• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

mrbagdt said:
just got this game this weekend off amazon, ultimate edition on ps3, i dont know why i didnt get it earlier because i am having a blast.

i assume that playing by yourself and doing 'public' squads is a hard road to take? i never seem to be in a squad with people who have any idea what they are doing- they are either afk or wandering around our spawn base. sometimes im lucky and have someone that is being active and i can move forward with, but i am guessing most good players are already in squads when they join the games?

Welcome to the fold. You can add me as well. Killthem16

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EA Conference in an hour. GET HYPE.

BF3, BITCHES. OHHHH YEAHHHHH. *DuffManPelvicThrust.gif*

CatPee

meppi said:
You forgot the first map where we basically raped your team on Valparaiso Attack. ;P

Yea, I joined in pretty late on that one with 18 tickets left. My motion mines and SV-98 saved my team's ass on that last set while you guys were attacking.

mrbagdt said:
just got this game this weekend off amazon, ultimate edition on ps3, i dont know why i didnt get it earlier because i am having a blast.

i assume that playing by yourself and doing 'public' squads is a hard road to take? i never seem to be in a squad with people who have any idea what they are doing- they are either afk or wandering around our spawn base. sometimes im lucky and have someone that is being active and i can move forward with, but i am guessing most good players are already in squads when they join the games?

My PSN's minhtfresh15. Add if you feel like it. I play pretty often.

TheSeks said:
You really should play with GAF. If you're being spawn raped generally it's your teams fault for not being quick to get out or set up a defense. GAF generally prevents that and causes it on PS3 9/10 of the time.

The games built for playing with a set squad anyway.
I'm up to give that a try once my internet comes back up (modem died shortly after that post). Playing with randoms is always going to be a problem in these games, but I think some of the game design decisions only make things worse. There is no way I should be killed again and again and again (5 times in a row) as soon as I spawn. That kind of stuff is only fun for the spawn campers and just leads to rage quits if not giving up on the game itself.

Games should still be playable and fun, regardless of whether you're winning or losing.

time to play DAT TEKKEN SIX?

29g05s3.jpg

Pete Rocks!

The Faceless Master said:
time to play DAT TEKKEN SIX?

http://i56.tinypic.com/29g05s3.jpg[IMG]

Pete Rocks![/QUOTE]
Sorry but I'm the new Faceless on 360.

I'm the Rufio to your Peter Pan.

[spoiler]Woooo!![/spoiler]

Dear Microsoft

it makes ABSOLUTELY ZERO FUCKING SENSE that i have to reinstall a game to play it off the hard drive on another console WHEN I NEED THE DISK ANYWAY!!!

Sincerely, me.

bean breath said:
Sorry but I'm the new Faceless on 360.

I'm the Rufio to your Peter Pan.

Woooo!!
cool, gives more time to play TK6

Dear Microsoft

it makes ABSOLUTELY ZERO FUCKING SENSE that i have to reinstall a game to play it off the hard drive on another console WHEN I NEED THE DISK ANYWAY!!!

Sincerely, me.

cool, gives more time to play TK6
dude you are more than welcome to add me on live, gamertags same as my name on here, we could play some rounds sometime

TheSeks

Heh. Ask CCP/blog writer what the appeal of Dust is to those of us that don't have a claim to stake in EVE and what outside of the EVE-Dust link would appeal to us over other FPS coming/are out.

*crickets* I don't think that's a good sign for their shooter unless they can get John Call of Duty to play it and see the social aspect.

Anywayyyyy: How about that Battlefield 3 guys? I'm disappointed the Sony conference didn't show the console gameplay as rumored. I'm really wanting to see how well the engine handles on consoles.

PedYup

Ok, I´ve seen the BF3 MP video and looks very promising. A couple of things: weapons don´t match the soldiers classes in the video and it seems that there is some kind of squad commander as the first soldier in the squad has a star in his name.

TheSeks

They changed the classes for better balance. We dunno what the star for the squad indicator is.

TheSeks

eroots said:
Vietnam is on sale on Psn, many people still playing it?

People still play BF1942. Do you really need to know that about the current BF? :p

CatPee

TheSeks said:
Heh. Ask CCP/blog writer what the appeal of Dust is to those of us that don't have a claim to stake in EVE and what outside of the EVE-Dust link would appeal to us over other FPS coming/are out.

*crickets* I don't think that's a good sign for their shooter unless they can get John Call of Duty to play it and see the social aspect.

Anywayyyyy: How about that Battlefield 3 guys? I'm disappointed the Sony conference didn't show the console gameplay as rumored. I'm really wanting to see how well the engine handles on consoles.

In the Frostbite 2 BF3 trailer, there were 2 snippets where it said PS3 in-game footage. Look at the bottom right corner.

xclaw

So with all the BF3 hype and most likely community move of BC2 to BF3 at least on PS3 are we looking like BC3 will be next gen at this point?

TheSeks

U2NUMB said:
I am going with.. it is just that, an indicator of who is the leader.

NO SHIT, REALLY!? We didn't truly know that at the time! *gasp*

meppi

Goddamnit this game pisses me off sometimes.

I try 3 conquest maps in a row to find a single decent one.
When I finally do I notice that someone on my FL joined but is on the other side, so when I get the opportunity I join him.
This is on Atacama desert btw.

He jumps into a tank in our base and I join.
That's where it ends, he just sits there looking out at point C while everyone else charges forward.
I jump out and start running on foot, someone else jump into his tank and suddenly he decides to drive. :-/
I join another tank at point C, this one doesn't even have a clue how to drive forward and once he sees an enemy tank, he drives backwards straight off a cliff. Nice!

Spawn with the guy on my FL again, back in the basecamp, he's in a tank again.
Surprise surprise, he's just sitting there yet again, just looking, barely moving his barrel once in a while. :mad:

I really should trim the fat off of my friendslist. pfff.

Then I notice that Faceless joined the game. Oh fun. He's been put on the other team.
I want to join but that side is completely full all the damn time.

Getting pissed of at a 32 level circlestafing loser that's blowing up everything at our basecamp, so I spawn there and trace+RPG his ass.
Not even 10 seconds later a second chopper is there doing the exact same thing, followed not even a minute later by the same fucker as before.

Still not able to join faceless and pissed off at this shitty string of events to not even want to play the game anymore. FFS.

Soma

Anybody ever get connection issues when joining a friend? We're both on ps3 and when either of us try to join the other person is kicked out of the game.

We're also playing BC2 in the same house (seperate tvs/systems but same internet connection) so maybe it's IP related? It was working fine till last night. :/

meppi said:
Goddamnit this game pisses me off sometimes.

I try 3 conquest maps in a row to find a single decent one.
When I finally do I notice that someone on my FL joined but is on the other side, so when I get the opportunity I join him.
This is on Atacama desert btw.

He jumps into a tank in our base and I join.
That's where it ends, he just sits there looking out at point C while everyone else charges forward.
I jump out and start running on foot, someone else jump into his tank and suddenly he decides to drive. :-/
I join another tank at point C, this one doesn't even have a clue how to drive forward and once he sees an enemy tank, he drives backwards straight off a cliff. Nice!

Spawn with the guy on my FL again, back in the basecamp, he's in a tank again.
Surprise surprise, he's just sitting there yet again, just looking, barely moving his barrel once in a while. :mad:

I really should trim the fat off of my friendslist. pfff.

Then I notice that Faceless joined the game. Oh fun. He's been put on the other team.
I want to join but that side is completely full all the damn time.

Getting pissed of at a 32 level circlestafing loser that's blowing up everything at our basecamp, so I spawn there and trace+RPG his ass.
Not even 10 seconds later a second chopper is there doing the exact same thing, followed not even a minute later by the same fucker as before.

Still not able to join faceless and pissed off at this shitty string of events to not even want to play the game anymore. FFS.
yeah, i joined the game, my team had 1 base, 1 was being capped and then i notice a 2nd blue chopper pop up and i know shit is about to go down! so i head to C in a tank and help to cap it and now my team haa all the bases and both choppers. AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

my PS3 shuts off, so i turn i turn and eject the disk, since it's gonna die again soon.

moonspeak said:
Anybody ever get connection issues when joining a friend? We're both on ps3 and when either of us try to join the other person is kicked out of the game.

We're also playing BC2 in the same house (seperate tvs/systems but same internet connection) so maybe it's IP related? It was working fine till last night. :/
yeah, sounds connection related, try restarting the router!

TheSeks

Oh, hi there:

(Click for Big McLargeHuge.)

Three copies left, $20. I said "why not?" and bought it with the last of my money. Still don't have a PC capable of running it (but I'm installing it on the laptop for shits and giggles to see the performance of it on said laptop).

PCGAF: I choose disc-in authentication due to the stupid SercuROM on the disc. If I uninstall this (after five minutes when the game runs like a slideshow on said laptop), do I lose my SecuROM slot for DRM purposes or did I choose the one that won't screw me over when I install this on a new PC sometime in the future. >_>

Also moved my PS3 pre-order to a PC pre-order at Gamestop. Sorry PS3 GAF. :(

(Also it's completely stupid that BC2 PC won't let me run it non-up-to-date to see the singleplayer and the engine performance. I have to slowly update it before I can even play? WTF DICE. Even Criterion let me play their game offline without updating. :|)

TheSeks said:
Oh, hi there:

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zd1zdi.jpg

(Click for Big McLargeHuge.)

Three copies left, $20. I said "why not?" and bought it with the last of my money. Still don't have a PC capable of running it (but I'm installing it on the laptop for shits and giggles to see the performance of it on said laptop).

PCGAF: I choose disc-in authentication due to the stupid SercuROM on the disc. If I uninstall this (after five minutes when the game runs like a slideshow on said laptop), do I lose my SecuROM slot for DRM purposes or did I choose the one that won't screw me over when I install this on a new PC sometime in the future. >_>

Also moved my PS3 pre-order to a PC pre-order at Gamestop. Sorry PS3 GAF. :(

(Also it's completely stupid that BC2 PC won't let me run it non-up-to-date to see the singleplayer and the engine performance. I have to slowly update it before I can even play? WTF DICE. Even Criterion let me play their game offline without updating. :|)
you didn't get it on a STEAM SALE? failing the MR already!

TheSeks

you didn't get it on a STEAM SALE? failing the MR already!

I dislike Steam. So the mater race can dealwithit.gif.

I didn't feel like hassling with GreenDot for a $20 purchase.

Oh no I am pretty sure the game was like 7.50$ on Steam over Christmas :(

No big deal to me. $20 for thousands of gameplay hours after I paid $60 and played it a year on PS3 isn't a big deal for me.

TheSeks

Holy poo-poo, what a difference in image quality. It's too bad the game runs at like... 1-5FPS with stuttering on this laptop. :lol The graphics are tears of joy, though. Even on low (and setting it to 1240x768) the game looks damn good.

Now I need to figure out how to uninstall it without SecuROM making me waste a slot of my DRM. PC GAF any help?

TheSeks said:
Holy poo-poo, what a difference in image quality. It's too bad the game runs at like... 1-5FPS with stuttering on this laptop. :lol The graphics are tears of joy, though. Even on low (and setting it to 1240x768) the game looks damn good.

Now I need to figure out how to uninstall it without SecuROM making me waste a slot of my DRM. PC GAF any help?
pretty sure when you go to uninstall, during the process the game will ask you if you would like to deactivate on the current machine

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Damnit 360GAF, GET IN HERE!

Copy/pasted from previous page:
360GAF has a BC2 leaderboard (because we can't let PS3GAF have all the fun). Sadly you cannot add yourselves to it, so PM me your Xbox Live Gamertag (or make it part of your post here) and I'll add it asap.

http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1041618

Hot damn my skill level has dropped almost 100 points.

Tomat said:
Damnit 360GAF, GET IN HERE!

Copy/pasted from previous page:
360GAF has a BC2 leaderboard (because we can't let PS3GAF have all the fun). Sadly you cannot add yourselves to it, so PM me your Xbox Live Gamertag (or make it part of your post here) and I'll add it asap.

http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1041618

Hot damn my skill level has dropped almost 100 points.

CriscoGiant is my GT

My roommate/friends have played a lot on my tag and ruined my stats though. :x

Just got a shiny new HDTV so I will likely be on a lot. Hot damn this game looks good now compared to my old CRT.. it's nice to not be shooting at black dots any more lol.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
So i heard that you can opt out of being revived in BF3, DICE IS READING OUR POSTS, GAF.

They took out Magnum Ammo, so they at least read my bitching. ;) ;)

leng jai

Just got the PC version after playing about 150 hours on PS3. Game runs at a constant 60fps pretty much at 1080p with everything maxed, looks great.

I'm getting pumped though, seems like its much more difficult to stay alive on PC compared to PS3 (I only play rush). Only level 9 atm and its pretty sour to think I've got another 8 or so before I can even get magnum ammo.

TheSeks

Don't you get Armor sooner than Magnum? Just slap the armor on. It may not do too much, but it should negate the magnum ammo a few times while you level up.

meppi

What a difference a day can make.

Had some incredibly close games this early evening.
Really like playing with Giggityplum as I know what I can expect from his playstyle.
Too bad he had to leave early on.
Like I said, incredibly close games where we had to fight for every single arm/disarm, but that's what makes it so satisfying.

Won several matches and lost others, but never to the point of frustration due to cheap tactics or other shenanigans. Both were great teams. :)

Really thought we should have won that last map on Isla attack.
We're down to 6 guys and I succeed in sneaking into the back of their camp so my squadmates can spawn on me.
Using engineer like most of the time, I just blew a helicopter out of the sky a bit earlier.
My teammates arm the final Mcom and I see them dying.
I come around the corner from the back of the base and see 8 (I shit you not) enemies all huddled around the Mcom.
I switch to my RPG and *click*......hadn't reloaded it yet. :(
So I throw a grenade and start unloading my G3. Kill 4 guys and hit a couple others but naturally get taken down.

Respawn, only 2 tickets left now.
Switch to wookie for a change of tactics.
Somehow manage to get back into the base and hide in the lower part of a lookout tower that has it's wall partially blown out.
A squadmate spawns on me, he realizes where he is.
Goes around back and sneaks past the enemy to arm the crate.
I request an airstrike 3 seconds later. He stays next to the crate.
An enemy approaches, I M95 his neck. Everything is going to plan.
I throw a grenade next to the MCom which is about 15 meters away from me.
See another enemy approach, drop him with another M95 round and then *MISSION LOST*

We ran out of tickets and hear the MCom blow up 2 seconds into the failure screen.
Damn.

I've had this on PS3 since shortly after it came out, but never got too deeply into it due to school and such. I've been meaning to get back into it. Is there a group of Gaffers that play this on PS3 still? I have a mic.

Edit: Doh, my PSN ID is: SOGInferno.

abuC

The Nba finals are almost over, I'll try to get back into this. I'm going to get BF3 for ps3 and will be building a pc soon too for the double dip.

TheSeks

abuC said:
The Nba finals are almost over, I'll try to get back into this. I'm going to get BF3 for ps3 and will be building a pc soon too for the double dip.

:O! You flying with me. <3 *tears of joy*

That is, if I get a job for the PC. ;___;

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
adamsappel said:
I must be getting better at the game, I'm starting to get hate messages!

Congrats!

I got my first every XBL "hatemail" last week. Felt good.

damn we stomped em earlier faceless, lol, just crazy how after not playing the 360 version (usually on the pc version), I was able to do so well. I usually suck at it on xbox haha

Mr Nightman said:
damn we stomped em earlier faceless, lol, just crazy how after not playing the 360 version (usually on the pc version), I was able to do so well. I usually suck at it on xbox haha
yeah, we did.

that trend continued all night long!

shoutouts to eight quid, cheerful dub, serpico, adamsappel, and a special shoutout to the pro tube!

smoke launcher kills all night long! even with the UAV!

Top Bottom