• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

meppi

Jas said:
Yeah, those are the matches I enjoy the most too. I thought we had the 2nd game on Harvest, that one hurt.

Not sure what is going on but the past couple of days I keep getting dropped from games and kicked back to the main menu. I played the PC version for a couple of hours yesterday and didn't have any issues, meh.

Don't understand how we let that harvest day slip though our fingers...

I had to go to bed since it was 2AM already, but hearing about those chopper atacama idiots, I'm kinda glad I did.

Overall a rather terrible night.
Lots of cheap tactics all around and hard to find a somewhat playable game.
And even when we finally got a decent one started, suddenly there were 8 level 50s on the opposite side after a bunch of lower levels left.
But we still won that round and then they all left. lol

I really would love to be able to set up our own servers and map rotations.
I'm so sick and tired of those bush wookies on Laguna Presa when all I wanna do is play Harvest Day or Heavy Metal. :-/

olimpia84

Jas said:
Yeah, those are the matches I enjoy the most too. I thought we had the 2nd game on Harvest, that one hurt.

Not sure what is going on but the past couple of days I keep getting dropped from games and kicked back to the main menu. I played the PC version for a couple of hours yesterday and didn't have any issues, meh.

Same here! Is this happening to anybody else? I thought it was just my internet connection. Going back to last night it was funny because the first round we played in Atacama we base raped the other team and in the second round it looked like the same was going to happen...I remember we had all three flags early in the game and our chopper and as I was heading towards their base to 'trap' them my connection dropped. It took me two minutes to join you guys again and when I did the opposing team already had two flags capped, our chopper was down and they were about to cap the third one! I don't know what the heck happened but that was the end of that since shortly after that they got both choppers =/

meppi

olimpia84 said:
Same here! Is this happening to anybody else? I thought it was just my internet connection. Going back to last night it was funny because the first round we played in Atacama we base raped the other team and in the second round it looked like the same was going to happen...I remember we had all three flags early in the game and our chopper and as I was heading towards their base to 'trap' them my connection dropped. It took me two minutes to join you guys again and when I did the opposing team already had two flags capped, our chopper was down and they were about to cap the third one! I don't know what the heck happened but that was the end of that since shortly after that they got both choppers =/

Well it hasn't been happening to either me or Mancunian so I'm not sure what the problem was.
Only had a Frostbite freeze once yesterday, besides that everything worked like it should.

Yeah, the base raping thing.
They were doing that to us the round before that, so I took Seks's advice and went into full asshole mode myself, along with the rest of our team, basically killing them as soon as they dared to spawn.

What happened during that section you were gone was something very strange.
A bunch of guys joined the opposite team and for some weird reason our team just stopped being able to defend anything, unless me or Mancunian were at the base.
Felt like us against the world.
The enemies just kept flooding and flooding without pause, it just didn't make any sense.
You could shoot 4 guys at C, turn around and there would be 2 more, kill them, head back and those 4 guys you just killed were back already.

For one thing, I certainly hope that DICE nerfs the revive skill as it's beyond stupid the way certain clans abuse it.
When you get into games where 8 out of 12 people are medics and your team only has 1 or maybe even 2, you know something is up.
Same thing happened for the rest of the night, but to a lesser extent.
I wonder now that in BF3 the medic is gone and it has become a skill anyone can equip, how they will tune it so that it's not something that will fuck up the game even more than it does in BC2.

olimpia84

meppi said:
Well it hasn't been happening to either me or Mancunian so I'm not sure what the problem was.
Only had a Frostbite freeze once yesterday, besides that everything worked like it should.

Yeah, the base raping thing.
They were doing that to us the round before that, so I took Seks's advice and went into full asshole mode myself, along with the rest of our team, basically killing them as soon as they dared to spawn.

What happened during that section you were gone was something very strange.
A bunch of guys joined the opposite team and for some weird reason our team just stopped being able to defend anything, unless me or Mancunian were at the base.
Felt like us against the world.
The enemies just kept flooding and flooding without pause, it just didn't make any sense.
You could shoot 4 guys at C, turn around and there would be 2 more, kill them, head back and those 4 guys you just killed were back already.

I know I played with you and Mancunian earlier yesterday and we did very well but I didn't know you were in those late night games with ejas and renderman when we faced all those level 50 pro clans.

meppi

Yeah, the last game I played with you guys yesterday was the second Harvest Day map where we started lagging a bit in the second part but got the advantage near the end only to see us lose by a handful of tickets for some weird reason.

That was around 2AM CET.
Mancunian stopped around 00.30AM since he has the late shift this week. As I have the night shift, I played a bit longer.
If I want to squeeze in a bit of gametime this week I'd have to be before 8PM though.

olimpia84

I'm also playing regularly on PS3 so you guys can add me although I play Conquest almost exclusively (most people here lately seem to prefer Rush)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Calion82v said:
I really need to get back into BC2. I miss it so. : (

I need a new PC so I can play BC2. I miss it so. ;___;

I'm so fucking bored that I'm updating Play 4 Free to see how terrible it still is.

They reward you with a "starter pack" that is only able to be used for a day. So... STILL HORRIBLE.

Oh, yeah, and locked classes. SO EVEN MORE HORRIBLE.

*sigh* My birthday can't come faster so I can hunt around New Egg for cheap parts so I'm not spending above $500-600 for a PC to run BF3. >_>

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
getting this friday
psn: codmaul

i had it for xbox but now i miss it
xbl was getting to be too much $$$ so i sold everything to a friend

TheSeks

Tomat said:
So how many folks around here play on the 360?

2. You and Faceless. ;)

Also P4F is SO HORRIBLE. It's like from closed beta to open beta they've made the performance and lag WORSE.

Oh so should go pawn shopping to find a cheap copy of BF2 and skip this shit.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yeah, not that many on it so far. http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1041618

I haven't been around in this thread for too long though. For anyone else who would like to be added to the 360GAF leaderboard just list your GT or shoot me a PM with your GT.

I'm honestly surprised about the amount of PS3 discussion I've seen around here.

Tomat said:
Yeah, not that many on it so far. http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1041618

I haven't been around in this thread for too long though. For anyone else who would like to be added to the 360GAF leaderboard just list your GT or shoot me a PM with your GT.

I'm honestly surprised about the amount of PS3 discussion I've seen around here.
This thread is their xbox live party chat.

olimpia84

The game is unplayable right now for me. Horrible rubberbanding and lag...it might just be my internet but this shit is crazy.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
The game is unplayable right now for me. Horrible rubberbanding and lag...it might just be my internet but this shit is crazy.

So, basically it's Play 4 Free then?

Faceless said:
don't you run the list?

Don't you have money to triple dip?

Hey faceless, do you still have those 'countdown' links that you posted for new objectives, helicopter respawn, etc.? I tried a search but couldn't dig them up.

Tomat

Had some good games tonight, god a few stars and pins finished up. Still working on my first platinum with the MP-whatever Grach pistol.

TheSeks said:
Don't you have money to triple dip?
not yet, but the plan is to be ready for October!

endlessflood said:
Hey faceless, do you still have those 'countdown' links that you posted for new objectives, helicopter respawn, etc.? I tried a search but couldn't dig them up.
yeah i do!

http://tinyurl.com/bc2hind

http://tinyurl.com/bc2base

i use my phone nowadays since there's a countdown timer in the clock app.

xKilltheMx said:
Is it usual to not find yourself on the Leaderboard? =[

I tried adding you and silent on, but since you guys don't have a bfbcs profile it's taking longer than usual to clear.

Also, while I am double dipping and building a new pc in the fall...I am considering to delay my GPU purchase until more news of 7xxx/GTX6xx gen cards are available...

Dreamgazer said:
I tried adding you and silent on, but since you guys don't have a bfbcs profile it's taking longer than usual to clear.

Also, while I am double dipping and building a new pc in the fall...I am considering to delay my GPU purchase until more news of 7xxx/GTX6xx gen cards are available...

Thats weird because I thought I did have a BFBCS account =/
I'll look into this actually.

Calion

TheSeks said:
I need a new PC so I can play BC2. I miss it so. ;___;

I'm so fucking bored that I'm updating Play 4 Free to see how terrible it still is.

*sigh* My birthday can't come faster so I can hunt around New Egg for cheap parts so I'm not spending above $500-600 for a PC to run BF3. >_>

You're only paying around $600 for a gaming PC? : (

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
You're only paying around $600 for a gaming PC? : (

The money isn't my own. >_> <_< >_>

Stupid job market and no one getting back to me.

Tomat

Pete Rock said:
Yep you've got to post or pm your gt for Tomat to add you tho

Thanks Pete.

For anyone who would like to join the 360GAF leaderboard here, just post your Gamertag or feel free to PM. We would love to see some more members here join up! It's all in good fun, so don't worry about being super competitive if you don't want to. On that note, what do you guys think of the leaderboard in terms of stats? Anything we should add or take away?

These are all the different stat options we have.
NE2lE.png

Tomat said:
Thanks Pete.

For anyone who would like to join the 360GAF leaderboard here, just post your Gamertag or feel free to PM. We would love to see some more members here join up! It's all in good fun, so don't worry about being super competitive if you don't want to. On that note, what do you guys think of the leaderboard in terms of stats? Anything we should add or take away?

These are all the different stat options we have.
NE2lE.png
Is there any sort of metric that tracks quality revives?

Tomat

bean breath said:
Is there any sort of metric that tracks quality revives?

I wish. I'm surprised they don't have a revives counter there, or other class related counters (like vehicles destroyed).

I love the Rex so much even though I've plat'd it I still can't put it down. I really hope it makes a return/has an equivalent in BF3.

Also I play on 360 a lot. Anyone feel free to add 'iHN Jury'. Send a message as well saying gaf.

Jinaar

Tomat said:
Thanks Pete.

For anyone who would like to join the 360GAF leaderboard here, just post your Gamertag or feel free to PM. We would love to see some more members here join up!

Can you add JINAAR there? It may get me back to playing on the 360 (level 45??) again, as I am currently playing on the PC and so close to level 22 just now. I do enjoy Vietnam on the 360 alot. Cheers, Tomat!

Jas

olimpia84 said:

Had 6 or 7 disconnects in a span of a couple of hours yesterday. :( I was starting to think it was an issue with my PS3 but tried a couple of games online and they played fine.

It was fun joining 6 other GAF guys yesterday afternoon just wish I could stayed online longer.

TheSeks

xKilltheMx said:
...You can kill people with smoke launchers!? WHAT THE WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THIS.

Welcome to last year. :p

I only have 2, Faceless has like... 70?

Top Bottom