• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Kyaw said:
I have it installed and have GAF server on the list too.
Just need to get in at the right time.

When do you guys play?
I'm in UK. (GMT+1)

I don't know if we have a time line... we just play.

We usually hang out on Tea time and decide from there.

JonCha said:
I do hate that map because it's chopper-heavy, but occasionally it can get pretty hectic like you said.

Do people actually play on the 360? I've got the GAF tag but no-one ever seems to be online.

I'm also online now of people are up for a few games.
peeps are playing every day!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
TheSeks said:
Skill level on BCBS and DICE's own in game stat is utterly useless. Don't pay attention to it.

And yes, Tomat's explanation is mostly right.

However, I have reached the 200 cap before even though I'm generally 196-198 in skill level, so that made me happy in stat whoring ways

Might change what the leaderboard is sorted by in that case. Not sure what we should go with though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nothing, since the stats are absolutely meaningless in the big picture.

W/L ratio since Faceless will own everyone in the face on both platforms with his 7+ win streaks.

Tomat

No, Faceless will never be at the top of the 360GAF leaderboard. I'll keep changing the sort orders.

TheSeks

Tomat said:
No, Faceless will never be at the top of the 360GAF leaderboard. I'll keep changing the sort orders.

:lol Biased against him.

Tomat said:
Might change what the leaderboard is sorted by in that case. Not sure what we should go with though.

Well obviously Recon Score is the best way to rank every one.

SPM would probably be the most fair, but even that isn't indicative of skill

Tomat said:
there's only one sort order that matters...

360_faceless360.png

ps3_faceless360.png

40mm Smoke Launcher kills.

ALL HAIL THE PRO TUBE!

TheSeks

thezerofire said:
I just picked up this game last week. I'm having fun, even though I'm pretty shit at it.

So long as you aren't dying too often on attack and are helping your team, it doesn't matter.

TheSeks said:
So long as you aren't dying too often on attack and are helping your team, it doesn't matter.
a lot of the time I can't find anybody, or just can't see them. I'm on xbox btw, which is where my friends with the game play. and my computer can't run it.

Tomat

Keep at it, you'll get used to it soon enough. Try out Conquest instead of Rush, you get more room to move around in.

I haven't played Rush in a looooong time.

MrBig

I got the 12x scope and now I know how it was possible to be killed so easily with it. Still not too great at sniping because it seems as though the steps in my mouse are to large to do precise movements.
CatPee said:
Also, am I the only one who likes both Rush and Conquest equally? :(
Ya, I don't understand the competition. They're just two different gametypes to me. I usually join servers that have both.

CatPee said:
<3 AT4 <3

Also, am I the only one who likes both Rush and Conquest equally? :(

Everytime I join a rush match I think to myself 'this will be fun, I really enjoyed that one time ...etc'

One minute into the game, 'I FUCKING HATE RUSHHHHH!!'

Pete Rock

I wish conquest was more fun on consoles, I really do, but the maps are generally poorly laid out relative to past titles and the disparity in player skills plays into that in the worst ways. Chopper rape on Atacama, etc.

The skill level on BFBCS is mysterious but seems to have a disposition towards K/D, or at least that's my assumption as my SPM has been about the same for three months while my K/D has crept up from 1.5 to 2 and the skill level seems to fluctuate around those updates. If I go medic and roll for a few games with a 1.1 or even (gasp) 0.8 K/D and update the next day my score will take a big hit.

Long way to say yeah, it's kind of irrelevant. If I had to pick I'd probably go with "team score" as that seems to reflect a better ranking order and what we all like BF to be about, team tactics!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I was having a kickass Conquest match with about 5000 points and ... DISCONNECTED.
DICE !!!!

CatPee

Fersis said:
I was having a kickass Conquest match with about 5000 points and ... DISCONNECTED.
DICE !!!!

Server probably died due to too much awesomeness.

And yea, I agree on going with Team Score for the leaderboard. Hell, maybe even Squad Score too to show how much of a team player people are.

CatPee said:
Server probably died due to too much awesomeness.

And yea, I agree on going with Team Score for the leaderboard. Hell, maybe even Squad Score too to show how much of a team player people are.

Unfortunately I disagree.
1)
Team score is going to be biased toward people with longer playtime.
If you sort the PS3 leaderboard by teamscore, then abu would be kicked out of the top 5, evolved would drop in place, and killthee would be 2nd to last.

Squad score would be the same.

2)
There are really good "team-leading" players who are weaker on the team actions/score(ex: abu)
A (team+squad)/overall score ratio also wouldn't work since that would put Sekoku and I above Abu, and the two of us really aren't.

Again, my only rationale for picking SPM is because it seems most consistent of how I rank the players personally (granted I should be a bit lower and evolved, dan higher.)

I think it's more helpful for the regulars to decide which "ranking" category is closer to how they see the players and find some form of consensus from there.

Kyaw said:
I have it installed and have GAF server on the list too.
Just need to get in at the right time.

When do you guys play?
I'm in UK. (GMT+1)
Sorry to have missed you today. If you have Steam, add me: cuban_legend. And I will notify you of when we play while in the GAF Mumble Server

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
A (team+squad)/overall score ratio also wouldn't work since that would put Sek and I above Abu, and the two of us really aren't.

SPEAK. FOR. YOURSELF. I can lead teams now and then, but I generally am looking out for the good of the team/squad and pushing for points to have spawns than anything. >:|

I can play Assault Dick and Sniper Dick and Medic Dick if that's how you want me to be. >:|

The OP is great, I just learned a few tips I hadn't known about.

I have a quick question about C4. Why does my soldier have a noodle arm that throws the C4 only about 6 feet? I was trying to throw a charge from the double door garage at B on Arica Harbor to the balcony above. Even trying hopping+throwing didn't seem to work, the highest it stuck was just below the balcony railing. Is there a trick or is this for balance?

nismogrendel said:
The OP is great, I just learned a few tips I hadn't known about.

I have a quick question about C4. Why does my soldier have a noodle arm that throws the C4 only about 6 feet? I was trying to throw a charge from the double door garage at B on Arica Harbor to the balcony above. Even trying hopping+throwing didn't seem to work, the highest it stuck was just below the balcony railing. Is there a trick or is this for balance?
aim up 45° or so, move forward, immediately press throw, wait a split second, then jump. you have to time it so that your release is at the peak of the jump, like a jump shot in basketball.

The Faceless Master said:
aim up 45° or so, move forward, immediately press throw, wait a split second, then jump. you have to time it so that your release is at the peak of the jump, like a jump shot in basketball.

Cool, I'll give that a shot. I get thrown off with how you can't "charge" a C4 toss like you can in COD.

GodofWine

Dumb question from a new PS3 user (new to BF, not PS3)...

If you are playing with more than 4 friends, can you still talk to them in game...or is squad chat the limiting factor.

I know its been beaten to death on the web, but there needs to be a push to talk for team chat in BF3....

vixlar

GodofWine said:
Dumb question from a new PS3 user (new to BF, not PS3)...

If you are playing with more than 4 friends, can you still talk to them in game...or is squad chat the limiting factor.

I know its been beaten to death on the web, but there needs to be a push to talk for team chat in BF3....

The game itself allows to squad chat only. In Xbox360 we use parties for total communication. In PC they use mumble or ventrilo or something like that. It is really a nuance that there is not proximity chat, in-vehicle chat or some kind of direct communication between squad leaders.

GodofWine

vixlar said:
The game itself allows to squad chat only. In Xbox360 we use parties for total communication. In PC they use mumble or ventrilo or something like that. It is really a nuance that there is not proximity chat, in-vehicle chat or some kind of direct communication between squad leaders.

Sucks that if you are playing with 4 additional friends, one is screwed out of voice chat with the others on PS3.

CrankyJay

Banned
Mr Nightman said:
am 46 on one account, and level 11 on my second account, thats how much I love the game :-D lol

Been up until 3 am the last two nights playing...getting up at 7am for work. Work is suffering. LOL.

edit: Any reason for a second account?

TheSeks

CrankyJay said:
edit: Any reason for a second account?

Trolling lowbies, because he can't troll highbies. ;)

God of Whine said:
Sucks that if you are playing with 4 additional friends, one is screwed out of voice chat with the others on PS3.

Not that big of a deal. Learn your team mechanics and you'll roll without talking.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr Nightman said:
am 46 on one account, and level 11 on my second account, thats how much I love the game :-D lol
Did you start a second account so you wouldn't be kicked from the noob servers that kick players with a high rank?

Tomat

I'm still having a really hard time dealing with Helicopters on the 360. Getting a tracer on them is like an act of god, and even then, you still have to actually HIT them with a CG or RPG.

Need tips GAF.

TheSeks

Tomat said:
Need tips GAF.

Here's what you do:

1) Put the controller on the floor
2) Put your head between your knees
3) CRY. Because there is no proper counter for helicopters on consoles and DICE knows this.

Tomat said:
I'm still having a really hard time dealing with Helicopters on the 360. Getting a tracer on them is like an act of god, and even then, you still have to actually HIT them with a CG or RPG.

Need tips GAF.

1)Ask yourself do you really need to kill the chopper?
Is the chopper pilot really that good that the team would instantly die if ran out of cover?
Is the chopper really a threat to the team capturing objectives/flags, etc?

If you answered no to any of the above questions, then it's best to just ignore the chopper.
Chopper on air = 2 or more people not on ground.

This is especially important in Conquest, where choppers really aren't as deadly or important compared to Rush.

However, if you start to fear the chopperget obsessed with it - then you're already losing half the battle by not focusing on objectives.

I hardly bother with tracer + rocket loadouts at all.

Trust me, alot more games can be won if you just pretend the chopper isn't there.
most pilots out there are not that good anyway.

TheSeks said:
SPEAK. FOR. YOURSELF. I can lead teams now and then, but I generally am looking out for the good of the team/squad and pushing for points to have spawns than anything.

So can I, but you would really rank yourself above abu?
I should just take the leaderboard down and say "EVERYONE IS AWESOME IN PS3GAF" to avoid arguments.
(
you're going to tell me faceless #1 and then you're #2 aren't you?
)

Don't bother trying to hit them without a tracer dart unless they're pretty much right in your face and you have a clear shot. I feel most chopper pilots follow a pattern so most times it's pretty easy to hit them with a tracer dart and take them down afterwards. Also, remember when you actually plant the tracer dart, to aim at the little square until numbers show up. Took me awhile to realize that was the only way to actually "trace" them.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Had some great Conquest matches with Rockscar,HuntingBeast,Ejas and freminth something. (First time i play with him)

Top Bottom