• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sanjay said:
Snipers play for K/D while assault snipers play to win.

I rate this post VSS/10!

Although, sometimes a good vanilla recon can be a great help... in BC1 this was my primary class... but I've since reformed, because there are so many selfish recon players who ruin it for everyone else.

Meteorain

Sanjay said:
Lol, he will end up doing all that and then realizing that mother-fucker Sanjuro only ever plays one class, assault. Splinter going recon but plays it like an assault class, Nabs blowing every-building possible, Stallion sniping free from base whole game and Cuban well I have no idea, he's always dead.

The funny part being that you spam those smoke grenades which do nothing most of the time. Nabs has just one mode; Gustav time.

Calion

TheSeks said:
I'm mostly teaching Calion since he and I "click" at times. He's a damn excellent gunner to have around, but if he's in the pilot seat and we're under fire on the helicopter for instance as I'm getting in, I'd like him to be semi-comfortable enough to bug out and make sure that stolen/under fire chopper is able to be used if he/I is an engineer.

Yeah, I feel we click pretty well. Whenever we're on a map that needs immediate gardening, Seks and I garden the entire set in 3-5 minutes tops. It's quite efficient. We both know where to position ourselves for better squad spawns, and we work well as a pilot/gunner combo. It's always a good chuckle to receive Seks' rage mail at randoms from time to time. XD

TheSeks said:
Speaking of which, I wonder how Calion is doing on the helicopters now. I'm not even that good with them. :lol

Eh, getting better I suppose. I'm not afraid to pilot now, it's just the more I pilot, the more I realize how bad randoms are at gunning.

Meteorain said:
The funny part being that you spam those smoke grenades which do nothing most of the time. Nabs has just one mode; Gustav time.
I've been known to successfully use the assault class in Rush solely to drop an ammo pack at my feet and litter smoke grenades in an open area where it would be otherwise impossible to run across to arm the crate while attacking.

Here's hoping that BF3 correctly credits the use of smoke grenades when their use helps the team. Maybe some 10 points every time a friendly walks through a smoke grenade cover... now that I think about it, that could be horribly abused by stat padders.

Meh, I don't care, stats in a game aren't worth anything in RL, let them pad their stats, I'd just like my useful smoke grenades to be rewarded in some tangible manner.

Cuban Legend said:
I've been known to successfully use the assault class in Rush solely to drop an ammo pack at my feet and litter smoke grenades in an open area where it would be otherwise impossible to run across to arm the crate while attacking.

Here's hoping that BF3 correctly credits the use of smoke grenades when their use helps the team. Maybe some 10 points every time a friendly walks through a smoke grenade cover... now that I think about it, that could be horribly abused by stat padders.

Meh, I don't care, stats in a game aren't worth anything in RL, let them pad their stats, I'd just like my useful smoke grenades to be rewarded in some tangible manner.
you should get points if the smoke removes a spot! but seriously, i use smoke when it'll help with winning, and i feel rewarded if the smoke lets us get in and win.

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
you should get points if the smoke removes a spot! but seriously, i use smoke when it'll help with winning, and i feel rewarded if the smoke lets us get in and win.

Yeah... I've been using it a lot lately on attack. Also fun to get kills with it. :)

Meteorain

Cuban Legend said:

I was referring to Sanjay and his useless smoke screens.

Meteorain said:
I was referring to Sanjay and his useless smoke screens.
I know. I was just noting that I've been known to make smoke screens useful.

Sanjay probably just needs to learn where to aim his is all.

Yasae

Banned
Okay I can't stand it.

Is this game supposed to run like complete and utter shit on dual core machines? I can't get it to a playable framerate anymore no matter how many settings I turn down. I mean the game looks good, but fuck, not that good. And it's fine in singleplayer, so the increased number of destructible environments in MP are probably a big factor.

Just any suggestions would help. This game is almost getting as bad as SR2 (unplayable.)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Calion82v said:
Yeah, I feel we click pretty well. Whenever we're on a map that needs immediate gardening, Seks and I garden the entire set in 3-5 minutes tops. It's quite efficient. We both know where to position ourselves for better squad spawns, and we work well as a pilot/gunner combo.

You're like the only other person at times to throw a second ammo box as assault to help me speed up the process. Crack and others don't and I'm sitting there like "PLEASE. D:"

That 5+ rocket game on Arica Rush is still fresh in my mind. That tops the Faceless, I_shoot_to_kill, and myself Arica Conquest holed up in a nearly destroyed building with a majority of the enemy team at the second house between B and A RU attack side moment for "...Oh boy..."

Eh, getting better I suppose. I'm not afraid to pilot now,

Can you land them safely and under fire now? If you can, you've leveled up a bit.

it's just the more I pilot, the more realize how bad randoms are at gunning.

You come to learn that in the tank firing as well. You can position them at a choke point and throw tank shells at the choke point and they'll be off in lala land or not hitting the UAV so you get out to get it and they jump in the pilot seat and get UAV killed. It's like "Gee... thanks. >:|"

Spl1nter

Cuban Legend said:
Spl1nter is legendary though. In my experience it seems as though he plays for kills. What else can an assault sniper do? ;)

WHAT!?!?! I help the team by getting kills, spamming motion mines and pushing the front. Not to mention the glory of being called a aimbotter/hacker.

TheSeks

Now now, boys. There's only one way for us to settle this....

*grabs repair tool, hops in a tank*

Me whoring the tank by myself to Ace pins, over and over and over.

Meteorain

Sanjay said:
Nothing but malicious lies trying to stain my smoke screens.

1. Every time I'm in your squad and watch you throw up the smoke screen. You don't use it to move into position in any way useful

2. Every time I see you use it and am on the opposing team, I kill you within a few seconds of you using it

What else conclusion can I come to!?

Yasae said:
Okay I can't stand it.

Is this game supposed to run like complete and utter shit on dual core machines? I can't get it to a playable framerate anymore no matter how many settings I turn down. I mean the game looks good, but fuck, not that good. And it's fine in singleplayer, so the increased number of destructible environments in MP are probably a big factor.

Just any suggestions would help. This game is almost getting as bad as SR2 (unplayable.)
Dual core isnt going to cut it for BFBC2.

My old Dual core Athlon X2 2.2GHz could barely stand servers with more than 16 people.

I upgraded my CPU to a Phenom X4 3.0GHz and my framerate stabilized and I can now play on 32 player servers fine.

CrankyJay

Banned
Anyone get an error trying to launch this from Steam saying there is no CD in the drive? I was playing fine just last night, and then a Windows update installed. And now I can't launch into a multiiplayer game anymore.

edit: also installed Creative wireless headset drivers and have since rebooted.

Sanjay

Nabs said:
It's so fun to see Cuban rage when Spl1nter is being Spl1nter.

New PC guys: Don't ignore Cuban's invite. We're not scary, I promise. If you do plan on playing this weekend (or in the future), download and setup this crap.

He picked a awful day to play. Champions league final night :(

Meteorain said:
1. Every time I'm in your squad and watch you throw up the smoke screen. You don't use it to move into position in any way useful

2. Every time I see you use it and am on the opposing team, I kill you within a few seconds of you using it

What else conclusion can I come to!?

That your a voyeur and I'm too sexy.

TheSeks

Goddamn, I can't play Quake 3 at all anymore. :(

OSP stats are like 14% accuracy for Machine Gun and Plasma and 16% for the shotgun. The only above 50% was the rocket launcher. :(

Granted, this is before "CoD4-ized" FPS happened, so it's a lot faster. I can't imagine how much I'll suck if I get the PC version of BF3 for a bit.

recklessmind said:

cs0KXs.jpg

:lol awesome

LEGGZZZZ

Amazing how once I finally get a Gaf-BFBC2 player on my friendlist, my ps3 dies. Blinking red light and it just keeps rebooting when I try to power it back up. Time for a slim I guess.

good games DreamGazer, Marvel Assassin, Evolved, Olimpia and a few more I cant remember at the moment tonite.

Dream, if you have headphones on, what are you using as a mic if not the wireless bluetooth?

I have a pair of cans I would like to use but my only mic is the wireless ps3 headset.

duracell017 said:
good games DreamGazer, Marvel Assassin, Evolved, Olimpia and a few more I cant remember at the moment tonite.

Dream, if you have headphones on, what are you using as a mic if not the wireless bluetooth?

I have a pair of cans I would like to use but my only mic is the wireless ps3 headset.

I use this in combination with my Sony CD-MDR780 (I wouldn't feel as bad abusing them) for gaming:
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/26/jabras-bt3030-bluetooth-headset-mimics-dog-tag/

Any non-ear pieced bluetooth headset would do though.
like what I have in my car: http://www.jabra.com/sites/mobile/na-us/products/pages/jabracruiser.aspx

Yasae

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
Dual core isnt going to cut it for BFBC2.

My old Dual core Athlon X2 2.2GHz could barely stand servers with more than 16 people.

I upgraded my CPU to a Phenom X4 3.0GHz and my framerate stabilized and I can now play on 32 player servers fine.
You'd think they could use Phys-X or something... That's what hammers the CPU so hard, and there's no way to reduce its impact. The fact they couldn't figure out a way around this without resorting to brute force is an indication of sloppy porting.

Yasae said:
You'd think they could use Phys-X or something... That's what hammers the CPU so hard, and there's no way to reduce its impact. The fact they couldn't figure out a way around this without resorting to brute force is an indication of sloppy porting.
The Sound engine the game uses is all run in software on the CPU and it's proprietary, as they couldn't figure out a way to get it to run in line with hardware soundcards before release. They explained this briefly in an old BFBC2 Blog. Rest assured that they have fixed that performance hole with BF3.

[One more reminder of the PC-BFBC2 GAF Meetup, bring your friends too!]
Open invitation for all regions of PCBC2-GAF for some BFBC2 action this Saturday (Today) between 5pm EST - to midnight @ beyond. <- Click to view your time zone match.

Both BC2-Vietnam and Vanilla BC2 will be played.

-Conquest/Rush Mixed servers on our favorite maps
-Squad Deathmatch to mix it up a bit
-maybe a 1000-ticket round on a map of your choice

Nabs said:
New PC guys: Don't ignore Cuban's invite. We're not scary, I promise.

If you do plan on playing this weekend (or in the future), download and setup mumble (takes 5 minutes).

PC-GAF uses Mumble to communicate using the GAF-Mumble Server, since VOIP in PC-BFBC2 is spotty.

Evolved1

NEOPARADIGM said:
cs0KXs.jpg

:lol awesome

Haha it was just a joke but is quickly beginning to grow on me... might stay. It's in beta mode.

Anyone possibly feeling like some Vietnam or Onslaught later today? I've been meaning to get some stuff accomplished in both... kinda in the mood for either.

olimpia84

Good games last night with danthaman, renderman, fersis and rock. Too bad I had to leave early but it was fun as hell dominating those level 50 chopper whores on Atacama (both rounds)

Good to see you in Lord-Audie. Everyone else is welcome!

WE ARE LIVE STARTING NOW![One more reminder of the PC-BFBC2 GAF Meetup, bring your friends too!]

Open invitation for all regions of PCBC2-GAF for some BFBC2 action this Saturday (Today) between 5pm EST - to midnight @ beyond. <- Click to view your time zone match.

Both BC2-Vietnam and Vanilla BC2 will be played.

-Conquest/Rush Mixed servers on our favorite maps
-Squad Deathmatch to mix it up a bit
-maybe a 1000-ticket round on a map of your choice

Nabs said:
New PC guys: Don't ignore Cuban's invite. We're not scary, I promise.

If you do plan on playing this weekend (or in the future), download and setup mumble (takes 5 minutes).

PC-GAF uses Mumble to communicate using the GAF-Mumble Server, since VOIP in PC-BFBC2 is spotty.

Evolved1

Thank you dantheman and killthee for your excellent play earlier and saving me from a potential meltdown.

Came close... the Vantage Point game was impossible. It was impossible for a team to play like that. Every once in a while you get into a game where it feels like you have to do everything. As if there is no task, no matter how basic or simple, that the entire smurf team can handle. It's in these situations, when it's obvious I (we) have to do everything to do anything, that my blood boils. We almost pulled it out despite what could only be described as smurf sabotage.

Anyway... Going back to vanilla and getting things turned around was a lot of fun. Arica was a highlight as usual. Love that map. Great gunning killthee... that was clutch and I believe won us the match.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:

Buy me a PC. ;____;

TheSeks said:
Buy me a PC. ;____;

Damn, we had some good rounds. We steamrolled for most of the rounds, stalled on the few against good teams. Had around 6-7, maybe 8 at some point, playing, everyone communicating, using cover, reviving.

I love how you can come back to this game after a while and it still feels brand new and dynamic. Great games today, I'm down for late night games, or tomorrow.

TheSeks

PC GPU's can die as well!?

*cancels PC BF3 pre-order*

(Oh wait, my pre-order is still on PS3. :D: )

Completely off topic but: Nabs, happen to know why GGPO won't accept my login but Supercade will? I've forwarded the ports/range of 6000-6009 and 7000 for GGPO but it won't let me past the login screen but Supercade lets me login and play with people. :| So my port forwarding can't be the issue, is GGPO being DDOS'ed still?!

Nabs

Did you update recently? If you go to the forums there is a sticky called "ggpo is back" with a link to the new build.

If you need anyone to play against, lemme know.

TheSeks said:
PC GPU's can die as well!?

*cancels PC BF3 pre-order*

(Oh wait, my pre-order is still on PS3. :D: )

Completely off topic but: Nabs, happen to know why GGPO won't accept my login but Supercade will? I've forwarded the ports/range of 6000-6009 and 7000 for GGPO but it won't let me past the login screen but Supercade lets me login and play with people. :| So my port forwarding can't be the issue, is GGPO being DDOS'ed still?!
luckily, only involves undoing two thumb screws, removing the side panel and swapping in a new one, without voiding any warranties of course haha

Top Bottom