• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

ultron87

So I tried to play a bit of this on PC yesterday since all the BF3 coverage gave me a hankering.

I can't tell if it's the game or I just became suddenly terrible at PC FPSes, but I feel like I can't shoot accurately at all in this game. In general, I feel like unless someone is either standing still or is at incredibly close range I can't manage to get enough rounds on target from the basic Assault class rifle to kill them with a single clip. This is incredibly frustrating to me.

Are the starting weapons just super terrible or something? Because they feel that way right now. Or maybe I'm just terrible, I dunno.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
ultron87 said:
So I tried to play a bit of this on PC yesterday since all the BF3 coverage gave me a hankering.

I can't tell if it's the game or I just became suddenly terrible at PC FPSes, but I feel like I can't shoot accurately at all in this game. In general, I feel like unless someone is either standing still or is at incredibly close range I can't manage to get enough rounds on target from the basic Assault class rifle to kill them with a single clip. This is incredibly frustrating to me.

Are the starting weapons just super terrible or something? Because they feel that way right now. Or maybe I'm just terrible, I dunno.
It's not you, don't worry.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Stallion Free said:
It's not you, don't worry.
The starting Assault Rifle is gawdlike.
And i looove the Medic second LMG.

The starting AR for assault is the XM8 right? That is what I use all the time when I play assault. It's either that or the M16.

We did have some good wins last night. My personal fail moment of the night was sinking the Apache on Port Valdez defense. I was trying to dodge some AA fire and just went for a swim. I hate flying or driving anything. I can do it, but I am a much, much better gunner.

ultron87

Darkshier said:
The starting AR for assault is the XM8 right? That is what I use all the time when I play assault. It's either that or the M16.

It's the AEK-971. I feel like I can't hit shit with it.

These sights don't help:

692px-AEK971BC2IronSights.png

ultron87 said:

the AEK-971 is a beast. it's you.

Darkshier said:

We did have some good wins last night. My personal fail moment of the night was sinking the Apache on Port Valdez defense. I was trying to dodge some AA fire and just went for a swim. I hate flying or driving anything. I can do it, but I am a much, much better gunner.
that 3rd set defense on Valdez was crazy!

"faceless, where are you, come fly this chopper"
'i'm in their base waiting on the tank to spawn'
*T-90 spawns*
*steals T-90, hotfoots out of enemy base, shooting BMD on the way out*
'got what i came for!'

and they never got it back...

CatPee

ultron87 said:

Firing in bursts/single-shots is your friend. NEVER fire full auto unless you're a foot away from the enemy.

ultron87

CatPee said:
Firing in bursts/single-shots is your friend. NEVER fire full auto unless you're a foot away from the enemy.

Hmm, that's probably what the problem is. I'll try to keep this in mind next time I play.

I also might mess with some of the setting for aiming sensitivity, since it never felt "right" to me.

Thanks.

ultron87 said:
Hmm, that's probably what the problem is. I'll try to keep this in mind next time I play.

I also might mess with some of the setting for aiming sensitivity, since it never felt "right" to me.

Thanks.

With the AEK, firing in burst of two while aiming at the chest will get you alot of headshots since the bullets kick upwards. It's one of my favorite weapons actually.

Inferno313 said:
I've had this on PS3 since shortly after it came out, but never got too deeply into it due to school and such. I've been meaning to get back into it. Is there a group of Gaffers that play this on PS3 still? I have a mic.

Edit: Doh, my PSN ID is: SOGInferno.

Yeah theres a ton of PS3 players. Ill add you myself. But admittedly I'll probably be playing more Assassins Creed 2 more for a while.

TheSeks said:
-
Also moved my PS3 pre-order to a PC pre-order at Gamestop. Sorry PS3 GAF. :(

How could you do this to us....get a slim and call it a day! SLIM! I know the money is a big problem but wait it out for the PS3GAF amazingness.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
xKilltheMx said:
How could you do this to us....get a slim and call it a day! SLIM! I know the money is a big problem but wait it out for the PS3GAF amazingness.

Paying $250 to get less for something I paid $500 + a PS3 Slim for in repairs (PS2 BC, Linux) is something that doesn't sit well with me.

If I ever get a GODDAMN JOB *anger* I'll pay the $150 to get Portal 2 out of my PS3, finish that up on the repair PS3, finish Uncharted 3 and then I'm done with the PS3 for a while.

TheSeks said:
Paying $250 to get less for something I paid $500 + a PS3 Slim for in repairs (PS2 BC, Linux) is something that doesn't sit well with me.

If I ever get a GODDAMN JOB *anger* I'll pay the $150 to get Portal 2 out of my PS3, finish that up on the repair PS3, finish Uncharted 3 and then I'm done with the PS3 for a while.
I know how you feel, my old 60 gb broke probably about 2 years ago and I just got a slim this past november. It hurts so much to lose the BC, but with time the hurt fades. Kind of messed up that if they do fix it it'l break again anyway but I guess them's the breaks. Well if you decide to hope back in ps3gaf will welcome you back.

p.s I never got my copy of splintercell chaos theory out of my 60 gb, it's sitting under my bed right now - crying =(

GenericUser

so, for something completely different ...

been playing bfbc2 for a couple of weeks now and i think i finally found my role in the game. I am the tank driver guy. I love that feeling of fear and panic you can create if you kinda show up with your badass tank in times where your enemy expects and can handle it the least.

so incredible satifsying. I know that i am not especially gifted in gaming, but last week there was a match on port valdez where me and my tank practically won the round by killing 19 guys in a row and only dying once (most of them where tanks or choppers). Man, what a thrill! Standing at the fronlines, like a fortress, not giving away any inch of ground and kinda stop wave after wave, wooooow!

There was a nice trifecta played on PS3 GAF today. Meppi, Mancunian, and myself were a part of a particularly great comeback. Can't wait to keep the ball rolling on PS3. Take it easy fellas!

meppi

silentcapybara said:
There was a nice trifecta played on PS3 GAF today. Meppi, Mancunian, and myself were a part of a particularly great comeback. Can't wait to keep the ball rolling on PS3. Take it easy fellas!

Yeah that comeback was something special.
We were at least 40 tickets behind at one point, when the opposition was double choppering us.
But after blasting a couple of helicopters out of the sky with tank rounds, as well as recapturing 2 bases and constantly fighting for the 3rd one while blowing up tanks left and right, we somehow were able to recover and win that round. :)
After that we dominated for the rest of the evening.

Both of us were playing rather badly I have to say.
Normally when there's a tank around, Mancunian hits that shit until it isn't a problem anymore, but he was struggling at times to even hit the damn things.
Can't say I was much better, far from it. Had a bit of problem seeing the screen at times as well since I'd come from an early shift at work and thus had been awake for 20+ hours before staring our session.

The very first game, before you joined was just awful. A rush map where we just couldn't seem to do anything at all.
Thought it would be like that for the whole evening since Fridays tend to be horrible at times. But once we changed to conquest, things quickly picked up. :)

Enron said:
I'm on break/studying for CPA
Sek's ps3 is dead
Faceless ps3 is dead -> back on 360
AbuC is on break
evolved is on break/school
AzRim is on break
Crack got life to deal with
JM is playing other games
todahawk is on break.
memorycure has been gone since his ban
you and SSJ play at random hours.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Sek's ps3 has fallen

And won't get up at this rate. *SMH at job market*

I think I'm going to ask for a PC for my birthday in the next two months. But I need to see the BF3 beta recommended stats (that come out a month after my birthday) before I can do that. STRIFE.

I miss out on Uncharted 3, but I get GODLY EYE MELTING GRAPHICS in return with HARDWARE THAT WON'T DIE (*knock on wood*) IN A YEAR.

TheSeks said:
And won't get up at this rate. *SMH at job market*

I think I'm going to ask for a PC for my birthday in the next two months. But I need to see the BF3 beta recommended stats (that come out a month after my birthday) before I can do that. STRIFE.

I miss out on Uncharted 3, but I get GODLY EYE MELTING GRAPHICS in return with HARDWARE THAT WON'T DIE (*knock on wood*) IN A YEAR.

All hardware die.
You just have the luxury of taking it out and replacing them with PC.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
All hardware die.
You just have the luxury of taking it out and replacing them with PC.

This is true.

Besides, my Mac Mini PPC is going on about 6-7 years old. It's been time to take it out back and put it to Server work and jump on some new hardware. BF3 just gives me a reason to jump back on the Windows (SMH</*NIX nerd>) train.

I'm still angry the goddamn thing died a year after I paid $150. First Sony product to do that. Even my PSP's UMD drive hasn't fucking died after I paid that much to get it fixed.

Last night on Isla Innocentes defense, the regular 360 gaf crew got crate bashed. We were kinda stunned when it happened to the first crate and they managed to push us all the way back to the last set. Once they didn't have blackhawks to c4 and we had our chopper in the sky, they stood no chance. Now queue about 4-5 hours of straight up crate bashing by us in return, it was murder. It was the first time I have c4'd crates this year I think and it was working almost as well as it used to, Lol. We never usually have to resort to such tactics, but man, that guy set us off and our c4 was merciless all night.

Almost forgot another highlight for the night. Twice we played Harvest Day and each time on defense I managed to get the other teams CAV. I drove that thing around with my good buddy Bo gunning and it was awesome. I felt like we were the Duke Brothers smashing in the General Lee. We were hitting mean bombing runs on the frontlines hitting all kinds of jumps across that field. Chasing down quad bikes, errant snipers and even flanking some tanks and showing them the power of the CAV.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
SAI-GA!

Platinum.

Shotguns. *SMH*

Darkshier said:

CAV throws me off too much. I can't use it worth a damn and the passenger seat to the right of the pilot is too "locked" for the machine gun to be effective. :/

TheSeks

Completely off topic but: Nabs, GGPO is working now! I dunno what the hell was fixed, but it's now letting me log in. Do you want to play a few rounds sometime?

Darkshier said:
Last night on Isla Innocentes defense, the regular 360 gaf crew got crate bashed. We were kinda stunned when it happened to the first crate and they managed to push us all the way back to the last set. Once they didn't have blackhawks to c4 and we had our chopper in the sky, they stood no chance. Now queue about 4-5 hours of straight up crate bashing by us in return, it was murder. It was the first time I have c4'd crates this year I think and it was working almost as well as it used to, Lol. We never usually have to resort to such tactics, but man, that guy set us off and our c4 was merciless all night.
dont start no shit wont be no shit! they want to C4 the blackhawk? FINE!

Almost forgot another highlight for the night. Twice we played Harvest Day and each time on defense I managed to get the other teams CAV. I drove that thing around with my good buddy Bo gunning and it was awesome. I felt like we were the Duke Brothers smashing in the General Lee. We were hitting mean bombing runs on the frontlines hitting all kinds of jumps across that field. Chasing down quad bikes, errant snipers and even flanking some tanks and showing them the power of the CAV.
moment of the night for me had to be on Laguna Presa 2nd set, C4 Bradley? whaaaaat?!?!

TheSeks said:
Shotguns. *SMH*
2 down, 3 to go. SPAS-12 is up now!

The Faceless Master said:
moment of the night for me had to be on Laguna Presa 2nd set, C4 Bradley? whaaaaat?!?!
Hahaha!!

Moment of the night for me was on the first set of Isla, landing the blackhawk in front of Alpha to block it, then switching to the minigun and taking out anything that moved. The blackhawk was perfectly intact the whole time the crate was going off, then I casually switched back the pilot's seat and took off. I felt Like Neo shooting up that office from the chopper to save Morpheus, LOL.

Later, at the last set B crate, there isn't really a spot to land the blackhawk to block the enemy so I just landed on top of the crate, hahaha. They ignored the chopper and tried to go for the crate but couldn't disarm it, lol.

Nabs

Dude, I was hardcore stream monster-ing all night. I'll be down to play tomorrow or sometime this week.

ultron87

Making sure to fire in bursts with assault rifles totally works! I can kill stuff now! Yay!

Now to just unlock a red dot sight and I'll be happy. (I guess some of those fancy specializations would be nice too).

Soma

Is it just me or is tracer darting anyone using a UAV in the face (so they have a huge glowing blob in their sights) hilarious as shit?

xclaw

moonspeak said:
Is it just me or is tracer darting anyone using a UAV in the face (so they have a huge glowing blob in their sights) hilarious as shit?

It's more fun, for me to christmas tree up the wookies sitting two spawns back with the 12x out. At least until they get the point and move up to where the fight is. I've never had a problem with UAV pilots yet tho....

moonspeak said:
Wait, putting a dart in the face of the guy at the control module will obscure their view?

TheSeks

moonspeak said:

No. Learning to C4 ATV the UAV when it isn't expecting it's ATV to "return to sender", suicide and taking out three people near the UAV station is hilarious as shit.

<3 Faceless for showing me that.

TheSeks

Nabs, my boy: Let's play some Third Strike and I'll lose!.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I have dropped to the bottom of the 360GAF leaderboard. I am no longer fit to manage it.

olimpia84

Props to ejas, renderman and marce for hanging around. We lost at least 4 matches in a row because we fought against two level 50s clans (Atacama base rape included, I finished with 3 kills and 17 deaths)....SMH stupid matchmaking.
However, those are my favorite matches to play although I almost lost my mind (good thing I didn't have my mic on)...so close on beating them twice only to see our 'amazing' random teammates fuck up in the end.
I swear, most people don't have a clue on how to play Conquest and for some reason we always get paired with them.

Jas

olimpia84 said:
Props to ejas, renderman and marce for hanging around. We lost at least 4 matches in a row because we fought against two level 50s clans (Atacama base rape included, I finished with 3 kills and 17 deaths)....SMH stupid matchmaking.
However, those are my favorite matches to play although I almost lost my mind (good thing I didn't have my mic on)...so close on beating them twice only to see our 'amazing' random teammates fuck up in the end.
I swear, most people don't have a clue on how to play Conquest and for some reason we always get paired with them.

Yeah, those are the matches I enjoy the most too. I thought we had the 2nd game on Harvest, that one hurt.

Not sure what is going on but the past couple of days I keep getting dropped from games and kicked back to the main menu. I played the PC version for a couple of hours yesterday and didn't have any issues, meh.

CatPee

I would've stuck around, but I spent the entire day at work yesterday on 2 hours of sleep (first day of work at my first job too >_<) so I desperately needed some rest.

Top Bottom