• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Yopis

Any guys still rolling on the 360 for this? Wished I would have bought for PS3 on this one but since my 60gig died today guess it all worked out. GT(yopis)

Jas said:
I didn't see your message until you were offline, sorry. :(
My BC2 name is Jas16.

Not sure how they are going handle the whole MoH thing. It's suppose to be an open beta, I guess they'll let MoH people in a week early?
You probably don't need it, I'm sure there will be other ways of getting in if that's the route they go.

Cool, friend request sent. And yeah, I guess I'll take a wait and see approach as far as the beta is concerned.

abuC said:
Heavy metal, its a conquest map.
Ah, I play rush pretty exclusively.. had no idea there were conquest-only maps.

Yopis said:
Any guys still rolling on the 360 for this? Wished I would have bought for PS3 on this one but since my 60gig died today guess it all worked out. GT(yopis)

You can add me - CriscoGiant is my GT.

sw33tclyde said:
Some great ones too:
  • Heavy Metal
  • Laguna Alta
  • Panama Canal (which I think is probably the best map in BFBC2).

The Rush exclusive maps:
  • Isla Inocentes
  • Valparaiso
  • Cold War

endlessflood said:
Some great ones too:
  • Heavy Metal
  • Laguna Alta
  • Panama Canal (which I think is probably the best map in BFBC2).

The Rush exclusive maps:
  • Isla Inocentes
  • Valparaiso
  • Cold War

I love this map because of AT mines. The ground is already filled with so much ruble it just makes it so easy to 'hide' your mines. trollface.gif

CatPee

Huh, so apparently there was a tornado this morning that fucked up the citywide wireless connection I'm on, meaning my internetz is gonna be in the shitter until they fix it.

Fuck.

JJD

CatPee said:
Huh, so apparently there was a tornado this morning that fucked up the citywide wireless connection I'm on, meaning my internetz is gonna be in the shitter until they fix it.

Fuck.

Wow! Where do you live? I hope everything's OK!

TommyT

Bought this on Amazon last night for $10, was wanting to buy it again so more people could play (in Canada where it's $20) however it's up to $15. I know it's odd to want to buy the same game, especially digitally multiple times, but has anyone that's bought it on Amazon seen it go up in price? Is this normal practice by them to increase a digital version cost after the first purchase?

olimpia84

Church RvB said:
I love this map because of AT mines. The ground is already filled with so much ruble it just makes it so easy to 'hide' your mines. trollface.gif

AT mines are the perfect fit for Panama Canal also because of the color of the ground which is very similar to the mine's color.
And I agree, it's by far the best map in the game.

JJD

Doesn't anyone like the Vietnam maps? I think Operations Hastings and Phu Bai are both amazing...I don't really care for the others.

I love playing Conquest on those maps...to bad everyone on GAF seems to hate Vietnam... :-(

sw33tclyde said:

When it comes to Heavy Metal, you aren't missing out on anything, but Laguna Alta and Panama Canal are great. Particularly Panama Canal, which is right up there with dust2 and 2fort as my favorite multiplayer maps.

TheSeks said:
FTFY, you had it right the first time and I would kill for Panama Canal Rush. You hear me, DICE? KILL.

That would be awesome. I play 24/7 rush servers and miss this one. I found a low ping 24/7 Panama server to get my fix.

meppi

questionmark said:
When it comes to Heavy Metal, you aren't missing out on anything
I'd beg to differ.
Heavy Metal is an awesome map, especially when you're playing as an engineer.
Sooooo much fun.

As for Vietnam, I'm not that crazy about it myself.
Some of the maps are great, but I'm not liking the weapons or gadgets nearly as much as anything in vanilla.

Jas

JJD said:
Doesn't anyone like the Vietnam maps? I think Operations Hastings and Phu Bai are both amazing...I don't really care for the others.

I love playing Conquest on those maps...to bad everyone on GAF seems to hate Vietnam... :-(

Tried playing Vietnam during 4th of July weekend, seems pretty dead on PS3 overall. Biggest game I was in was a 7 vs 7 game and that only lasted a few rounds.

Good games today Olimpia. Those games gave me a chance to play with different loadouts which was fun.

You were a Ace pin machine today.

meppi said:
I'd beg to differ.
Heavy Metal is an awesome map, especially when you're playing as an engineer.
Sooooo much fun.

Engineer is probably my favorite class and I disagree. I fucking hate that map with a passion. There's just no room for infantry on it at all unless you are playing against terrible people. I love that there are vehicles in the game, but it's only great because there is a mix of infantry and vehicles. On HM you have vehicles, and snipers... I'd rate that about as fun as watching snow melt.

olimpia84

Jas said:
Tried playing Vietnam during 4th of July weekend, seems pretty dead on PS3 overall. Biggest game I was in was a 7 vs 7 game and that only lasted a few rounds.

Good games today Olimpia. Those games gave me a chance to play with different loadouts which was fun.

You were a Ace pin machine today.

Yeah, they were pretty much 12 vs 12 the whole time so I think that's what made them fun. I also tried a bunch of loadouts and I think I'll be using the VSS rifle more often, it's pretty fun when equipped with the 4x scope!

dralla

whats going on with their servers, I can never check my weapon progress, it's always at zero for everything. it used to happen once in a while but now it's always like this, can't see shit :[

JonCha

dralla said:
whats going on with their servers, I can never check my weapon progress, it's always at zero for everything. it used to happen once in a while but now it's always like this, can't see shit :[

That happens every time I start up. I just start a game and it's fine.

olimpia84

I used to have Heavy Metal but it has grown on me lately. It's only fun when it's 12 on 12 which sometimes can be a problem with the shitty matchmaking. I remember selecting "Play Now" one time and they put me on a Heavy Metal match where it was 2 on 2. I waited for about 5 minutes and it was still 2 on 2 so I obviously left at that point.

dralla

i get heavy metal a ton for some reason when i do quick match with 'any' map. playing engineer and staying at B is usually a good way to win and get a lot of points. people still under estimate the power of the VADS, more points for me i guess :]

dralla said:
i get heavy metal a ton for some reason when i do quick match with 'any' map. playing engineer and staying at B is usually a good way to win and get a lot of points. people still under estimate the power of the VADS, more points for me i guess :]

My friend and I will just go hold down A for the entire match (if we're US) and let the other team waste their time on B. As long as we hold two and the enemy holds one, thats usually enough to ensure victory.

Also, <3 VADS

meppi

And once again, after nearly 4 hours of terrific games, the system crashes. lol
Well if it would only be once every 4 hours it wouldn't be so bad. That and it's almost 2am anyway. ;)

Good games everyone!

eternaLightness said:
I really hope they change the weapon pick-up/arm,disarm button in BF3. How could they miss that?

I can't count how many times... Ugh. Sorry Jas, my PC started freaking out during the match. Issue with my videocard... can't wait to upgrade :|

Jas

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
I can't count how many times... Ugh. Sorry Jas, my PC started freaking out during the match. Issue with my videocard... can't wait to upgrade :|

No problemo, you didn't miss much. I stayed on that server longer than I should have, haha.

Calion82v said:
Is there any reason we played HC Rush today Rock? x_x

PedYup said:
Apologies to anyone joining my games lately. I´m working on the sniper´s platinums and I´m cheating and by cheating I mean playing in hardcore mode as it is a one shot kill affair with the bolt action rifles. Recons in this mode can be absolute ass*****. By the way, don´t go too near a tank when I´m driving it or warn me with the mic if you are going to repair it ;)

Can someone explain to me why our defending team lost, but the enemy team couldn't blow up the last objective and has 2 on the ticker?

I just don't get it. I thought you'd win if you protect that shit long enough.

spidye

Patrick Bateman said:
Can someone explain to me why our defending team lost, but the enemy team couldn't blow up the last objective and has 2 on the ticker?

I just don't get it. I thought you'd win if you protect that shit long enough.
it's a bug. if you look at your pins you'll see a rush win pin.

Calion

Jas said:
Apologies to anyone joining my games lately. I´m working on the sniper´s platinums and I´m cheating and by cheating I mean playing in hardcore mode as it is a one shot kill affair with the bolt action rifles. Recons in this mode can be absolute ass*****. By the way, don´t go too near a tank when I´m driving it or warn me with the mic if you are going to repair it ;)

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I havent played in weeks but that ends today.
See you online guys.

Jas

Good games today! danthaman hit level 50 today, Congrats! Welcome to the No Life Club :)

Good to see you on Fersis! Also Evolved, 8bit and Calion!

Jas

CatPee said:
Revival of PS3GAF?

Too bad my fingers are all messed up from work. And my internetz just returned to normal speeds too :(.

It's probably BF3 Fever :) I've spent way too much time on GAF the past 2 days checking to see if there is any other way of getting in the Alpha.

I've watched that 14 minute montage that came out yesterday like 5 times already :|

Calion

Jas said:
Good games today! danthaman hit level 50 today, Congrats! Welcome to the No Life Club :)

Good to see you on Fersis! Also Evolved, 8bit and Calion!

Congrats Dan! Welcome to the club! Evolved should be hitting that mark soon enough.

Great games today everyone. Evolved and I were rolling towards the last half of our matches. Great piloting as always.

TommyT

I'm sure this has been asked 100x, and I've google searched with no luck on the 'fix' working.

So I just downloaded, installed, and am running BF: BC2 from Amazon, and every time I try to follow one of my friends I get "Failed to connect to EA online, please try again". Whenever I want to join a server it fails to find any. I read that you have to go to the command prompt and do "netsh interface tcp set global ecncapability=disabled" but I've had no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

edit: I'm able to log in to my EA Account and add friends.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
gotta love it when someone is so .... i dunno... they actually switch sides to C4 your crates!

and then they follow your group into other games to continue doing it!

Wow, assholes. :|

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Calion82v said:
Congrats Dan! Welcome to the club! Evolved should be hitting that mark soon enough.

Great games today everyone. Evolved and I were rolling towards the last half of our matches. Great piloting as always.

Yeah... that was a lot of fun, Cal. (and everyone from earlier -- congrats on 50 Dan, I'm right behind you!)

I fucking love tanks.

Choppers... eh... only grab them on the Val and only if no one else will. Was fun gunning for a bit though. Too bad I didn't have warhead equipped.

Top Bottom