• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

PS3 Crowd Leaderboard:
http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1007580

personal pick for best overall ps3 player is AbuC
RunnerUp: crack.

Darkshier said:
Blasphemy. I got $100 on 360 GAF. Now I just need someone to match and some cross platform play. Hell we already have the party chat advantage.

All the more embarrassing if you lose.
I bet $1000 dollars on this fantasy match that can never happen due to technical limitations.

CatPee

Dreamgazer said:
PS3 Crowd Leaderboard:

I bet $1000 dollars on this fantasy match that can never happen due to technical limitations.

Thanks for the list of PS3Gaffers :D. I figure I'd probably be 4th or 5th on that list. I don't have a shockingly high KDR or anything (1.35, not that I care about it much in a BF game), but I do take pride in my SPM and W/L.

CatPee said:
Thanks for the list of PS3Gaffers :D. I figure I'd probably be 4th or 5th on that list. I don't have a shockingly high KDR or anything (1.35, not that I care about it much in a BF game), but I do take pride in my SPM and W/L.
you would be 18th

CatPee

The Faceless Master said:
you would be 18th

What exactly is the "level" part of bfbcs anyway? Never understood it after all this time. Is it like the Skill Level of the actual game, only with larger numbers?

Dreamgazer said:
I'll hold you to it if DICE pulls a miracle and integrates full 360/PS3 gamepad support into the PC version. ;)

Cuban Legend said:
I'll hold you to it if DICE pulls a miracle and integrates full 360/PS3 gamepad support into the PC version. ;)

challenge accepted.
Roster has to be 360-gaf/ps3-gaf as of 6/1/2011 though.
no rigging.

CatPee said:

PS3-gaf generally doesn't really care about stats that much (other than w/l)
A chopper whore with high kd, high spm, high w/l but only play chopper maps are useless to us. (not that we don't welcome good chopper players.)

So there's really no point in ranking yourself base on stats, we can only tell after playing with ya :p

DanielJr82

Hey folks, sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I'm going after a couple of achievements for the Xbox 360 version of the game if anyone's interesed.

This Saturday, June 4th 2011, at 8PM Eastern I'm starting a private match to tackle the Et tu, Brute? (Knife 5 Friends) and Demolition Man (Get 20 Demolition 2.0 kills) achievements. We need 8 people to start the private match, but more are welcomed. So far I have one other and yours truly, so we need at least 6 more.

The plan is we all make an Xbox Live Party (8 is the max I believe) so we can communicate and coordinate things, so please bring a headset! Send a friend request to DanielJr82 and a text or voice message saying you want in on the achievement hunt.

If you already have the achievements and would like to help out regardless, you're welcomed as well. Thanks for reading and cheers!

Nabs

Fun games last night PCGaf. We should try to play tonight and see if we can convince some new people to join up.

DanielJr82 said:
Hey folks, sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I'm going after a couple of achievements for the Xbox 360 version of the game if anyone's interesed.

This Saturday, June 4th 2011, at 8PM Eastern I'm starting a private match to tackle the Et tu, Brute? (Knife 5 Friends) and Demolition Man (Get 20 Demolition 2.0 kills) achievements. We need 8 people to start the private match, but more are welcomed. So far I have one other and yours truly, so we need at least 6 more.

The plan is we all make an Xbox Live Party (8 is the max I believe) so we can communicate and coordinate things, so please bring a headset! Send a friend request to DanielJr82 and a text or voice message saying you want in on the achievement hunt.

If you already have the achievements and would like to help out regardless, you're welcomed as well. Thanks for reading and cheers!
you can't get those achievements in a private match. your best bet is to try and find an empty squad rush game on Atacama Desert.

DanielJr82

The Faceless Master said:
you can't get those achievements in a private match. your best bet is to try and find an empty squad rush game on Atacama Desert.
What?! Seriously? Can anybody else confirm this?

-Edit-
Thanks for the tip on picking a game mode and map, though. I'd imagine those squad rush games are dead?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
computers putin' said:
I almost took this to heart, but then I remembered I've never played with any of you :)

I'm curious though, who do you guys think is the best battlefield player in here, other than yourself; and guys, be honest!
abuC is a tank beast.
Rockscar is great too.

Nice games last night doods.
Rank 46!!!!

Ocho

Dreamgazer said:
challenge accepted.
Roster has to be 360-gaf/ps3-gaf as of 6/1/2011 though.
no rigging.

Fun fun! 2 out of 3 is the winner. I, for one, have a 360 and will gladly buy the 360 version of the game just to make this happen.

Nabs said:
Fun games last night PCGaf. We should try to play tonight and see if we can convince some new people to join up.
I'm game to join you guys if you decide to jump on, will join the mumble server as well

DanielJr82 said:
I can't seem to connect to any Battlefield games since yesterday. Anybody else having issues on the Xbox side?

I tried periodically last night and was never able to connect. It would take forever on "Joining game..." and then time out. I haven't tried any today because I've been at work but I hope it works when I get home, I've really been in the mood to play this lately.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just got the platinum trophy.
My First platinum.

Nabs said:
ubanC egendL.
e9gl4w.jpg3kou.gif

olimpia84

played with a few randoms and the other team kept winning...I think we lost 3 matches in a row and finally when we were about to win the next game after some BC2 heroics I get disconnected...

Hellcrow

Dreamgazer said:
PS3 Crowd Leaderboard:

Holy shit, I'm 4th? What determines the skill level?

EDIT: HAHA, updated my stats and fell down on 11th. That is what happens when you let your roommate play on your account.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WTF. I'm 6th on that custom leaderboard. HERESAY! (And my accuracy is way above all you peons. SUCK IT.)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm one above faceless... that ranking system is a little broken.

I think while I'm playing from rank 49-->50 I will only use medic. Just curious if I'll see a bump from all the heal+revive points.

As an engineer... they really don't give away points. You have to bust vehicles for them.

olimpia84 said:
I updated my stats and went from 9th to 21st lol

Your love of conquest means you play a lot of games (I suspect most) without gaf help in random servers. Most of other gaf, especially the top three, benefit from a strong core group of good players since launch. And I think there's a lot less noobs to pick on these days. Ranking doesn't tell the whole story. Personally I'd put faceless in the top 5 and you at least in the top 10.

Edit: And Cal... that's no surprise. Could tell the first time he was my gunner he had skills. The student has become the teacher. haha.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Heavy Metal is a terrible map.*

*This is my opinion.

Too large for consoles IMO, might work a hell of a lot better on a 64 player server.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Tomat said:

*This is my opinion.

Too large for consoles IMO, might work a hell of a lot better on a 64 player server.

I didn't like it at first, but now it's probably my favorite conquest map, followed closely by Panama Canal. It might grow on you... I used to hate Heavy Metal. lol

Evolved1 said:
I'm one above faceless... that ranking system is a little broken.

I think while I'm playing from rank 49-->50 I will only use medic. Just curious if I'll see a bump from all the heal+revive points.

As an engineer... they really don't give away points. You have to bust vehicles for them.

Your love of conquest means you play a lot of games (I suspect most) without gaf help in random servers. Most of other gaf, especially the top three, benefit from a strong core group of good players since launch. And I think there's a lot less noobs to pick on these days. Ranking doesn't tell the whole story. Personally I'd put faceless in the top 5 and you at least in the top 10.

Edit: And Cal... that's no surprise. Could tell the first time he was my gunner he had skills. The student has become the teacher. haha.
hahah i was #4 yesterday, but a heavy bout with lag, disconnects and turtling opponents dropped me!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1041618

Hope that works, hurry up and add yourselves 360GAF. If anyone wants anything changes let me know. It's sorted by Skill Level like the PS3GAF leaderboard.

*edit*

Just noticed that only an admin can add players, didn't really expect that. Fine with me if it's fine with you guys, PM me with GT's and we'll get this going.

TheSeks said:
YOU are a terrible map.

That map is fucking AWESOME for vehicle combat. AT4 training. It's only when the enemy steals your helicopter(s) that it becomes fucking terrible.

My AT4-Fu is pretty bad, that's probably why I didn't enjoy it yesterday. (It boggles my mind how people can take down a Heli with one)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tomat said:

YOU are a terrible map.

That map is fucking AWESOME for vehicle combat. AT4 training. It's only when the enemy steals your helicopter(s) that it becomes fucking terrible.

Personally I'd put faceless in the top 5 and you at least in the top 10.

I'm probably not even in the top 10 given how I am slow and methodical unless Faceless is playing, in which case it's WHOOSH down the map. :lol

Tomat said:
http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1041618

Hope that works, hurry up and add yourselves 360GAF. If anyone wants anything changes let me know. It's sorted by Skill Level like the PS3GAF leaderboard.

*edit*

Just noticed that only an admin can add players, didn't really expect that. Fine with me if it's fine with you guys, PM me with GT's and we'll get this going.

My AT4-Fu is pretty bad, that's probably why I didn't enjoy it yesterday. (It boggles my mind how people can take down a Heli with one)
add faceless360

TheSeks said:
YOU are a terrible map.

I'm probably not even in the top 10 given how I am slow and methodical unless Faceless is playing, in which case it's WHOOSH down the map. :lol
you're in my top 10!

Top Bottom