• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

-Silver-

Mikasangelos said:
in which aspect, the Apache or snipers? LOL
The Apache, I've been sniped on a few occasions.

Flying the UAV into the chopper is also good. IF you can do it. From what I know the Apache flies faster then the UAV no to mention that the UAV gets a nice red rhombus line around it.

Is it me or has the past few weeks of BFBC2 been a rubber band AI haven? Every god damn game I get hit by that shit a good 10 times.

scogoth

BigAT said:
Is there a GAF Steam group or any other sort of GAF community for people that are still playing the PC version?

Get on mumble and join BC2 and if no one is there go into tea time. Cuban Legend, Sanjay, Spl1nter, etc. still play just got to hop on and see whos playing.

BigAT

scogoth said:
Get on mumble and join BC2 and if no one is there go into tea time. Cuban Legend, Sanjay, Spl1nter, etc. still play just got to hop on and see whos playing.
Spl1nter? Ew, never mind.

CatPee

The more I play, the more I love the masterrace Smoke Launcher. More effective than a shotgun at close range, useful for insta-killing bastard knifers, AND amazing at headshotting enemies behind rocks with its drop. Truly the best weapon in the game.

First time I made someone angry. I kept killing him. :(
Uxb2e.png

Since I got this game used, I don't have the VIP-code.
Is it written seperatly on a card that comes with the game and what is in this VIP-pack? I can't find it on the Playstation store.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How's the population on PC Vietnam servers? I've uninstalled BC2 a while ago and don't know if I should buy the expansion pack - is it too late now?

Keiician said:
How's the population on PC Vietnam servers? I've uninstalled BC2 a while ago and don't know if I should buy the expansion pack - is it too late now?
It's not very populated, but even at the low points, there's a few full servers.

Keiician said:

Last time I played I had maybe 10 or so servers with sub 100 pings on the browser (I'm in Alabama, might be different for you). I had it set to filter out empty and hardcore servers so that might have had something to do w/ it.

CatPee

Patrick Bateman said:
Is it written seperatly on a card that comes with the game and what is in this VIP-pack? I can't find it on the Playstation store.

Try the in-game store and see if it's there. $10 is the price, I believe.

Miggytronz

Patrick Bateman said:

yeah load up the game, go to store. Buy and download the VIP ACCESS. DONE. Enjoy playing BC2!

Yesterday was the first time I shot someone with the M24 out of a flying chopper.
Another funny thing on another map with a chopper was, to sneak to the enemy airfield and wait for enemies to get into the chopper and then shoot them one by one.

meppi

Fucking hell.
3 tickets left to go and first Olimpia crashes and then I do as well. :mad:

Always the same thing when a game is actually fun.
Doesn't seem to happen when a game is complete BS. Then it goes on for a whole evening without a hitch.

Funny thing on Harvest day.
We were in a tank and only have 30% or so left.
I see a sniper mount a stationary that is about one meter from us, so I jump out and stand right in front of it as I try to stab him. That doesn't work so he shoots, killing me and committing suicide in the process.
But the tank survives as planned! :D
Cue spawn as engineer and fix it and move on.

Jas

meppi said:
Fucking hell.

Doesn't seem to happen when a game is complete BS. Then it goes on for a whole evening without a hitch.

I see a sniper mount a stationary that is about one meter from us, so I jump out and stand right in front of it as I try to stab him. That doesn't work so he shoots, killing me and committing suicide in the process.

Thank You :)

I froze on the White Ass game with 1 ticket left :(

meppi

Jas said:
Thank You :)
You're welcome. ;)

I laughed my butt of when I saw him kill himself like that and even moreso when I saw the tank still standing. :)

Jas said:
I froze on the White Ass game with 1 ticket left :(

Well that makes all 3 of us then. Damn.
Had a terrible night last night playing with Mancunian11.
It was friday night, so I was kinda expecting as much since all the lamers seem to come out every single Friday.
We had a couple of great matches with two Dutch guys that are on my FL, then we all got kicked to the menu screen.
They left and we searched for another conquest game. First one was lots of fun, but then, as usual 2 clans joined the opposite side and started playing like complete tossers. SMH.
Guess padding a K/D ratio is a lot more important than having a good and competitive match than everyone on both sides can enjoy.

Like the ones we just had actually.
Seems like those kind of games are starting to become very rare though. :(

spidye

meppi said:
Fucking hell.

oh. I think I've played on the same server as you guys. miserere87 is my psn name.

Prezhulio

so i've put about 30 hours into multiplayer on ps3, but the steam sale today has me tempted to double dip and get bfbc2+vitenam for $10.

quick question though: did they every bring onslaught mode over to pc? i never bought the dlc on ps3 but i'd like to try it out...i'm not seeing it though

I was looking for a good server for beginners, i don-t want to ruin everyone else´s game wondering like an idiot on the field.

Also is there a place with a tutorial for the game basics?

Hopefuly someone can lend a hand here :D

Nabs

Refreshment.01 said:
I was looking for a good server for beginners, i don-t want to ruin everyone else´s game wondering like an idiot on the field.

I wouldn't stress out over stuff like that. Just join any server, join a squad, and learn the basics. There are servers for new players, they should have something about it in the title.

BC2 is $5 over at Steam if anyone wanted to double/triple dip.

Nabs said:
I wouldn't stress out over stuff like that. Just join any server, join a squad, and learn the basics. There are servers for new players, they should have something about it in the title.

BC2 is $5 over at Steam if anyone wanted to double/triple dip.
Well thanks i guess. Is any server that pops on the list secure, i mean are there any security reasons to be concerned about?

I think its 7 U.S. not 5, maybe im mistaken. Amazon had it at 5.

Sanjay

Refreshment.01 said:

Play with Cuban Legend when he's defending. It's a really good guide for new comers of how not to play.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Refreshment.01 said:
Well thanks i guess. Is any server that pops on the list secure, i mean are there any security reasons to be concerned about?

...No?

*HACKERSCANTURNYOURCOMPUTERINTOABOMBANDEXPLODEITFROMMILLIONSOFMILESAWAY.jpg*

Sanjay said:
Play with Cuban Legend when he's defending. It's a really good guide for new comers of how not to play.
Ok, i'll see if i come a cross some of the people of the forum :D
TheSeks said:
...No?

*HACKERSCANTURNYOURCOMPUTERINTOABOMBANDEXPLODEITFROMMILLIONSOFMILESAWAY.jpg*
Thanks for the relief friend, i'll sleep better tonight altough one eye stays open.

meppi

olimpia84 said:
Wait, so we all three crashed on that White Pass game at the last second? Hopefully we won.

Yep, one right after another it seems.

Would surprise me if they lost the game without us with just one ticket left, even if they were able to arm the final mcom.
After all, the opponents weren't abusing the medic system or anything.

CatPee

meppi said:
Yep, one right after another it seems.

Would surprise me if they lost the game without us with just one ticket left, even if they were able to arm the final mcom.
After all, the opponents weren't abusing the medic system or anything.

Sounds like another server explosion due to too much awesome. No one won. :X

So i just picked up the vietnam pack for pc with the ea sale. I have everything on origin. When I goto play vietnam or bc2, it seems like my graphics card messes up but when I exit the game everything is fine. I have a HIS H487FN1GP Radeon HD 4870 1GB card.

meppi

Looks like it. :-/

Sheesh, what a piece of shit that WoD clan was.
Nothing but Gustav and shotgun abusing whores even on maps without vehicles. So much fun. SMH

TheSeks

Mr Nightman said:
buy it now, and you will have it for a future pc lol

This, but I bought mine at retail for $20 and not on Steam. >_>

Oh how I wish I had a PC to play BC2 right now instead of waiting for my birthday. *siiigh*

TheSeks said:
This, but I bought mine at retail for $20 and not on Steam. >_>

Oh how I wish I had a PC to play BC2 right now instead of waiting for my birthday. *siiigh*
in due time man, just imagine that first experience booting the game up, hopping into multi, and having the game running at a nice 60fps, as well as all the eye candy, lol

Jas

Patrick Bateman said:
Is the VIP package really worth the 10 bucks? Still thinking about if I should get it for PS3. :eek:

You'll get kicked anytime a map comes up that you don't have. It's not just Oasis, Harvest Day, Heavy Metal and Cold War either. Maps like White Pass on Rush will get you kicked too.

I know someone that was in the same position as you, they actually returned the game used and bought it new since the difference was less than $10.

TheSeks

Mr Nightman said:
in due time man, just imagine that first experience booting the game up, hopping into multi, and having the game running at a nice 60fps, as well as all the eye candy, lol

I saw the eye candy. In glorious 5 frames per second!

Patrick Bateman said:
Is the VIP package really worth the 10 bucks? Still thinking about if I should get it for PS3. :eek:

Cold War and Harvest Day is worth the $10 alone. So, <Commander Shepard voice>Yes. It's my favorite shooter on all of the PS3</Commander Shepard voice>.

meppi

Well lets hope frostbite 2 is able to render 150% more awesome, cause the BC2 code clearly wasn't build with such an amount in mind. ;P

Top Bottom