• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

CatPee

Patrick Bateman said:
Is the VIP package really worth the 10 bucks? Still thinking about if I should get it for PS3. :eek:
Map count for each mode gets boosted from 4 to 10 each, so it's definitely worth it, especially if you wanna play with us PS3GAF gods.

dominikabra

Neo Member
Mr Nightman said:
buy it now, and you will have it for a future pc lol

You can end up buying a game you won't be able to play in a while, and when you can, it's been totally abandoned when BF3 comes out, for instance...

JJD

Hey guys, JJD_ITBA here! My account has finally been validated! My days as a lurker are over!

I've been playing with PS3 Gaf squad for quite some time, and if it wasn't for you guys I would have given up on BC2 a long time ago. I had only one friend who used to play the game pretty occasionally, so I played basically with randoms, and it was getting boring.

Last year I saw Faceless on a game and I decided to send him a friend request since I recognized him from the thread. After adding him I added almost everyone from the Gaf platoon, so big thanks to everyone that accepted an obscure friend request, since I wasn't a gaffer!

When I started playing with you guys I was at lower 30's lvl. and now I'm at 49, half the way to 50. I still can't believe I've logged more than 300 hours on a single game.

Thanks for the best times at an online game I've ever had. I'll be rocking my GAF Clan tag proudly from here to BF3 and beyond! :)

JJD said:
Hey guys, JJD_ITBA here! My account has finally been validated! My days as a lurker are over!

I've been playing with PS3 Gaf squad for quite some time, and if it wasn't for you guys I would have given up on BC2 a long time ago. I had only one friend who used to play the game pretty occasionally, so I played basically with randoms, and it was getting boring.

Last year I saw Faceless on a game and I decided to send him a friend request since I recognized him from the thread. After adding him I added almost everyone from the Gaf platoon, so big thanks to everyone that accepted an obscure friend request, since I wasn't a gaffer!

When I started playing with you guys I was at lower 30's lvl. and now I'm at 49, half the way to 50. I still can't believe I've logged more than 300 hours on a single game.

Thanks for the best times at an online game I've ever had. I'll be rocking my GAF Clan tag proudly from here to BF3 and beyond! :)

Hey man, glad to see you on the boards.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dominikabra said:
You can end up buying a game you won't be able to play in a while, and when you can, it's been totally abandoned when BF3 comes out, for instance...

>Implying 0 players is going to be playing BC2 PC when BF3 PC comes out
>laughingwomen.jpg

If a game as old as Q3A (12+ years) is able to have 10+ players in multiple servers despite a tournament offshoot that's free to play having a majority of players, BC2 will be fine.

JJD said:

1g9fL.jpg

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Heyo. Work is about to get crazy, but I'm determined to get as many pins a patches as I can before I have to take a break from the greatness of BC2. My question is, "where is the best place and match type for getting the two sea vehicle kills". It's the only pin I have left to get... :/

olimpia84

JJD said:

I always thought you already had an account but never posted (like rockscar). Welcome to the boards. It's always fun playing with you on Conquest, I remember we had a bunch of epic comebacks.

CatPee

Loved the bit when you jumped out of the low chopper. I was in 3rd person view so I saw you drop and went limp :D. The small rant afterwards was the best though.

Soma

YESSSSSSSSS

Got my first Platinum tonight with my trusty GOL!

I'm so happy :'D

might go for the M416 platinum soon since that's the next closest one I have to platinum.

midramble said:
Heyo. Work is about to get crazy, but I'm determined to get as many pins a patches as I can before I have to take a break from the greatness of BC2. My question is, "where is the best place and match type for getting the two sea vehicle kills". It's the only pin I have left to get... :/
Vietnam

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:

Yeah, Vietnam's made boat kills crazy easy to get if you have a good pilot and V WARHEAD due to the PBR being completely broken.

TheSeks

Schmattakopf said:
Any particular map?

Any map with the PBR, but the start attackers of Cao Temple (IIRC) has two PBRs. If you're fast in taking them, you can shut down the front defense while the rest of the attackers go for the crates.

Really, the only thing you need to watch out for is snipers that can snipe you out of the seat or the pilot due to the fact that the PBR is pretty much broken and anyone abusing it well can shut down areas easily if they dodge rockets and take out engineers/snipers as needed.

TheSeks said:
Any map with the PBR, but the start attackers of Cao Temple (IIRC) has two PBRs. If you're fast in taking them, you can shut down the front defense while the rest of the attackers go for the crates.

Really, the only thing you need to watch out for is snipers that can snipe you out of the seat or the pilot due to the fact that the PBR is pretty much broken and anyone abusing it well can shut down areas easily if they dodge rockets and take out engineers/snipers as needed.

Conquest Hill 137 is another great PBR rape map. There's only one PBR that spawn at B and if you and a teammate can get it, you essentially hold half the map and Bravo down for the whole game. PBR is a beast. PWC and Patrol boat suck ass.

JJD

olimpia84 said:
I always thought you already had an account but never posted (like rockscar). Welcome to the boards. It's always fun playing with you on Conquest, I remember we had a bunch of epic comebacks.

You know, being a new player to Battlefield I played mostly Rush. After I started joining your games I started to realize how awesome Conquest is! I love some maps like Panama, Heavy Metal, mostly vehicle intensive maps! By the way Olimpia don't you like Vietnam? Phu Bai and Operation Hastings are amazing Conquest maps! I don't really care about the others, but these 2 are as good as Panama in my opinion! We should round up a bunch of gaffers and terrorize the Vietnam servers...

JJD said:
Thanks! When your sabbatical from the game's over? We need a good squad leader!

Whenever I'm done with the CPA exam.
I don't want to touch the game until then. Cause the last time I fell for the urge I just played for 6-7 hours straight.

urgh >.>

LogicStep

I got this game on the summer sale and it looks fantastic. I'm having a problem though. After the first part of the game, when you start playing for real in the snow stage. After I ambush the passing troops and walk up to the next spot where a cut scene happens, my game just goes black, it doesn't load the cut scene and I can't do anything, esc doesn't work, the game is basically stuck there. If I go to the task manager the game shows as running.

Steam hasn't finished downloading the game though maybe that has something to do with it? It's at 96% done but I figured I would try to play it anyways. Will this stop happening once the game is done downloading?

TheSeks

Possible. You really shouldn't play games until they're completely downloaded as a rule of thumb.

LogicStep

TheSeks said:
Possible. You really shouldn't play games until they're completely downloaded as a rule of thumb.
I know, it's just that I had a friend over and he wanted to see it so I figured it wouldn't hurt to hit play and see what happens. I'll wait and see if it works after it's done downloading.

Edit: The game finished downloading and it still freezes at the same spot. Another thing I forgot to mention was that the game seems to be missing some sound effects. During the first part of the game I was not hearing any vehicle sounds or gun reloads. ;s

JJD

Dreamgazer said:
Whenever I'm done with the CPA exam.
I don't want to touch the game until then. Cause the last time I fell for the urge I just played for 6-7 hours straight.

urgh >.>

Ha! Good luck with your exams, please be back before BF3. My W/L ration dropped a notch since you quit. We need your medic/recon to hold our bases on defense! Lol.

By the way, I had this amazing Rush game with Rock and Catpee on Cold War a couple days ago!

3 vs. 3, all players lvl. 50 or close, we were defending.

On the first base they managed to get Bravo pretty quickly as we prioritized defence on Alpha, since it's not on a collapsable building. The problem is they began to spawn on our backs and had a free view of the crate position. We were in the open with less cover that way. We managed to hold then until they had 20 something tickets, then they got smart. 2 guys came from the opposite side suppressing us and trying to get close to the crate, and the other spawned on their camp and managed to flank us, he killed Rock and Cat and stabbed me in the back.

On base 2, both crates were in the open, so I tried to stay in the middle of the town center, behind the little garden were I had some cover and had both crates on my line of sight. Rock stayed closer to bravo, inside a building while Catpee hunted the attackers without mercy the whole game. They managed to get Alpha easily,with 50 plus tickets. I was killed with the UAV, they armed the crate and holed in the buildings defending it.

Then the fun started.

I changed from Assault to Medic to revive my teammates, Rock continued throwing motion sensors like a madman while Cat feed us ammo and hunted the attackers kamikaze style, flanking then from the sides while we defended. They armed the crate a couple times but always one of us managed to survive and disarm it. They even killed the 3 of us once and then armed, I thought we were fucked, but we managed to come back, wipe then all and disarm the damned thing.

One particularly great moment from me was one of the times they managed to arm the crate, Rock and Cat killed both the attackers and were shot down trying to disarm it, I couldn't revive then because they were in the open.

I tried disarming the crate, but the remaining guy started shooting me from a concealed position, I backed out, grabbed Rock's sniper kit, thrown a motion sensor were I thought the shoots were coming, and found the guy on the second floor of a building. I couldn't snipe him, and if I tried to gun him down with the medic's SMG he would probably kill me since he was at higher ground and had better cover, so in desperation, the crate's siren going louder and louder I grabbed an attacker assault kit, switched to the grenade launcher, aimed the best I could between the enemy fire and BOOMMM! Window destroyed, 50 points for me, he was down!!! I managed to disarm the crate while the guys spawned on me giving me cover! All this, the arming, killings, deaths and kit swapping happened in like a little over 1 minute! It was quite intense!

We managed to hold then out the rest of the game, sometimes barely, and by the end it no building standed on the town centre. We brought they all down. It was one of the most, tense, intense Battlefield games I ever had!!!

Say what you will about small games, but on infantry maps, with great teammates and good opponents they can be marvelous!!! I even send the attackers a compliment!
He told me to fuck off, Lol!

I swear to God, BF3 most needed feature is the damn theather mode. As soon as these amazing Battlefield moments start popping on youtube and everywhere else it's over for Call of Duty!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
JJD said:

YES !!
Congrats bud!

TheSeks

Yeah, if BF3 doesn't have theater mode in by default, I'm going to be disappointed
And using FRAPS *PCtrollface?*
. So disappointed with Sony and their hardware pulling a 360 on me. :(

For ps3 players: Does the sound ever cut out in the game for you and when you quit out, it freezes and restarts the system? It has happened a few times lately.

TheSeks

eternaLightness said:
For ps3 players: Does the sound ever cut out in the game for you and when you quit out, it freezes and restarts the system? It has happened a few times lately.

You can't simply continue to play without the audio cues? WEAK.

I know the rest of PS3 GAF have had that bug, but I've never heard of it restarting their systems. Probably because they deal with it.

eternaLightness said:
I have had the audio glitch many times and the frostbite freeze. Not both at the same time though. When you do get the audio glitch, go to the in-game sound options, then to whatever your specific setting is. Usually it is War Tapes, switch that back and forth between the different choices and the sound should come back. Much better than having to restart the system.

This game has a ton of glitches though. Kicking to the main menu, kicking to the dashboard, frostbite freezes, and my favorite the "You Lost" screen. Just a few of the most annoying ones. Hopefully Battlefield 3 fixes that shit.

Just got this game on PS3, had it originally on 360 but ended up selling it, I think it was because one of the patches really annoyed me in what it changed, but I've been craving some Battlefield lately so I rebought it and well the game is amazing. Just a few questions

Is the VIP pack worth 10 euro? It was pretty shitty when I had the 360 version but it looks much better now

How are Onslaught and Vietnam? Never really paid attention to them so no idea if they're good or not

vixlar

Shorty11857 said:
Just got this game on PS3, had it originally on 360 but ended up selling it, I think it was because one of the patches really annoyed me in what it changed, but I've been craving some Battlefield lately so I rebought it and well the game is amazing. Just a few questions

Is the VIP pack worth 10 euro? It was pretty shitty when I had the 360 version but it looks much better now

How are Onslaught and Vietnam? Never really paid attention to them so no idea if they're good or not

Well, the VIP pack is 50% percent of the game. If you bought the game new, it should include a code for VIP. Without that VIP you can only play in four maps.

I haven't played Onslaught, but they say is a good Apache trainer.

I like Vietnam. There's no UAV and you can destroy choppers easily, but the boats are a pain in the ass. There's no proximity mines and there's no Carl Gustav, so the engineers are not "explosive snipers". My only complaint is that there are only 5 maps. The xp points you do in Vietnam are shared with vanilla, and it looks for compatible weapons for your stats. E.g: the knife, the 870 sohtgun and the rpg 7 share the same score in vanilla and vietnam.

ultron87

Finally unlocking the defibrillator for Medic made me enjoy playing this game waaay more.

It seems stupid how long it takes to get it. I had given up on medic for awhile.

Magnum ammo being an unlock still pisses me off though. It sure is a great idea to give everyone that's played the game past a certain point a 25% advantage in all firefights.

Goddamnit, I'm at level 11 or 12, but I need that little extra damage, so I can snipe fools from kilometres away with my M24.

What's the purpose of those silver- and gold-versions of weapons?

ultron87

Stallion Free said:
When you finally unlock magnum ammo you are gonna realize you don't really need it.

Yeah, I'm sure it doesn't change much in most situations. There is just nothing more frustrating than losing a firefight with the other guy having ~10% health when he had Magnum ammo and you didn't (and don't in fact have any specializations, because this game hates starting players).

BigAT

Yeah, as someone who has just started playing this game, I was pretty surprised to see how brutal the progression system is. I feel like I've been plugging away for a good amount of time now and I'm still only level 6 or so. It's even worse since the game seems to restrict away some surprisingly basic items when you first start playing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BigAT said:
Yeah, as someone who has just started playing this game, I was pretty surprised to see how brutal the progression system is. I feel like I've been plugging away for a good amount of time now and I'm still only level 6 or so. It's even worse since the game seems to restrict away some surprisingly basic items when you first start playing.
I don't think Dice could ever explain that decision logically.

I think the SV98 Snaiperskaya may now be my favorite sniper weapon. I've never really liked that kind of scope before, but I seem to play better with it than the others.

eternaLightness said:
I think the SV98 Snaiperskaya may now be my favorite sniper weapon. I've never really liked that kind of scope before, but I seem to play better with it than the others.
I'm a big fan, but I haven't unlocked anything after it yet

ultron87

Patrick Bateman said:
I don't get why you don't start with a medkit or defi. Or at least a medkit..

Yeah, it is mildly insane that when you start the game and you pick the medic class you can't actually heal anyone.

If Medic started with Med Kit/Defib, I never would've spent a bunch of time playing Assault.

It wasn't that big of a deal @ release, since every PC gamer who bought at release got the VIP pack and got those unlocks from the start.

It doesn't take too long to play to get those weapons/attachments if you don't have them from the start.

Top Bottom