• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Stallion Free said:
So we played some hardcore in the nam maps last night on teh pc and it was loltastic.
Indeed.
2011-06-16_00001ppym.jpg

Was rolling with the M40 somehow...
2011-06-15_00001bofr.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I sniped Cuban out of a chopper he was piloting 3x. Once with an M40 and twice with the shotty using the slugs. Fucking hilarious.

My personal fav was the one where he was actually about to take off and he was stroking the stick between the pilots legs in the chopper and I just headshotted him and stole the chopper.

Yeah I was like WTF LOL

The time you killed me when I was flying the huey around you and next thing I know I'm dead by a slugs shotty made me laugh as well.

olimpia84

Pulled off a comeback on Nelson Bay Conquest with trizzy and ejas; we had 7 people and the other team had 10. For the second round we had 4 and the other team 8. That's fine and I can understand when people quit but I find hard to believe that in the span of 20 minutes nobody joined our team. Fuck matchmaking in this game, I usually don't quit games even if I'm losing by a landslide but I had enough of being in the shorthanded team all day long. Pulling heroic comeback wins is fun but not very good for my health.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Jinaar said:
Can you add JINAAR there? It may get me back to playing on the 360 (level 45??) again, as I am currently playing on the PC and so close to level 22 just now. I do enjoy Vietnam on the 360 alot. Cheers, Tomat!

Added.

Managed to get that Melee Pin tonight for 200 kills as well as the pin for bronze starring all vehicles. Lost a bunch of games though : /

CatPee

DAT BF3 PS3 FOOTAGE

Obviously doesn't hold a candle to master race footage, but looks really good compared to console BC2. Jaggies are nowhere near as bad and I do believe the shadows are somewhat dithered which, considering the quality of BC2's shadows, makes it look a little bit better. Other than texture quality on the character models. BF3 outperforms BC2 by quite a bit. I think console BF3 will turn out pretty well, especially if they keep that framerate as is.

It's still Alpha though, so who knows vOv.

olimpia84

Yeah I wasn't expecting the game to look that 'good'. Graphics will be top notch but the thing that still concerns me is the player count on MP.

V4grant

Neo Member
After first successful event hosted by eXXtreme3D clan [EX3D] (which had some limitation regarding the regions of europe) we are now hosting another sponsored event opened up for ALL EUROPEAN CLANS/TEAMS. without limitations!!

Gather your team, sign up, and WIN YOUR WAY TO BF3!

And off course, visit our sponsor who made all of this possible.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
should have been Brink!

:lol You're joking, right? That would be even worse! Hell, Homefront is just as bad.

At least they can flip it to Gamest--Oh... :(

silentcapybara said:
Any lucky yet? I've been playing some rounds with olimpia, meppie, and mancunian as of lately

i tried to add you earlier this week. psn says you do not exist. but i will try late tonite again

PSN: Renderman017

duracell017 said:
i tried to add you earlier this week. psn says you do not exist. but i will try late tonite again

PSN: Renderman017

Sent you a friend request. Probably put an "I" instead of a lowercase "L" when you entered my name. Silly spelling on my part to get it accepted, because apparently there are numerous SlLENTCAPYBARAs on PSN..

TheSeks

That three monitor set up is sweet, but did you really need to post the big McLargeHuge version of it?

meppi

Don't know what it is but this shit is unplayable right now.

For the last hour, no matter how many bullets I put into someone they don't seem to register at all. Sometimes I get a hit marker and at others I don't, even though I know damn well that it was a hit.
For the first 2 hours everything was fine, but this last one was a waste of time.

I even had rockets fly straight through helicopters and tanks FFS.

Even when I put 5+ bullets into someone and a teammate finishes him off, 1 out of 2 times I didn't even get a kill assist. :-/

Tomat

What do you guys consider to be a good score for a round of Conquest? (One round, now the whole game)

olimpia84

Tomat said:
What do you guys consider to be a good score for a round of Conquest? (One round, now the whole game)

Hard to tell: depends a lot on the level, how good/bad your teammates are and how many people are in your team.

edit: I got post #10,000!!

Tomat said:
any score that also has a +200 for this
kZnHG.png
is a good score.

olimpia84 said:
Hard to tell: depends a lot on the level, how good/bad your teammates are and how many people are in your team.

edit: I got post #10,000!!
halfway to OT3!

TheSeks

halfway to OT3!

Can we make another 10K in time to where Fersis' |OT3| is "SUCK IT CoD6:MODERN WARFARE 2"

Tomat said:

It depends on your class. My best score for Medic was just over 8000 once on Nelson Bay.

But I guess anywhere between 2000-5000 is a good game for me. Keep in mind that some levels start you off with more tickets, so there is no concrete 'good score'. Actually, SPM would probably be a good way to measure instead of final score.

TheSeks

why reference other games in the thread title?

Because our game made it to OT3 and the whole DICE vs ATVI wars and all. :p

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey guys, I just got the game a few days ago, but I'm encountering this really weird bug.

My game is taking in my experience when I'm playing in game, but anytime I go to the My Stats screen it doesn't reflect that I've unlocked anything or even played any games. It's completely blank. But my scores still show up in the leaderboard. I also can't access any of my unlocks.

Any tips on how I can fix this? Playing the 360 version.

CatPee

ZealousD said:
Hey guys, I just got the game a few days ago, but I'm encountering this really weird bug.

My game is taking in my experience when I'm playing in game, but anytime I go to the My Stats screen it doesn't reflect that I've unlocked anything or even played any games. It's completely blank. But my scores still show up in the leaderboard. I also can't access any of my unlocks.

Any tips on how I can fix this? Playing the 360 version.

This is either a problem server-side or something due to your connection where the game fails to update your stats when you first connect. Your stats are still being recorded though so don't worry too much about it. I had this problem too back during launch when my interwebz was even shittier than it is now :(.

Dreamgazer said:
SlLENTCAPYBARA now added to the PS3 Leaderboard.
http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1007580
Any chance you could add me(minhtfresh15) to it too?
Never mind. Just saw my name up there :|.

ZealousD

CatPee said:
This is either a problem server-side or something due to your connection where the game fails to update your stats when you first connect. Your stats are still being recorded though so don't worry too much about it. I had this problem too back during launch when my interwebz was even shittier than it is now :(.

I know it's still recording my stats but I can't access my unlocks either. I just made rank 1 and so i should have the medic kit but the game won't let me access it.

i gotta say... for the first time, i truly felt dirty!

spawn camping the defenders on the last set at Atacama Rush with only A left... ice cold!

and i wasn't even killing anyone, i was the HIND pilot!

spawn camping the defenders on the last set at Atacama Rush with only A left... ice cold!

Spawn rape?
Spawn rape!

And it could have gone on so much longer as well. I loved when they disarmed that crate the first time, I was staring the defender down with the barrel of my tank. He must have been wondering why I wasn't blasting him.

Or when they had to go to our base to get a tank because we took theirs.

Tomat

Literally every single game I've joined tonight:

Other team is chocked full of 50's, our highest level is 30 something
They have all the bases
We're getting spawn camped

Fucking unplayable bullshit.

CatPee

ZealousD said:
I know it's still recording my stats but I can't access my unlocks either. I just made rank 1 and so i should have the medic kit but the game won't let me access it.

You sure? IIRC class-specific stuff such as guns and specializations are unlocked based on Class Levels and the amount of points you have with a class, not by your overall rank. The only things unlocked by rank are the all-kit guns and some specializations.

If that's not the case, then it sounds like an even worse version of the server-side bug where only very few people can get their stats to update correctly and use their unlocked stuff.
You seeing a lot of rank 0s on the match leaderboard?

ZealousD

CatPee said:
You sure? IIRC class-specific stuff such as guns and specializations are unlocked based on Class Levels and the amount of points you have with a class, not by your overall rank. The only things unlocked by rank are the all-kit guns and some specializations.

If that's not the case, then it sounds like an even worse version of the server-side bug where only very few people can get their stats to update correctly and use their unlocked stuff.
You seeing a lot of rank 0s on the match leaderboard?

Seems to be working now. I think I was getting the normal health kit confused with the defib.

spidye

wait a moment. did you play on the ps3?

I would like to join the ps3 leaderboard
psn name: miserere87

meppi

Chriswok said:
laggy servers - boo!

Tell me about it. :mad:

Also, nothing is more fun than playing with a bunch of randoms that decide halfway though a conquest match when we're 60 tickets ahead that they can't play worth a damn shit and start to herp derp at one single spot without even trying to take over a second one.

Better yet, spawn and stay in the same fucking position all the time, doing nothing bot rotate once in a while so the enemies only have to sit in a circle around the camp and pick your worthless asses off one by one.

FFS All of a sudden when I spawned back in the basecamp and headed to A, they realized "oh wow, we don't need to spawn at C where 12 guys with shotguns and motion sensors are waiting for us!"
After they were killed at A, they never even bothered to to that again. SMH

A game like this is only as good as it's community and during the weekends it's 90% pure shit.

Does anyone think that BF3 will have bases like Vietnam? As in, the enemy team can't enter your base. The spawn raping should really be addressed in BF3. It happens often enough to where its an issue.

Also, Vietnam had its fair share of spawn raping too, so obviously just making the spawn inaccessible isn't the only think DICE needs to do.

Church RvB said:
Does anyone think that BF3 will have bases like Vietnam? As in, the enemy team can't enter your base. The spawn raping should really be addressed in BF3. It happens often enough to where its an issue.

Also, Vietnam had its fair share of spawn raping too, so obviously just making the spawn inaccessible isn't the only think DICE needs to do.
Vietnam is worse. in Vanilla, you can still break out, but in Vietnam, having a line that can't be crossed means everyone on the other team is between a breakout and freedom instead of just some of them.

Vietnam is worse. in Vanilla, you can still break out, but in Vietnam, having a line that can't be crossed means everyone on the other team is between a breakout and freedom instead of just some of them.

I felt like vietnam was worse for spawn camping too. But I think (in vanillas case) it certainly doesn't help when the enemy can run into your base and steal your chopper.

Also just had one of the greatest AT4 kills of my life. The enemy chopper was circle strafing. I aimed at it with a significant lead as I usually do and fired. As i was continuing to lead my shot I was killed by an infantryman close by. One second later I see +30 vehicle damage, +100 destroyed vehicle, +50 killed an enemy. I freaked out. Basically started hyperventilating at how ridiculous of a kill it was. Three seconds later my medic buddy picked me up.

LONG LIVE BATTLEFIELD.

Top Bottom