• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

I know this goes without saying, but connection really matters. I had been having issues with my internet provider for the last few months and finally complained about it today. I guess the connection was clogged or something since I was running a single cable through a whole bunch of splitters. Cable guy came over and gave the internet connection its own line, and I really see the difference while playing from before and after. Its nice to have bullets connect near instantly again, I dont wanna put down the game for good anymore.

Why is it that every time I have a good game online I fucking disconnect?! Pisses me off.
LLShC.gif

/vent

meppi

recklessmind said:
So on that attack... I took 3 crates (though you and fersis helped keep them from disarming) and that was all the crates we took. :/

Near the end, out of complete desperation... I fucking landed the blackhawk right on those three guys but didn't get the kills... which pissed me off. And I noticed you spawned into the chopper just as I was trying to roadkill them. So I was like... great, I just screwed over meppi. The thing is... I would have hung back and let the gunners do the work on those guys but none of our teammates would shoot the fucking guys on the turrets! The entire match they just raped us with the emplacement weapons.

I swear to god those guys never left the turrets the entire match! What losers we were playing with.

Yep basically.

The thing is, when you are arming or disarming a crate and I'm either sitting next to you or position myself on top of it, chances are I'm not trying to arm/disarm it as well.
I'm trying to take the attention off of you so they will shoot me first or am blocking the view to act as body armor while scouting for incoming enemies. ;)
I try to call an airstrike as well if I'm a wookie at the time.

You didn't screw me that time, don't worry.
I noticed just before spawning what you were trying to do and thought that you'd probably taken out at least one, or possibly two of those guys, so I bailed on the ground to finish the last one off.
But they were all still there and apparently had kevlar necks. :-/

Another thing, and this is mainly aimed at rock since he uses the tanks whenever possible.
When I'm driving a tank (not gunner) and I jump out for a seemingly random reason, you don't have to wait for me to return to the drivers seat.
Chances are that I realize your a better driver than me and want to give you the wheel.

If the tank gets damaged, I'll also be the first one to jump out an repair it since I tend to play as engineer most of the time in tank/heli heavy maps.
Unless you're surrounded my enemies at the time, then I'll try to clear the vicinity first.
I also jump out to quickly fire an extra RPG at a tank we're battling to give us an extra edge. Tend to wait till the moment he has fired as well.

I have no problem playing support roles. What matters to me is that the team wins.
But that's probably obvious when you look at my K/D and W/L ratios. ;)

Lord-Audie said:
I would like to start playing this no MP...

Looking for some teammates. :D

Playing with steam ver. and don't have vietnam.
whats your steam, I'm compiling a list of PC-BC2-GAF players to invite to play on Sat/Sun afternoons/evenings to meet up in mumble and play.

meppi, see, that's because classy people will only hop into the driver's seat when the other person says so or they see someone coming with explosives or a mortar is dropping.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hellcrow said:
Hey faceless, why did you systematically blow up every house on the second set of White Pass?

Rush or Conquest? Reason's vary on that map for the mode you're playing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
meppi said:
Yep basically.

The thing is, when you are arming or disarming a crate and I'm either sitting next to you or position myself on top of it, chances are I'm not trying to arm/disarm it as well.
I'm trying to take the attention off of you so they will shoot me first or am blocking the view to act as body armor while scouting for incoming enemies. ;)
I try to call an airstrike as well if I'm a wookie at the time.

You didn't screw me that time, don't worry.
I noticed just before spawning what you were trying to do and thought that you'd probably taken out at least one, or possibly two of those guys, so I bailed on the ground to finish the last one off.
But they were all still there and apparently had kevlar necks. :-/

Another thing, and this is mainly aimed at rock since he uses the tanks whenever possible.
When I'm driving a tank (not gunner) and I jump out for a seemingly random reason, you don't have to wait for me to return to the drivers seat.
Chances are that I realize your a better driver than me and want to give you the wheel.

If the tank gets damaged, I'll also be the first one to jump out an repair it since I tend to play as engineer most of the time in tank/heli heavy maps.
Unless you're surrounded my enemies at the time, then I'll try to clear the vicinity first.
I also jump out to quickly fire an extra RPG at a tank we're battling to give us an extra edge. Tend to wait till the moment he has fired as well.

I have no problem playing support roles. What matters to me is that the team wins.
But that's probably obvious when you look at my K/D and W/L ratios. ;)

*high five*

I love gaffers. And fellow smart-minded engineers.

meppi

Hehe, well it doesn't always work.
But we played a nice game of mindfuckery with that chopper whore on Oasis defense. ;)

You shooting tracers as well as manning the AA, while I went for the tracers as well but only got him once.
He used smoke, but my missile was already underway. :p

Couldn't trace him after that. But when he shot you out of the AA, I repaired it, jumped in and shot him down as he only needed one more volley. :)

After that I started sniping with the M95 just to screw with him.
He didn't know who to shoot at first in the barrage of armor piercing M95 bullets, AA fire and tracers.
Even had to retreat to repair his noob machine.

Really fun.

The offensive game after that. Not so much.
I've tried 4 different servers today and not a single one had a halfway decent team on them, at least not on the side I joined. So infuriating.
Even moreso when everyone starts gunning for us since we clearly were the only real thread. Our little tank sure took a beating. Surprised we kept it alive for so long.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
I don't have to leave for work then. And at around 10PM CET Mancunian11 will be able to join us as well when he gets home from work.
Our chances of putting together a good team certainly should improve. ;)

Evolved1

meppi said:
The offensive game after that. Not so much.
I've tried 4 different servers today and not a single one had a halfway decent team on them, at least not on the side I joined. So infuriating.
Even moreso when everyone starts gunning for us since we clearly were the only real thread. Our little tank sure took a beating. Surprised we kept it alive for so long.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
I don't have to leave for work then. And at around 10PM CET Mancunian11 will be able to join us as well when he gets home from work.
Our chances of putting together a good team certainly should improve. ;)

Yeah... the little abrams that could. haha.

Their entire team had us zeroed and I didn't have smoke. I have no fucking clue what the rest of our team was doing. I have a couple things to do tomorrow, but I'll try to get on. Hopefully we can have at least a full squad, so even if our team sucks we can carry them.

TheSeks

Hellcrow said:
Rush defender

Depending on how fast they took the crates and what they're doing (UAV cheese, C4 cheese), it's reasonable to blow all the cover coming up and the houses to make it extremely hard for them. A is outside, making sure they don't have houses to stay in (while systematically leaving cover so your team isn't COMPLETELY in the open) is useful to defend it. Holding A second set will make it EXTREMELY frustrating for the attackers if there is no cover and since they can't rocket spam A (without popping their heads up and getting shot) it stops them.

I'm probably the biggest dick to attackers on GAF on the PS3 side. Just ask anyone. I'll rush out there and die a few times to make sure I troll the enemy to the point of ragequits. :lol I know I shouldn't do it, but if you bastards start to rocket spam me, I'll go out of my way to make sure you don't do it again.

blurrygil

TheSeks said:
Depending on how fast they took the crates and what they're doing (UAV cheese, C4 cheese), it's reasonable to blow all the cover coming up and the houses to make it extremely hard for them. A is outside, making sure they don't have houses to stay in (while systematically leaving cover so your team isn't COMPLETELY in the open) is useful to defend it. Holding A second set will make it EXTREMELY frustrating for the attackers if there is no cover and since they can't rocket spam A (without popping their heads up and getting shot) it stops them.

I'm probably the biggest dick to attackers on GAF on the PS3 side. Just ask anyone. I'll rush out there and die a few times to make sure I troll the enemy to the point of ragequits. :lol I know I shouldn't do it, but if you bastards start to rocket spam me, I'll go out of my way to make sure you don't do it again.

This. But as a support player I rarely do it myself. I guess I'm just not familiar with the best locations to place C4 to wipe buildings.

Hellcrow

TheSeks said:

Ok, but faceless was destroying all the buildings behind the crates. I guess since A was taken, it was only a matter of time until B was going down, so he used the time to destroy cover for the next sets.

To bad they just flanked through the trees and stomped us.

Hellcrow said:
Hey faceless, why did you systematically blow up every house on the second set of White Pass?
it's easier for the smurfs to defend when they can see the enemy coming. if A falls, i'll destroy the buildings between the next set.

TheSeks

Hellcrow said:
Ok, but faceless was destroying all the buildings behind the crates. I guess since A was taken, it was only a matter of time until B was going down, so he used the time to destroy cover for the next sets.

Taking out the two story building and cover (if you can with the "OUT OF BOUNDS, TURN BACK..." bullshit) going to the farm is probably the best. Two story = no snipers up there. You have to worry about the trees (Which is why I mostly garden instead of taking out the buildings, myself) since they can sneak around there and get "behind" the base easy.

To bad they just flanked through the trees and stomped us.

... Which is what I just said. It's better to take the trees out and then worry about the buildings later because you can just throw RPG's at them until they crumble while it takes a while to "garden" the trees out to where they have no where to hide.

</me being a dick hints>

Cuban Legend said:
whats your steam, I'm compiling a list of PC-BC2-GAF players to invite to play on Sat/Sun afternoons/evenings to meet up in mumble and play.

I think that is God Audie....

I'm on the TF2 Gaf Group.

Dear PS3 GAF:

I joined a few of your games tonight using my anonymous psn account + one game with my regular psn account to conduct a little observational experiment.

The reason why I did this is because there was just something that really bothered me about the games we had this past weekend. In combination with the posts about poor games lately, I can't help but feel that something is wrong...

In general, this is all just a very amateur and probably biased observation, but I hope it will help out some of you:

1)I don't know if it's because of the more kill-happy community or because of the lack of of some "influential" players (ex: sek's play style is heavily influenced by faceless) - most members of PS3-gaf now appears to be more kill-happy than I remembered.

There is now a tendency to stay at pointless battle zones or flock toward spotted enemies that have way advantageous positions (covers, blind spots) - which just drains ticket counts like crazy. There has been instances tonight where I almost felt like I shouldn't be spotting/motion-mining simply because someone I know will run over to get themselves killed.

To put it more simply, PS3 gaf now appears to be easily distracted.

2) There appears to be a severe lack of a dedicated base defender. And I don't mean someone who arms the AA or go around laying mines. Everyone does that just fine - but honestly, there needs to be someone who either motion mines the crate or stare at it as much as possible.

this combines with #1 makes it really easy to take crates against gaf in certain scenarios.

3) Don't want to say this, but this has always been a thing that ps3-gaf does:
There are certain players who heavily influences the play style of others (ex: abu, faceless, occasionally crack, etc.) It is fine if you unconsciously copy those players - but when things ain't working, people really need to realize that and do something different.

4)nitpicking - in one scenario, we had 4 recon gaffers in our team. Why aren't I seeing motion sensors?

5) GAF appears to function best with a diverse group of playstyles (when everyone was still here too). And it is times like these that I miss a player like memorycure lol

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
(ex: sek's play style is heavily influenced by faceless)

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing to you. :lol I just copy Faceless since he's the only one of "PS3 GAF" that still/was playing Bad Company 1 when I went from 1943->BC1 to see what the fuss was about before being blown away before BC2 hit.

Granted, I could get out of the "comfort zone" and probably adapt since now a days (well, before the PS3 died) we were running rings around most people to where I just had a system.

TheSeks said:
I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing to you. :lol I just copy Faceless since he's the only one of "PS3 GAF" that still/was playing Bad Company 1 when I went from 1943->BC1 to see what the fuss was about before being blown away before BC2 hit.

Granted, I could get out of the "comfort zone" and probably adapt since now a days (well, before the PS3 died) we were running rings around most people to where I just had a system.

It's only a bad thing if my whole team was just you and faceless :p (oh wait I had one game like that...>.>)

Things are usually okay when we have 2+ strong personality players who can split the team (and I tend to find them to be more fun since there's a little internal competition). However, I'm usually really uncomfortable when there's just one dominantly strong player - since people have a tendency to rely, spawn and play to that person's style.

It's really evident now given how many regulars are absent in the play sessions.
(and I'm at fault of this too - playing more conservatively based on the action of a few key gaffers.)

The worst of course is when everyone follows that same player/one another in trance - a.k.a. "must take down chopper by all means" syndrome that occurs with pubs. Equally, it's also amazing how horribly bad teams can come out on top with the injection of just 1 or 2 players.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
It's only a bad thing if my whole team was just you and faceless :p (oh wait I had one game like that...>.>)

Hey now, don't knock. I helped Faceless get shit done, yo. :lol

Things are usually okay when we have 2+ strong personality players who can split the team (and I tend to find them to be more fun since there's a little internal competition). However, I'm usually really uncomfortable when there's just one dominantly strong player - since people have a tendency to rely, spawn and play to that person's style.

I don't think I'm a "strong personality" outside of being crazy enough to make people ragequit because I'll turn into an outright dick once you start to use cheese tactics against me now that those things have been nerfed. Faceless and I were outright MONSTERS when cheese was all the rage, he'd blow crates or I'd blow crates if he died and there was still C4 there.

Well, that and cursing people out that are new. Fucking new guys. >:|

It's really evident now given how many regulars are absent in the play sessions.
(and I'm at fault of this too - playing more conservatively based on the action of a few key gaffers.)

I can admit I'm at fault of that (auto-pilot) at times. I really want to have a somewhat positive KDR and generally I'm more a "support" role now a days as my disability makes me being the "action star" hard at times. I can pull it off (and I suppose do it competently), but relying on you guys' hearing is better for me as I just have to shoot anyone that's attempting to gun you in the back and heal you.

The worst of course is when everyone follows that same player/one another in trance - a.k.a. "must take down chopper by all means" syndrome that occurs with pubs. Equally, it's also amazing how horribly bad teams can come out on top with the injection of just 1 or 2 players.

I think everyone on GAF gets into the "take down the chopper by all means" syndrome because we can't really rely on non-GAF to attempt to take it down. I've stated it before, in the hands of a really good pilot the choppers unbalance the game to the point of lock-down. Which means GAF's run is pretty much over if they get the lockdown.

It's why I go out of my way to try to make sure I have a counter to choppers now a days. I'm not sure if you guys noticed me parking the second blackhawk no one took to rain death on second set B Ilsa Innocentes before my PS3 kicked the bucket, but that helped and it helped line up a shot for the
Hin-D lift off
. The problem is, no one was around for the "first set" island so the defenders had a sniper there that had an engineer spawn there and RPG the blackhawk, screwing me out of keeping the defense on lockdown and making the attackers have an easier/balanced infantry fighting game. :|

Evolved1

Dream... who are you playing with?

PS3GAF is still a very strong group... we generally dominate. Even shorthanded.

My anecdotal impressions differ from yours.

and of course my internet connection goes down during a great conquest run. trusty 'ol cellphone tethering time...

yeah GAF, throw more Motion Sensors. and AT Mines. oh, and if one crate is in s destructible building, guard the other crate.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:

I dunno, at times I have gone "what the hell are you guys doing?!" in games but I think that's more lack of communication options (SMH no text/team text chat) for me more than anything.

Yeah, 1-4 GAF players depending on who they are can help a team of randoms depending on if they're competent. I honestly don't see myself as a "strong personalty" or one of those team carriers, though I have done it on occasion much to my annoyance. Sup arming 4+ crates one game by myself and holding them off because Jon Q. Random can't be smart and spawn on the lone squad mate in enemy territory? SMH at those moments.

I think 12 GAF is utter madness though. Faceless, Dream, Evolve, Abu, Crack, JM, Toda, and Myself (forgetting a few others: Ejas, but Ejas is like after most of the active people kinda left/broke off to other things) were absolute monsters for other teams, even if there was a 3 man squad. Just a well oiled machine. >_>

yeah GAF, throw more Motion Sensors. and AT Mines. oh, and if one crate is in s destructible building, guard the other crate.

I'm honestly not in the habit of motion mine throwing, and it bites me in the ass. I'm generally Sniper Dick so my motion mines don't reach "usable" areas for me to bother with them at times. I do try to throw them if I'm moving up to "recon" an area to make sure someone isn't going to shoot me moving up to a new position, however. >_>

AT mines: I got in the habit of throwing them out at places at the start and new bases, but then it just became the start since EVERYONE was throwing mines everywhere. :/

And yeah, I try to "ATTACK/DEFEND" order people to the hardest (IMO) crates in the round/set if possible. But no one seems to take that too seriously and mark the others (like Dream doing it. :|) instead. :|

Evolved1

Stallion Free said:
Thank god PC generally limits the ability to do this.

So does BC2 on PS3... I mean... you have to have at least some people on your FL to join their games. Otherwise it's just hoping matchmaking will drop you into a gaf game.

So one cannot be truly anonymous.

TheSeks said:
I dunno, at times I have gone "what the hell are you guys doing?!" in games but I think that's more lack of communication options (SMH no text/team text chat) for me more than anything.

Yeah, 1-4 GAF players depending on who they are can help a team of randoms depending on if they're competent. I honestly don't see myself as a "strong personalty" or one of those team carriers, though I have done it on occasion much to my annoyance. Sup arming 4+ crates one game by myself and holding them off because Jon Q. Random can't be smart and spawn on the lone squad mate in enemy territory? SMH at those moments.

I think 12 GAF is utter madness though. Faceless, Dream, Evolve, Abu, Crack, JM, Toda, and Myself (forgetting a few others: Ejas, but Ejas is like after most of the active people kinda left/broke off to other things) were absolute monsters for other teams, even if there was a 3 man squad. Just a well oiled machine. >_>

I always found it odd that you and I never really clicked playing together in a squad. Fine on the same team, but for whatever reason just never really worked well in a squad together. It's weird.

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:

Pffft. You can do it just as you can on PSN. Create a new EA.com account, add someone from GAF to your list and join the game as an unmarked [GAF] person. Requires someone being in the know or not, but it's just as possible on PC.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
recklessmind said:
So does BC2 on PS3... I mean... you have to have at least some people on your FL to join their games. Otherwise it's just hoping matchmaking will drop you into a gaf game.

So one cannot be truly anonymous.
Still pretty creepy. I mean it's a game, I don't want someone watching me like I'm a lab rat.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
I always found it odd that you and I never really clicked playing together in a squad. Fine on the same team, but for whatever reason just never really worked well in a squad together. It's weird.

I think it's because you and I have a different playstyle. I play assault/support/fuck it *c4 everywhere* as needed. You seem to be assault most of the time and I'm generally hoofing it around bases and hotspots to try to stay alive for people to spawn to cause chaos. *shrug*

I've never had a problem with you, per say, though.

Stallion said:
Still pretty creepy. I mean it's a game, I don't want someone watching me like I'm a lab rat.

Meh, it's no big deal. Trying to help others out to where GAF continues to streamroll. Some people may/may not take the advice. *shrug*

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
I think it's because you and I have a different playstyle. I play assault/support as needed. You seem to be assault most of the time and I'm generally hoofing it around bases and hotspots to try to stay alive for people to spawn to cause chaos. *shrug*

I've never had a problem with you, per say, though.

Yeah I have no problem with you... you're good and I'm glad when you're playing... just seems like we were never on the same page. Despite thinking similarly about strategy and tactics on the boards. You post and usually I share the opinion on whatever topic (your recent comments about gaf focusing attention taking down good chopper pilots because smurfs can't, for example) but then it the game I was never comfortable in your squad anticipating what you where trying to do.

Stallion Free said:

recklessmind said:
Dream... who are you playing with?

lol not going to reveal my dirty little secret >.>, but yeah someone has me on their list but doesn't know it's me.

Yeah, it would be creepy if all I did was just stand on sniper hill and stared at evolved the whole time. (no.)

I had to play anonymously, otherwise I would be too inclined to turn on my mic and play my usual way.

recklessmind said:
PS3GAF is still a very strong group... we generally dominate. Even shorthanded.

1)
Evolved, I don't think that GAF is weak in any sense.
However, I do think that there is some form of deficiency here that can be easily exploited, which in some occasions are making us similar to other strong but one trick pony clans out there.

It's like this, imagine if faceless never had any influence on sek/someone else's playstyle, then most likely we wouldn't have as many people who would try to sneak around going out of bounds. If we never had good chopper pilots among us, then most of GAF would probably avoid choppers/never have someone to observe from (example sek teaching calion)

All I am saying is that with the absence of most of our regulars players at the moment, I (personally, imo) just feels that certain variety/ situational "smartness" is seemingly fading away - as the crowd seems to move or act in a simlar manner.

And in many ways, that is not anyone's fault. Since many of the old regulars now pop up at random times, people get too used to playing the game in one way, and the community is getting more and more fine-tuned/cheap.

2)
Particularly on defense, I think I have the right to say that my play style is usually different from most of the players out there. I prefer to sit in the back of the base and guard the crates like a hawk (hence the dreaded AAABBB cries.) - which usually means I'm all alone in large maps such as Harvest Day. Equally, that makes me much more critical ,and I guess singly aware, of situations where we lose crates or flags. As I have often expressed how much I hate those "dream take on 5 guys while everyone one is too far way" or "getting ace even though I'm not even on the front line" scenario (dream should never be allowed to get ace on a defense round.)

I really don't feel those scenarios should be happening in a balanced team, but it just seems to occur more and more as time goes by.

Again, this is all just me taking the game too seriously for the moment.

With that all aside,
I can never click with how Sek play either, however, I'm all the grateful that someone is doing something different on the field.

TheSeks said:
Meh, it's no big deal. Trying to help others out to where GAF continues to streamroll. Some people may/may not take the advice. *shrug*

I'm probably just bitter since I'm seeing less complete-dominance steamrolling lol.

LEGGZZZZ

Damn can someone on ps3 gaf add me to their friends list?

My username is: kill_zone09

I play every role when needed, and am mainly a support player, I needs some Gaf teammates!!

CatPee

Any PS3Gaffers wanna add me as well? I need to stop playing with randoms. I'm a multi-role player, but my strongest offensive role is heavy close-quarters Assault and blow-em-up Engineer for defensive.

PSN/stats: minhtfresh15

Dreamgazer said:
Dear PS3 GAF:

I joined a few of your games tonight using my anonymous psn account + one game with my regular psn account to conduct a little observational experiment.

The reason why I did this is because there was just something that really bothered me about the games we had this past weekend. In combination with the posts about poor games lately, I can't help but feel that something is wrong...

In general, this is all just a very amateur and probably biased observation, but I hope it will help out some of you:

1) most members of PS3-gaf now appears to be more kill-happy than I remembered.
2) There appears to be a severe lack of a dedicated base defender.
3) There are certain players who heavily influences the play style of others n- but when things ain't working, people really need to realize that and do something different.
4) nitpicking - in one scenario, we had 4 recon gaffers in our team. Why aren't I seeing motion sensors?
5) GAF appears to function best with a diverse group of playstyles (when everyone was still here too).

Someone like you would be nice to play with when BF3 rolls around, do the right thing...

...Invest in a Gaming PC now that you have the time to save $$$ before release, bro.

Do yourself a favor, check out the "I need a New PC!" 2011 Edition of SSD's for everyone! Official thread. Keep an eye on it around the time the BF3 beta hits, so you can see exactly what kind of performance you can expect from a modest sub-$1,000 build and the new builds PC-GAF will propose for playing BF3 smoothly.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
It's like this, imagine if faceless never had any influence on sek/someone else's playstyle, then most likely we wouldn't have as many people who would try to sneak around going out of bounds. If we never had good chopper pilots among us, then most of GAF would probably avoid choppers/never have someone to observe from (example sek teaching calion)

I'm mostly teaching Calion since he and I "click" at times. He's a damn excellent gunner to have around, but if he's in the pilot seat and we're under fire on the helicopter for instance as I'm getting in, I'd like him to be semi-comfortable enough to bug out and make sure that stolen/under fire chopper is able to be used if he/I is an engineer.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Calion is doing on the helicopters now. I'm not even that good with them. :lol

And in many ways, that is not anyone's fault. Since many of the old regulars now pop up at random times, people get too used to playing the game in one way, and the community is getting more and more fine-tuned/cheap.

Which is why you guys need to learn to play like a dick as I do at times. They start to UAV C4 and an ATV/4 wheeler is parked in our base? Someone is an engineer and someone is C4 Assault + Explosive Up?

Engineer: REPAIRREPAIRREPAIRREPAIRREPAIR
Assault: Lays some C4 on.

One of them hauls ass to the UAV station in out of bounds (at the start) or spawn base. BAM, instant UAV takedown and they can't use it for a good 10+ minutes (IIRC UAV's take a LOOOOONG while to respawn if ever?).

2)
Particularly on defense, I think I have the right to say that my play style is usually different from most of the players out there. I prefer to sit in the back of the base and guard the crates like a hawk (hence the dreaded AAABBB cries.)

I have to play "Team Seks: Base Police" at times. Like an Atacama Desert Conquest game back in June last year. The whole round was spent going around the initial spawn to make sure someone didn't steal our helicopter to double-helicopter-fuck us. >:|

Same on defense, I go around the base if possible/not under fire and generally am throwing out boxes as needed.

I can never click with how Sek play either, however, I'm all the grateful that someone is doing something different on the field.

You have to learn that I can't trust too many people to sit there for a few seconds, protect the area to where someone spawns. Me? I do the out-of-bounds antics of Faceless to give someone a chance to spawn and take a position/crate while I take a position to alert them of anyone coming in (and taking those people out if possible) now a days. Sure, I can take crates if I have someone keeping the enemy focused on them. Just not my job really anymore unless I'm getting downright annoyed at how someone arms and doesn't lay some C4 and climb onto a roof to where they can look down and C4 blow up someone(s) that are nearly done disarming, for instance.

Cuban said:
...Invest in a Gaming PC now that you have the time to save $$$ before release, bro.

Man, if only I got one of those jobs I was offered. *siiigh*

Which speaking of, I need to apply to a few more places later today. >_> Kinda busy this afternoon.

Sanjay

Cuban Legend said:
Someone like you would be nice to play with when BF3 rolls around, do the right thing...

Do yourself a favor, check out the "I need a New PC!" 2011 Edition of SSD's for everyone! Official thread. Keep an eye on it around the time the BF3 beta hits, so you can see exactly what kind of performance you can expect from a modest sub-$1,000 build and the new builds PC-GAF will propose for playing BF3 smoothly.

Lol, he will end up doing all that and then realizing that mother-fucker Sanjuro only ever plays one class, assault. Splinter going recon but plays it like an assault class, Nabs blowing every-building possible, Stallion sniping free from base whole game and Cuban well I have no idea, he's always dead.

Sanjay said:
Lol, he will end up doing all that and then realizing that mother-fucker Sanjuro only ever plays one class, assault. Splinter going recon but plays it like an assault class, Nabs blowing every-building possible, Stallion sniping free from base whole game and Cuban well I have no idea, he's always dead.
Sanjay, all I ever do is play to the teams' needs. I rake in more score under my name with team points that you could ever do with kills, even if you had the AH64 the whole game.

So what If i die a lot, with my heal/reviving skills on my medic class that rolls with both medic upgrades (LIKE A SACRIFICIAL-TEAMPLAY BOSS) I can keep a team's ticket count up when they need it the most and extend the time before the round ends for as long as possible. Same goes for my Engineer skills.

BFBC2 on PC isn't going to be about worrying who is doing what role on the team, as much as it is about who has the skill to outsmart the other team while playing any important roll that the round/game calls for. PC Players are just that much craftier in my experience... It gets to the point that to obtain victory, you're no longer playing the game, your playing the player.

Btw, Open invitation for all regions of PCBC2-GAF for some BFBC2 action this Saturday (Tomorrow) between 5pm EST - to midnight @ beyond.

Both BC2-Vietnam and Vanilla BC2 will be played.

-Conquest/Rush Mixed servers on our favorite maps
-Squad Deathmatch to mix it up a bit
-maybe a 1000-ticket round on a map of your choice

Nabs

Sanjay said:

iamsogoodnfix.gif

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
I like that he doesn't deny that he is dead most of the time.

The legendary Cuban isn't that good eh?

*preorder of PC version canceled*

Evolved1

Dream... I have to agree about people getting too far away from the crates on defense. It's pretty common. I try not to do it unless I'm in a tank and have a "no-fail" strategy that suits a particular map. But that's rare. Imo tanks are extremely effective babysitting crates. Normally that's how I use them. And winning the game (which is the entire point) comes down to taking/defending crates. So not straying too far is always the best strategy unless both crates are in <2.0> buildings.

I have to say though... in defense of gaffers who take a more "offensive" defense: people on Battlefield are huge pussies. They sit in their spawns sniping and never leave. This is extremely common, especially when gaf crew is bitch-slapping them round after round. I think it leads to us having to go to them. And that happens often enough it becomes routine. It's rare for a good squad to get behind us and take crates, and usually only happens after a lull. Like wussie recons suddenly having decent players join who immediately go on attack.

One thing I notice is how our group tightens up when it's really necessary... on key crates. Or when we're down to one. Trying to take the first set from us on White Pass is next to impossible. Same thing on the first set of Oasis.

Personally... my playstyle has always been flexibility and responding to the gameflow. Doing whatever it is that needs doing. Generally I'm strongest and contribute most as an engineer, but whatever we need in a particular match is what I try to do. I see this same flexibility in most gaffers.

I think what you're seeing in gaffers' playstyles lately is more a reflection on our sorry ass competition and less to do with a decline in gaf squad's battlefield awareness. Less "fog of war" and more "bored to fucking tears".... ZZZzzzZZZzzzzzzZzzz... "Wait they armed a crate!?" Fuck finally.

TheSeks said:
The legendary Cuban isn't that good eh?

*preorder of PC version canceled*
I never said I was legendary. It's a product of not playing for kills, I always play for the objective and molded my place in line with the team's needs.

This isn't CoD. I could give a rat's ass what my KDR is, take a look.

Spl1nter is legendary though. In my experience it seems as though he plays for kills. What else can an assault sniper do? ;)

That means a Legendary Cuban, not a legendary Battlefield player. At least I'm still a Battlefield player.

How come I never see you posting in the CoD:BO threads with half the enthusiasm you exhibit when playing games that paid to fund Activision's rape of PC gaming?

Edit:
At least I'm trying to get people to play PC games with the rest of us. Hell, some might think it to be unwise to even consider wooing Console gamers over to our 'PC Gaming Master Race'. I don't care where or what console gamers are from, I just want to play with dedicated players who can have a good time too.

Top Bottom