• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

CatPee

Church RvB said:
I felt like vietnam was worse for spawn camping too. But I think (in vanillas case) it certainly doesn't help when the enemy can run into your base and steal your chopper.

Also just had one of the greatest AT4 kills of my life. The enemy chopper was circle strafing. I aimed at it with a significant lead as I usually do and fired. As i was continuing to lead my shot I was killed by an infantryman close by. One second later I see +30 vehicle damage, +100 destroyed vehicle, +50 killed an enemy. I freaked out. Basically started hyperventilating at how ridiculous of a kill it was. Three seconds later my medic buddy picked me up.

LONG LIVE BATTLEFIELD.

Pssh, I do this erryday, minus the dying part. >:)

AT4 is godly at picking off bush wookies too, by the way. Actually, it's good for picking off just about anything and everything.

Church RvB said:
I felt like vietnam was worse for spawn camping too. But I think (in vanillas case) it certainly doesn't help when the enemy can run into your base and steal your chopper.

Also just had one of the greatest AT4 kills of my life. The enemy chopper was circle strafing. I aimed at it with a significant lead as I usually do and fired. As i was continuing to lead my shot I was killed by an infantryman close by. One second later I see +30 vehicle damage, +100 destroyed vehicle, +50 killed an enemy. I freaked out. Basically started hyperventilating at how ridiculous of a kill it was. Three seconds later my medic buddy picked me up.

LONG LIVE BATTLEFIELD.
the only enemy base with a chopper in Vietnam is Phu Bai Valley and you can also run in and steal it in Conquest! you need a jeep in Rush though... then again, it's also not worth stealing...

CatPee said:
Pssh, I do this erryday, minus the dying part. >:)

AT4 is godly at picking off bush wookies too, by the way. Actually, it's good for picking off just about anything and everything.

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not excited that I hit a chopper, I'm excited that I hit the chopper even though I DIED. Haha.

I live by the AT4.
And the Rex.
Infantry, Vechilces, you name it, my AT4 demolishes it. Another noteworthy kill off the top of my head; My friend and I had just been taken out of the Chopper by the AA on Bravo on Port Valdez. As I was parachuting over Alpha, I aimed and fired at the AA and continued to track it while descending. That guy had to be pissed.

MrBig

Finally have the time to get back into this. It's my first current gen shooter on PC and it's going to take a lot of getting used to for me. I've just been sticking with medic since I can't snipe with a mouse but I can use the LMGs as single shot weapons and also go fully auto.
Is there any way to play local matches? I'd like to learn to fly the Helicopter without ruining anyone's game. I was a master at it in BC1 on 360 but it is completely different on PC.

Ark

Do you guys all play on PS3?

I need some decent people to play with, my old squad mates moved on to other games and I'm stuck trying to win games with moronic public squads..

My PSN is Arkano6, just say you're from GAF if you add me :)

Oh, and how would I go about getting added to the GAF leaderboard? o_o

MrBig said:
Finally have the time to get back into this. It's my first current gen shooter on PC and it's going to take a lot of getting used to for me. I've just been sticking with medic since I can't snipe with a mouse but I can use the LMGs as single shot weapons and also go fully auto.
Is there any way to play local matches? I'd like to learn to fly the Helicopter without ruining anyone's game. I was a master at it in BC1 on 360 but it is completely different on PC.
just join an empty server, thats what I did

Ark said:
Do you guys all play on PS3?

I need some decent people to play with, my old squad mates moved on to other games and I'm stuck trying to win games with moronic public squads..

My PSN is Arkano6, just say you're from GAF if you add me :)

Oh, and how would I go about getting added to the GAF leaderboard? o_o

Added you man. It'll be good to squad up with some more familiar faces from the boards.

Ark

silentcapybara said:
Added you man. It'll be good to squad up with some more familiar faces from the boards.

Have you got a headset? No problem if you don't, but the game becomes 20% cooler if you do :p

Ark said:
Have you got a headset? No problem if you don't, but the game becomes 20% cooler if you do :p

By jove, I do! I agree that it makes the game much more enjoyable. It's fun to talk to other people and have a sense of relation to them, even if it's just being members of the same forum. And it's fun to scold all the randoms on your team for trying to "snipe" with a tank at the starting spawn.

JonCha

Nothing is more annoying that defending a point, and when it gets armed people continue to sit RIGHT IN THE FRONT of the crate and not disarm it. I have pretty much been carrying my team. No surprise when I had to go away they started to do crap.

JonCha said:
Nothing is more annoying that defending a point, and when it gets armed people continue to sit RIGHT IN THE FRONT of the crate and not disarm it.
Agreed! More times than I can count I've seen a random teammate crouching next to a crate to disarm it, and a good 5 seconds later I've managed to reach it myself and started disarming as well just in case they get sniped... only to find that I'm the one who disarms it and gets the points, and they're still crouching beside me. WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY DOING THAT WHOLE TIME IF THEY WEREN'T DISARMING lol. Fucking randoms haha, the only thing they can reliably do is be unreliable :)

meppi

endlessflood said:
Agreed! More times than I can count I've seen a random teammate crouching next to a crate to disarm it, and a good 5 seconds later I've managed to reach it myself and started disarming as well just in case they get sniped... only to find that I'm the one who disarms it and gets the points, and they're still crouching beside me. WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY DOING THAT WHOLE TIME IF THEY WEREN'T DISARMING lol. Fucking randoms haha, the only thing they can reliably do is be unreliable :)

Same thing happens in conquest.

You always get a couple of randoms that never go near a flag at all.
Instead they go sit in some random place obscured by a bush or some debris and snipe away to boost their kill count.

I'm glad BF3 will include a team deathmatch mode so all these 6th graders have their own mode to play and don't fuck up our games as much as they do now.

I always feel bad when it comes to level up Recon, but then I realised I didn't have to use a sniper rifle! I feel like a right arsehole running about with a shotgun and a ghillie suit blasting people away.

Motion sensors are awesome too for flushing out buildings.

meppi

Well I have to say that I've been having a blast with the Carl Gustav this past week.
Talk about a way to clear a room full of campers. :)

My favourite one would have to be on Heavy Metal in conquest.
I'm at B while there's a chopper whore doing his thing as usual.
I down him with the AA as he's trying to retreat back to A.
He parachutes out and lands on the hilltop in the far distance.
The he suddenly shoots an RPG at me, which completely misses me since it's practically impossible to shoot someone from such a distance.

For whatever reason I go "Oh hell no, you didn't just try to shoot me down with an RPG!" and return the favor just to make my point and show that I'm in no way intimidated by him.
I turn around and head from B as it's being taken over by other people only to hear the kill sound 3 seconds later and see the text pop up that I got him with the Carl Gustav after all. lol
I can imagine he wasn't happy about that. :p

olimpia84

meppi said:
Same thing happens in conquest.

You always get a couple of randoms that never go near a flag at all.
Instead they go sit in some random place obscured by a bush or some debris and snipe away to boost their kill count.

I'm glad BF3 will include a team deathmatch mode so all these 6th graders have their own mode to play and don't fuck up our games as much as they do now.

This is what I hate the most. It's so frustrating looking at the map and seeing blue triangles all around the enemy flag but nobody willing to cap it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
olimpia84 said:
I would add him but I see he's a Rush only player so no :p

It's weird because you see him tapping X all the time..I guess he remapped the controls? Either that or he's fake but somebody from GAF should definitely add him to see if he's real.
Challenge Accepted.

JonCha

Get that guy in a game! Shame I'm on the 360 otherwise I'd be tempted to add him myself.

Going to pop on soon if anyone is up for it. Gamertag is in my profile.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just tried... his PSN Friend List is full.

Ark

Oh wow, I'm 4th on score per minute on the GAF leaderboard. Wasn't expecting that.

I'm on now if anyone wants to join me, Arkano6 is my PSN ID again. I sent out a few requests too.

MrBig

Ugh, I don't have any idea how 64 players will play out in BF3, I can't seem to do much with half that count right now. Just too much going on and it seems I can't do anything. Half the time I get shot the instant I take a show no matter where I am and I have never once been able to win any cqc duels.
This is going to take a lot to get back into.

Also, is there a way to toggle crouch instead of having to hold down control? got the AHK script

meppi

Holy crap, I shot up 13 places on that ranking.

Had no idea. I just realized that I still was at level 39 on the ranking so added my name to the que to update my stats.
Do we need to do this manually all the time or something?

Ark

*sigh*

Once again 95% of my conquest games tonight resulted in our team either spawn camping, or being spawn camped.

There's no competition anymore in vanilla BC2 :(

Just has a pretty sick kill streak awhile ago. Killed 6 guys with my mp-443 pistol as they all rushed through the door. :D. Went 23-7 that round.

Finally reached lvl 34 lol. I'm never gonna reach lvl 50. =/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dreamgazer said:
I'm on a business trip in Florida, so I'll try to update things when I can.

Where in Florida, Dream-y?

Actually, fuck it. I'll PM you to ask that.

Meppi said:

You say that now, but it'll still happen in Conquest and Rush. I guarantee it.

However, on PC I could kick those motherfuckers. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Church RvB said:
What determines the 'skill level'? Is it a behind the scenes true skill-esque thing?

This is all I found on their forums. Sounds kind of weird to me.

D3ATH D3ALER said:
Hi there,

as we found out, the skill level is calculated by how many enemies u kill and which rank they have.

If u kill a high ranked player whos higher ranked than you, your skill level will climb up. If you get killed by an enemy whos lower ranked than you, your skill level will sink.

TheSeks

Skill level on BCBS and DICE's own in game stat is utterly useless. Don't pay attention to it.

And yes, Tomat's explanation is mostly right.

However, I have reached the 200 cap before even though I'm generally 196-198 in skill level, so that made me happy in stat whoring ways

The in-game skill level is useless. Personally I have never fallen below 197.
Doesn't really tell you anything.

BFBCs skill level is not the same as the game's default skill level though.
And generally I would agree that it is useless, but...

k/d is biased toward assaults.
SPM can be manipulated with timing of awards/takes a long time to lower an average.
Skill level seems to be most consistent with how I rate the players (abu and crack on top)

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Skill level seems to be most consistent with how I rate the players (abu and crack on top)

Me toward the bottom.

No, but really: BCBS's skill stat is just as uselesses as DICE. They don't follow DICE's one for good reasons, and don't explain theirs unless Tomat's explination is right, in which case they really do follow DICE's system but not as exact.

It's a pretty worthless stat and "worth" is better measured by teamwork in general than skill level and kdr and stuff like that.

Jas

Good games with Rock and Olimpia this afternoon and Jtrizzy tonight. Sorry about that game on Harvest Day Olimpia I got kicked with 10 tickets left, hope we won. Seems like we were always short handed in those games but still able to win.

Played a game with Rock the other day on Isla, we spawn at our base with 3 tickets left. Didn't think we had a chance in hell but we played it out.

Jet ski over to B, Rock is able to set it, one of the many snipers on our team drops a mortar, we kill a couple of disarmers, now we're down to 1 ticket but able to get the m-com before someone else died. We go on to steamroll them on the next 2 sets of m-coms. Feels good :)

olimpia84

Jas said:
Good games with Rock and Olimpia this afternoon and Jtrizzy tonight. Sorry about that game on Harvest Day Olimpia I got kicked with 10 tickets left, hope we won. Seems like we were always short handed in those games but still able to win.

We ended up winning that game. When we got them down to 10 tickets they started quitting.

Just got LVL 35 after some chopper gunning with a random on on Atacama 1000 Ticket Server, Hardcore.
2011-06-21_00001knkq.jpg

woop woop :)

JonCha

Jas said:

Played a game with Rock the other day on Isla, we spawn at our base with 3 tickets left. Didn't think we had a chance in hell but we played it out.

Jet ski over to B, Rock is able to set it, one of the many snipers on our team drops a mortar, we kill a couple of disarmers, now we're down to 1 ticket but able to get the m-com before someone else died. We go on to steamroll them on the next 2 sets of m-coms. Feels good :)
I do hate that map because it's chopper-heavy, but occasionally it can get pretty hectic like you said.

Do people actually play on the 360? I've got the GAF tag but no-one ever seems to be online.

I'm also online now of people are up for a few games.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
If you do plan on playing BC2 on PC(or in the future), download and setup mumble (takes 5 minutes). We usually play on weekend nights and on some weeknights, we also have communities for more games than just BC2 in the PC-GAF Mumbler Server. :)

I joined the Steam group, anyway.

Hopefully I can get a PC rig for BF3. >_> With the way things are going, I'd just be as likely to jump off a bridge than getting a job at this rate.

Top Bottom