• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Subxero said:
Is the multiplayer still very active on PC. I have had it for the 360 since launch. I just picked it and the Vietnam expansion up on PC for $5 each from Origin.

>HE THINKS BAD COMPANY 2 IS DYING!
>laughinggirls.jpg

daviyoung

Banned
Subxero said:
Is the multiplayer still very active on PC. I have had it for the 360 since launch. I just picked it and the Vietnam expansion up on PC for $5 each from Origin.

I guess it's only $10 but I'm going to be kinda bummed if it's hard to get into games.

The PC support is very strong. Nothing to worry about.

Calion

The Faceless Master said:
i just try and time the VADS spawn and crush it manually.

Yeah, giving the VADS a love tap is an effective solution.

Anyways, I should be on a good part of the night. Hopefully.

spidye said:
so guys, what's your favourite weapon?
I love the g3. recon+g3 is god-like

currently trying to plat the assault class.

in general:
assualt: an-bn + GL
med: m60 (pre nerf)
engy: ump45 + RL
recon: g3 + mortar

overall my goal is to plat all weapons. we shall see how far I go. lol.

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
Yeah, giving the VADS a love tap is an effective solution.

Anyways, I should be on a good part of the night. Hopefully.

Thing is, if people were smart, they'd throw a rocket toward your tapping the VADS position. The helicopter is huge and takes a bit to lower/raise gives the rocket a time to travel if they see you coming.

Calion

TheSeks said:
Thing is, if people were smart, they'd throw a rocket toward your tapping the VADS position. The helicopter is huge and takes a bit to lower/raise gives the rocket a time to travel if they see you coming.

Oh I completely agree. I use it as a last resort.

Thing is, I actually exploited a chopper for doing that on Atacama once. It was Defense, 1st set, and the chopper was flying very low (Barely making it over 2 story buildings). I decided to try something I've never done before by planting C4 on the very top of a two story building and waiting to see if it would pass low enough to take it out. I decided to hide in the building on the bottom floor of that building to protect myself from getting sniped/killed/chopper raped. Sure enough, that chopper decided to make a pass over my building, and I took an educated guess (Remember, I could only see the chopper on the radar, not visually) due to sound-proximity and past visual cues to blow the C4. I took the entire damn thing out and everyone in it. That was the best kill in my entire BC2 career. Sogood.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Calion82v said:
Oh I completely agree. I use it as a last resort.

Thing is, I actually exploited a chopper for doing that on Atacama once. It was Defense, 1st set, and the chopper was flying very low (Barely making it over 2 story buildings). I decided to try something I've never done before by planting C4 on the very top of a two story building and waiting to see if it would pass low enough to take it out. I decided to hide in the building on the bottom floor of that building to protect myself from getting sniped/killed/chopper raped. Sure enough, that chopper decided to make a pass over my building, and I took an educated guess (Remember, I could only see the chopper on the radar, not visually) due to sound-proximity and past visual cues to blow the C4. I took the entire damn thing out and everyone in it. That was the best kill in my entire BC2 career. Sogood.gif

That's pretty sneaky. Had a pretty boss round earlier today in the tank on Harvest Day defense. Wish I had it on video... would have put some of those moments in my best-ever reel. Then the game froze. :/

Evolved1

anything i havent platinumed yet.

I've been playing with shitty guns since getting platinums on my favorites... my SPM and K/D are still decent, but every once in a while I switch back to the Uzi or Thumper just to remember how much better I am than the other team. lol.

Something I've come to accept:

<----- is the worst fucking medic of all time. I just cannot kill anyone with LMG's in BC2.

Evolved1 said:
I've been playing with shitty guns since getting platinums on my favorites... my SPM and K/D are still decent, but every once in a while I switch back to the Uzi or Thumper just to remember how much better I am than the other team. lol.

Something I've come to accept:

<----- is the worst fucking medic of all time. I just cannot kill anyone with LMG's in BC2.
kills? medic is all about quality revives!

CatPee

Evolved1 said:

Any LMG(especially MG36/M249) + 4x + MMN LMG + rapid tap fire = +50 x 1000. T88 + LW + Body Armor + super rapid tap fire = +50 x 10000. Thing has no recoil when fired like that.

mm04

JJD said:
Everyone have that 12 year old little nephew, or maybe cousin that is a COD fanatic right?

:lol Exact opposite experience. I got him BC2 on PC with Vietnam, but apparently it's still more fun to play CODBLOPS on Xbox 360 while implementing stupid ass rules like every kill must be a no scope sniper shot or jumping and doing 360s off buildings for kill shots. And he's 12 too. I've given up on ever gifting him anything on Steam again.

GenericUser

whats the benefit from platinuing anything?

so guys, what's your favourite weapon?

i'll go with my G3. G3 + red dot sight is basically my choice on every class. With it, i am able to take out guys over a long distance with single well placed shots, but i am also able to spray for a short while if the situation demands it.

olimpia84

Good games PS3 GAF. For a change we actually had some challenging games tonight and we even lost that one round in Panama Canal. Those are the games I like playing :)

JJD

Had one great BF moment today. We were playing Conquest on Panama Canal, a really disputed match. I captured Charlie, and a tank approached. I was an assault without C4, so I went to the UAV station and took out the tank, then I proceeded to the base of the enemy to try and take out other vehicles since we had Delta under heavy fire, as it was the closest flag to their base.

Suddenly I saw Charlie flashing, and returned as fast as I could just in time to see 2 guys getting on the roof running towards the UAV station probably to knife me. I tried to kill then with a missile but I missed by a few meters almost hitting myself, so as soon as the missile hit the roof, I bailed the station in the mid of the dust and the enemy probably didn't see me move out, so I shot one, and knifed the other!

I couldn't contain myself and teabagged the hell of those guys, just to see another dude geting out of the stairs and I even managed to kill him to! Lol...

So I parachuted down to capture the flag again, and lo and behold I killed the same 2 knife obsessed guys again before being shot down by a recon!

I keep telling the only marketing Dice needs is a fucking theater mode...

Those were some great games Olimpia! Blue, Trizzy and me even had an epic comeback on Laguna Presa after you left, we were cheering on the mic! I bet those knife guys will shot anyone on the UAV on sight the next time!

GenericUser

I keep telling the only marketing Dice needs is a fucking theater mode...

THIS!

I probably only played a quarted of the time that I pumped into Black Ops but there are so many WTF moments in battlefield, especially when you finally really "get" the game.

I am sure Theater Mode will be in BF3 right from the start. I am thinking about a "tank kills small jeeps" montage :-D

JJD

sponk said:
THIS!

I probably only played a quarted of the time that I pumped into Black Ops but there are so many WTF moments in battlefield, especially when you finally really "get" the game.

I am sure Theater Mode will be in BF3 right from the start. I am thinking about a "tank kills small jeeps" montage :-D

Add me man! I on/off of BFBC2 these days as I have a huge backlog to play, but I always get the itch when I see some gaffers playing. My PSN ID is in my profile if you want! ;-)

Lately conquest has been much more satisfying than rush to me...must be all these hours playing with Olimpia and Blue...

CrankyJay

Banned
Anyone actually play single player? It's pretty fun, even more so after you know what you're doing from multiplayer. There are some nice maps from single player only that I think would be awesome for multiplayer.

olimpia84

JJD said:
Those were some great games Olimpia! Blue, Trizzy and me even had an epic comeback on Laguna Presa after you left, we were cheering on the mic! I bet those knife guys will shot anyone on the UAV on sight the next time!

Damn, I guess I should have stayed for those games. My goal last night was to leave after base raping the other team making them rage quit but they never did! They were a persistent bunch and I give them props for that. Even in those Port Valdez matches we managed to lock them up in their own base and it was a guaranteed defeat for them but they never quit.

TheSeks

CrankyJay said:
Anyone actually play single player? It's pretty fun, even more so after you know what you're doing from multiplayer. There are some nice maps from single player only that I think would be awesome for multiplayer.

I didn't mind it as much as people seem to hate it. It was decent and some of the maps would be good multiplayer maps for Rush, sure.

olimpia84

CrankyJay said:

SP is not too bad for this game. The first time I played it I hated it but on my second run on Hard difficulty I enjoyed a bit more. If you like this SP make sure you check out MOH, amazing SP experience although the MP is pure shit.

TheSeks

Mush said:
I just got roadkill'd 4 times in the same round :(

Stop being in the open for vehicles to hit you.

Or optionally stand in front of AT mines.

Mush

TheSeks said:
Stop being in the open for vehicles to hit you.

Or optionally stand in front of AT mines.
I really should start learning how to use mines.

Since, you know, Engineer is my preferred class.

vixlar

Mr Sandman said:
Do the boats in 'Nam count towards the boat category plats? Only vehicle category I need a plat for (have 5 gold stars). And getting it with the default PB/jetski will take a while. :lol

Yes, it is good to use it for platinum. :)

KRS7

I just installed the PC version of BFBC2 that I bought on sale from steam. I am a 360 veteran of the game, and think that trying it out on PC would be a good warmup for Battlefield 3. Plus I was able to score it and the Vietnam expansion for like $10. A no brainer.

Problem is I cannot join any servers. Not even once. I am at a loss on how to solve this. I did the obvious part of googling which ports to open and forwarding those. The server list populates and all, even list the pings. But I can't join any of them. I must have tried joining dozens of servers last night. Occasionally I get to the map loading splash screen, but it inevitably breaks my heart and disconnects before I ever get the chance to spawn. Campaign mode works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Window 7 64-bit
AMD dual core 2.6Ghz
4GB RAM
Nvidia GTS 450 1 GB

TheSeks

Mush said:
I really should start learning how to use mines.

Since, you know, Engineer is my preferred class.

Don't even need AT mines. If you are using an RPG that isn't Sir Carl of el Gustav, you can probably kill ATV's and Humvee's quickly. As those are the things (along with the jetskis, which are quick in the water! And boats, but the boats are slower, same with tanks) that'll kill you/roadkill you easy. Unless you're stupidly running up to tanks to try to repair damage them, in which case: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING MUSH? *slap* SHOOT YOUR RPG!

Problem is I cannot join any servers. Not even once. I am at a loss on how to solve this. I did the obvious part of googling which ports to open and forwarding those. The server list populates and all, even list the pings. But I can't join any of them. I must have tried joining dozens of servers last night. Occasionally I get to the map loading splash screen, but it inevitably breaks my heart and disconnects before I ever get the chance to spawn. Campaign mode works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Manually updated Punkbuster for BC2?

KRS7

TheSeks said:
Manually updated Punkbuster for BC2?

I've tried non-punkbuster servers and got the same result. Get to the loading screen for a while then get kicked to the main menu with an error message saying my connection to the server has been lost.

I have no problem playing Left4Dead so I think my network is fine. Oh, and I can play the Battlefield 3 Alpha just fine too (well my framerate sucks but I can connect to games).

It is really annoying cause it happens everytime on every server. I haven't played a single second of multiplayer. What gives?

CrankyJay

Banned
KRS7 said:
I've tried non-punkbuster servers and got the same result. Get to the loading screen for a while then get kicked to the main menu with an error message saying my connection to the server has been lost.

I have no problem playing Left4Dead so I think my network is fine. Oh, and I can play the Battlefield 3 Alpha just fine too (well my framerate sucks but I can connect to games).

It is really annoying cause it happens everytime on every server. I haven't played a single second of multiplayer. What gives?

I get crash to desktop 50% of the time when joining on a server.

olimpia84

lol at the useless team JJD and I had last night. We had to do ALL the work in order to win the games.

Once thing I noticed lately is that whenever I join a random game by using 'Play Now' I get thrown into low-level players servers (both on my team and the opposing one). Sometimes it sucks since there is no big challenge but it's fun because it allows me to try different loadouts.

JonCha

you mean like what happens almost every night from around 9-12EST? (earlier/later on weekends)
For Europeans that might be too late, though I don't know what the exact time difference is.

TheSeks

Teknoman said:
So do all RPGs 1 hit kill tanks?

No. Two-three hits. Three-Four with Sir Carl of El Gustav. And that's with Explosive ++/Non respectively.

JJD

olimpia84 said:
lol at the useless team JJD and I had last night. We had to do ALL the work in order to win the games.

Once thing I noticed lately is that whenever I join a random game by using 'Play Now' I get thrown into low-level players servers (both on my team and the opposing one). Sometimes it sucks since there is no big challenge but it's fun because it allows me to try different loadouts.

Ha! We ended up with the Gold Squad pin every single time and it was just us 2. On the last game I ended up with double the amount of points of the 3rd best player, and I was just the second, right behind you.

Mush

If any 360 players want to add me, feel free. I have like no one my friends list that plays BC2. :(

Plus I wouldn't mind the knife achievement.

Evolved1

Teknoman said:
So do all RPGs 1 hit kill tanks?

If you want to be a tank buster, you need to roll with the AT4. And you need to hit the tank in the rear... just two AT4 hits to the back will kill an Abrams or T90. I think you can OHK the bradleys and other light tanks with an AT4 shot to the back, but I'm not 100%... heavy tanks can absorb 4+ AT4 rounds to the front, so it's best not to aim there unless it's already crippled.

CatPee

No, it's not possible to OHK a tank with any launcher. However, an AT4 with Explosives MK2 is a guaranteed 2HK against a tank from either the side or rear(more damage here than side) unless the driver or gunner has Armor. Usually I just sneak up to a tank and use the tool do damage it to around half health, then quickly pull out the AT4 and fire.

SCAR-L is finally platinum'd

I think I'll move onto the XM8 Compact before the PP2000

But I'm a little pissed off right now. I'm becoming very annoyed by constant instances of lag, rubber-banding, and disconnections from servers. I thought installing the game onto my 360 HDD would fix the problem, but I'm still getting these same issues and it's really pissing me off.

Can't wait until BF3 comes out so I can't stop playing BC2

Top Bottom