• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Jas

ochobit said:
I usually have my mic on (although English isn't my primary language and somehow limits my interaction).

I can never understand what Ejas is saying, tho. Speak louder, dude. Or fix your mic volume. :p

Sorry, I try not to speak that loud so it doesn't come off annoying. :)

U2NUMB

Every once in a while you run into a team that simply has no idea how to take down a tank. They literally run at you like dumb AI the entire game. Last night my squad ran into one such team.

bc2lol.jpg

olimpia84

It will be very hard to have a 12 match GAF team like we used to because not everybody is playing the game right now and besides most of us are level 50 already so at the most we will play a match or two before the other team quits.

SteveWD40

U2NUMB said:
Every once in a while you run into a team that simply has no idea how to take down a tank. They literally run at you like dumb AI the entire game. Last night my squad ran into one such team.

bc2lol.jpg

I love nothing more than gunning down Recons trying to C4 a moving tank like they are some kind of badass.

I'm in a tank you cretin.

U2NUMB

SteveWD40 said:
I love nothing more than gunning down Recons trying to C4 a moving tank like they are some kind of badass.

I'm in a tank you cretin.

Oddly enough it was a bunch of guys trying to kill us with the repair tool. But yea same concept and it was hilarious.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
olimpia84 said:
It will be very hard to have a 12 match GAF team like we used to because not everybody is playing the game right now and besides most of us are level 50 already so at the most we will play a match or two before the other team quits.

At least it wouldn't be that bad on PC... maybe... *cough cough* We'd just throw Cuban under the bus and have him put on the other team and going "guys, guys, they really aren't that--*rolled*"

you talking about me? I don't remember ever playing with you on PC bro...

Speaking of which, I wanted to setup an event for the GAF's Steam PCBC2 group for this weekend but no one has been playing it recently or consistently enough to warrant possibly bothering everyone in that group with notifications.

If there is enough desire from the PC BC2 owners, then I'll do it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Cuban Legend said:

Speaking of which, I wanted to setup an event for the GAF's Steam PCBC2 group for this weekend but no one has been playing it recently or consistently enough to warrant possibly bothering everyone in that group with notifications.

Maybe we should set up a weekly event for it. Starcraft-GAF was pretty much dead until we set up a weekly gathering.

However, I got finals coming up so I probably won't be on too much for the next 2 weeks.

Cuban Legend said:

I am sick of black ops, been playing more of this again, would definitely be interested

Oreoleo

Cuban Legend said:

I've been playing the hell out of the game the past week or two. Unfortunately I won't be around this weekend :(

And if people get annoyed by event notifications they can leave the group, big deal.

scogoth

Cuban Legend said:

Damn not around this weekend either. Or the weekend after. Or any weekend. What about week days?

Calion

TheSeks said:
> He never played 12 player GAF that rolls a server so hard that it's empty within 10 minutes.
> laughinggirls.jpg

Yes, you are.

12 player GAF games are like speedruns. So good, yet so fast.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:

Soon.jpg

Speaking of which, I wanted to setup an event for the GAF's Steam PCBC2 group

I'm on there, and would be on BC2/BF3 if I had a goddamn rig, but I don't at the moment. >_>

Calion82v said:
12 player GAF games are like speedruns. So good, yet so fast.

I remember having to run the whole of Arica Harbor and as soon as I get to the base, the base is taken/move up to where I have to hoof it to the next base, that's taken, then hoof it to the next, that's taken. Finally get to the end base and toward the crate and they've exploded.

TheSeks said:
I remember having to run the whole of Arica Harbor and as soon as I get to the base, the base is taken/move up to where I have to hoof it to the next base, that's taken, then hoof it to the next, that's taken. Finally get to the end base and toward the crate and they've exploded.
should have just stayed on the hill for the cameo.

Massa

Raide said:
Was there ever a PC demo for BC2? I fancy downloading it to see if it will run on my PC.

I believe there was only a multiplayer demo that's no longer available.

What kind of rig do you have?

olimpia84

TheSeks said:

LW pack is the key on those GAF Rush speedruns

Smokey

Just want to say...

The PC version is amazing. Always really enjoyed Battlefield, but got out of PC gaming right after 1942 (so I missed out on the amazing BF2 and others). Built a beast PC to get back into it the scene and oh mah god.

I am able to run the game completely maxed out with FPS at 75-80. When shit gets epic it may drop in low 60's/high 50's but the FPS was high to begin with so the drops aren't really noticable (I just know because of FRAPS). The atmoshpere in the PC version is amazing. Probably has a lot to do with the graphical upgrade from the consoles but I found myself going :O plenty of times yesterday.

I actually built this PC with the intention of running BF3 maxed (1080p, 60fps) so I'm loving what I'm experiencing so far. Good warm up for BF3 in a couple of months :p.

With that said how/what should I set the FOV to? And is there a way to get rid of the annoying chat box up top?

Smokey said:
Just want to say...

The PC version is amazing. Always really enjoyed Battlefield, but got out of PC gaming right after 1942 (so I missed out on the amazing BF2 and others). Built a beast PC to get back into it the scene and oh mah god.

I am able to run the game completely maxed out with FPS at 75-80. When shit gets epic it may drop in low 60's/high 50's but the FPS was high to begin with so the drops aren't really noticable (I just know because of FRAPS). The atmoshpere in the PC version is amazing. Probably has a lot to do with the graphical upgrade from the consoles but I found myself going :O plenty of times yesterday.

I actually built this PC with the intention of running BF3 maxed (1080p, 60fps) so I'm loving what I'm experiencing so far. Good warm up for BF3 in a couple of months :p.

With that said how/what should I set the FOV to? And is there a way to get rid of the annoying chat box up top?

Was that because you got called into war? :O hehe

I swear, Dice must have some sort of disconnect button they like to press. I was disarming the last mcomm and got disconnected. Always happens at the worst times. =/

todahawk

I'm setting up Bootcamp on my MBP so I can actually use my Steam copy of BC2, hopefully I'll be able to join PCBC2 GAF soon...

I have my PS3 but the vast majority of my games are inaccessible at the moment.

JJD

Everyone have that 12 year old little nephew, or maybe cousin that is a COD fanatic right?

Pro tip: Don't tell him how much better BF is, let the little guy have his fun with Call of Duty. I made the mistake of lending my copy of BFBC2 to my nephew, and now not only he bought the game, but he sends me 64 invites per hour to join his matches, yells non stop at the mic when we do play together, he doesn't have the slightest clue of what an average player should do on the game, despite the fact that I try to help him the best I can. I can't stand being his nanny on the game anymore!

If you do have someone in your family like that don't give him your PSN login, say you don't play online.

I love the kid, he's great, really sweet, but he just got his PS3 and have never played online, his only console was an old PS2 and a PSP. I gave him both of then.

He's so excited that he started calling my house constantly this last weekend asking me to play with him. He called like every 20 or 30 minutes the whole day. And now he called me at my work...WTF...

I swear to God, I don't want to break his heart, but if this keeps up I'm going to have some words with him, if I don't flat out delete him from my friends list.

Olimpia, sorry for that game that you joined us... :-(

Smokey

So noob question...I don't think I have any of the VIP maps?

I was on the main webpage and they mentioned you enter a VIP code to get them, but I don't remember getting one? All I've used is the serial to activate the game. What do I need to do to DL these packs, or do I have to pay for a code (PC version) ? :/

meppi

JJD said:
Everyone have that 12 year old little nephew, or maybe cousin that is a COD fanatic right?

Pro tip: Don't tell him how much better BF is, let the little guy have his fun with Call of Duty. I made the mistake of lending my copy of BFBC2 to my nephew, and now not only he bought the game, but he sends me 64 invites per hour to join his matches, yells non stop at the mic when we do play together, he doesn't have the slightest clue of what an average player should do on the game, despite the fact that I try to help him the best I can. I can't stand being his nanny on the game anymore!

If you do have someone in your family like that don't give him your PSN login, say you don't play online.

I love the kid, he's great, really sweet, but he just got his PS3 and have never played online, his only console was an old PS2 and a PSP. I gave him both of then.

He's so excited that he started calling my house constantly this last weekend asking me to play with him. He called like every 20 or 30 minutes the whole day. And now he called me at my work...WTF...

I swear to God, I don't want to break his heart, but if this keeps up I'm going to have some words with him, if I don't flat out delete him from my friends list.

Yeah, I learned about this the hard way last year.
First with Killzone 2 and then BC2. The kids are a couple years older, but still.
Luckily they've since gone back to blops, but I fear for the day that Battlefield 3 is released. :-/
They just don't get how the most important thing in the game is the team play and how well you adapt to the situation is what makes or breaks a game.
Not that this is always possible though if you have a particular shittastic team to begin with.
But still, having kids on your squad that know nothing besides playing the COD MP way is a surefire way to get annoyed very quickly.

waited a few days for the results to pour in and almost everyone who tried it was loving the leaked EG22 Gingerbread for the Samsung Epic 4G so i ODINed the rom (pre-rooted, deodexed) and added a few needed mods (seriously, who at Samsung thinks logging text messages in the call log is a good fucking idea?!#!?) and it's great so far!

CatPee

The Faceless Master said:
waited a few days for the results to pour in and almost everyone who tried it was loving the leaked EG22 Gingerbread for the Samsung Epic 4G so i ODINed the rom (pre-rooted, deodexed) and added a few needed mods (seriously, who at Samsung thinks logging text messages in the call log is a good fucking idea?!#!?) and it's great so far!

Wrong thread?

Wrong thread.

Faceless has the BC2 OT open on his browser at all times confirmed!

Thanks for the epic Rush games, GAF. I was having a horrible night in Conquest and was down 9 deaths. Ended up +9, including a great 23-1 heli gunner round.

TheSeks

JJD said:

Solution: Murder the little bastard.

Or tell him to fuck off. >_>

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
greenjerk said:
I'm setting up Bootcamp on my MBP so I can actually use my Steam copy of BC2, hopefully I'll be able to join PCBC2 GAF soon...

I have my PS3 but the vast majority of my games are inaccessible at the moment.

Better be around when BF3 drops!!!

olimpia84

JJD said:

I didn't mind him or you at all. And even if I find somebody to be annoying I can always just mute the person.

Erasus

Switched to a Phenom X4 from an Athlon X2 and holy shit my fps doubled, even with my 4830! Did not know it was that reliant on quads... Awesome game, I am in the BF3 alpha but I still played this today, and I actually like it a bit better :O

Evolved1

meppi said:
You must be a very popular guy. :-/

I was having connection problems earlier... mega lag and disconnects. :/

Too bad, it was fun otherwise.

meppi

Evolved1 said:
I was having connection problems earlier... mega lag and disconnects. :/

Too bad, it was fun otherwise.
Yeah, I noticed you dropping time after time.

Was a pretty terrible night for me as I just couldn't hit anything at all and getting pissed at the team of 8 medics didn't improve my aim at all.
Although I did have fun downing those choppers with the AT4, especially the one off in the distance in atacama desert defense. The one that tried to stay low and out of range while moving rather quickly.
I knew it was a long shot, so it was so much sweeter when I got him in one try. :)

They were somehow expecting it though as they bailed nearly instantly.

Evolved1

meppi said:
Yeah, I noticed you dropping time after time.

Was a pretty terrible night for me as I just couldn't hit anything at all and getting pissed at the team of 8 medics didn't improve my aim at all.
Although I did have fun downing those choppers with the AT4, especially the one off in the distance in atacama desert defense. The one that tried to stay low and out of range while moving rather quickly.
I knew it was a long shot, so it was so much sweeter when I got him in one try. :)

They were somehow expecting it though as they bailed nearly instantly.

Eh... it sucks when they escape. But at least you know you downed the bird. :)

AT4 is pretty fun... I'm on and off with it. Sometimes I'll make just a killer shot and other times I can't hit point blank. Way better than I used to be though.

Man I was in the Hind on attack and my douche gunner would not shoot the damn VADS despite having perfect position. So frustrating! God I wish there was an eject button for terrible gunners! haha

Evolved1 said:
Eh... it sucks when they escape. But at least you know you downed the bird. :)

AT4 is pretty fun... I'm on and off with it. Sometimes I'll make just a killer shot and other times I can't hit point blank. Way better than I used to be though.

Man I was in the Hind on attack and my douche gunner would not shoot the damn VADS despite having perfect position. So frustrating! God I wish there was an eject button for terrible gunners! haha
i just try and time the VADS spawn and crush it manually.

TheSeks

meppi said:
You must be a very popular guy. :-/

I hate kids.

Anyway, played some Q0/Quake Live a few minutes ago. My accuracy is dismal. 25-27% and that's with the rockets. I can't seem to keep my aim steady in the old twitch shooter physics anymore. :/

Subxero

Is the multiplayer still very active on PC. I have had it for the 360 since launch. I just picked it and the Vietnam expansion up on PC for $5 each from Origin.

I guess it's only $10 but I'm going to be kinda bummed if it's hard to get into games.

olimpia84

spidye said:
so guys, what's your favourite weapon?
I love the g3. recon+g3 is god-like

Recon + USAS12 for me
For the other classes I'm currently using (generally)
Assault: AEK91 w/ shotgun add-on
Medic: XM8 LMG
Engineer: XM8 compact

Top Bottom