• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

What's the best way to take down helicopters?

A squad really bitched on me and my friends last night by having someone constantly repairing a blackhawk while it sat a good distance off cutting people apart.

We hit it with numerous rpg's but couldn't drop it.

scogoth

king picollo said:
What's the best way to take down helicopters?

A squad really bitched on me and my friends last night by having someone constantly repairing a blackhawk while it sat a good distance off cutting people apart.

We hit it with numerous rpg's but couldn't drop it.

Tracer, launch 2 rpgs at the same time. Or mortar it if they are landed and not moving, that'll get the engie to stop repairing it.

I'm about to buy the PC Base Game and Vietnam (I used to have the PS3 version), at least until BF3, I assume the game is still getting heavy play among PC users and it's not a ghost town or anything?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
I'm about to buy the PC Base Game and Vietnam (I used to have the PS3 version), at least until BF3, I assume the game is still getting heavy play among PC users and it's not a ghost town or anything?
No, no Battlefield games on PC are ghost towns.

There is an excellent map in BF2: Special Forces called Ghost Town though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What ping do you guys usually play at? I'm getting 150ms-250ms and I occasionally lose 1v1 that I feel I should've won.

Is it just me or is my ping too high?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Pankaks said:
What ping do you guys usually play at? I'm getting 150ms-250ms and I occasionally lose 1v1 that I feel I should've won.

Is it just me or is my ping too high?
The netcode is shit. It is in all Dice games. It was horrific in BF2.

JJD

meppi said:
Should be able to play a lot more the coming weeks as I have 2 weeks off starting tonight. :D

That's great! I'm tired of playing with randoms on late hours! Olimpia used to play at the same time but now it's only on the afternoon, Blue is online sometimes as is Catpee!

Gordon0Freeman said:
So I'm basically an exclusive COD player despite all the cheap shit and camping that goes on in the series. And I decided to buy BFBC2 Ultimate addition to get my feet wet and warmed up for BF3 (never played a battlefield game until 3 days ago)..... and holy shitfuck i love this game and will no longer be playing black ops as much! From the Squads, the class system, destrcution, the fucking sound, it all just feels like I'm playing a war movie like black hawk down or saving private Ryan. Feels damn good too, like I just lost my virginity.

Welcome to the family!!! :)
Which system? Add some gaf guys and have fun!

Stallion Free said:
No, no Battlefield games on PC are ghost towns.
Really, wow, I'm happy I haven't got the game yet. I was expecting the normal, it's decent by and large.

I'm kind of surprised. I figure it wouldn't fall over until BF3 comes out.

Damn, it's really a nice change from the COD style and I was looking forward to it on my PC.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Really, wow, I'm happy I haven't got the game yet. I was expecting the normal, it's decent by and large.

I'm kind of surprised. I figure it wouldn't fall over until BF3 comes out.

Damn, it's really a nice change from the COD style and I was looking forward to it on my PC.

Joke post?

U2NUMB

Gordon0Freeman said:
So I'm basically an exclusive COD player despite all the cheap shit and camping that goes on in the series. And I decided to buy BFBC2 Ultimate addition to get my feet wet and warmed up for BF3 (never played a battlefield game until 3 days ago)..... and holy shitfuck i love this game and will no longer be playing black ops as much! From the Squads, the class system, destrcution, the fucking sound, it all just feels like I'm playing a war movie like black hawk down or saving private Ryan. Feels damn good too, like I just lost my virginity.

This post makes me so happy.. add in some good team mates who you know and you enter beast mode. Working as a squad together is epic.

Welcome to the other side..

Oh and pick up Vietnam.. it is like a whole new game within the game. Well worth 15 bucks. And I have recently converted some of my COD friends over and they found that Vietnam was MUCH friendlier to them as far as getting used to BF.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have no idea, I really don't know anything about the number of PC Users playing the BF titles. I figure play numbers would be reasonable till BF3.
They still be reasonable after BF3 unless EA pulls the master server.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, I just didn't realize you were joking. lol

I'm guessing you haven't seen my numerous:

>HE THINKS BATTLEFIELD IS DYING!
>LAUGHINGWOMEN.jpg

Posts? Numerous times to the question you have proposed since it's been asked NUMEROUS times by people in this thread?

PC games don't die easy, and besides, BC2 is only 1 year old. Worry about population when it goes on 2-5 years.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Played Rush for the first time in over a year last night... it's so damn hard to have fun in that gametype. It's incredibly hard to win.

Defense is alright, the level of crazy surpasses Conquest so that's pretty fun. Attacking on the other hand...

I know I'm terrible at it, but god damn, Conquest is just too appealing in comparison.

CatPee

But Attacking is easy... just distract the enemies with some vehicle goodie like a Blackhawk or tank, then arm the MCOM and stick a C4 on it. Automatic +350.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Tomat said:
Played Rush for the first time in over a year last night... it's so damn hard to have fun in that gametype. It's incredibly hard to win.

Defense is alright, the level of crazy surpasses Conquest so that's pretty fun. Attacking on the other hand...

I know I'm terrible at it, but god damn, Conquest is just too appealing in comparison.

It's the exact opposite for me, I can't stand conquest (at least in BC2). I always end just running from point A->B and then back to A because no one was defending it and then back to B etc etc. Just not very fun for me.

meppi

This shitty coding is starting to piss me off to to no end.

Having incredible games, shooting down 9 choppers on one set along with waves of enemies. -> get kicked to the menu screen.

Next game, do basically the same thing but add 3 patrol boats and even more crap, being nearly 4000 points ahead of everyone else. -> crash the system.

FFS

Xux

So I played this for the first time in a couple months. Got first or second on my team each Rush round. Gold starred the G3, Tommy Gun, and Hand Grenade. Have to run Recon every time 'cause people don't seem to realize that there are people going for the MCOM's without Motion Sensors.

meppi

Xux said:
So I played this for the first time in a couple months. Got first or second on my team each Rush round. Gold starred the G3, Tommy Gun, and Hand Grenade. Have to run Recon every time 'cause people don't seem to realize that there are people going for the MCOM's without Motion Sensors.
Spotting them works as well. ;)

meppi said:

Having incredible games, shooting down 9 choppers on one set along with waves of enemies. -> get kicked to the menu screen.

Next game, do basically the same thing but add 3 patrol boats and even more crap, being nearly 4000 points ahead of everyone else. -> crash the system.

FFS

You hit the kill screen.

I hope with BF3 they do a big expansion like BC2's Vietnam. I'd pay another 40-60 bucks for a BF3 2142 addon.

meppi said:

FFS

It's hilarious that it's always the good games. And this is really no made up "gamer-talk"..

Xux

nismogrendel said:
You hit the kill screen.

I hope with BF3 they do a big expansion like BC2's Vietnam. I'd pay another 40-60 bucks for a BF3 2142 addon.

That's what that Karkand expansion is; it's separate like Vietnam.

nismogrendel said:
You hit the kill screen.

Fuck that. Expand the game, instead of creating a small game that you need another game to play.

meppi

Patrick Bateman said:
It's hilarious that it's always the good games. And this is really no made up "gamer-talk"..
It really does seem to be that way. Very weird.

Those last few games sure were fun. :)
Got an error after the last one about being signed out of PSN after it hanging while trying to send a message.
But I really needed to take a break anyway.
Think I'm gonna watch Secret Sunshine right now. It's been on my DVD pile for a bit too long for my liking. ;)

eternaLightness said:
I just pulled off my longest Marksman Heashot. +232.

I know a spot where you can get +500 I did it 4 times in one game. (I think +500 is the most you can get)

One Arica Harbor Rush, wait till the Attackers are on the last set in the double construction site. You (as a defender) go to the towers near the first set of mcoms. +500 It's fucking insane.

abuC

Church RvB said:
I know a spot where you can get +500 I did it 4 times in one game. (I think +500 is the most you can get)

One Arica Harbor Rush, wait till the Attackers are on the last set in the double construction site. You (as a defender) go to the towers near the first set of mcoms. +500 It's fucking insane.
No offense but I wouldn't want someone that does that on my team.

questionmark said:
Allow me to be a little more blunt, people like RvB are the reason I fucking hate rush most of the time.

Damn guys, I play Conquest 5 times more than Rush. My friend showed me that spot. It was fun to do it and get a +500. I don't go to wookie mountain every game. :p

I'm playing on the PC version...

Anyone else seem to have that "Black Screen" bug where the screen goes black for periods of time while they're playing?

I can't seem to figure out what the problem is?

My setup is as this:

i7-860 @ 4.0
DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600 8-8-8-24
2x 6950 unlocked to 6970 at 880 / 1375 (works fine for all other games, it's not the cards being unlocked or overclocked as this bug seems to happen to others)
G.Skill Falcon 2 HD
Corsair AX850 PSU

i can't seem to find a fix to this on the net ANYWHERE... some say disable vsync, some say disable bloom, some say it's ATI, some say it's Nvidia exclusive (it's not cause I've got ATI cards), some say it's Crossfire (it's not it still happens when I have Crossfire disabled), I just cannot figure out how or what is causing this, but not everyone gets the problem...

It's so annoying because I always get into a really good situation or spot and then it goes black and I die and loose a good opportunity. It's not hugely common, but common enough to be FRUSTRATING AS FUCK!

I mean, I played a bit here and there in the past, but lost my save and my account so started again recently and actually got really serious into this time, I damn well LOVE the game - I dunno if the maps are all that great being corridors and all, BF2 is definitely a much MUCH better game so I'm hoping that BF3 has some better maps on the account of the corridors and spreads the fighting out which it seems to be sounding like it's doing, and the destruction is a bit gimmick, and bullets don't break shit like they should which all sounds like it's being fixed, but this game is EXCELLENT. I'm prepping myself for BF3 here basically. I've got a flight stick and throttle as well (disappointing that I can't invert specifics on the joystick because the throttle is the wrong way around and it wont let me change it) but that's a minor issue and flying with proper controls is GLORIOUS, I can only dream of how good it's going to be flying jets with a joystick.... *DROOL*

But anyway... yeah, BLACK SCREEN PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP!!!!?!?!?!!

ColonialRaptor said:

Anyone else seem to have that "Black Screen" bug where the screen goes black for periods of time while they're playing?

My setup is as this:

i7-860 @ 4.0
2x 6950 unlocked to 6970 at 880 / 1375 (works fine for all other games, it's not the cards being unlocked or overclocked as this bug seems to happen to others)
G.Skill Falcon 2 HD
Corsair AX850 PSU

i can't seem to find a fix to this on the net ANYWHERE... some say disable vsync, some say disable bloom, some say it's ATI, some say it's Nvidia exclusive (it's not cause I've got ATI cards), some say it's Crossfire (it's not it still happens when I have Crossfire disabled), I just cannot figure out how or what is causing this, but not everyone gets the problem...

It's so annoying because I always get into a really good situation or spot and then it goes black and I die and loose a good opportunity. It's not hugely common, but common enough to be FRUSTRATING AS FUCK!

I mean, I played a bit here and there in the past, but lost my save and my account so started again recently and actually got really serious into this time, I damn well LOVE the game - I dunno if the maps are all that great being corridors and all, BF2 is definitely a much MUCH better game so I'm hoping that BF3 has some better maps on the account of the corridors and spreads the fighting out which it seems to be sounding like it's doing, and the destruction is a bit gimmick, and bullets don't break shit like they should which all sounds like it's being fixed, but this game is EXCELLENT. I'm prepping myself for BF3 here basically. I've got a flight stick and throttle as well (disappointing that I can't invert specifics on the joystick because the throttle is the wrong way around and it wont let me change it) but that's a minor issue and flying with proper controls is GLORIOUS, I can only dream of how good it's going to be flying jets with a joystick.... *DROOL*

I used to have a black screen problem too (everything went black except for green hud). I'm not sure what fixed it, I stopped playing BC2 for a few months and now that I am back the problem is gone.

I have 2x 6950s also (mine aren't unlocked). The only changes I can think of between now and when I quit was I uninstalled and reinstalled different vid card drivers multiple times for different games. Right now I'm just running the latest set of drivers from AMD's site. I used one of those driver wiper programs before I installed these.

nismogrendel said:
I used to have a black screen problem too (everything went black except for green hud). I'm not sure what fixed it, I stopped playing BC2 for a few months and now that I am back the problem is gone.

I have 2x 6950s also (mine aren't unlocked). The only changes I can think of between now and when I quit was I uninstalled and reinstalled different vid card drivers multiple times for different games. Right now I'm just running the latest set of drivers from AMD's site. I used one of those driver wiper programs before I installed these.

Yeah, I always completely wipe the drivers before I install the new ones, and I have the most up to date drivers 11.6 as it may... we're due soon for 11.7, but still no fix... BAH, such a pain in the butt.

scogoth

ColonialRaptor said:

My setup is as this:

i7-860 @ 4.0
G.Skill Falcon 2 HD
Corsair AX850 PSU

Play in DX11 mode not DX10 or DX9. That fixed the problem for me and a friend who both had that issue. Only problem is mumble overlay doesn't work in DX11 games =(

meppi

Holy cow.

Been having games of a lifetime almost all week long now.
This past session was just incredible on every level. :)
Don't know what happening, but I hope it isn't just a flash in the pan.

Been getting so frustrated with the game these past months, but right now I'm having a blast.
I would even say that I'm having the same level of fun in an FPS like I did in Half-Life DM on PC back in the day.
That surely is something I never expected to be equaled. :D

Today is one of those days, I just want to rip my balls off, so bad was it..
Playing public matches is so annoying and exhausting.

Especially if the opponent team has a few good chopper pilots and players who start hiding in your own base...

Top Bottom