• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

meppi said:
That already happened a while ago.

As I seem to recall, I won that one. :)
Nothing you say will ever convince me that running out in the open while all hell is breaking loose and reviving someone isn't one of the most fun aspects of this game.

The only thing more fun is if the revived player in question is in your party and was attempting to enjoy a frosty beverage while waiting to respawn, only to be rudely awaken into absolute chaos while they juggle their drink and controller, all the while cursing you through the mic!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ITT: EVERBODY IS GETTING RAPED MAD. But Pete is the biggest butthurt one of all.

Spl1nter said:
You must suck at aiming.

No, that image is accurate. I stated before "5 bullets to drop this one. Whole clip to down this one." I can aim, I can tell you that. The random bullet damage (which, IIRC, DICE admitted sucked) versus a one-hit-knife that is able to be counter-strike ran and slashed, is fucking stupid and annoying.

>>KDR talk<<
Faceless said:
>>Can't care about KDR until end of the round<<

Same, but I try to keep a 1:1 KDR.

Pete Rock said:
>>OMG HELICOPTER FUCKS SUCK AND YOU SHOULD BA--<<

I bail if it's like that and I'm the only one there. If I'm playing with 4-8+ GAF members, I'll stick around. Why? Because it's fucking hilarious to kick their ass, their team can't take our crates and then they all ragequit and shit their pants because we roll over them the next round even with my shitty flying or above average gunning for Abu/JM/Calion. End of line.

Faceless said:
>>Pete admits to getting a KB&M converter<<

:lol Person that sucks at gaming, confir--

Pete said:
>>B-B-BUT ARCADE STICKS ARE USED OVER CONTROLLERS AND THEY GIVE AN UNFA--<<

No. They don't. And if you really think joystick vs controller in a fighting game is similar to level playing field (IE: all KB&M/controller on console/PC) in a FPS is a legit argument, you're a moron and not able to be taken seriously.

But go ahead and add me to your ignore list. Because you and I know I'm right.

Also stop being butthurt about people teabagging you. Maybe instead of raging like a newbie, you kill them five times, teabagging them all the while and proceed to own them all across the map. Oh, what's that? You can't do that without a helicopter. Yeah, we know. Now shut the fuck up. SWAG.

Meppi said:
He's my buddy but doesn't actually post on here. good player too. ;)

You both hate me trolling the enemy into ragequits though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
bean breath said:
Holy crap, enable cross-platform multiplayer NOW!

So what... now you want to use kb&m?

You'd need it.

edit: btw... on a more serious note:

Man... I really messed up your avatar last time. I must have been drunk or something... wtf.

This one should be more centered.

zito2.gif

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:

You'd need it.

No, he wants to cry when Faceless is the only one to carry his team and Pete needs to use an "unfair advantage" along with helicopters to even stand a chance against people that are better with both a keyboard and mouse and controller.

I swear 360GAF is butthurt beyond belief at times.

Edit: And for the record, we all know which team Faceless prefers.

That's right. My team. Both you consoles suck.

Evolved1 said:

You'd need it.
I think the pain from your arthritic thumbs, due to Sony's asinine analog stick placement, is so severe that it's interfering with your thoughts.

Please seek medical attention asap.

Evolved1

bean breath said:
I think the pain from your arthritic thumbs, due to Sony's asinine analog stick placement, is so severe that it's interfering with your thoughts.

Haha... hey I tried to fix your avatar I messed up. Please rehost though... that one is Photobucket, which I think is banned now.

Pete Rock

Cuban Legend said:
regardless of game balance, going a whole game on attacker with 60+ kills on the chopper and not getting past a set of objectives... makes you look like an asshole in my book.
Thankfully I was posting that anecdote in support of a larger point, I certainly wasn't concerned with endearing myself in any fashion, so "regardless" is a bit of a leap although I understand it's easy to take a hop skip and a jump to hate on some good old fashioned power weapon whoring.

Battlefield is a team game, play it like one unless you want flak from the rest of us.
Right, so instead of whoring up the chopper and keeping them stuck in their shattered base with constantly destroyed tanks, what should I have done? It's a double edged sword, functionally there was literally no other way I could have been a better help to those 8 random guys I was playing with. If I wasn't going to be in that chopper I was going to quit, end of story. You say that makes me a bad guy, I say it's an objective perspective after playing the game for 300 hours and assessing the cards you've been dealt in any given situation.

The remaining team couldn't have helped themselves, whether I was there or not was irrelevant. At best I kept them from getting spawn raped by the Havoc, they were that careless with the tools available. Instead of taking the tanks up from our spawn and doing work themselves, the three guys in my squad would take turns spawning in the gunner seat, failing with three or four volleys of fire, then jumping out and parachuting in attempt to arm against six hidden infantry which resulted in them being mauled by small arms fire before even hitting the ground. Clearly even with the most OP weapon in the game there was no rising from the depths of that tactical genius.

Do you propose the logical route would have been to take a tank by myself, drive it all the way across the desert underneath their Havoc, through their front door, arm the crates, get back in and bash them with it, all while keeping it repaired under duress at any given moment during my travels from base to base? I not only find this unlikely but laughable.

Again, this is an iteration of my larger point earlier about the overall flow of each game. The most attack sniper kills I ever had in a single match we didn't get past the second beach set on Isla because the rest of my team decided to check the scoreboard and emulate my tactics instead of doing their job. They literally changed class and filled up the island doing nothing, just like fools wait on the helipad even when the chopper is already in the air, it's the same ridiculous nonsense everybody hates and it grinds everything to a halt for your team.

There's a reason ever since the original TF server mods have loved class restriction options, it was always nice to know your game wasn't going to devolve into a shitstorm of nonsense when the LPB sniper showed up and started handing people their asses from the battlements, and things haven't really changed with any contemporary class based FPS such as this, the problems are still there.

All of this is endemic to (im)balance and it doesn't have anything to do with anyone being an "asshole", and it's the same reason folks from both end of the spectrum quit and look for new servers constantly. For what it's worth I quit out of nearly all games due to similar teamwork bottlenecks, regardless of chopper presence.

Although don't let any of this interrupt the hate fest, we've got to let things run their course naturally and I can certainly agree that I wouldn't like me if I met me either, bit of a jerk after all.
Darkshier said:
I have just been so stuck on New Vegas lately and haven't played much battlefield with 360GAF lately. I need to fix that starting today.
Yessir not enough BC2 love whenever I look for games to join or invites to send, 360GAF is slackin'

TheSeks

bean breath said:

If that's the best insult you can come up with, I feel sorry for 360GAF. BTW:
U MAD? UR MAD.

Evolved1 said:
Haha... hey I tried to fix your avatar I messed up. Please rehost though... that one is Photobucket, which I think is banned now.
Is it? I thought all avatars were hosted on gaf servers now?

TheSeks said:
No, he wants to cry when Faceless is the only one to carry his team and Pete needs to use an "unfair advantage" along with helicopters to even stand a chance against people that are better with both a keyboard and mouse and controller.

The only thing Faceless is carrying is his jaw, which falls to the floor every time he witnesses my sexy cameos.

But of course we need Faceless, special controllers, and Pete in the chopper when we face up against PS3GAF.

How else are we suppose to compete with all your intangibles: like your undying commitment to teamwork, self-discipline, respect, quality revives and unwavering triumph of the human spirit?

I didn't miss anything did I? That's essentially PS3GAF in a nutshell, right?

Evolved1

bean breath said:
Is it? I thought all avatars were hosted on gaf servers now?

I mean the new one I just put up... but yes, I guess that would automatically be rehosted when you uploaded it. I forgot.

bean breath said:
How else are we suppose to compete with all your intangibles: like your undying commitment to teamwork, self-discipline, respect, quality revives and unwavering triumph of the human spirit?

I didn't miss anything did I? That's essentially PS3GAF in a nutshell, right?

Well... shucks... we are quite well known.

TheSeks

This bleeting of sheep reminds of herding cats, all three of you don't know where to shit except in this thread.

All three of you suck. dealwithit.gif You want to know which platform wins in this three part pissing war?

None of them do. The only thing that matters is teamwork and if you let things like teabagging get to you and sucking with a controller to where you need a keyboard and mouse to hide your suck, you fail. End of discussion.

Evolved1

Seks is spitting venom now I don't even know where it's aimed at...

...think I got some on me.

Pete Rock said:
Right, so instead of whoring up the chopper and keeping them stuck in their shattered base with constantly destroyed tanks, what should I have done? It's a double edged sword, functionally there was literally no other way I could have been a better help to those 8 random guys I was playing with. If I wasn't going to be in that chopper I was going to quit, end of story. You say that makes me a bad guy, I say it's an objective perspective after playing the game for 300 hours and assessing the cards you've been dealt in any given situation.
Let me stop you right there, you said you were raping in a Chopper, constantly destroying their tanks?

The smart approach would have been to pick up a gunner in one of your romps back to base to repair, have him jump out after you've cleaned out their tanks and cover him at least until he arms. You could leave him to die for all I care, at least that way you're playing the objective with the least possible effort on your part.

Your "objective perspective" isn't conducive to teamwork and 'playing the objective', so It's laughable at best.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
The smart approach would have been to pick up a gunner in one of your romps back to base to repair, have him jump out after you've cleaned out their tanks and cover him at least until he arms. You could leave him to die for all I care, at least that way you're playing the objective with the least possible effort on your part.

>He thinks John Q. Random on consoles is going to jump out of our helicopter to arm the crates!
>laughinggirls.jpg

Have you ever played with someone that just WON'T get out of a vehicle even if their an engineer to repair it to help your non-engineer ass out, and then steals the pilot seat to take it four treads up the road to die from an RPG as you grabbed a killed engineers kit before on PC, Cuban? Yeah, trusting public people like that in public games on consoles is that all the time. So annoying. :|

I play on PC and I have yet to come across that kind of obnoxious player.

Sure we've got aimbotters, wallhackers, teamkillers/griefers, etc... encounters with non-hacking asshat behavior nowhere near as rampant as you seem to describe it on PC.

bean breath said:
Come on, Dub, your chopper skills are no match for my cowardly tactics and you know it. Tortoise and the hare, Battlefield style. Beats writing a strongly worded letter to Dice.

What's up the 360GAF infighting? And over teabagging?
What's next? A spirited debate over the merits of quality revives?

In conclusion, Faceless, fix your 360!
anytime you get points it's quality.

Pete Rock said:
At the end of the day this is what it's really all about and I'm glad we've reached this point, even if we got there in a roundabout manner. It's not about playstyles or attitudes or someone being right or wrong or contentions between us as fans, because that's really not the problem. It's about the game being designed and balanced appropriately enough so there is no single facet that is significantly blown out of proportion in terms of effectiveness, such as the choppers are in BC2.

I take full blame for bringing up tea time, there is really no light at the end of that tunnel and I admittedly should have known better, although the ardent defenders of the practice always make me laugh so much I usually can't help it.

I concur, my offer is still on the table if you want a replacement unit with a Jasper chipset, it's never had any problems and will be collecting dust until disposed of.
i might have to take you up on that offer.

Relaxed Muscle said:
In six days I say goodbye to BC2, since my gold ends and I don't plan to buy another year...and I don't plan either buy the game on PS3.

I only regret not being able to reach lvl 50....

Since words can't describe how much I hate BC1 knife and number + number of bullets to kill someone, I made this:

http://i.imgur.com/wS0cu.jpg
hey now, i was only commenting on the knife, not the bullet damage! the knife was fine!

Spl1nter said:
You must suck at aiming.
c'mon now... you KNOW in BC1, someone could literally walk the full length of one of those barracks and knife you while eating bullets the whole time, especially if you get mostly body shots.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:

Sure we've got aimbotters, wallhackers, teamkillers/griefers, etc... encounters with non-hacking asshat behavior nowhere near as rampant as you seem to describe it on PC.

I have gotten so paranoid that unless a teammate out right is GODLY, I stay on the ground and arm the crates by myself now a days. It's so fucking infuriating to purposely get on a full four person squad of randoms, sneak around the back of the base in Oasis and NONE OF THEM WILL SPAWN ON YOU, despite you sitting in a bush for three minutes as an assault to let one of them come up to cause chaos for you to slip in unnoticed. :|

I'd rather take aimbotters over that.

Faceless said:
c'mon now... you KNOW in BC1, someone could literally walk the full length of one of those barracks and knife you while eating bullets the whole time, especially if you go for body shots.

Seriously, that image is accurate. Aiming skill or not, it's so damn annoying to pump a close-range shotgun shell into someone that would normally kill them, only brings them to 10HP and then KNIFE. Insta-death.

SMH for the damage modeling in BC1. That along with the tool selection config is annoying.

CatPee

Oh dear god. A split second power outage tricked my PS3 into thinking it got the YLOD and made it triple-beep while having the blinking red light. I was freaked out for a bit -_-.

meppi said:
Ah damn, I just left the game since it was getting a bit late, combined with everyone on the other side bailing after that steamroll...
But There were quite a few gaffers in there, so you could always check your list of people you've met and send a request or two?
Oh and I'm sure you can add Mancunian11.
He's my buddy but doesn't actually post on here. good player too. ;)

It sucked playing as a squadless :(.

Evolved1

CatPee said:
It sucked playing as a squadless :(.

You can add me (PSN same as GAF UN) but I won't be on for most of the summer.

A lot of people list their PSN usernames in their profiles... so if there are particular gaffers who post in the thread that seem like they'd be fun to squad up with, check their profile for their PSN. Then just send a FR saying who you are from GAF and that it's about BC2.

bean breath said:
Nothing you say will ever convince me that running out in the open while all hell is breaking loose and reviving someone isn't one of the most fun aspects of this game.

The only thing more fun is if the revived player in question is in your party and was attempting to enjoy a frosty beverage while waiting to respawn, only to be rudely awaken into absolute chaos while they juggle their drink and controller, all the while cursing you through the mic!
oh man, who was was the gunner in my tank that game a couple of days ago when the engineer got killed and there was a medic hiding behind a burnt out tank and i was like "bet he revives him" and lo and behold, he did, despite our tank just waiting right there for him? but he got the points! QUALITY!

bean breath said:
Holy crap, enable cross-platform multiplayer NOW!
if it's GAF vs GAF, assuming all the best people on both sides are playing, 360 would lose.

TheSeks said:

i prefer Xbox 360, that's where most of my non-GAF friends play. plus, triggers to shoot.

DICE WTF? CONTROLLER CONFIG!!! STICKDRIVE!!!

TheSeks said:
This bleeting of sheep reminds of herding cats, all three of you don't know where to shit except in this thread.

All three of you suck. dealwithit.gif You want to know which platform wins in this three part pissing war?

None of them do. The only thing that matters is teamwork and if you let things like teabagging get to you and sucking with a controller to where you need a keyboard and mouse to hide your suck, you fail. End of discussion.
one of my RL friends sucks with a controller, and he's gonna get a XIM3!

he just thinks shooters should be played with a keyboard and mouse.

Yasae

Banned
TheSeks said:
Someone didn't equip V SMOKE. That's why it's "100% invincible" most of the time, because most pilots will equip smoke to get the tracer off them. Which is very infuriating for you on the ground, I'm sure.
It can get really annoying. If you have absolutely no other option but to trace, you're screwed. Why would the game even allow a dart on a chopper if they can just swat it off with impunity? There's no limit to the smoke and its cooldown is all of two seconds. It just... It doesn't make any logical sense. There should be some drawbacks to that perk - and not having other perks over being invincible on certain maps is not a drawback.

But yeah, I finally saw someone spamming this yesterday. God, if you're already stretched thin with a mediocre team, this is the nail in the coffin.

The Faceless Master said:
if it's GAF vs GAF, assuming all the best people on both sides are playing, 360 would lose.
My bad, I was referring to squad deathmatch. I assumed that was clear- wait...

Have you guys been talking rush this whole time?

;)

TheSeks

one of my RL friends sucks with a controller, and he's gonna get a XIM3!

he just thinks shooters should be played with a keyboard and mouse.

Then he should invest in a PC and play with the standard Keyboard and Mouse there. TBH, if you can't adjust between the two, you honestly and truly suck.
Says the person that hasn't played a PC FPS in years and probably will be very rusty if he gets a job for BF3 in time.

And as for preference, you know I'm better than your real-life friends. ;) ;) :p

Spl1nter

if it's GAF vs GAF, assuming all the best people on both sides are playing, 360 and PS3 would lose.

Fixed

Lol it would not even be funny. Console players would be so easy to snipe.

Yasae said:
It can get really annoying. If you have absolutely no other option but to trace, you're screwed. Why would the game even allow a dart on a chopper if they can just swat it off with impunity? There's no limit to the smoke and its cooldown is all of two seconds. It just... It doesn't make any logical sense. There should be some drawbacks to that perk - and not having other perks over being invincible on certain maps is not a drawback.

But yeah, I finally saw someone spamming this yesterday. God, if you're already stretched thin with a mediocre team, this is the nail in the coffin.
If the gunner has the armor spec equipped it stacks with the pilot's perk, right? I was going to say if he has smoke that means he doesn't have armor but in that case it can be really tough.

Cuban Legend said:
Let me stop you right there, you said you were raping in a Chopper, constantly destroying their tanks?

Your "objective perspective" isn't conducive to teamwork and 'playing the objective', so It's laughable at best.
"bail out and arm"
'nah, why don't YOU ARM'
"i'm flying"
'and? i don't wanna get killed'
"you wanna win, right"
'well yeahm but my KD is more important'

Cuban Legend said:

on console, on Valparaiso 1st base, some attacking teams (clans) will flood the base with attackers and have a chopper behind the base spawn raping because if you're all over the base the defenders only spawn in a few spots on the beach.

conquest. laguna alta. even half decent teams can spawn rape on that map. and it happens all the time!

Spl1nter said:
Fixed

sorry, but Akuma is banned in ST.

TheSeks

Spl1nter said:
Fixed

Sorry, but no one was talking about Glorious PC Peasants in here. Go cut my wheat. *cracks whip*

bean breath said:
My bad, I was referring to squad deathmatch. I assumed that was clear- wait...

Have you guys been talking rush this whole time?

;)
well, in Squad DM, i dunno... it would be close! depends on who gets the tank!

TheSeks said:
Then he should invest in a PC and play with the standard Keyboard and Mouse there. TBH, if you can't adjust between the two, you honestly and truly suck.
Says the person that hasn't played a PC FPS in years and probably will be very rusty if he gets a job for BF3 in time.

And as for preference, you know I'm better than your real-life friends. ;) ;) :p
and i can break out my Microsoft Habu gaming mouse!

bean breath said:
If the gunner has the armor spec equipped it stacks with the pilot's perk, right? I was going to say if he has smoke that means he doesn't have armor but in that case it can be really tough.
yeah, armor works if anyone in the vehicle has it on.

Blasphemy. I got $100 on 360 GAF. Now I just need someone to match and some cross platform play. Hell we already have the party chat advantage.

I almost took this to heart, but then I remembered I've never played with any of you :)

I'm curious though, who do you guys think is the best battlefield player in here, other than yourself; and guys, be honest!

computers putin' said:
I almost took this to heart, but then I remembered I've never played with any of you :)

I'm curious though, who do you guys think is the best battlefield player in here, other than yourself; and guys, be honest!
TheSeks

meppi

Tunavi said:
lol just played with a griefer who went -1880 and destroyed all our charges... :\
Next time try to shoot the C4 as he's planting them.

With a bit of luck he won't have time to throw all of them on there and you'll kill him.

If you can do it enough times, he'll probably leave.

Yasae

Banned
computers putin' said:

Whoever's the biggest egotist.

Spl1nter said:
Fixed

The sad thing is that console players would win easily on any map with attack choppers as they circle-strafed your arse into oblivion. I take some comfort in the fact that DICE decided to nerf the hell out of choppers in Vietnam: presumably then they understand that they screwed up the balance in vanilla. With a bit of luck they take those lessons into BF3... although knowing DICE they'll just go on to make the jets invincible and OP.

Spl1nter

endlessflood said:
The sad thing is that console players would win easily on any map with attack choppers as they circle-strafed your arse into oblivion. I take some comfort in the fact that DICE decided to nerf the hell out of choppers in Vietnam: presumably then they understand that they screwed up the balance in vanilla. With a bit of luck they take those lessons into BF3... although knowing DICE they'll just go on to make the jets invincible and OP.

Highly unlikely. AT4 Just knocks everything out of the sky.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I lol at the person who told me a couple threads ago that there was nothing wrong with the CG.

Also, that Magnum pistol is easy mode for sure.

Stallion Free said:
I lol at the person who told me a couple threads ago that there was nothing wrong with the CG.

Also, that Magnum pistol is easy mode for sure.
When I get bored i hop onto a squad death server and just pummel them with the cg, soo funny cause they always get pissed at me haha

Jas

PS3GAF needs to stop scaring away people! I want to play! :p

Twice I joined GAF games tonight and within a couple of games the servers cleared :(

endlessflood said:
PC Choppers have a more realistic physics attribute than the endless circle strafing console choppers. You try to circle strafe at a console angle you will 100% slam that chopper into the ground.

olimpia84

computers putin' said:

As far as the PS3 crowd goes, it has to be abuC although he's not playing BC2 anymore as far as I'm concerned. No matter what game mode he played, he got the Ace pin 85% of the time. Crakatak is one of the best too, although he's a Rush only player and lacks a bit when playing Conquest (haven't seen him lately as well). NoStyle and faceless are probably the best in conquest.

Calion

Well, ladies and gentleman I did it. 297 hours, 33 minutes, 22,711 kills, and 17 weapon platinums later, I did it. I hit level 50.

IMAGE_843.jpg

I feel accomplished now. Hell yes.

computers putin' said:

abuC

olimpia84

Jas said:
PS3GAF needs to stop scaring away people! I want to play! :p

Twice I joined GAF games tonight and within a couple of games the servers cleared :(

Yeah, those were good games. Out of all of them we only lost one (Panama Canal) but I don't think you were on for that match. It was a bit frustrating losing that one because it's my favorite level. We almost let that one round of White Pass slip through as well but managed to win...after that it was server clearing time as usual.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Calion82v said:
Well, ladies and gentleman I did it. 297 hours, 33 minutes, 22,711 kills, and 17 weapon platinums later, I did it. I hit level 50.

Congrats. I don't know what it is about this game, but I feel fairly motivated to get gold stars on every weapon despite the fact that there isn't a huge reward for it or anything (just points, no unlocks or anything).

I have a good bit of fun doing it. Still working on a lot of bronze stars so far.

Top Bottom