• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Drewsky said:
I just bought the game on PS3 so I have nothing unlocked and am sucking ass, but if anyone wants to play add me: RayCharles09.

Send me a FR and that will get you into most gaf games. I'm playing a lot lately. Also, meppi is a good person to send a request to (if he accepts) since he plays a lot as well, and often on what might be off hours for US folks.

My PSN is same as gaf tag. You should make sure to mention you're gaf in your FR you send to people, so they're less likely to disregard.

No_Style

Things I've noticed since my return to BFBC2.

• I've noticed my ground vehicle game is horrendous now.
  • I've learned to trust the knife again.
  • Getting back into the thick of things with soldier weaponry was effortless; like riding a bike
  • A lot more post death tea bagging (funny stuff)
  • More GAF folks graduated from helicopter school

CatPee

No_Style said:
Things I've noticed since my return to BFBC2.

• I've noticed my ground vehicle game is horrendous now.
  • I've learned to trust the knife again.
  • Getting back into the thick of things with soldier weaponry was effortless; like riding a bike
  • A lot more post death tea bagging (funny stuff)
  • More GAF folks graduated from helicopter school

Seems to me lately that more and more people have started teabagging after they've killed a level 50 (i.e. majority of PS3GAF) who killed them a few times before. It's hilarious to see them be teabagging, then get all shot up and go ragdoll though.
3AQmK.gif

meppi

Evolved1 said:
Also, meppi is a good person to send a request to (if he accepts)
Haven't rejected any request so far. As long as there is room on my FL. The more the merrier. ;)

CatPee said:
Seems to me lately that more and more people have started teabagging after they've killed a level 50 (i.e. majority of PS3GAF) who killed them a few times before. It's hilarious to see them be teabagging, then get all shot up and go ragdoll though.
3AQmK.gif

I only tend to do this is one of two occasions.

Either if the person is blatantly trying to stab me in the face and fails, even though he has no reason to do so and thus seems to have made it his point he wants my dog tag.
Or if he's he's being an major ass for one one or more reasons.

I love to send a rocket up another teabaggers ass if I see it, which in turn is reason enough for me to return the favor, especially if it's a squad mate that he downed.

CatPee said:
3AQmK.gif
I will always die for my teabag. And it doesn't matter who it is, they will all suffer my tactical crouch.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Alright, I've been trying to get back in, fill some time in between now and BF3, but I'm just... horrendous... And it's not even my fault. I open the server browser, choose a server with a sub 20ms ping, and hop in to the server which reports my ping as 300 (I know it's not ACTUALLY 300, but even then, my ping is worse than the Aussie on the NYC server). What the hell is up with this shit? It's not my graphics: I've brought them all the way down to the lowest they can be and only got a negligible boost. It can't be my method of internet connection: I've tried both wi-fi AND lan. It can't be my internet: I'm getting 24/4 with Comacast, and I've tested off peak hours late at night too. it can't be my RAM. The 4gigs I have should be more than enough, and if it's not, that's ridiculous.

It's maddening. The only REAL issue I can see is that maybe it's my GPU? It's a 2.8 dualcore AMD that I've been planning on replacing for a quadcore as soon as I can gather the cash for it, but I have a hard time believing that of all things is the problem with my internet issue. Could it be Comcast fucking me over limiting my gaming bandwidth or is it just that DICE's netcode is the most Godawful thing ever and I may as well remove it from my HDD?

doomed1 said:
Alright, I've been trying to get back in, fill some time in between now and BF3, but I'm just... horrendous... And it's not even my fault. I open the server browser, choose a server with a sub 20ms ping, and hop in to the server which reports my ping as 300 (I know it's not ACTUALLY 300, but even then, my ping is worse than the Aussie on the NYC server). What the hell is up with this shit? It's not my graphics: I've brought them all the way down to the lowest they can be and only got a negligible boost. It can't be my method of internet connection: I've tried both wi-fi AND lan. It can't be my internet: I'm getting 24/4 with Comacast, and I've tested off peak hours late at night too. it can't be my RAM. The 4gigs I have should be more than enough, and if it's not, that's ridiculous.

It's maddening. The only REAL issue I can see is that maybe it's my GPU? It's a 2.8 dualcore AMD that I've been planning on replacing for a quadcore as soon as I can gather the cash for it, but I have a hard time believing that of all things is the problem with my internet issue. Could it be Comcast fucking me over limiting my gaming bandwidth or is it just that DICE's netcode is the most Godawful thing ever and I may as well remove it from my HDD?
theres your problem right there, games pretty much optimized for triple and quad cores, you will experience extreme chugging, and overall choppy gameplay on a dual core. Oh and did you add bc2 to your steam game list by chance? That can also cause some lagging if you launch from steam, but didn't buy it from steam

hellclerk

Mr Nightman said:
theres your problem right there, games pretty much optimized for triple and quad cores, you will experience extreme chugging, and overall choppy gameplay on a dual core. Oh and did you add bc2 to your steam game list by chance? That can also cause some lagging if you launch from steam, but didn't buy it from steam
No, I bought it through steam. That really doesn't explain the ping though. Even if I might chug due to my hardware, would the game really report my ping so low? I mean, I've already tried lowering my settings to negligible results, how would the CPU be effecting this?

doomed1 said:
No, I bought it through steam. That really doesn't explain the ping though. Even if I might chug due to my hardware, would the game really report my ping so low? I mean, I've already tried lowering my settings to negligible results, how would the CPU be effecting this?
just did a quick search, and perhaps since your cpu usage is soo high, it struggles with networking info since such a big chunk of processing power is soo tied up. Gotta understand that the cpu has to deal with the game attributes, as well as the networking information simultaneously

No_Style

CatPee said:

But I'm a measly level 40 and they do it! Sometimes it's from Level 50's. :D Although one time, it was from a dude who I knifed in the face.

P.S - I am proud of the fact that I'm not level 50 yet /flex -- level 40 & in the top 10 in PS3GAF

hellclerk

Mr Nightman said:
just did a quick search, and perhaps since your cpu usage is soo high, it struggles with networking info since such a big chunk of processing power is soo tied up. Gotta understand that the cpu has to deal with the game attributes, as well as the networking information simultaneously
Perhaps. I did check Norton for what my CPU performance was during the game. It was high, but never higher than 95%. I don't know, just doesn't see quite right...

doomed1 said:
Perhaps. I did check Norton for what my CPU performance was during the game. It was high, but never higher than 95%. I don't know, just doesn't see quite right...
you should definitely get rid of norton, that is a huge resource hog, and could well be part of your lag issue. You should get microsoft security essentials, or avast free antivirus, both work great for free solutions and are really light on your resources

hellclerk

Mr Nightman said:
you should definitely get rid of norton, that is a huge resource hog, and could well be part of your lag issue. You should get microsoft security essentials, or avast free antivirus, both work great for free solutions and are really light on your resources
Well, Norton is a free solution for me thanks to Comcast, and it tends to take up fewer resources than even steam, so it's not a big deal to me as long as it's on silent mode. Besides, my idle CPU usage is only like 2 or 3 percent.

Eh, might as well give up until I can get that CPU. MoH it is...

CatPee

The Faceless Master said:
congrats!

in other news...

http://i.imgur.com/0Q9V3.jpg[IMG]

apparently, losing takes a ton of skill and winning takes none.[/QUOTE]

He's MLG though, so he must be right.

Cuban Legend said:
PC BC2-GAF PLAYTIME THIS FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHT

HOW TO:

1. Join the PC BC2-GAF Steam's Group to get a Steam Notification when the event begins:

2. Join PC GAF's Mumble Server to know where to meetup (we also use mumble for voice communication/chat since BC2's ingame one is broken 90% of the time).

Count me in >:D

...haven't touched it since BF3 Alpha.

The Faceless Master said:
apparently, losing takes a ton of skill and winning takes none.

Hah.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
meppi said:
I have to agree. GAF vs GAF can be really fun, even if I'm having a shitty day. ;P

I stayed till the end of the first match... wasn't really feeling it today (played way too much yesterday). It was fun though.

We have a big ps3gaf crew again. Can't fit everyone on one side...

meppi

Evolved1 said:
I stayed till the end of the first match... wasn't really feeling it today (played way too much yesterday). It was fun though.

We have a big ps3gaf crew again. Can't fit everyone on one side...

As long as I'm on the winning side against you guys it's fine by me. ;)

But I must admit, I was pretty worthless today.
Good thing Dave and Mancunian kept us going in those conquest matches as I ended up negative most of the time.

Jas

Sorry Dave for not taking the invite, I was playing with a friend (Manny) and someone else I haven't played with in a while.

Seeing a bunch of people come back over the past couple of days, it's nice to see.

-Silver-

meppi said:
As long as I'm on the winning side against you guys it's fine by me. ;)

But I must admit, I was pretty worthless today.
Good thing Dave and Mancunian kept us going in those conquest matches as I ended up negative most of the time.
You forgot to mention Olimpia, together you guys were slaughtering us.

Tawpgun

Please. Tell me the secret to leading shots with the nade launcher/tracer/rockets.

I feel it's either shitty hit detection or a terrible way of visualizing speed and distance. I can cross map a vehicle with a rocket in Halo. Can't do shit in BC2.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Add me up to this PS3 BC2 group up...

I'm online almost every day...I play mostly Medic/Engineer and when casually playing I pick Recon.

PSN: Mr_Affluenza

Biscuits

Hey PC BC2 players, I've been playing bc2 since May or so and I'd love to join you guys right now. I'll be joining the mumble channel - my bc2 nickname is b1ah.

I don't play through steam though since its a retail copy, and running the game by itself on my machine is barely playable right now, let alone having steam in the background, so its a no go.

olimpia84

-Silver- said:

That was on the Arica match. The first round of White Pass was a close one and we won because we had some clan dudes that joined late. For the next round of White Pass I decided to switch teams because it was really unbalanced (the other team had literally three clans: HHOUR, IFL and GAF) but unfortunately the rest of our team sucked bad. I invited meppi over but he didn't switch over. BLUE89 originally joined us and we started to look better but then he switched to the other team when he probably realized he had a better chance of winning...sigh..is W/L really that important? I prefer playing on the underdog team always because I like the challenge; it gets really boring if you are on a good team and you steamroll match after match.

meppi

-Silver- said:
He jumped ship to the other side after the first match where the team got split up. ;)

olimpia84 said:
I invited meppi over but he didn't switch over. BLUE89 originally joined us and we started to look better but then he switched to the other team when he probably realized he had a better chance of winning...sigh..is W/L really that important? I prefer playing on the underdog team always because I like the challenge; it gets really boring if you are on a good team and you steamroll match after match.
I wanted to switch over but couldn't because you were in a 4 person squad.
By the time I could switch, there just wasn't enough room left for the other two people I was playing with to do the same, so I couldn't leave them behind just to join up and ruin our game night. Sorry about that.

Figured you guys wanted to do a GAF vs GAF match and even up the teams, so that's how it remained for 3 games, till all but 2 guys suddenly left.
I really don't think our team was overpowered at all. We had about 5-6 good guys and some intermediate/mediocre players as well.

Cuban Legend said:
PC BC2-GAF PLAYTIME THIS FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHT

HOW TO:

1. Join the PC BC2-GAF Steam's Group to get a Steam Notification when the event begins:

2. Join PC GAF's Mumble Server to know where to meetup (we also use mumble for voice communication/chat since BC2's ingame one is broken 90% of the time).

-Event(s) for both nights have been Scheduled: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GAFBC2/events

The event is in Full swing, ladies and gentlemen, we've got over a dozen PC-BC2 GAFers playing with us while we chat in mumble! Join us!

LordCanti

JJD said:
Looks like I missed the fun today (Gaf vs. Gaf) :-(

It's still going. I can't figure out how to join though lol. I added the group on steam, but since I didn't buy BC2 on steam, it doesn't seem to want to let me join a server with anyone.

Top Bottom