• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

recklessmind said:
Just play a conquest map that has a million tickets and is mostly CQB with constant flag caps and re-caps. You'll get those pins easily. Arica Harbor, for instance... fight for B and you should get it (this is usually a long match).

On the Xbox? Usually I get a team of a bunch of snipers and me and my friends trying to cap flags so I never get a chance to defend. I'll try Arica harbor for it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mobius1B7R said:
On the Xbox? Usually I get a team of a bunch of snipers and me and my friends trying to cap flags so I never get a chance to defend. I'll try Arica harbor for it.

Leave your public squad, make a private squad by sending an invite to your friend and setting the status to private. Camp a flag or near it. As soon as it starts blinking, squad order the flag (hover your cross-hair over A/B/C's that's blinking) and go in and kill everyone. Squad defense.

TheSeks said:
Leave your public squad, make a private squad by sending an invite to your friend and setting the status to private. Camp a flag or near it. As soon as it starts blinking, squad order the flag (hover your cross-hair over A/B/C's that's blinking) and go in and kill everyone. Squad defense.

I'm always in a squad with my buddy, I never play alone haha. I camped at C last night on Oasis and got 6 kills but didn't get it. I guess it's the squad order thing. You'd think EA could describe their pins a little better.

TheSeks

Mobius1B7R said:
I'm always in a squad with my buddy, I never play alone haha. I camped at C last night on Oasis and got 6 kills but didn't get it. I guess it's the squad order thing. You'd think EA could describe their pins a little better.

There's no "flag defense" pin in general. You have to have squad ordered defenses (when the flag is blinking, order someone to defend it and then they kill people) to get the flag defense pin.

TheSeks

Cuban: Talked to a friend about getting a high-end (at least in graphics) performance PC for Battlefield 3. They recommended:

-AMD i5/i6 CPU
-6 or more gigs RAM
-Nvidia GTX470

Is that okay? They said it's like $500-600 which would be in my ballpark for a replacement/movement to PC for BF3.

All I want is DAT PRETTY GRAPHICS that "PC MASTER RACE" talks about with performance that won't melt my tower into goo from playing the game for hours. :|

TheSeks said:
Cuban: Talked to a friend about getting a high-end (at least in graphics) performance PC for Battlefield 3. They recommended:

-AMD i5/i6 CPU
-6 or more gigs RAM
-Nvidia GTX470

Is that okay? They said it's like $500-600 which would be in my ballpark for a replacement/movement to PC for BF3.

All I want is DAT PRETTY GRAPHICS that "PC MASTER RACE" talks about with performance that won't melt my tower into goo from playing the game for hours. :|
Would say 4gb of ram would absolutely suffice versus 6, go repost this in the i need a new pc thread, and you will get endless suggestions and info for any questions you may have :) But that will be pretty close to what would be suggested anyhow

TheSeks

Mr Nightman said:
Would say 4gb of ram would absolutely suffice versus 6, go repost this in the i need a new pc thread, and you will get endless suggestions and info for any questions you may have :) But that will be pretty close to what would be suggested anyhow

But, I'm scared of Brain_Stew and GHST and "PC MASTERRACE" jumping down my throat for gaming on consoles. :(

I have Brain_Stew and GHST on ignore.

I honestly have never built a PC myself before, so I'm curious what I need for BF3 in terms of HD/GLORIOUS MASTERRACE VISUALS and not melting the hardware for hours.

6 gigs RAM wouldn't be too bad in terms of future proofing, I guess. Not too sure how expensive RAM is now a days.

Binabik15

Had my first shot at the pc MP. Ouch. I used to be much better than that. Being "naked" sucks a lot when you´re rusty, during the times PSN would show me as lvl 0 I was doing okay with the starting kit.

On the plus side, I destroyed 3 m-coms in my second game. The first round ended half a minute after I joined and consisted of missing a tank with my rpg and getting shot dead. I might have gotten the 4 m-com pin in the second round, which would´ve been pretty funny, but I had to quit due to warping around. It´s always fun when someone decides to start sending files per ICQ while you´re playing :/

Finally got rid of the AEK ind the last round for today and had much fun using the XM8P, which just feels really nice, IMO. Got K/D to 1.0 for that round using it. Yay.

Might even play again, getting the repair tool. Then medic for point farming and then recon with the unlocked shotgun for motion mines (wish I had my G3 ;_;). Trying the maps from VIP pack 7 I never played.

Only this time I won´t be as confused with pc spotting and weapon selection and my feeling for how many shots it takes to kill becoming better. I played SP a lot over the last few days and I´m used to putting a lot fewer shots into enemies before switching to the next target.

PS: I grabed a G3 with sights from a body, is this the real life? Is it just fantasy?

TheSeks said:
But, I'm scared of Brain_Stew and GHST and "PC MASTERRACE" jumping down my throat for gaming on consoles. :(

I honestly have never built a PC myself before, so I'm curious what I need for BF3 in terms of HD/GLORIOUS MASTERRACE VISUALS and not melting the hardware for hours.

6 gigs RAM wouldn't be too bad in terms of future proofing, I guess. Not too sure how expensive RAM is now a days.
Many console peeps go into that thread, building their first pc's strictly for gaming and bf3, just saying they can probably give you the best idea on what to get and or wait for, moreso than myself. But I will tell you that building a pc is soo easy, that myself in a wheelchair with limited arm strength walked my dad through the whole build, since most things I was unable to do, and it worked right from the start

TheSeks

Mr Nightman said:
Many console peeps go into that thread, building their first pc's strictly for gaming and bf3, just saying they can probably give you the best idea on what to get and or wait for, moreso than myself. But I will tell you that building a pc is soo easy, that myself in a wheelchair with limited arm strength walked my dad through the whole build, since most things I was unable to do, and it worked right from the start

B-B-BUT PC MASTER RACE IS SCARY. :(

I rather ask BC2's PC community. Less scary. (Except for Stallion)

TheSeks said:
B-B-BUT PC MASTER RACE IS SCARY. :(

I rather ask BC2's PC community. Less scary. (Except for Stallion)
Well as a reference system to start from, I roll with an amd phenom quad core, 4gb of ddr3 ram, and a gtx 460 video card, and can easily run bad co 2 with everything maxed, and keep an fps average close to 60fps, so what your friend suggested would indeed be a powerful setup for gaming, a decent bit more powerful then mine

Nabs

TheSeks said:

No one is really sure about BF3 just yet, but your friend has the right idea. For 600ish you can definitely come up with a nice build. If the PC thread scares you, just keep an eye out on the OP. Haz updates it regularly with two different builds. The $600 - Damn Capable Build, and the $900-1000 - Face Melting Build.

Either way, you'll be happy.

Just let us know when you come up with a hard budget.

TheSeks

Well, I posted there. Watch it be ignored. Whee~

I miss playing Bad Company 2. :( Stupid PS3 dying.

TheSeks said:

-AMD i5/i6 CPU
-6 or more gigs RAM
-Nvidia GTX470

Thats fine for now. You can always upgrade later if need be. See you on the battlefield... when the time comes.

TheSeks said:

You'll be fine in that thread. Everyone welcomes those who are open to looking into building a new PC.

Stallion Free said:
you scared of my carl gustav?
Your carl should be scared of my AT4

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
you scared of my carl gustav?

No, I'm scared of your PC cooties. ;)

Cuban said:
when the time comes.

If the job comes you mean. I'll know in 2-3 weeks if I should start putting a fund together to get a BF3 machine.

I may even rebuy BC2 on PC just to see the pretty. But I need the rig first.

TheSeks said:
No, I'm scared of your PC cooties. ;)

If the job comes you mean. I'll know in 2-3 weeks if I should start putting a fund together to get a BF3 machine.

I may even rebuy BC2 on PC just to see the pretty. But I need the rig first.
if you afford it, bad co 2 is only 15.99 for digital download on amazon, that way you already own it for your future pc

Saw this on Reddit and it made me laugh.

2t9bq.jpg

fawaz

Banned
ok now i am deprete

please someone help me
fucking punkbuster won't let me play online
I tried EVERYTHING, and i have had this game for over 2 months!

TheSeks

Razorskin said:
Is BC2 a significant upgrade from the first?

Plays completely different. BC1= Battlefield before CoD popularity from 4.
BC2 = CoB:MW1

Also is the online play working for the ps3?

Unless you're in Japan, yes. It's up. Been up since Sunday.

Nabs said:
wait for the 2 dollar steam sale.

They're going to do that again?

Honestly, paying $20 (for a disc at Wal-mart) for BC2 isn't a huge deal after buying it day 1 on PS3 at $60 and sinking an ungodly amount of time into it for me. *shrug*

fawaz said:

I feel your pain. Q3A patch 1.32 introduced Punkbuster that was new at the time, fucking ruined the game for me because I couldn't play at all without LOL CVAR CONFLICT WITH SERVER KICK. LOL YOU AREN'T PURE KICK (even though I was fucking pure outside of having custom models for players in non-pure servers). KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK.

I rather deal with aimbots than punkbuster. >:|

TheSeks said:
I feel your pain. Q3A patch 1.32 introduced Punkbuster that was new at the time, fucking ruined the game for me because I couldn't play at all without LOL CVAR CONFLICT WITH SERVER KICK. LOL YOU AREN'T PURE KICK (even though I was fucking pure outside of having custom models for players in non-pure servers). KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK.

I rather deal with aimbots than punkbuster. >:|

Not sure if I agree with that statement about aimbots > PB. PunkBuster is terrible and everything, but aimbots really destroy my desire to ever play a game online. In fact, I wish PB was better at detecting aimbots/wallhacks etc.

PB and other anti-cheats are an automated substitute for an active admin on the server who can monitor player behaviour etc and hand out bans; but most servers I play on don't have active admins anyways. You have to request one of them to come take a look, if they even have one.

As far as custom models, I'm sure you understand why it was necessary though. You might have been using "realistic" custom models, but another person might be using models for enemy players that make them bright red or perhaps have a 200 ft cylinder sticking out of their helmet.

Nabs

TheSeks said:
They're going to do that again?

Honestly, paying $20 (for a disc at Wal-mart) for BC2 isn't a huge deal after buying it day 1 on PS3 at $60 and sinking an ungodly amount of time into it for me. *shrug*

It sold for $7 during the Christmas and recent EA sale on Steam. I bet it drops during the Summer sale coming up.

fawaz said:
ok now i am deprete

please someone help me
I tried EVERYTHING, and i have had this game for over 2 months!

I hate PB so much. What errors are you getting and what things have you tried?

Eric WK said:
I hate playing with pubbies on 360. Send me friend requests: Eric WK.

My friend from work and I have gotten back into this-and we do great, but we're only a squad of two. We want to play with some others-so I'll add you tonight.

Played a couple games tonight with some friends. I almost forgot how much fun this game was. I also realized that my 40ml shotgun is almost platinum stared. I have a new goal.

TheSeks

You're still not level 50. :eek:

I thought you hit that when I was piloting that Blackhawk for you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
There are a ton of maps in this game I don't like.

When is BF3 out?

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
There are a ton of maps in this game I don't like.

When is BF3 out?

I don't like you.

The only really bad one is Oasis due to LOL HELICOPTER FUCK. The others aren't too bad with the exception helicopters breaking the game.

Cal: Get a PC along with Faceless, man. ;___;

xclaw

I don't think there's any real bad maps... I only used to hate White Pass until they fixed that. Now I can't get enough of any of them.

TheSeks

xclaw said:
I don't think there's any real bad maps... I only used to hate White Pass until they fixed that. Now I can't get enough of any of them.

White Pass was fine before. Required massive team work and cordination to make sure they couldn't get past the first set. If they did, you deserved to lose.

Last Set B now is fucking annoying to get because there is very little cover to reach it. I understand the change to give defense the chance to win, but man... it from 10-100-100 attack to 10-50-30 attack.

PS3 Gaf: I love you guys <3 <3 <3
We weren't doing the usual rolling, but awesome conquest rounds anyway!

Thought my skills would drop a bit after not playing the game for 2-3 months, but no - still got it...ahhh...so good....vss....mmm.....motion sensors....tank mines...mmmmmm

See you guys in .....who knows when T_T

TheSeks said:
White Pass was fine before. Required massive team work and cordination to make sure they couldn't get past the first set. If they did, you deserved to lose.

Last Set B now is fucking annoying to get because there is very little cover to reach it. I understand the change to give defense the chance to win, but man... it from 10-100-100 attack to 10-50-30 attack.
you really give the middle set a 50?

it's more like 10-80-50

i actually sat down for the past two days watched all the gameplay videos i recorded of myself playing. it was pretty interesting to analyze my habits and play style and think about different ideas and approaches.

Dreamgazer said:
PS3 Gaf: I love you guys <3 <3 <3
We weren't doing the usual rolling, but awesome conquest rounds anyway!

Thought my skills would drop a bit after not playing the game for 2-3 months, but no - still got it...ahhh...so good....vss....mmm.....motion sensors....tank mines...mmmmmm

See you guys in .....who knows when T_T

Wait, what? Where are YOU going!?

Jas

The Faceless Master said:

it's more like 10-80-50

i actually sat down for the past two days watched all the gameplay videos i recorded of myself playing. it was pretty interesting to analyze my habits and play style and think about different ideas and approaches.

A can be a pain in the butt to get at that set tho. If the defending team doesn't pay any attention to B and takes down the building next to A that MCOM can get just as tough to get as B is on the last set.

fawaz

Banned
Nabs said:
It sold for $7 during the Christmas and recent EA sale on Steam. I bet it drops during the Summer sale coming up.

I hate PB so much. What errors are you getting and what things have you tried?

I don't know what the errors are
i have never played a ranked match. It kicks me out right when the map fully loads.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:

it's more like 10-80-50

It's only 80 if you have a team that sucks.

"DEFEND: A"

(Blow up cover on "hill"/near B, blow up cover on "pass", blow up cover on "back door"/nearly everything going to B but with exceptions of protecting teammates that are in certain buildings)

Get two people spamming mines while someone throws ammo and the others protect them/kill attackers. You can't take the second set easy anymore. It's still possible, but getting to A against a good team is nearly impossible.

fawaz said:
i have no idea how to do that. and the explanation at the link doesn't help.

PC GAMING! <3

There should be a Punkbuster update client application thingy in your start menu for BC2's target (unless bought off Steam), click that and then manually/automatically find updates.

Top Bottom