• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

olimpia84

you guys both did great (and JJD too). Dream's motion mines were crucial but so were my last-minute revives =P which is unusual because I NEVER play as a medic on atacama but I figured we really needed to get tickets back while both C and B were helping us "bleed" their tickets

The last time I looked at the score it was 0 vs 4 tickets so I really don't know how the hell we won because I got killed at the very last second....I guess it was a combination of the tickets bleeding and some last second kills by our team coupled with a miracle revive that was done by somebody else in our team because like I said I was the very last person to "die" right before the end of the round came up

olimpia84 said:
you guys both did great (and JJD too). Dream's motion mines were crucial but so were my last-minute revives =P which is unusual because I NEVER play as a medic on atacama but I figured we really needed to get tickets back while both C and B were helping us "bleed" their tickets

The last time I looked at the score it was 0 vs 4 tickets so I really don't know how the hell we won because I got killed at the very last second....I guess it was a combination of the tickets bleeding and some last second kills by our team coupled with a miracle revive that was done by somebody else in our team because like I said I was the very last person to "die" right before the end of the round came up

1)How we won:
One of our teammates took down their rocket at the last second, which was an instant -2 to their ticket count. The rest of our team was also smart enough to just hide in the covers of B and let their team flood out to "find us". Hence, the sunk ship section there netted us a decent load of kills (with the help of the motion sensor!) They could have easily won if they all just holed up in A and wait for desperate us to go get them.

Their tank would have been a killer when it drove into B...but fortunately I threw down 2 at-mines in the water right before I switched to recon.

2)Their problem:
Like you said during the game, they just camp too much...in really horrible positions. They were capping C so I instinctively threw a motion mine over. There they were on my mini-map, on my 3d spot screen, sitting there camping, even though my motion sensor was beeping loud as day. Bam - instant death to them.

The other problem with the team is that way too many people ran shotgun. Which I guess fails when everyone know where you are ahead of time due to the motion sensor. By the time people were in range I already got them with my VSS.

That and some of their players absolutely can't aim at all... I was reloading my vss while an assault with his m416 popped right in front of me. He had like a whole 5-6 seconds to kill me and failed. I reloaded the vss, pop out of cover and killed him.

And their worst problem...
They could have easily just holed up in A and we probably would have lost.

No_Style

From my screen it was was hovering at around 5 tickets for a while, then slipped to 4, but they went down to around 9. Then the next update came and it was like 3 - 4, then 1 - 0 for the win.

We widdled down their tickets so quickly due to the following:

• we held two points
  • after a couple tank kills w/ two people in them
  • their helicopter dived into B and crashed killing at least one of them while somebody else picked off the other pilot
  • a skirmish on the crates at B involving a tank being repaired and the other team members spawning in and running around it while our dudes were picking them off from UAV side.

Rapid succession of kills and the 2 flag advantage did it for us.

Hellcrow

I experienced what must be the worst rush round on Oasis ever. The attacking team was basically a tank far away in sniping the A crate on the first set of MCOMs, two level 50 chopper whores doing the usual spin around fast and kill everything. The rest of them where snipers. They managed to arm and destroy B on the start of the round, and after that it was basically the chopper and snipers raping us as we spawned, and the tank slowly chipping away the A MCOM from afar. I managed to destroy the helicopter around 3-4 times with the guided rocket launcher, but I was pissed the whole round. The worst thing? The chopper whores left once they came to a set of MCOMs without choppers, and their team brutally lost.

Just all around bad round for almost everyone involved.

Hellcrow said:
I experienced what must be the worst rush round on Oasis ever. The attacking team was basically a tank far away in sniping the A crate on the first set of MCOMs, two level 50 chopper whores doing the usual spin around fast and kill everything. The rest of them where snipers. They managed to arm and destroy B on the start of the round, and after that it was basically the chopper and snipers raping us as we spawned, and the tank slowly chipping away the A MCOM from afar. I managed to destroy the helicopter around 3-4 times with the guided rocket launcher, but I was pissed the whole round. The worst thing? The chopper whores left once they came to a set of MCOMs without choppers, and their team brutally lost.

Just all around bad round for almost everyone involved.

Splinter mentioned in the BF3 thread that he though Medics were OP, and that may be the case on PC, but on PS3 there is no issue at all with Medics or any other class AFAICS. The only game-breaking element is the choppers. Against a good chopper pilot the game is simply no fun, even if you win.

I played two rounds on Atacama Desert Conquest today where we got raped by two choppers in the first round and lost, and then in the second round I spent the entire match on the AA at B and we won narrowly. And when I say the entire match, I mean the entire match: from spawn I drove to B, we capped it, and then I stayed on the AA until the match finished (respawning at B whenever I died and waiting underneath for the AA to respawn). I would probably have had more fun rubbing crushed glass on my balls than I did in those two matches... just an absolute waste of fucking time, completely devoid of any fun.

Calion

Starfish_Oxide said:
Apparently for xbox bashing he'll be back on the 18th AFAIK

Much ps3 bfbc2ers on tonight?

Eh, it wasn't really Xbox bashing. It was more along the lines of being a "Console Warrior" (WTF?). But yes, he shall be back on the 18th.

We miss you Seks. : (

Calion82v said:
Eh, it wasn't really Xbox bashing. It was more along the lines of being a "Console Warrior" (WTF?). But yes, he shall be back on the 18th.

We miss you Seks. : (

Yeah sorry "Console Warrior" put apparently it was against toward the xbox but whatever.

Does anyone have a good handle on exactly what the accuracy perks do? Does it reduce bullet spread while ADS and/or hip-firing, or does it affect recoil in some way?

SV98 retired. looks like i gotta downgrade sniper rifles now...

oh and Seks, if you're reading this, i'm guessing your friend is gonna tell you all about how we won a game against Winslow Lee 420 and 10 other Lv50's (and lost 4, but hey, we were with randoms!) we almost won a 2nd one too, had them down to 2 tickets on the 4th base of Valparaiso...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This is awesome, a DICE guy tweeted:
Using DICE as your tag in COD:BLOPS is no longer allowed? Nice one.
Two guys at the office reported it ("Word is forbidden"). Accidental? Maybe :)

PedYup

Yesterday I got my first hate mail in BFBC2.
So a squad of Gaffers is playing Port Valdez as defenders. One minute into the game Alpha building fell by a C4 quad. The team regroups on Bravo and starts bleeding the attackers tickets, four times the same guy in a quad with C4 slipped through and finally took Bravo.
On second set they tank-sniped Alpha building but we contain them in the choke point on the access road. With less than 15 tickets left they dropped Bravo building with C4 (Did you notice a pattern?).
Now Hunting Beast suicides and spawns to the Apache and I join him as the gunner. Again our team blocks them in the road and we proceed to base-rape them thoroughly as this time they can´t drop the MComs with C4. I got a double Nemesis pin for a guy determined in using the UAV or the vehicles. He sent me the hate mail and as you can guess he was the guy in the quad and the C4 dropping building tactic. If you live by the sword you die by the sword so don´t complain, bitch!.

Calion

PedYup said:
So a squad of Gaffers is playing Port Valdez as defenders. One minute into the game Alpha building fell by a C4 quad. The team regroups on Bravo and starts bleeding the attackers tickets, four times the same guy in a quad with C4 slipped through and finally took Bravo.
On second set they tank-sniped Alpha building but we contain them in the choke point on the access road. With less than 15 tickets left they dropped Bravo building with C4 (Did you notice a pattern?).
Now Hunting Beast suicides and spawns to the Apache and I join him as the gunner. Again our team blocks them in the road and we proceed to base-rape them thoroughly as this time they can´t drop the MComs with C4. I got a double Nemesis pin for a guy determined in using the UAV or the vehicles. He sent me the hate mail and as you can guess he was the guy in the quad and the C4 dropping building tactic. If you live by the sword you die by the sword so don´t complain, bitch!.

n118562_hemad.jpg

Congrats on your first fan mail.

Jas

PedYup said:

Awesome!

-Silver-

PedYup said:
I love getting hatemail, nothing says 'You've had a good match' better then a hatemail.

P.S. Did you suicide as well?
P.P.S. What was your comment back to that guy?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Schmattakopf said:
That's what I miss about Xbox Live.

Hate mail.

I used to send it, especially to snipers[!], but have recently adopted the Faceless philosophy: no hatemail, only send good or congratulatory messages.

PedYup

-Silver- said:
I love getting hatemail, nothing says 'You've had a good match' better then a hatemail.

P.S. Did you suicide as well?
P.P.S. What was your comment back to that guy?

I got killed just after that so I saw you in the chopper at the spawn screen. Having a good Apache pilot harassing their vehicles makes all the difference at third set.

The message was pretty low on the content side so it was a waste of time trying to engage in further conversation.

recklessmind said:
I used to send it, especially to snipers[!], but have recently adopted the Faceless philosophy: no hatemail, only send good or congratulatory messages.
this. i'm a congratulator, if someone does something awesome, i send them a nice message. i love the hatemail i get. especially this one.

JonCha

Bought this game on Saturday as I've played Halo: Reach for too long now, and needed a break. Did this deliver or what? The learning curve is a little steep to begin with, but after two days of on-and-off play I'm getting a good feel for how the game works (though there seem to be an infinite amount of unique maps). Nothing better than being a chopper gunner and shooting the crap out of a base over and over again while watching your teammates cap points.

Hellcrow

Just did my favorite little play. Went up the stairs in a building on Oasis, only to meet an engineer with a pump-shot head to head. He is to slow, and I down him and start reloading. Suddenly, a recon pops up with an AG3, but I quickly switch to the dead engi kit and hipblast him with the shotgun.

I felt awesome.

Sad news as I was playing today with Ejas and Manny.

My launch PS3 just died.

Goodbye my good friend. I knew it was going to happen eventually. Total PS3 death count for me is at 2.

Jas

Crakatak187 said:
Sad news as I was playing today with Ejas and Manny.

My launch PS3 just died.

Goodbye my good friend. I knew it was going to happen eventually. Total PS3 death count for me is at 2.

That sucks, the last thing I heard was "it's taking a while to load". Manny had to get a a new PS3 last month, maybe the game is wearing out PS3s haha. Hope to see you back on soon.

Probably a couple of weeks. I don't have the money right now. I always said in the past that my PS3 would die eventually. I'm not upset or anything since I've seen it coming.

You know when your PS3 is dead if the system just shut off all of a sudden. Which is weird it doesn't give any clue that it is going to die unlike the 360.

I got an excuse to get the slim now.

Sorry PS3 gaf it looks like my break just got extended and today I said I was fully back. Oh the irony.

Foil

Crakatak187 said:
Probably a couple of weeks. I don't have the money right now. I always said in the past that my PS3 would die eventually. I'm not upset or anything since I've seen it coming.

You know when your PS3 is dead if the system just shut off all of a sudden. Which is weird it doesn't give any clue that it is going to die unlike the 360.

Sorry PS3 gaf it looks like my break just got extended and today I said I was fully back. Oh the irony.

I had the same thing happen a year ago to my 60GB while playing the BC2 demo. It just shut off and never went back on. The slims are nice, but boy do I ever miss my 60GB and the PS2 BWC. I wish I would have had some warning signs before it went so I could have deleted all my info and backed up some saves.

Crakatak187 said:

join the dark side.

Crakatak187 said:

Now that JM and I got new jobs, we should pitch in some money and buy you a new one

Sorry I haven't been on much T_T

Foil said:
I had the same thing happen a year ago to my 60GB while playing the BC2 demo. It just shut off and never went back on. The slims are nice, but boy do I ever miss my 60GB and the PS2 BWC. I wish I would have had some warning signs before it went so I could have deleted all my info and backed up some saves.
Both my 60 GBs are dead now. 60 GBs are going extinct.

My brother and I are pitching in on the next one. I always wanted a slim. I wish I could get a white version though.

I already have a 360 in the household Faceless. I just don't have my own Live account and I don't want to rebuy the game with BF3 on the horizon.

Is it me or handhelds are much more reliable this generation. I'm seriously hoping for cross platform play between the NGP and the PS3 and a BF on it in the future.

It's cool no need to pitch anything. I don't want you guys to know where I live haha

Wait a year she's not 18 yet. She's going to turn 17 this summer. Before I leave I'll post up some pictures for the hell of it.

Man I'm an awkward brother. Most brothers are protective. I give a shit.

No_Style

I actually dismantled my 60GB PS3 late last year and cleaned it out. I also replaced the fan with a 19 blade one instead of the 17 blade. I'm hoping for many more years of service from it.

Also this thread is getting a bit awkward. :lol

I'm getting Punkbuster kicked every few minutes after updating it for another game. I don't understand how Punkbuster remains such a fixture in the industry. I remember dealing with this shit all of the time when I was playing Battlefield Vietnam 7 years ago. I'd rather play with cheaters. At least I'd be in the game.

Calion

Crakatak187 said:
Wait a year she's not 18 yet. She's going to turn 17 this summer. Before I leave I'll post up some pictures for the hell of it.

Man I'm an awkward brother. Most brothers are protective. I give a shit.

Oh boy.

Jas

CaptainAhab said:
I'm getting Punkbuster kicked every few minutes after updating it for another game. I don't understand how Punkbuster remains such a fixture in the industry. I remember dealing with this shit all of the time when I was playing Battlefield Vietnam 7 years ago. I'd rather play with cheaters. At least I'd be in the game.

I haven't had any issues with Bad Company 2 but it happens all the time with me when I play Battlefield 2. Tried playing Battlefield 2 last week after seeing the new trailer for BF3 every game I joined I got kicked 10 minutes into each of them. Punkbuster can't die soon enough.

Top Bottom