• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Hellcrow

Played some BF2 while PSN was down.

Some thoughts:

- Huge maps are still awesome, but teamwork is MUCH more important to have fun.
- Fuck limited sprinting.
- Fuck airplanes. Forgot how invincible they were.
- It is damn hard to actually hit anything from a distance. Forces me to close gaps in creative ways.
- Instaprown is still prevelant. Looks silly, hope they make your gun inaccurate the moment you go prone in BF3.
- Jesus christ, 64 player is chaotic.
- Europeans have mostly horrible english skills.
- I miss my old squad of dudes from "back then" :(.

Lkr

Hellcrow said:
Played some BF2 while PSN was down.

Some thoughts:

- Huge maps are still awesome, but teamwork is MUCH more important to have fun.
- Fuck limited sprinting.
- Fuck airplanes. Forgot how invincible they were.
- It is damn hard to actually hit anything from a distance. Forces me to close gaps in creative ways.
- Instaprown is still prevelant. Looks silly, hope they make your gun inaccurate the moment you go prone in BF3.
- Jesus christ, 64 player is chaotic.
- Europeans have mostly horrible english skills.
- I miss my old squad of dudes from "back then" :(.
I was thinking about reinstalling BF2 and 2142 but I am too scared to see how they have aged. I'll just ignorantly say nothing has topped them :p

I upgraded to the latest nvidia drivers last night and my screen kept flickering black. Rolled back to the release before that, hoping it fixes the problem :s

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
olimpia84 said:
PS3GAF is time to report to the Battlefield again, servers are up and running
Not in Argentina.

Just a couple of days away!

I am to lazy to go through 700pages of this OT but i just got it last week in the steam sale and I am getting a Blue Screen crash everytime i play. Now it is only when I play this game and after googling it I see a lot of people have had this issue. Is there a work around it?

Lkr

arts&crafts said:
I am to lazy to go through 700pages of this OT but i just got it last week in the steam sale and I am getting a Blue Screen crash everytime i play. Now it is only when I play this game and after googling it I see a lot of people have had this issue. Is there a work around it?
what are your specs?

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model P55A-UD4P
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4 (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz)

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 931 GB
Disk partition (C:) 428 GB Free (931 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Total available graphics memory 2811 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1787 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.782.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Network Adapter D-Link DWA-542 RangeBooster N Desktop Adapter
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Jas

Good games dantheman, meppi, rock, and seks. The team we were playing wasn't good but it makes for decent practice especially when you haven't played in a while. Felt good to be back. :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
First day PSN's back and Meppi, Ejas, Rock, Manu, and I make a server clear. We weren't even playing that hard, guys. All you had to do was stop DERP SNIPING. :|

meppi

Hehe, yeah that "legend" level 50 clan was pretty pathetic.

We join on the last set on defense which they had been steamrolling, even up the teams and they grind to a halt.
Game after that, we're on offense, same map, Set 1 A+B taken in less than 2 minutes, set 2 A+B taken just as fast.
cue= legends clan bailing with their tails between their legs.

SMH.

TheSeks

Yeah, my PS3 mysteriously overheated on that stupid Laguna Presa Rush defense. So I'm letting it cool down for now.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
ochobit said:
Do you have any idea how they're handling stuff in Latin America? Is there any official word? :(
PS Blog Latino America

According to the EU PS Twitter account the PSN is already up in latin america.... but is not up here in Arg.

TheSeks

Oh, my god. I think my PS3 YLoD on me, and Portal 2 is stuck in the drive. :|

TheSeks said:
Is it under warranty? If not, I would see about opening the ps3 up yourself, and attempting to get the disc out and or attempt to fix it

Fersis

TheSeks said:
What an awful timing.
To take out the disc i think you have to press and hold Eject before turning the PS3 on.

Sorry to hear that TheSeks.

TheSeks

Mr Nightman said:
Is it under warranty? If not, I would see about opening the ps3 up yourself, and attempting to get the disc out and or attempt to fix it

Nope. $150 to get it fixed. This is the third/second refurb. Third time I've had to contact Sony within the year, second refurb sent after my GPU failed in my 80 gig. Sent back with fixed paste, died within a week. Got sent this refurb. Stayed alive until today when in the middle of BC2 it overheated. "Weird," I thought. Turned it off, cooled for an hour. Took out BC2, put in Portal 2 to play with Dream. Turned it off. Turned it back on YLoD. :|

Now Portal 2 PS3 is stuck in there, but on the bright side thanks to PSN not needing the store, I did get Portal 2 PC redeemed if I want to continue playing it there on my shitty laptop. :/

Cuban Legend said:
Sucks to hear that. maybe its time to get a PC?

Yeah, I think I'm done with this generation. If I get a job with this interview prospect place, it's time to start saving the money and change my PS3 BF3 pre-order to the PC version. I'm done, I'm pissed. 2 360's, "2"/3 PS3's. And they both die in a year after I paid $150 each fix. Fuck both manufacturers. I'll just stick with PC and bend over backwards to get shit off Steam without a credit card if that's how they want me to be.

Fersis said:
To take out the disc i think you have to press and hold Eject before turning the PS3 on.

Tried that, it won't eject. :|

Sorry, Dream. I can't play Portal 2 with you unless I download it off Steam for hours and then nearly burn myself alive to get it to run on my laptop. :/

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
only a matter of time, reliable hardware is last gen.

Yep, seems to be the case. Get a PC able to run BF3 and join me there, duder. Or I'll buy one for you. Fuck both these shitty consoles, I swear. :|

TheSeks said:
Yep, seems to be the case. Get a PC able to run BF3 and join me there, duder. Or I'll buy one for you. Fuck both these shitty consoles, I swear. :|
I hear you guys, these consoles are seriously pieces of shit. I have a launch psone, from 96, that still works like a damn champ, while my 360 sits covered in dust looking like this
IMAG0096.jpg

Pretty fucking pathetic if you ask me lol

TheSeks

Well, on the bright side: While I wait to see if I ace this interview for a job I guess I could use this time and go through some X-box OG and PS2 games I have in my backlog. >_> <_< >_>

tried logging onto BC2 online tonight after PSN finally went back up, and it said it couldn't connect to the PSN network...(just finished playing SOCOM, so I know PSN is up...). Anyone else getting this?

CatPee

surefire1982 said:
tried logging onto BC2 online tonight after PSN finally went back up, and it said it couldn't connect to the PSN network...(just finished playing SOCOM, so I know PSN is up...). Anyone else getting this?

Sony brought it down again due to server overload from people trying to sign on and resetting passwords. Should be up later on. Earlier today I enjoyed about 2-3 hours of BC2 though.

I don't want to sound obnoxious , arrogant, or oblivious. But are you guys being sarcastic about the whole 'we should buy a PC, this gen isn't worth the hassle'?

It's just that seeing you guys who are hardcore console players say these things isn't normal, I'd just like to get my facts straight.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, I think I'm done with this generation. If I get a job with this interview prospect place, it's time to start saving the money and change my PS3 BF3 pre-order to the PC version. I'm done, I'm pissed. 2 360's, "2"/3 PS3's. And they both die in a year after I paid $150 each fix. Fuck both manufacturers. I'll just stick with PC and bend over backwards to get shit off Steam without a credit card if that's how they want me to be.

i used to buy VISA gift cards/debit cards for like $4 from CVS or Wall-greens, and I would put 100 bucks or so on them, load that into my Steam wallet and I can buy stuff directly from there whenever I want. Just reload the card you already got with some more next time you want to load up your wallet when a sale is coming.

Summer sale came @ about June 24th last year, that's a bout a month from now btw.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
I don't want to sound obnoxious , arrogant, or oblivious. But are you guys being sarcastic about the whole 'we should buy a PC, this gen isn't worth the hassle'?

It's just that seeing you guys who are hardcore console players say these things isn't normal, I'd just like to get my facts straight.

Nope. At this point I can't give a damn anymore. I might as well break down and convert to Steam (even if I have to get a pre-paid CC and go through the hassle to use Steam as they can't get on the MS/PSN point card train) to not have to spend $150 and hope the refurb holds at this point.

I lose FF13, Blazblue, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3 at this rate. But I gain a redone for PC lead BF3, CoD: Black Ops (for me to poop on!), and some other shooters.

(Oh and SSF4 AE, which I guess gives me a reason to sell my SSF4 non-AE PS3 disc now).

I gave both consoles two chances after GPU failures. They repaid me for my $150 investment in them with dying not even a full year later. So fuck them. POS manufactures.

CatPee

TheSeks said:
Nope. At this point I can't give a damn anymore. I might as well break down and convert to Steam (even if I have to get a pre-paid CC and go through the hassle to use Steam as they can't get on the MS/PSN point card train) to not have to spend $150 and hope the refurb holds at this point.

I lose FF13, Blazblue, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3 at this rate. But I gain a redone for PC lead BF3, CoD: Black Ops (for me to poop on!), and some other shooters.

(Oh and SSF4 AE, which I guess gives me a reason to sell my SSF4 non-AE PS3 disc now).

I gave both consoles two chances after GPU failures. They repaid me for my $150 investment in them with dying not even a full year later. So fuck them. POS manufactures.

But it's Dark Souls and Uncharted 3! DARK SOULS and UNCHARTED 3! D:

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
Summer sale came @ about June 24th last year, that's a bout a month from now btw.

Unless I get a job sometime in the next couple of weeks, those sales won't mean much to me, dude. I'm unemployed. The PS3 was my daily past time between applying to places
and being told no, or lol disability
in the evening. Now I have nothing to do except go through my DS, PSP, PS2, and X-box backlog while waiting to see if I can get a job sometime soon to get the money to get on the BF3 PC train. :/ (Which I doubt will happen knowing my luck. *sigh*)

Nabs said:
That really sucks

Yep. I expected the 360 to die again after I got it fixed out of warrenty, so I wasn't as pissed. The PS3 is supposed to be the "stable" one of the HD twins, but nope.avi. :|

Fersis

Uh Oh.
Looks like i cant reset my Argentinean PSN Account since it doesnt have a PSN Store.
=/

Maybe ill have to create a new one.
Thanks Hakers and SONY. XOXO

EDIT: Got my PSN ID back! Gonna join Rockscar right nao.

As i posted on the last page I am getting a blue screen system crash after playing BC2 for a while on pc, I have tried every fix i can think of. Is it possible that my videocard is overheating? This hasn't happened before or with any other games but maybe BC2 is taxing on the card? (5770)

so it just blue screened, the blue screen only lasted about 3 seconds before my computer restarted and it just said hardware error. Keep in mind this ONLY happens when i play bc2. After the computer restarted this is what popped up.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004FC7028
BCP3: 00000000B6000000
BCP4: 0000000000200001
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\051611-21387-01.dmp

First, fix it so that your PC wont restart instantly from a blue-screen so you can screenshot it with a camera and or write it down:

Do this by typing "sysdm.cpl" in the RUN box. Then go to Advanced > Startup and Recovery > and check the option to make a memory dump, note the location while unchecking the option to Automatically restart.

make sure all your drivers are up to date. ALL OF THEM. from your CPU drivers to your audio card drivers, to chipset drivers.

Find the memory dump of your bluescreen. drop it into a .txt file and upload it to mediafire and post a link to the Download.

Anyone know how to get the damn flag defender pin? It's the last pin I need (cause I never touch conquest) and I can't get it. I've killed like 7 dudes in the same match trying to take my flag and nothing. Is there an easy map to get it on?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mobius1B7R said:
Anyone know how to get the damn flag defender pin? It's the last pin I need (cause I never touch conquest) and I can't get it. I've killed like 7 dudes in the same match trying to take my flag and nothing. Is there an easy map to get it on?

Just play a conquest map that has a million tickets and is mostly CQB with constant flag caps and re-caps. You'll get those pins easily. Arica Harbor, for instance... fight for B and you should get it (this is usually a long match).

Mobius1B7R said:
the flag has to be marked in blue.

Top Bottom