• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Calion

TheSeks said:
You're still not level 50. :eek:

I thought you hit that when I was piloting that Blackhawk for you.

Nope. I got my air platinum while you were piloting the blackhawk though.

TheSeks said:
Cal: Get a PC along with Faceless, man. ;___;

Good news. I'm actually looking into gaming PCs for the next couple of months. I'll definitely get one this year. I'll probably get BF3 for PC and PS3.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Calion82v said:
Good news. I'm actually looking into gaming PCs for the next couple of months. I'll definitely get one this year. I'll probably get BF3 for PC and PS3.

Well if we're all migrating to PC as well... I hope you guys will consider ARMA3 as another option.

Would be great to have our GAF squad on a PC military sim. Between that and BF3 I can't imagine I'll be playing much else.

Haven't played in a while... have I missed anything? Did a patch for Vietnam come out that fixed the chopper damage? I still have a few achivements to get to max out *for the third time*. Once I hit my level 50 in Brotherhood I'm jumping back in.

Nabs

fawaz said:
i have no idea how to do that. and the explanation at the link doesn't help.
download pbsetup and extract it somewhere. download that htm file named "for players" and place it in that pbsetup folder. run pbsetup and allow it to update, then go to "add game" and select bc2 from the list. click "check for updates".

TheSeks said:
PC GAMING! <3

Fucking DICE.

meppi

What a piece of shit matchmaking is.

We have one level 47 and everyone else is sub 40 and mostly 20s.

Yet the enemy team consists of 5 level 50s. tss
And it's not like they joined as a squad or anything.
They just casually joined in one by one.
Jesus Christ, some quality programming right there.

recklessmind said:
Well if we're all migrating to PC as well... I hope you guys will consider ARMA3 as another option.

Would be great to have our GAF squad on a PC military sim. Between that and BF3 I can't imagine I'll be playing much else.

I'm ashamed to say that I hope BF3 gets pushed back a bit until Intel releases Sandy bridge-e so I won't have to feel bad about my new processor right after >.>

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:

Is it as clunky in terms of AI able to see you for miles as Op Flashpoint: Dragon Rising?

meppi said:
What a piece of shit matchmaking is.

Partially MM, partially DICE's squad invite system.

todahawk

what the hell? PS3 BC2 gaf is migrating to PC?

I picked up the PC copy of BC2 but I don't think my machine is up for it...

NPFFql.jpg

1b8hKl.jpg

meppi

greenjerk said:
what the hell? PS3 BC2 gaf is migrating to PC?

Not me. Sticking with the PS3 version unless the cafe version ends up being vastly superior, then I'll switch to that one.

No interest in playing on a PC at all.
Half-life 1 DM was fun for about 7 years, but that's only because it wasn't released on consoles.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I may have worked on PC games but console peasant til i die. ^__^

Though if i get a good job i may get a nice PC to play BF3.

Evolved1

Calion82v said:
I'm not really migrating per se. More like, "Expanding".

Right... that's what I'm saying.

Toda, what happened to your screen? Wife get mad at you? haha. :[

Swiss army knife can solve a lot of problems... but I don't think it's gonna fix that one.

TheSeks said:
Is it as clunky in terms of AI able to see you for miles as Op Flashpoint: Dragon Rising?

OFP:DR is crap and it's almost blasphemous to make the comparison when you consider the pedigree. Nevertheless... ArmA can be a pain in the butt and (when I played) it was buggy as hell. Imo all AI in all shooters, sim or not, are always braindead. ArmA makes up for it in other ways though.

recklessmind said:

triple dip!

olimpia84

I'm sticking on consoles too (either PS3 or Cafe) although I really need a new PC so I might be double dipping down the road with BF3

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
Sorry guys, ps3 crashed. hope you guys won that white pass defense round.

Not sure... we lost everyone. You and Rock and then it froze on me a couple mins after. :/

Was fun playing tonight though... minus the pestering recons.

and Faceless was there!

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Right... that's what I'm saying.

Toda, what happened to your screen? Wife get mad at you? haha. :[

Swiss army knife can solve a lot of problems... but I don't think it's gonna fix that one.

Actually, yeah... let's put it this way, I'm going to have a lot more time for gaming.

edit: BTW, my iMac had the bulk of my MFA thesis work on it... and she knew it. Good thing I back up regularly and have copies on my work laptop.

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
Actually, yeah... let's put it this way, I'm going to have a lot more time for gaming.

edit: BTW, my iMac had the bulk of my MFA thesis work on it... and she knew it. Good thing I back up regularly and have copies on my work laptop.

Sorry to hear that brother... didn't realize. Joke seems in pretty bad taste now. :(

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Sorry to hear that brother... didn't realize. Joke seems in pretty bad taste now. :(

Not your fault at all, you had no way of knowing. I'm not even worried about my Mac, I took the kids and moved out. The last two weeks is the happiest I've seen them in a long time. Here's hoping I'm a single father soon.

Sorry to shit up the thread with this... but I'm looking forward to playing with everyone again soon.

@dream: yeah, things were pretty fucked up in the house at that point. I don't think I told you guys about this but my wife had a viral infection in her brain back in 08. She lost all of her short and long term memory and while she got a lot back she was never the same. She started getting irritable, then angry, then worse. I'm really hoping she gets some help, she's not rational at this point and I don't even know her as my wife right now. Got the kids in therapy and myself as well... sometimes you don't realize how bad a situation has gotten because you're so close to it.

No_Style

greenjerk said:

Unless the HDD is dead or damaged, you can still retrieve it. It takes a bit of effort, but it is possible.

greenjerk said:

@dream: yeah, things were pretty fucked up in the house at that point. I don't think I told you guys about this but my wife had a viral infection in her brain back in 08. She lost all of her short and long term memory and while she got a lot back she was never the same. She started getting irritable, then angry, then worse. I'm really hoping she gets some help, she's not rational at this point and I don't even know her as my wife right now. Got the kids in therapy and myself as well... sometimes you don't realize how bad a situation has gotten because you're so close to it.

Hope things work out for everyone.

todahawk

No_Style said:
Unless the HDD is dead or damaged, you can still retrieve it. It takes a bit of effort, but it is possible.

yeah, i'm actually not too worried. The display is obviously shot but from what I could tell in the short time I had to check it out, the drive seemed intact, i'll just need to attach my laptop to it and start it in target disk mode. The fucking thing wasn't even paid for yet but whatever... I'll take it to the local Apple store when I get back in the house and see what they can do.

@dream: thx, it sucks (understatement of the year) but I think we'll be okay, just gonna take some time.

@reckless: forgot to mention I was just getting ready for finals when the shit hit the fan. Rescheduled one and took it but my thesis will have to wait until later this summer. :(

fawaz

Banned
Nabs said:
download pbsetup and extract it somewhere. download that htm file named "for players" and place it in that pbsetup folder. run pbsetup and allow it to update, then go to "add game" and select bc2 from the list. click "check for updates".

Fucking DICE.

It did nothing

fawaz

Banned
TheSeks said:
It's only 80 if you have a team that sucks.

"DEFEND: A"

(Blow up cover on "hill"/near B, blow up cover on "pass", blow up cover on "back door"/nearly everything going to B but with exceptions of protecting teammates that are in certain buildings)

Get two people spamming mines while someone throws ammo and the others protect them/kill attackers. You can't take the second set easy anymore. It's still possible, but getting to A against a good team is nearly impossible.

PC GAMING! <3

There should be a Punkbuster update client application thingy in your start menu for BC2's target (unless bought off Steam), click that and then manually/automatically find updates.

steam game.
why is it so fucking difficult to play the game i payed for.

is it possible to get a refund from steam and buy it from EA store if that helps

fawaz

Banned
Nabs said:
it has nothing to do with steam. my copy is on steam, and i was able to update it just fine.

i didn't say the problem was updating it.
i have no idea what the problem is. hell, i don't even know if i have punkbuster.
so can we start from zero to figer out what the problem is?

Nabs

It's probably not a Punkbuster problem then. What's your setup like, and have you tried updating your video card drivers?

fawaz

Banned
Nabs said:
It's probably not a Punkbuster problem then. What's your setup like, and have you tried updating your video card drivers?

i am pretty sure it's punkbuster because i i can play on unranked servers that don't have punk buster, and a message appears that says punkbuster kicked you when i join a ranked server.

TheSeks

fawaz said:
i am pretty sure it's punkbuster because i i can play on unranked servers that don't have punk buster, and a message appears that says punkbuster kicked you when i join a ranked server.

Did you enable Punkbuster in-game?

There should be a Punkbuster update client if Nabs is right somewhere in your BC2 folder. Click that, check for updates. It should update the game/client with the latest PB files then.

Or stop going to ranked. *shrug*

fawaz said:
What is the specific punkbuster error code you get, have you Googled it yet?

You may have a program running in the background that is being red flagged by punkbuster. I once had a certain kick which happened when I had an autohotkey script running that I used to use for controlling Windows Media Player playback while in a game. I had to learn to close it's process before I went into any PB game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yo I remember this one game where punkbuster took us out one buy one. It was some scary skynet shit.

Fuck punkbuster. Why the fuck does dice keep using it. Ever since 194-fucking-2. You'd think that pb has some dark secret of their's like that they have hookers available to the staff 24/7 or something.

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
Fuck punkbuster. Why the fuck does dice keep using it. Ever since 194-fucking-2. You'd think that pb has some dark secret of their's like that they have hookers available to the staff 24/7 or something.

YOU MEAN THEY DON'T!?

*cancels pre-order employment application*

meppi

Well that was certainly a fun evening. ;)

The highlight of the night for me was trying to tag 2 chopper whores on Atacama Desert and not being able to for the well known reasons.
So I switched into wookie mode and downed both of them within a matter of minutes with my M95. :D
Would have loved to see the look on their faces, especially that moron "Apache" who made a new profile just to grief newbies. Level 4 my ass.

Guess that didn't work out the way you planned it now, did it? :p

meppi

Well it's quite late over here and I've already played more than 6 hours today, so I think I'll pop in a movie before heading to bed.
Maybe tomorrow around 6CET.

TheSeks

Htown said:
anybody else's stats/levels reset?

It happens. Server maintaince. Don't worry, it'll be back.

Meanwhile: I'm bored. :/

Fersis: GGPO doesn't allow PPP/KKK Macros? SHIT SUX. I want to play against you
and lose as I'm not latino
in King of Fighters. :( I even got MotionInJoy working with my DS3's as... let's face it... right now they're USELESS for anything but emulation controllers. (<3 them being here when I have to get a wired controller for 360, when I can just plug these in with USB and off I go)

I only have SF3: Third Strike right now as I'm messing with things and trying to figure out how to get GGPO running. Minus the PPP/KKK macro fiasco screwing up my pad fighting, I should be okay.

Top Bottom