• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can't help it. I gotta have my KDR be above 1.00 to feel good.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:

Well I have a positive KDR... I'm just saying as a BF stat it's kind of pointless.

Case in point... in BC1 my KDR was over 12.00 with a particular recon kit. In BC2 I'm around 1.5 or something. But I'm a better player in BC2, I think.

meppi

TheSeks said:

Well I gladly run with my negative K/D ratio if that lets me drop a chopper whore, jump on top of the flaming wreckage and teabag the hell out of his burning corpse. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
My KDR in BC1 is .90 due to the shitty hit detection/kill speed of BC1. "Oh, it took 5 bullets for this one and now a whole clip for this one!"

meppi

TheSeks said:
My KDR in BC1 is .90 due to the shitty hit detection/kill speed of BC1. "Oh, it took 5 bullets for this one and now a whole clip for this one!"

Well I get this in BC2 as well at times, but I think it might have something to do with joining friends in games when they are US based.
Not sure though.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:

I only had that super high KDR with one kit... M24 and I was >70% accuracy and >60% headshots. And on certain maps I camped objectives on defense/attack... benefiting from the lack of killcam. It was slightly cheesy, but I was always involved in and around objectives so nothing like most BC2 recons.

Otherwise as an assault or whatnot... was relatively average KDR. That point is that the stat doesn't mean much in these games.

i only care about my KDR after the game is over.

during the game, i'm all business and doing what it takes to win, but as soon as that stats screen is up and i see i'm 13/21 i'm upset.

Pete Rock

If .50 cals and tanks worked worth a shit you wouldn't see people cycle out of helicopter-centric situations with such alarming frequency. If you don't quit it's basically your fault for not having a good time. I don't even understand how this is a discussion at this point, even after the Dart/AT4/AA buffs that were sorely needed for the first six months of the game were still clearly not enough to counterbalance a great chopper team.

For example, I was playing solo a week ago and felt like chopper whoring, found a game on Oasis that had fortunately just started and began practicing my rocket strafing. My squadmates/gunners were just abysmal to the point of abject failure, and by the end of the game I had ~8K and 60+ kills with the goddamn thing and we still lost as attackers on the second town.

Why? They had six 50's on their team who did nothing but sit in the destroyed rubble around M-Com A peeking out through the cracks to defend it, trying to trace/gustav/tank me when the opportunity arose while staying in the best cover possible. Even with a gunner who was completely useless, they couldn't touch me, the AA's stayed down and their tanks all stayed down the entire round.

At the end of the game when we have 2 tickets left I quit to find a new match on the same map and do the same thing over again, and 5 of them sent me messages saying "look at that choppa noob we won, rah rah rah, me and my crew got no respect for you lololol" and all I could do was laugh and think was these fuckers struggled through those 60+ aerial rapes literally just to send me hatemail. Who is the pathetic one? I enjoyed my practice session, pounded the shit out of these kids and then I went to do the same thing three more times over, nobody fucking cares.

I met a guy from Spain who is ranked 30 in the world and this is all he does, he's one of the best pilots I've ever seen and on the rare chances I do get to gun for him on Oasis it's hard for me not to go 40+. Similarly, if I had been in that kind of a tandem situation and had a great gunner I was comfortable with these guys would have ragequit 20 tickets into that base, I fucking guarantee it. There would be nowhere for them to hide, it would keep spawning them on the rocks by the river behind the field to get 30mm'd over and over, end of story.

I've spawned into games with the best player on the 360 platform chopper raping the fuck out of my team on Port Valdez & Oasis, as soon as you push past them and make them lose the chopper they quit and go find another game. So the only way to win is to do the same, beat them to the punch and don't stay in shitty games with shitty teammates. There is no "buck up and use the tools at your disposal soldiers", I mean honestly how high are you people?

Also fuck you who ever teabags anyone in this game, flat out. I don't care if you did just gustav a chopper hitbox that was lagging behind it fifteen feet, this isn't Halo and it only serves to makes you look extra retarded in the killcam while you're bouncing around and doing the grenade-toss-threesixty-boogaloo, particularly as you get shot in the face by one of my teammates. If that is part of the experience for you in any way you should hang it up already. It is incredibly rare for me to see gold tags do this, probably one out of a couple dozen. There's a reason every other level 20 does it after killing their nemesis, they are a fucking Halo/COD transplant and this is the game they are playing during an extended ragequit session. Woopdie-doo-guy your gun works, it's a goddamn miracle, now go soft-shoe out into traffic and get hit by a fucking bus already.

Had an amazing Valparaiso Lighthouse spree last night, thanks to eight quid for keeping the ammo flowing! Three magazines were over 1K points apiece, stacked up during the reload animation, they were dropping like flies! M24 fo days

QLBPu.jpg

360_Cheerful%20Dub.png

Pete Rock said:
Also fuck you who ever teabags anyone in this game, flat out. I don't care if you did just gustav a chopper hitbox that was lagging behind it fifteen feet, this isn't Halo and it only serves to makes you look extra retarded in the killcam while you're bouncing around and doing the grenade-toss-threesixty-boogaloo, particularly as you get shot in the face by one of my teammates. If that is part of the experience for you in any way you should hang it up already. It is incredibly rare for me to see gold tags do this, probably one out of a couple dozen. There's a reason every other level 20 does it after killing their nemesis, they are a fucking Halo/COD transplant and this is the game they are playing during an extended ragequit session. Woopdie-doo-guy your gun works, it's a goddamn miracle, now go soft-shoe out into traffic and get hit by a fucking bus already.

360_Cheerful%20Dub.png
Fuck you right back buddy. I will teabag anyone and everyone who deserves it, which is anyone who gets killed in my general area. I have been doing it since level one and have continued to do it since I hit 50 months ago.

My tbags might just be working if they are getting into your head that much......

i still can't believe this one time on Oasis when i was annoying the attackers so much that when the UAV pilot finally killed me, he got off the UAV terminal and teabagged me.

Pete Rock said:
COD/Halo are that way, exit stage left. Thanks for playing!
Why would I want to play those shitty games though? They are a joke compared to Battlefield. Don't let my balls dropping in your face get in the way of a good time, it's just a teabag mang. Also, you might be surprised that a lot of those tbags, are in fact taco dips.

Evolved1 said:
Well I have a positive KDR... I'm just saying as a BF stat it's kind of pointless.

Case in point... in BC1 my KDR was over 12.00 with a particular recon kit. In BC2 I'm around 1.5 or something. But I'm a better player in BC2, I think.

well using K/D as a metric to judge player skill is somewhat pointless, but it does have some correlation with how good of a time you're having; I mean, who likes dying? Also, to touch on the point that Pete Rock brought up, even if you do successfully fend of a good pilot to defend the crates, can you really come away from that match feeling like you had a good time? I know for me, taking down a good pilot just turns the game into a chore, even if I can take him down with some consistency. so I just avoid maps with an attack chopper altogether unless I'm on a really good team.

Evolved1

Pete Rock's opinion is of no relevance to me... as I think he represents the absolute worst kind of Battlefield player.

It is not fun to get pounded by a circle strafer. Or to have negative KDR. It is however rewarding to win those games and watch the cunty pilots scurry away.

No motherfucker... we are not more pathetic than you. The thing you tell yourself to justify your garbage. And yes, we did just win. So yeah... go fuck off to another server. You can't win on this one.

edit: that was pretty harsh... but the guy has some fucking nerve coming into this thread, posting what he did, and basically saying we are "pathetic" for trying to win the game.

meppi

Evolved1 said:
edit: that was pretty harsh...

But justified though. At least that's how I feel.

Bragging about the fact how he goes from one Oasis attack game to the next just to chopper whore and whine about how people send him PMs for being worthless to his team while he in fact was just that.

On top of that doing a 40/4 pathetic sniper game and feeling it's worthwhile to post pictures about it? Wow, just wow.

Didn't want to reply the first time around, but heck.

People like that are better off staying as far away from this game and follow their own advice: slither over to COD and stay there.
Should feel right at home. Bah.

Ok so I guess I've never known about this but there's a Rock Glitch on Laguna Presa that the Snipers can get into-and can't be killed. They get up on top of that mountain that looks right down on the A Flag. Dice has to fix that shit-so fucking annoying.

meppi said:
But justified though. At least that's how I feel.

Bragging about the fact how he goes from one Oasis attack game to the next just to chopper whore and whine about how people send him PMs for being worthless to his team while he in fact was just that.

On top of that doing a 40/4 pathetic sniper game and feeling it's worthwhile to post pictures about it? Wow, just wow.

Didn't want to reply the first time around, but heck.

People like that are better off staying as far away from this game and follow their own advice: slither over to COD and stay there.
Should feel right at home. Bah.

yeah, he was a bit of a dick in that post. Saying people are pathetic for playing a match out in any circumstance is going too far

Getting on that mountain in Laguna Presa is nothing new, in fact I learned about it here when I was still a lurker. There is alot of places in the maps where you can kinda exploit the out of bound areas.

wait, you guys are hating on Pete Rock?

***throws more fuel on the fire***

computers putin' said:
well using K/D as a metric to judge player skill is somewhat pointless, but it does have some correlation with how good of a time you're having; I mean, who likes dying? Also, to touch on the point that Pete Rock brought up, even if you do successfully fend of a good pilot to defend the crates, can you really come away from that match feeling like you had a good time? I know for me, taking down a good pilot just turns the game into a chore, even if I can take him down with some consistency. so I just avoid maps with an attack chopper altogether unless I'm on a really good team.
sometimes my plan ends in dying. hell, i remember when you didn't get points when you were dead and i still would take out vehicles and crates with no regards to my own life or points.

MDavis360 said:
Ok so I guess I've never known about this but there's a Rock Glitch on Laguna Presa that the Snipers can get into-and can't be killed. They get up on top of that mountain that looks right down on the A Flag. Dice has to fix that shit-so fucking annoying.
bah, that's nothing, getting up on the hill above the US base is the hotness!

Pete Rock

I didn't think my points would be so blatantly misconstrued, but everybody loves to take things personally so I'm not particularly surprised.

I was talking about game balance and the overall logic in staying in situations where the best case end result is a pyrrhic victory against chopper gunners who jump between games like it's their job. I illustrate that by mentioning the top ranking player on the platform, a very high ranking player I met the other day and the fact that I felt like doing the same because I had nobody else in my squad/party at the time.

I was talking about the comedy of teabagging through a live killcam across physical distance where a corpse isn't even near you and it doesn't even make any legitimate sense, particularly when I've already killed you 5-10 times over and never bothered to "rub my nuts into you" once.

I was giving more props to quid for keeping my ammo stocked on the round on Valparaiso because he was doing such a great job as Assault it consistently surprised me to see him dropping bags at my feet when he died and I actually needed the rounds. We had seven people in my squad and in the party and eight quid joined through the GAF tag. Near as I could tell, I was one of three snipers and only for those two bases where the Lighthouse is a viable position. They couldn't even leave their spawn because I was pinning them down so hard and keeping my team covered, but that's ok because it turns into "a 40/4 pathetic sniper game" because you were there, right?

It's ok though, easier to have a kneejerk reaction and "shake your head" or whatever that means. I do appreciate that being communicated as well, saves me time sifting through a lot of awful posts in the future. The cats showing up to group rag are just icing on the cake.

The Faceless Master said:
wait, you guys are hating on Pete Rock?

***throws more fuel on the fire***
This is important to note, I troll kids all day with a KB/M adapter until I build a new rig for BF3, XIM3 is the hotness.

Evolved1

Holy shit... and the guy uses kb&m!? Wow lol. Too much.

you have to be shitting me said:
Ran it for a while last night in BC2 and it was legitimately hilarious "feeling" like I needed to do something with my left hand to zoom in or pull ironsights, I hadn't used the M1/M2 setup since playing CS 10 years ago and it definitely took me a while to acclimate. The level of control is undeniable though, and within about literally 90 seconds I had every button remapped to a key on the G13 or a side button on the mouse for that game profile.

To me it's more about the absolute level of deliberate control and precision over having to win or the novelty of playing with a stacked deck, I get incredibly frustrated when I know what needed to happen but I couldn't physically do it with the sticks. Regardless of tactics, just the raw aiming dexterity. Similarly, PC gaming in the living room has always been a problem for me and the reason I drifted towards consoles in the first place.

Talk about pathetic.

TheSeks said:
lol wut? Wasn't that fixed?
Guess not. Every time I died it switched to the enemy view/cam thing, and every time I saw the surreal and broken geometry of somebody underneath the level. I didn't see the boat but I could hear it, and it was moving at a good clip. Maybe they only fixed it on the PC version?

Its too bad too, because going for a helicopter gunner run over the enemy base with music blazing, explosions and fire everywhere, troops scattering and getting mowed down... Man, that was something to behold.

Evolved1

NullPointer said:
Guess not. Every time I died it switched to the enemy view/cam thing, and every time I saw the surreal and broken geometry of somebody underneath the level. I didn't see the boat but I could hear it, and it was moving at a good clip. Maybe they only fixed it on the PC version?

Its too bad too, because going for a helicopter gunner run over the enemy base with music blazing, explosions and fire everywhere, troops scattering and getting mowed down... Man, that was something to behold.

They fixed the PBR glitch on consoles... maybe someone found another exploit. I've been playing a little Vietnam and haven't encountered it yet. Don't let it throw you. Hopefully it was a fluke.

Pete Rock said:
I didn't think my points would be so blatantly misconstrued, but everybody loves to take things personally so I'm not particularly surprised.

I was talking about game balance and the overall logic in staying in situations where the best case end result is a pyrrhic victory against chopper gunners who jump between games like it's their job. I illustrate that by mentioning the top ranking player on the platform, a very high ranking player I met the other day and the fact that I felt like doing the same because I had nobody else in my squad/party at the time.

I knew what you meant, it was just a very abrasive post. I agree with the premise of some of what you're saying, but I don't see the logic of someone sticking to the end in a match full of chopper rape that bizarre. It's all about the competitive instinct that kicks in, you don't wanna quit giving the pilot a moral victory on top of the actual one, even if it means squat to no one else but you.

Pete Rock

computers putin' said:
It's all about the competitive instinct that kicks in, you don't wanna quit giving the pilot a moral victory on top of the actual one, even if it means squat to no one else but you.
That's the fundamental difference in perspective then I guess, because to me a game is just a game and it's designed to be exploited for fun and little else, there are no morals involved considering everybody always wants to do the same thing in the exact same way - win.

When you come into any round of an FPS game and analyze the situation, particularly BF, it can be painfully obvious what has happened and what needs to happen. The difference is this isn't an RTS and I am only one soldier and, unless I know from skill levels and observation or through friendly squads/parties that my team is capable, I will not go out of my way to "suffer" through any amount of chopper rape if that's what is occuring.

There is a big difference between that type of experience and a good game between high level players where contention of the sky is just as back and forth as the tank battles on the ground, and I wouldn't want the two to be confused.

I agree the post was abrasive but it's past a year post release and I got done reading this schizophrenic exchange about Chopper Whores 101:
Two be honest it's been awhile since i've faced a good pilot/gunner combo and it's usually because I just ignore them. Seriously, just take cover and hide somewhere within line-of-sight of a crate and your good.
lolol

"But they keep killing me!! I can't even take 5 steps!!!"

HIDE you dumbshit. Use smoke. Move from cover to cover. Where the hell are you trying to go anyway? far away from our base and our crates, right? Well good, I'm glad you're dead.
Comedy gold, but hey I guess I am the bad guy for being so "abrasive". Instead of calling out players for sending me hatemail and teabagging in stupid circumstances, I should have referred to people adequately striving to shoot down a chopper as dumbshits who don't know how to use smoke or cover, because they clearly aren't as awesome as meee

Pete Rock

Evolved1 said:
You use a kb&m on consoles...
Still hung up on that huh?

I hear there are guys who use $200+ "Tournament Edition" fight sticks engineered to overcome the myriad failures inherent to the 360 d-pad, and they are even manufactured and sold with new editions of the games themselves.

Burn the witches!

Evolved1

Pete Rock said:
Still hung up on that huh?

I hear there are guys who use $200+ "Tournament Edition" fight sticks engineered to overcome the myriad failures inherent to the 360 d-pad, and they are even manufactured and sold with new editions of the games themselves.

Burn the witches!

I wonder if it bothers you that your justification is based on a false equivalence...

No matter. I don't care... you don't play with PS3GAF. Have fun "trolling" the randoms or whatever other things you said you get your kicks from.

I wonder what you'll do on PC to give yourself the edge again... aimbot? Pete, are you the PBR glitcher? Does that make your dick hard? Cause NullPointer is just trying to enjoy the game.

Pete Rock

can't we all just get along?
The problem is they seem to have taken your post seriously. You bailed on the 360 misfit crew to play with these PS3 flunkies? Tsk tsk

one of my friends wants a XIM3 as well. he tries to play on 360, but just doesn't like the controller for shooters.
Well, clearly he can't do that without being a cheating noob who willingly construes a warped perspective of reality to even remotely enjoy himself, let alone bypassing the verbatim false equivalence that would most certainly drive him to suicide during a moment of accidental self reflection. Probably.

Evolved1

I don't speak for everyone and I'm shitting up the thread... so I will stop. But I really do not like this person.

Pete Rock said:
The problem is they seem to have taken your post seriously. You bailed on the 360 misfit crew to play with these PS3 flunkies? Tsk tsk

Well, clearly he can't do that without being a cheating noob who willingly construes a warped perspective of reality to even remotely enjoy himself, let alone bypassing the verbatim false equivalence that would most certainly drive him to suicide during a moment of accidental self reflection. Probably.
my 360 died and my PS3 started working again. there was no bailout!

Pete Rock said:
Come on, Dub, your chopper skills are no match for my cowardly tactics and you know it. Tortoise and the hare, Battlefield style. Beats writing a strongly worded letter to Dice.

What's up the 360GAF infighting? And over teabagging?
What's next? A spirited debate over the merits of quality revives?

In conclusion, Faceless, fix your 360!

barnone

I am getting crazy screen flickering/tearing on this game. Also on the original Witcher. I am using a GTS 250. I am forcing vsync and triple buffering through D3D. I've tried not using D3D, forcing vsync through NVIDIA control panel, and using the ingame vsync but none of them work.

Any tips?

Pete Rock

bean breath said:
Come on, Dub, your chopper skills are no match for my cowardly tactics and you know it. Tortoise and the hare, Battlefield style. Beats writing a strongly worded letter to Dice.
At the end of the day this is what it's really all about and I'm glad we've reached this point, even if we got there in a roundabout manner. It's not about playstyles or attitudes or someone being right or wrong or contentions between us as fans, because that's really not the problem. It's about the game being designed and balanced appropriately enough so there is no single facet that is significantly blown out of proportion in terms of effectiveness, such as the choppers are in BC2.

I take full blame for bringing up tea time, there is really no light at the end of that tunnel and I admittedly should have known better, although the ardent defenders of the practice always make me laugh so much I usually can't help it.

In conclusion, Faceless, fix your 360!
my 360 died and my PS3 started working again. there was no bailout!
I concur, my offer is still on the table if you want a replacement unit with a Jasper chipset, it's never had any problems and will be collecting dust until disposed of.

Pete Rock said:
I take full blame for bringing up tea time, there is really no light at the end of that tunnel and I admittedly should have known better, although the ardent defenders of the practice always make me laugh so much I usually can't help it.

It's all in good fun Pete. I got a good laugh out of it as well. We just need to play together, so you can get used to my teabagging ways.

I have just been so stuck on New Vegas lately and haven't played much battlefield with 360GAF lately. I need to fix that starting today.

CatPee

Woo hoo, good to have working internetz again. I'll be trying to join in on PS3Gaf congregations, though that'll probably be slightly hard to do since meppi was the only one who added me :(

In six days I say goodbye to BC2, since my gold ends and I don't plan to buy another year...and I don't plan either buy the game on PS3.

I only regret not being able to reach lvl 50....

BC1 knife was best EVAAAAAAAA

Since words can't describe how much I hate BC1 knife and number + number of bullets to kill someone, I made this:

wS0cu.jpg

Ocho

CatPee said:
Woo hoo, good to have working internetz again. I'll be trying to join in on PS3Gaf congregations, though that'll probably be slightly hard to do since meppi was the only one who added me :(

Oh man, there's a list on gdocs full of PSN usernames. Wish I had the url. We usually refer new guys to the list for them to add people. You know, that's how I did it. Proactive. :p

Meanwhile, here's my PSN: the8bitgeorge. Feel free to add me and hopefully we can get some games soon.

Pete Rock said:
At the end of the day this is what it's really all about and I'm glad we've reached this point, even if we got there in a roundabout manner. It's not about playstyles or attitudes or someone being right or wrong or contentions between us as fans, because that's really not the problem. It's about the game being designed and balanced appropriately enough so there is no single facet that is significantly blown out of proportion in terms of effectiveness, such as the choppers are in BC2.
regardless of game balance, going a whole game on attacker with 60+ kills on the chopper and not getting past a set of objectives... makes you look like an asshole in my book.

Battlefield is a team game, play it like one unless you want flak from the rest of us.

meppi

bean breath said:
What's next? A spirited debate over the merits of quality revives?
That already happened a while ago.

As I seem to recall, I won that one. :)

CatPee said:

Ah damn, I just left the game since it was getting a bit late, combined with everyone on the other side bailing after that steamroll...
But There were quite a few gaffers in there, so you could always check your list of people you've met and send a request or two?
Oh and I'm sure you can add Mancunian11.
He's my buddy but doesn't actually post on here. good player too. ;)

Top Bottom