• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Ark

KD: 1.94
W/L: 3.0
Skill Level: 531

Top 5 weapons:

M16A4 @ 1858
PKM LMG @ 1456
SV98 @ 1385 (902 headshots)
M60 LMG @ 1352 (I feel ashamed for using this gun)
AN-94 Abakan

Do I win? :p

I seriously can't believe people are arguing over stats in Battlefield, I had enough of that in CoD.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:
??? Not that I'd expect you to admit it yourself, even though I'm sure you noticed it: but my metric of skill is that your "stats" are overly dependent on your "Carl" usage, when my stats are dependent on 3 guns before a rocket-weapon that someone could maybe considered a "carl on infantry" equivalent.
I'm sorry, let me ignore that the M60 is your number one weapon.

Ark

Stallion Free said:
I'm sorry, let me ignore that the M60 is your number one weapon.

His top 3 weapons are pretty much the epic 'nooby' weapons, but in his defence at least they're all within 40 kills of each other.

Having said that, your second weapon is the M60 with just a few less kills. Doesn't really make you any better either.

K/D:1.46
W/L:6.83

Top 5 weapons:
MG36: 1514 kills
M60: 1486 kills
G3: 1348 kills
M60 Vietnam: 1293 kills
AN-94: 1270 kills

The M16 SPECACT and SCAR-L aren't that far behind either. As for the carl, I have 528 kills with it and my best k/d ratio is with the engineer class. I think that has more to do with multiple kills when destroying vehicles than it has to do with the Carl. Some people are good with the Carl no doubt. I have never thought it was overpowered like the m60 though.

Pete Rock

Stallion Free: 11.68 posts per day
Cuban Legend: 4.33 posts per day

Assuming parity in other areas of concern, you're at least twice as annoying in regards to frequency, congratulations.

Those stats might not be anything to be proud of, but having CG as your #1 weapon is really bottom of the barrel no matter what platform. Hurf durf balance/dice/demize doesn't really excuse that any day of the week.

Ark said:
His top 3 weapons are pretty much the epic 'nooby' weapons, but in his defence at least they're all within 40 kills of each other.

Having said that, your second weapon is the M60 with just a few less kills. Doesn't really make you any better either.
Bingo.

The reason the M60 and the UMP45 are my top weapons is because my top classes by points are the Medic and the Engineer since in Battlefield I'm a team player first and second, a wannabe assault sniper @ 3rd, and know how to aim a slow laser guided rocket at vehicles @ 4th.

Stall, what does your glaring usage of your Carl say? All I've got to say is that the general consensus on the Carl is that it's "*shoot it and run away" playstyle while being OP'ed on infantry makes it THE noob-friendly weapon of BC2.

*akin to set-it-and-forget-it

Stallion Free said:
I never said it did.
You did. You posted those stats after I asked you "what makes you say?" this:
Stallion Free said:
I'm better at the game than you, u mad?

Stall... quit digging your grave and go back to hating on Demize99 while you enjoy the fruit of his Game (im)Balance decisions. Double Standards ebing your thing and all. I mean, I like calling out people who have no reasonable way you wiggle out of an argument with a ridiculous point of view such as yours, but at the end of the day we're fr- oh fuck it I GOT ALL DAY SON

The Faceless Master said:
AT Mine: 3,355
Hand Grenade: 2,195
C4: 2,008
Knife: 1,518
M24: 1,017
That is just stupid and puts everyones weapons stats to shame. 3k+ at mine kills get the fuck outta here. Your 2k+ c4 kills are also impressive, but not as impressive as your 86,077 (just 360 version) bricks of C4 thrown down! Jesus Christ, that is enough C4 to blow up the whole damn world.

meppi

AT Mine: 2,457
Grenade: 1,393
Knife: 1,147
C4: 1,090
AN-94: 995

Thats more like it. :)

Just for fun:

G3: 3 596
GOL Sniper Magnum: 1 023 (not by playing coward sniper BTW ;p)
Knife: 905
RPG-7 AT: 494 (and yes, those are 95% due to taking out tanks/choppers and other vehicles :p)
MP-412 Rex:454

Bonus:
Repair Tool:
repairs: 1923
kills: 20
time: 8h 36m

meppi

Ark said:
Quickscoping/assault sniper wookie is best wookie.
Indeed, feels incredible as well. :)

The tension of knowing that if you screw up your shot, you're pretty much fucked is rather addictive and probably to blame for my laughable K/D ratio.
Then again my running for a crate whenever I think I have a chance when random teammates just don't budge plays a huge part as well. ;)
I guess that's one of the leftovers from playing so much KZ2MP and doing anything and everything to get the objective taken care of.

Ark

Nothing feels better than running straight into the enemy and quickscoping 5 guys, the pulling out the pistol and killing 2 more guys, and knifing another guy :)

And of course, the adrenaline filled reactions when a guy appears outta nowhere and you scope his ass down in half a second, then the rage message comes even quicker!

Sanjay

Cuban Legend said:
What makes you say that? Go ahead try me.

Team stats
Name Wins Loss W/L Ratio
Attacker 277 106 2.61
Defender 93 324 0.29

What the hell Cuban, how do you have a 0.29 win ratio for Defenders, good Attacker ratio though.

And stop killing your team mate's:- Teamkills:93

Like how is that even possible.

One things for sure with this stats fight, you are the best when it comes to killing your team mates and to switch teams when Cuban is defending, it's guarantee win and then switch back when your attacking.

Oh and when people post stats, guys should mention if their PC or consoles. They tend to be a vast difference between the two.

CatPee

I wanna play too!

K/D: 1.35 (44,097/32,710)
W/L: 3.7 (2266/612)
Skill Level: 541

Top 5:
Knife: 2451
M1A1/M1 Garand combined*: 2287
M16A2/SA: 2063 (They're the same gun anyway :p)
G3: 1273
Uzi: 1092

I'm obviously the winner.

*I still used the M1 back while the bug was there and all stats transferred to the M1A1 instead, hence the platinum. In reality, there should be under 25 kills for the M1A1.

Sanjay said:
Team stats
Name Wins Loss W/L Ratio
Attacker 277 106 2.61
Defender 93 324 0.29

What the hell Cuban, how do you have a 0.29 win ratio for Defenders, good Attacker ratio though.

And stop killing your team mate's:- Teamkills:93

Like how is that even possible.

One things for sure with this stats fight, you are the best when it comes to killing your team mates and to switch teams when Cuban is defending, it's guarantee win and then switch back when your attacking.

Oh and when people post stats, guys should mention if their PC or consoles. They tend to be a vast difference between the two.
- I always was bad at defending
- being a medic like me is almost always the key to winning as Attackers
- The Team kills = Hardcore + making mistakes, something You Nabs and Stall know nothing about unless it's COD.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I shall join this rage infused circlejerk.

K/D: 1.38 (5,777/4184)
W/L: 3.09 (398/129)
Skill Level: 439 (This and my W/L ratio has dropped since I joined BFBCS...)

Top 5:
MP-443 - 499
AKS-74U Krinkov - 237
G3 - 205
M60 LMG - 185
M24 Sniper - 138

Sanjay

Cuban Legend said:
- I always was bad at defending

Why are you bad at defending though? we already know your bad at defending by the ratio alone, but we don't know why.

Your a medic right, the team player, your vip to the team when it comes to attacking but defending do you just not revive people or something? would assume medics would find life way easier when it comes to defending.

Cuban Legend said:
- The Team kills = Hardcore + making mistakes, something You Nabs and Stall know nothing about unless it's COD.

Yeah we pretty don't know nothing about killing team mates in BC2. Not really a fan of hardcore mode in battlefield games either, it goes against the true battlefield experience.

Ark

Sanjay said:
Why are you bad at defending though? we already know your bad at defending by the ratio alone, but we don't know why.

Your a medic right, the team player, your vip to the team when it comes to attacking but defending do you just not revive people or something? would assume medics would find life way easier when it comes to defending.

Very few people know how to defend in BC2. A lot of the time it comes down to just getting stuck at a choke point, such as the penultimate rush base in Valparasio, if the entire enemy team is hauled up on the hills, and your team sucks, there's no way of getting through there without a miracle charge (which do happen).

Kyaw

Good games tonight guys.

We pretty much raped every map we played on.
Loved the Blackhawk domination on Valparaiso.

Sanjay said:

Yeah we pretty don't know nothing about killing team mates in BC2. Not really a fan of hardcore mode in battlefield games either, it goes against the true battlefield experience.
-When Defending I usually go engineer and try to plant AT mines and use my AT4 on tanks and choppers approaching, or assault sniper to try and use C4 on those vehicles while VSS'ins the infantry, its (obviously) not as effective for point-whoring as a medic but I'm a team player and my teams never usually win on Defending...

-You cant kill your teammates in Normal BC2, you have to play Hardcore for Friendly Fire to be off.

Kyaw said:
Good games tonight guys.

We pretty much raped every map we played on.
Loved the Blackhawk domination on Valparaiso.

That euro Server felt like I was playing on a VHS with tracking issues. :lol

Anyone who has the Rex and the AT4 in their top 5 is ok by me.

Conversely, anyone who has the USAS in their top 5 is a dirty piece of shit and they deserve to die.

Sanjay

Cuban Legend said:
-When Defending I usually go engineer and try to plant AT mines and use my AT4 on tanks and choppers approaching, or assault sniper.

Wait you switch classes? some team player you are now and you still have to ask your self why you don't win as defenders. Just guess, pretty obvious now.

Cuban Legend said:
-You cant kill your teammates in Normal BC2, you have to play Hardcore for Friendly Fire to be off.

Yeah I understood this the first time you mentioned it, my retort was my preference that I avoided hardcore servers because it's not the true battlefield experience. You wouldn't understand unless you played battlefield games back in the old days.

Jas

Good games Hunting and Rock. Sorry I didn't use my mic much I had people over and thought it would be too noisy in the background.

Game froze twice on me in a span of 5 minutes on White Pass, boo!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This whole thread is everyone being mad.

AN-94 2,388
AKS-74U 1,430
(M60 goes here, but let's ignore that since I did that before the nerf)
XM8 Prototype 981
M249 943
GOL Sniper Magnum 865

U MAD? I love my Russian guns. <3

AT Mine: 2,457
Grenade: 1,393
Knife: 1,147
C4: 1,090
AN-94: 995

What is up with all this indirect warfare? Afraid to get your hands dirty? Need to kill things from a safe distance? Stabbing people in the back?

Not me, I need to see the whites of their eyes! k/d be damned!!

M14: 1469 (before the gun could be equipped w/ scopes)
Type 88 LMG: 1337
PKM: 1283
PP-2000: 1047
M1: 1019

how can you not like Quality Revives?
Only players with sophisticated tastes can admire the beauty in a Quality Revive™.

bean breath said:
What is up with all this indirect warfare? Afraid to get your hands dirty? Need to kill things from a safe distance? Stabbing people in the back?

Not me, I need to see the whites of their eyes! k/d be damned!!

M14: 1469 (before the gun could be equipped w/ scopes)
Type 88 LMG: 1337
PKM: 1283
PP-2000: 1047
M1: 1019

Only players with sophisticated tastes can admire the beauty in a Quality Revive™.
it's the Ronco system of combat, set it and forget it!

K/D: 1.50 (23,423/15,617)
W/L: 5.71 (1760/308)
Skill Level: 655

Top 5:

VSS Snaiperskaya Special - 4187
MG3 - SPECACT - 2307
XM8 Compact - 1407
UMP - SPECACT - 1060
PP-2000 Avtomat - 1026

Jas

My top 6 weapons.. (since the M60 was overpowered)

UZI -10,919
M60 LMG - 3,619
M416 - 2,846
PP-2000 AVTOMAT - 1,286
UMP-45 - 1,198
M95 SNIPER - 1,114

UZI whore 4 Life!

CrankyJay

Banned
Anyone ever have problems with the PC version crashing to desktop whenever they click to join on a server? This is happening intermittently for me.

I just updated my video card drivers and updated punk buster and hope that solves the issue.

CrankyJay said:
Anyone ever have problems with the PC version crashing to desktop whenever they click to join on a server? This is happening intermittently for me.

I just updated my video card drivers and updated punk buster and hope that solves the issue.
I've been experiencing crashes to desktop quite frequently as well, cannot figure out what it is either, annoying nonetheless

CrankyJay said:

There are a lot of issues like this caused by PB and things interacting with PB. If it keeps happening, you should try searching the official BFBC2 forums.

Spl1nter

Top 5

1. GOL Sniper Magnum - 4319
2. M24 Sniper - 3321
3. SV98 Snaiperskaya - 2456
4. M9 Pistol - 1846
5. AN-94 - 1773

782 Surveillance Ops Pins
(1 Pin = 5 Motion Mine Assists)

I think they refer to me as a wookie.

Conceptor

W/L Ratio:1.35

I'm happy with my w/l ratio! Since that's all that I really care about with my PC perf. being what it is lol.

When we all move onto BF3, what I certainly won't miss one bit is Nabs' epic parachuting-from-a-copter rocket launcher or knife kills on me. EVERY FRIGGEN TIME.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Church RvB said:
Do you spawn as Engineer first every time (On maps with tanks), lay your mines, then switch gear/classes after you die?

On the maps that are smart to do it (Arica, Port, Laguna), why the fuck wouldn't you outside of seeing 10+ Engineers with mines laying down? It's the smart gameplan to scare the enemy/make them hesitate on taking the vehicles.

Church RvB said:
Do you spawn as Engineer first every time (On maps with tanks), lay your mines, then switch gear/classes after you die?
not just Tank maps, i also do it on Laguna Presa and Atacama Desert first set to get the boats and speedy vehicles. Sometimes on Isla Inocentes as well... especially if the attackers are using the blackhawks as crate attacking taxis.

Do you guys have any favorite spots for AT mines?

I think Panama Canal is the best map for AT mines. Specifically between D and C. There is a lot of ruble on the ground automatically and many land vehicles. Also, if you can sneak into the enemy base you an just put AT mines under the tanks or in front of the bases. Laguna Presa isn't too bad either with all the water, but sometimes its expected.

Top Bottom