• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tomat said:
My AT4-Fu is pretty bad, that's probably why I didn't enjoy it yesterday. (It boggles my mind how people can take down a Heli with one)

I'm not good at it either, but it takes practice. And given the frequent spawning of vehicles on that map, it's pretty much an "engineer with some assault and maybe 1-2 medics for ticket support" map. Recons are annoying on it because the map is so huge, but you shouldn't be getting sniped if you're in a vehicle outside of the open air cab car and helicopter windows.

Faceless said:
you're in my top 10!

I dunno. At times I am a slot machine, but that's probably on PC only given how terrible I'm doing in Q3A. I can't seem to lead my shots anymore. :lol

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The Faceless Master said:
add faceless360

Added

TheSeks said:
I'm not good at it either, but it takes practice. And given the frequent spawning of vehicles on that map, it's pretty much an "engineer with some assault and maybe 1-2 medics for ticket support" map. Recons are annoying on it because the map is so huge, but you shouldn't be getting sniped if you're in a vehicle outside of the open air cab car and helicopter windows.

Very much so, I'm not used to played on a map where there's not a lot of on-foot cover. Getting sniped from every direction kind of sucks. It's just the way the map works though, it's vehicle combat or bust.

TheSeks

Tomat said:
It's just the way the map works though, it's vehicle combat or bust.

Well, that's the way they advertised it. So if you don't really like vehicle-vehicle combat (and if that's the case: WTF is wrong with you!?) it's definitely not going to be fun for you.

The only issue I have with the map in general is the helicopter balance. But that's the case for nearly all the helicopter maps. Recons can generally be taken down pretty easy by switching to sniper or getting in a vehicle and hitting them quickly. They'll either fall back or die.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
YOU are a terrible map.

That map is fucking AWESOME for vehicle combat. AT4 training. It's only when the enemy steals your helicopter(s) that it becomes fucking terrible.

It also becomes terrible when there's less than 10 people per team. It's too big of a map and this is something that I'm worried about for BF3. Playing large maps like Heavy Metal with 5 people per team is going to be unbearable so they either have to up the player count for consoles (unlikely), improve their matchmaking, or automatically add bots to large maps.

Tomat

I wasn't around when they were advertising the map. I just picked the game up for the second time about two weeks ago.

It's not that I don't like vehicle combat, I just enjoy blowing the crap out of them as an engineer a lot more.

*edit*

I like how Faceless has an accuracy of 178%.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
It also becomes terrible when there's less than 10 people per team. It's too big of a map and this is something that I'm worried about for BF3. Playing large maps like Heavy Metal with 5 people per team is going to be unbearable so they either have to up the player count for consoles (unlikely), improve their matchmaking, or automatically add bots to large maps.

BF2: Modern Combat had the ability to scale maps like the PC version. At least on the 360 version. Not too sure about the PS2 or now defunct OG X-box version, though.

Tomat said:
I just enjoy blowing the crap out of them as an engineer a lot more.

PROTIP:
AT mines in B, pref. where the flag is or the road on it. You'll generally take someone out there. AT4 on "sniper hill" if someone doesn't see you and you can take out the tanks if you guide it to their backsides with 1-2 rockets with explosive up. Issue is running out of ammo, so play with a teammate that is able to spawn/die frequently to supply you ammo, I guess.

There's probably more AT mine places you can use, but that's probably the most common area for them.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
OK so the other day I began using an absolutely devilish strategy of Port Valdez Defense, first set.

Right side of the Y in the road... there's a little rock outcropping and even has foliage cover. Assault C4 kit. I personally prefer the M1/extra expl/Mag ammo, but whatever floats your boat. C4 trap the road (two or three in a line down the road) and drop ammo behind the rocks, while using them for cover. Between the easy as fuck vehicle kills and picking off infantry... I had the attackers in fits. Especially the bitch recon who like to camp on the back hills (they have no cover from you there!) They were trying to RPG me while parachuting in, but were dead before or right after they hit the ground. It's super easy to spot from there, and your friendlies can spawn in with cover and get to the foot of noob rock pretty easily... it's a great spot. Pretty easy Ace pin, and you're close enough to B to protect it.

/protip

edit: requires semi-competent team to cover left side.

TheSeks

Why do that when I can troll them into the point of ragequitting from little/no cover. ;) ;)

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Why do that when I can troll them into the point of ragequitting from little/no cover. ;) ;)

Well... how does a 24 KDR sound to you? :p

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
Well... how does a 24 KDR sound to you? :p

I've done that
in a helicopter
before, so that isn't too amazing. But sure, I'll take it.

Tomat

You guys all play Rush don't you?

I never do that. Is that bad?

Evolved1 said:
OK so the other day I began using an absolutely devilish strategy of Port Valdez Defense, first set.

Right side of the Y in the road... there's a little rock outcropping and even has foliage cover. Assault C4 kit. I personally prefer the M1/extra expl/Mag ammo, but whatever floats your boat. C4 trap the road (two or three in a line down the road) and drop ammo behind the rocks, while using them for cover. Between the easy as fuck vehicle kills and picking off infantry... I had the attackers in fits. Especially the bitch recon who like to camp on the back hills (they have no cover from you there!) They were trying to RPG me while parachuting in, but were dead before or right after they hit the ground. It's super easy to spot from there, and your friendlies can spawn in with cover and get to the foot of noob rock pretty easily... it's a great spot. Pretty easy Ace pin, and you're close enough to B to protect it.

/protip

edit: requires semi-competent team to cover left side.
yeah, i was like "what is he doing over there... ooooooohhhhh"...

and then i proceeded to Price is Right my AT Mines.

Evolved1

Rush can be bad. Conquest can be good.

Truth.

I think the really good round I had was with randoms... but the few times I tried it I was able to get a bunch of stops.

Price is Right your AT Mines... is this a reference to plinko? lol. I don't get it. Your tactics always surprise me.

Evolved1 said:
Rush can be bad. Conquest can be good.

Truth.

I think the really good round I had was with randoms... but the few times I tried it I was able to get a bunch of stops.

Price is Right your AT Mines... is this a reference to plinko? lol. I don't get it. Your tactics always surprise me.
no, it's a reference to bidding a dollar more... it's when you see someone else's C4/Mines then put yours a few feet in front of theirs.

Evolved1

no, it's a reference to bidding a dollar more... it's when you see someone else's C4/Mines then put yours a few feet in front of theirs.

I can not be mad at you over this... since I do it to people all the time. Haha.

Tomat

I felt good about my stats until I added you people. I'm also slightly disgusted that my highest weapon time is on a pistol.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
I can not be mad at you over this... since I do it to people all the time. Haha.

SMH. So it is you and Faceless stealing my AT mine kills! >:|!

Olimpia84 said:
Rush is bad. Conquest is good. That's all you need to know, right PS3GAF?

*ThePriceIsRightLoserHorn.wav*

No. Conquest in Bad Company 2 is terrible in terms of maps. If it was similar to Bad Company 1's, okay, sort of but not really on the level of Rush. But Bad Company 2? No, very very no.

CatPee

TheSeks said:
SMH. So it is you and Faceless stealing my AT mine kills! >:|!

*ThePriceIsRightLoserHorn.wav*

No. Conquest in Bad Company 2 is terrible in terms of maps. If it was similar to Bad Company 1's, okay, sort of but not really on the level of Rush. But Bad Company 2? No, very very no.

Agreed. Valparaiso > everything. Throw in Cold War and White Pass Rush in there too and Rush is <3.

Also, Faceless is a C4 whore. -_-

Yasae

Banned
Evolved1 said:
I didn't like it at first, but now it's probably my favorite conquest map, followed closely by Panama Canal. It might grow on you... I used to hate Heavy Metal. lol
It's grown on me. Again, though, it's too big for a small number of players.

Tomat said:
http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1041618

Hope that works, hurry up and add yourselves 360GAF. If anyone wants anything changes let me know. It's sorted by Skill Level like the PS3GAF leaderboard.

*edit*

Just noticed that only an admin can add players, didn't really expect that. Fine with me if it's fine with you guys, PM me with GT's and we'll get this going.
Add eight quid. Even though I'm afraid to see the results, what the hell.

Even that is too polite. Remember first set defense on Hastings, how Bo would always put his mines in the stream that crosses the road? Sure I could've put my mines in front of his put I thought "nah, I'll just blow his up and replace them with mine (heh)". Well for whatever reason I wasn't able to put mine down but the splash damage from the grenade didn't blow his up but rather made them mine, so I got credit for his kills? Yeah, I can't think of an appropriate game show metaphor for this but thats 360 style right there.

CatPee said:
Agreed. Valparaiso > everything. Throw in Cold War and White Pass Rush in there too and Rush is <3.

Also, Faceless is a C4 whore. -_-
AT Mines and C4 all day and night!

bean breath said:
Even that is too polite. Remember first set defense on Hastings, how Bo would always put his mines in the stream that crosses the road? Sure I could've put my mines in front of his put I thought "nah, I'll just blow his up and replace them with mine (heh)". Well for whatever reason I wasn't able to put mine down but the splash damage from the grenade didn't blow his up but rather made them mine, so I got credit for his kills? Yeah, I can't think of an appropriate game show metaphor for this but thats 360 style right there.
hahahahhaahah

on Hastings i like to run out of bounds and drop the AT Mines right at the enemy gates. so many points!

AT Mines and C4 all day and night!

hahahahhaahah

on Hastings i like to run out of bounds and drop the AT Mines right at the enemy gates. so many points!
They never learn either, maybe it was a different driver each time but it's was just over and over...

Highlight from last night was playing against some crazy guy who was in our party. His team went down to just him and some random on Valpo attack and he made the mistake of abandoning the chopper. So he gets on an ATV and says "I'm driving this shit right down the middle, watch me!" and when he got to the jump at the cliff just before our base he let out a battle cry:

"Naaaaaaaaaants ingonyama bagithi Babaaaa!!!"
The fucking opening line of 'Circle of Life' from The Lion King, lol. I was on the floor after that.

Conceptor said:

i made this for you

untitled_gif_06-01-11_i7t3.gif

Tomat said:

Hope that works, hurry up and add yourselves 360GAF. If anyone wants anything changes let me know. It's sorted by Skill Level like the PS3GAF leaderboard.

*edit*

Just noticed that only an admin can add players, didn't really expect that. Fine with me if it's fine with you guys, PM me with GT's and we'll get this going.

My AT4-Fu is pretty bad, that's probably why I didn't enjoy it yesterday. (It boggles my mind how people can take down a Heli with one)
Add Serpico MTZ. Thanks Tomato.

Tomat

All names added so far. If you guys want the stats rearranged or anything let me know.

Also, just finished the single player earlier tonight. It was better than I expected it to be.

New Page

360GAF has a BC2 leaderboard (because we can't let PS3GAF have all the fun). Sadly you cannot add yourselves to it, so PM me your Xbox Live Gamertag (or make it part of your post here) and I'll add it asap.

Calion82v said:
How. Seriously.
hide in a random far away spot on a map with some "friends" on the other team, including a medic. kill one, medic revives, repeat.

alternatively, squad rush... or does that qualify as a far away spot in a map?

Pete Rock

Calion82v said:
How. Seriously.
Boosting if I had to take a guess, look at the only account he has retrieved dogtags from - it has an identical naming format, and a KD of .02. I would have to assume this is the case because both accounts are chock full of outlandish statistics.

Stallion Free said:
I like how the guy completely platinums and weapon and then stops cold and moves on to another.
Hard to get attached when you're cheating

olimpia84

Good games last night; my favorite was the epic comeback on Port Valdez Conquest against that level 50 clan. You know they were upset when they all quit at the end!

olimpia84 said:
Good games last night; my favorite was the epic comeback on Port Valdez Conquest against that level 50 clan. You know they were upset when they all quit at the end!
it was a good game, both teams played hard. it was great watching their ticket count slowly fall below ours at the end. your determination to punch thru and cap A paid off in the end!

meppi

Another Friday night, another full evening wasted on shitty games.
I swear, I'm gonna stop playing this game during the weekends if this keeps up.
What a bunch of fucking lame-ass losers that always seem to come together when schools out to shit games up. pfff

TheSeks

Meppi, babe: That's when you work on trolling the enemy team. Weekend BF is bestest BF, because there is no challenge so you can do crazy trolling on the enemy. :D

Seriously, start to learn to fly helicopters and if you get good troll the enemy team into ragequits. Or start to garden. Or C4 vehicles in their base and detonate on them getting in. Troll troll troll.

meppi

That might not be a bad idea.

It's sometimes so hard to find a good game during the weekend where teams are relatively balanced, but also where both teams are playing for objectives and not blatantly camping/trolling for points and nothing more.

It even came to the point where I was thinking of buying KZ3 for €22, even though I know from my time with the beta that I'd be raging even more at the cheap tactics and no-skill lamers. :-/

Dark days indeed.

Worst part is that it doesn't seem to be just me. My buddy was taking this even worse than I was. He's thinking of quitting the game for good if this kind of shit keeps ruining our gaming nights.

Evolved1

Well, tomorrow I leave for summer classes. Hopefully some of you guys are still playing when I get back in a couple months. If not... see you in BF3!!!

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
Well, tomorrow I leave for summer classes. Hopefully some of you guys are still playing when I get back in a couple months. If not... see you in BF3!!!

Hopefully I have a job by then
so I can get BF3 on PC
to fix my PS3. :/ Job Fair today was nada. Shit fucking sucks, not even retail places are hiring here for the summer. WTF. :|

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Hopefully I have a job by then
so I can get BF3 on PC
to fix my PS3. :/ Job Fair today was nada. Shit fucking sucks, not even retail places are hiring here for the summer. WTF. :|

It's tough out there finding work... my options have been limited by a full-time (absolutely asinine) class schedule the last few years. I've had a spotty thing going with construction for a while, but yesterday my boss told me he can't guarantee he'll still have a spot for me when I get back.

:/

Fucking sucks dude. Just gotta roll with it, I guess. Good luck. Stick with it... you'll (we'll) eventually find something.

TheSeks

Whats funny is that hte job fiar today wasn't even really huge, it was incredibly small and not that useful, and there was a huge line going through the building for it. Just goes to show the area around here is really poor for work.

SMH @ my PS3 dying. At least playing BC2 during my "off-time" helped me break the disappointment. :/

aaannnddd... the ps3 is down again... good thing i don't keep the disk in the drive anymore when i'm not playing. but still, i need my free games from when the PSN was down, even if i couldn't use it!

Top Bottom