• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I miss you guys!!

Rockscar sigo aca! ;__;

blurrygil

The Faceless Master said:
animated gif version.

xfzwxl.jpg

Wait what? Did your 360 RR?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
While playing Bad Company 1 due to the PSN downtime in singleplayer, I've been going through the helicopter mission and thought of a few things:

DICE should have a helicopter level in BF3's singleplayer. However, they need to add in anti-air harassment AND air-to-air to help better train players. (But this means they need to balance shit in multiplayer to where "ace pilots" don't lopside the game like they do in all BF's so far)

Same could be said for jets.

Along with the ability to explore the maps and singleplayers offline/by myself or with others with no enemies shooting at us. There's time in Bad Company 1 where I just want to go into the out of bounds areas and explore. I know the engine probably can't do it on consoles with limited ram and the "huge" maps (that out of bounds start to have warped/barely there textures, etc.), but it would be nice to explore the maps and just destroy things and take photos/films of stuff (oh god how I wish theater a la Black Ops and Halo makes it in)

But yeah, a practice mode for vehicles and weapons would be nice. As would proper balance in the game. :/

Also I'm starting to think I'm getting affected by the Field of Vision issue some people have playing FPS games. I generally don't have a problem playing at the default BF on console/BC1, 2, 1943 FoV (90?) but coming back to it after playing third person games and not a BF for a few days/weeks is kinda jarring. Nothing that makes me sick, but I can't seem to adjust to it as easily as I did ages ago. :/

OH YEAH and better first person view vehicle options. Not having the ability to rear-view easy or see below me in person person for landing the helicopter is a bit crazy. I'm not sure if that's "realistic" for actual pilots but man it's kinda hard to see how low/close to the water i am if I'm going to suddenly pop-up and surprise someone.

Pete Rock

I do primarily agree on both counts, practice or some sort of "school" for tanks, choppers & jets would be ideal. I'm also interested in seeing how if at all that could translate over to a better implementation as to pilot priority, or at least whatever they can do to eliminate helipad camping. I understand it would make no sense to always give the chopper to the guy who (ab)uses it the most, but the alternative is usually worse.

I was also thinking about Squad DM and how I probably only played half a dozen games of it as it just seems ridiculous and boring to me in concept and execution. I don't play BF for 4v4 scrims with a light tank as power weapon. However, along the lines of the vehicle practice mode, what would you guys think of a Vehicle Squad DM playlist(s)? One for each type of major combat vehicle or one that just cycles between maps and vehicles, I dunno, but basically like the Air Combat mode from 1943.

Max player count, teams are divided into two players for gunner/pilot, then everyone gets a tank or a chopper and lays waste to each other. Dumb? Probably, but it sounds fun to me. With 24 people at current counts, 12 choppers flying around in a FFA would seem to have potential. More interesting to me than squad dm anyways.

I could see this setup being useful for players who wanted quick experiences with those situations without wading through a whole round on any given map where that type of vehicle spawns, and for people who wanted to do nothing but whore it up in them 24/7. You know the types, the ones who quit out of Oasis defense after you stop them midway on attack, then just search for a new fresh game on the same map. Argh, E3, hurry up!

Realistically though I'd rather just see these scenarios played out in well executed co-op experiences in the campaign, so it's more fun to play through those with your friends to get vehicle experience rather than fragmenting the online player base into weird little sub categories.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
OH YEAH and better first person view vehicle options. Not having the ability to rear-view easy or see below me in person person for landing the helicopter is a bit crazy. I'm not sure if that's "realistic" for actual pilots but man it's kinda hard to see how low/close to the water i am if I'm going to suddenly pop-up and surprise someone.

One of the most disappointing things about console FPS is that none of them support head tracking even though cameras and things like MOVE are more and more common. As an infantryman, looking around independently of your weapon is huge for immersion and general enjoyment.

But it is necessary for piloting! I cannot stand not having HT while piloting a chopper. It drives me nuts. Having to actually "aim" your nose to look around compromises effective piloting and pisses me off.

If not HT... then at least let us look around via some combination button+stick control or something.

Every FPS game developer should be looking to copy ARMA and Track IR functionality. It's too awesome to ignore.

Evolved1

Church RvB said:
I've come to the conclusion that the Huey is a piece of shit.

They huey is fucking awesome. it's just made of paper is all. :/

I would pay $60 to have a game where I just flew that thing around and blew shit up... land in hot zone here to drop dudes. Pick up wounded dude in a hot zone over there. Strafe the bad guys over there. Rinse and repeat for 12 hrs and they have my money.

recklessmind said:

I would pay $60 to have a game where I just flew that thing around and blew shit up... land in hot zone here to drop dudes. Pick up wounded dude in a hot zone over there. Strafe the bad guys over there. Rinse and repeat for 12 hrs and they have my money.
so, you want a 3d remake of Choplifter or Raid on Bungeling Bay?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
ochobit said:
We should bring the 'Español Armada' (name temporary) once servers go up!
It would be pretty rad:
-Olimpia
-Ochobit
-Rockscar
-Fersis

Evolved1

Yes. I'd buy that at a high price.

(that's pretty old school brother, I actually had to look one of those up.)

Though I'd want it to control just like the Huey in BC2. As an arcade flight model it feels really good... it's fun to fly. I'd also like to be able to look around the cockpit when in FPV.

blurrygil

I'd drop some cash on a new RoBB!!! Or a new Defender-HD Remix would be awesome.

I'm hoping to be on late tonight, 360-GAF. Prolly play some more Vanilla if anyone wants to squad-up.

ZZMitch

Just played for the first time with my new video card, some of the levels just blow my mind now and the framerate increase is great too.

Went 0-9 my first game back because I spent most of the game looking at the water and examining plants and stuff >.<

Finally managed to take down a helicopter with the AT4. Hell, I managed to pull it off twice lol. Felt good to get that monkey off my back

Almost close to M416 platinum too

Finally reached platinum for the Grach and the 9A-91

Today was a good day

I'll send a FR to that later

EDIT: M416 Platinumed! On to the AUG

CatPee

lazybones18 said:
Finally managed to take down a helicopter with the AT4. Hell, I managed to pull it off twice lol. Felt good to get that monkey off my back

Almost close to M416 platinum too

Finally reached platinum for the Grach and the 9A-91

Today was a good day

I'll send a FR to that later

EDIT: M416 Platinumed! On to the AUG

I LOVE the AUG <3. MMN AR + 4x + rapid single-shots = glorious victory.

desu

bfpoints9ul9.jpg

Well played for the first time in over 6 months and totally had forgotten that I tried getting 150k points in one round before I stopped (which means I have EVERY weapon played to one kill before a gold medal), guess I messed that up now.

Anyway, nothing has changed since I played the last time. Knife is still wonky and people are often enough way too stupid :s.

BFBC2/Vietnam STEAM SALE , ENDS 12-NOON ON MONDAY 9TH. GET THIS SHIT BROS. Especially if your PS3 gametime has been less than satisfactory lately.

Now's your chance to get in on the PC-GAF action! Join your brothers on the PC-GAF Mumble Server!

capsule_616x3535nkj.jpg

ss-2011-05-08_22.43.49tn5l.jpg

xclaw

I'm pretty sure the 7900 in my laptop would just melt but I think I'll buy it just to own and see at this point..... Having massive withdrawals right now as a ps3 gamer. :(

Jinaar

.... holy.... shit! I've been playing the 360 version since release and I just got the STEAM version today (which is playing on a i5-2500K/8GB RAM/Geforce GTX 560 Ti). This is like going from wanking off with your left hand to getting full on sex with the local lady of the night in your home town.

I should have never doubted the Master Race. PC gaming is just so damn good.

Sucks to start at level 1 again. I am at 45 on the 360. Have to unlock everything again.

recklessmind said:

Well, you can always do the copter missions in Saints Row 2! It's a close substitute...

xclaw

Just bought the steam version, really can't go wrong for 6.80$............ even if the old laptop can't run it at least I got it. Watch the PSN is up when I get home from work today... ah well.

Edit - Oh dear I get like 15fps at 1024x768 on this thing... hahaha... There's gotta be some tweaks out there. Otherwise I'll have to try scrounge up a power supply and get an 8800gt online, that's gotta perform at least somewhat better than this laptop's 7900.

thanks, psn.

I'm going to start playing MP later on next week. Are there any friendly GAF folks willing to bring in a newbie like me to join you guys? I'm on EST and on Steam via Commander_Ike

Reposting for the new page, for those of you who bought BFBC2 or Vietnam on PC recently from the Steam Sale:

Cuban Legend said:
Now's your chance to get in on the PC-GAF action! Join your brothers on the PC-GAF Mumble Server!

Just follow the instructions, and once you join drop by the Tea Time channel to get your username registered & say a quick hello! Then head off into the BFBC2 channel to play with any GAFers actively playing together in the afternoon or at night.

Finally got a Platinum on my 1st Recon based weapon....the Mortar!

Pretty sad that I still have not gotten a platinum star for any of the sniper rifles, but it just isn't my playstyle

lazybones18 said:
Finally got a Platinum on my 1st Recon based weapon....the Mortar!

Pretty sad that I still have not gotten a platinum star for any of the sniper rifles, but it just isn't my playstyle

so you run around with the all kit weapons on recon and a mortar strike? odd combo imo, i figure c4 would be the better option in close range

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
computers putin' said:
so you run around with the all kit weapons on recon and a mortar strike? odd combo imo, i figure c4 would be the better option in close range

Mortar lets you scout an area and take out cover for sniper recons before you storm an area.

I have yet to see a use for C4 in storming a place other than <D 2.0>'ing it quickly. Otherwise motion mines = stealth. Motion mines = let you know whos in there. Motion Mines. Motion Mines. Motion Mines. And the G3.

TheSeks said:
Mortar lets you scout an area and take out cover for sniper recons before you storm an area.

I have yet to see a use for C4 in storming a place other than <D 2.0>'ing it quickly. Otherwise motion mines = stealth. Motion mines = let you know whos in there. Motion Mines. Motion Mines. Motion Mines. And the G3.

well,with the C4 you can kinda fling them like grenades too, but if you're using the mortar that way it makes sense to take that instead I suppose. But if you're right, the golden rule to playing recon is to spam motion mines. little else matters as long as you're doing that

computers putin' said:

More along the lines of I rarely use the recon kit period. Only time I use a different weapon for recon other than a sniper rifle if the Thompson and I only do that for Vietnam

Jinaar

Cuban Legend said:
Just follow the instructions, and once you join drop by the Tea Time channel to get your username registered & say a quick hello! Then head off into the BFBC2 channel to play with any GAFers actively playing together in the afternoon or at night.

The BFBC2 channel host information to join GAF Servers? I'll give it a go tonight if I do not get BRINK. After 240hrs on the 360, close to 80hrs on the PS3 BETA back in the day, I am still floored on how fun this game is on the PC. Getting my shit together finally with KB/M, got a Best Evar Pin and then had an amazing game last night that netted me big points. Gotta level up to 20 as fast as humanly possible.

I am still not fast enough switching weapons or crouching.(Using the scroll wheel or hitting 1-4 keys hasn't been the smoothest transition for me) My left hand is becoming more tentacle then man now. The console controller experience so far is better suited then a Keyboard is, but the Keyboard will suffice when my hand evolves to become the mutant it needs to be to click on 12 keys at once with 4 fingers and 1 thumb.

r60MM.jpg

Fersis

Hey guys due the lolness of PSN ive been playing BF2 PC.
My soldier name is Fersis.

MISS YOU!
XOXO

olimpia84

Fersis said:
Hey guys due the lolness of PSN ive been playing BF2 PC.
My soldier name is Fersis.

MISS YOU!
XOXO

I played a bit of BC2 singleplayer yesterday...turned off after 20 minutes. I want my MP back =/

Nabs

Jinaar said:
The BFBC2 channel host information to join GAF Servers? I'll give it a go tonight if I do not get BRINK. After 240hrs on the 360, close to 80hrs on the PS3 BETA back in the day, I am still floored on how fun this game is on the PC. Getting my shit together finally with KB/M, got a Best Evar Pin and then had an amazing game last night that netted me big points. Gotta level up to 20 as fast as humanly possible.

I am still not fast enough switching weapons or crouching.(Using the scroll wheel or hitting 1-4 keys hasn't been the smoothest transition for me) My left hand is becoming more tentacle then man now. The console controller experience so far is better suited then a Keyboard is, but the Keyboard will suffice when my hand evolves to become the mutant it needs to be to click on 12 keys at once with 4 fingers and 1 thumb.

http://i.imgur.com/r60MM.jpg

No GAF servers, but if you find Cuban online just send him a message. He can probably pull a couple of us from whatever we're doing.

As for weapon switching, you can change the hotkey if it's a problem. I use the keys under wasd (xcvb or zxcv) instead of 1-4.

Posted yesterday by Zh1nto, DICE's Community Manager:

On 10th May we will be rolling out a Title Update for Xbox 360 users. This is to address a server side login issue we detected that affected some users when starting up Bad Company 2. This update will not affect any in game functionality but will also require an update to the servers. This server update will be applied during the normal scheduled outage. The TU will be required to play the game on the updated server instances.

This update only applies to the Xbox 360 platform.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5760345.page

looks like people with the Games on Demand version aren't getting the update.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is there a 360GAF tag for grouping up? Didn't notice one in the OP.

xclaw

Jinaar said:
.... holy.... shit! I've been playing the 360 version since release and I just got the STEAM version today (which is playing on a i5-2500K/8GB RAM/Geforce GTX 560 Ti). This is like going from wanking off with your left hand to getting full on sex with the local lady of the night in your home town.

I should have never doubted the Master Race. PC gaming is just so damn good.

Sucks to start at level 1 again. I am at 45 on the 360. Have to unlock everything again.

Ya.... wow. My pc setup is so ghetto and outdated but I managed to round up an 8800GT. So I'm playing it on low at 1680x1050 and it's.... so beautiful. Might see how it runs at medium today but ya.. I won't be quitting PS3 but this is a real treat. I'm absolutely terrible right now with this whole keyboard and mouse thing being away from pc gaming for so long but it'll come back quick I figure.

Fersis

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I'm going to add you on pc.
Does it even have a friend list? Im a total noob.

olimpia84 said:
I played a bit of BC2 singleplayer yesterday...turned off after 20 minutes. I want my MP back =/
I did the same:
Fersis : Man i need my BC2 fix, gonna rock the campaign.
<Plays two levels>
Fersis : This is not the BC2 i remember! Turns off PS3.

Sanjay

Fersis said:
Does it even have a friend list? Im a total noob.

Yes the best friend list system ever too, when you get your self to a total of 20 friends on your list, you get a special message.

Top Bottom