• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Jas

Patrick Bateman said:
What the hell is going up with the stats? On PS3.

Yeah, it's been like that all afternoon.

I did eventually get my unlocks back, took 3-4 rounds.

Good games today, even with level 1 weapons it didn't make a difference :)

meppi

Goddamnit what a shitty night.

Played for over 2 hours and ended up being the only one who never got his weapons back. :mad:
To top that off 3 shitty level 50 entered that were playing ilk they had wall hacks or something. Lots of BS going on in that final game.
We still whooped their ass quite severely but still. No fun at all. :(

Deadly

Could anyone explain to me the sensitivity settings for the EM configurator? I did it abit randomly last time but I haven't played BC2 since I installed Win7 so I want to set it right this time.

Also my Windows 7 theme keeps resetting back to the basic one everytime I play. Normal? Is this also due to the 59hz problem thing?

blurrygil

Dug said:
So how many people in this "group" play BC2 on 360?

I do. Along with The Faceless Master and many others.

The Faceless Master said:
must be hate mail week

t8q8X.jpg

I remember that kid. Shame, since he just gave himself grounds to be reported back for his msg...lol.

BackwardsSuggestions said:
Just re-bought the game but I have no idea how to sign into my EA account. Keeps forcing me to make a new one.

This in game? Seems to me like I'm having the same problem right now.... might be that the login server's aren't working - I tried to play just now and couldn't connect... so, I'm thinking online isn't working.

ColonialRaptor said:
This in game? Seems to me like I'm having the same problem right now.... might be that the login server's aren't working - I tried to play just now and couldn't connect... so, I'm thinking online isn't working.

Yup. Cool, just glad it's not me being stupid.

BackwardsSuggestions said:
Yup. Cool, just glad it's not me being stupid.

Says something like something about 'if this is a new account please click cancel and try again' and then there is a 'Retry' and 'Cancel' right?

ColonialRaptor said:
Says something like something about 'if this is a new account please click cancel and try again' and then there is a 'Retry' and 'Cancel' right?

>Connecting

>Unable to log in

>Accept/Decline ToS

>Create account

That's what I get.

Dug said:
So how many people in this "group" play BC2 on 360?
I play as much as I can during the night. Add me, Old Gimlet Eyes. Lots of other gaffers play nightly as well. Off the top of my head, Faceless360, BillyCrystals, NOAgil, Adamsappel, Cheerful Dub and more that I am forgetting right now. So yeah, if you want free wins, hit any of us up with a friends invite.

Darkshier said:
I play as much as I can during the night. Add me, Old Gimlet Eyes. Lots of other gaffers play nightly as well. Off the top of my head, Faceless360, BillyCrystals, NOAgil, Adamsappel, Cheerful Dub and more that I am forgetting right now. So yeah, if you want free wins, hit any of us up with a friends invite.

I'm so doing that tonight. I'm tired of playing with randoms.

meppi

Those glitchers were pathetic, especially once they couldn't exploit that map anymore and got their asses handed to them to say the very least.

To bad the whole server froze after a couple of games.

There's a huge thunderstorm brewing over here, so I guess I better call it a night...

olimpia84

meppi said:
Those glitchers were pathetic, especially once they couldn't exploit that map anymore and got their asses handed to them to say the very least.

To bad the whole server froze after a couple of games.

There's a huge thunderstorm brewing over here, so I guess I better call it a night...

So that's what it was then? I joined that Laguna Alta game late but did notice at least two snipers in a weird location that I didn't recognize. I'm glad we kicked their asses on the second round.

Oh and that Harvest Day base rape....lol. I don't think I ever scored so many roadkills in my BC2 career like I did today.

abuC

olimpia84 said:
Oh and that Harvest Day base rape....lol. I don't think I ever scored so many roadkills in my BC2 career like I did today.
That was hilarious, I was watching you guys fly around like mad max. You either ran them over or your gunnerit them up with grenades

meppi said:
Glitchers? Do you mean they were getting to obscure areas by jumping on things/going temporarily out of bounds, or do you mean they were exploiting geometry glitches by going under the map (etc.)?

There are lots of shortcuts/obscure places you can get to on the maps by jumping on certain things, going temporarily out of bounds in the right places, etc. and personally I don't have any problem with people using them (and I often use them myself). To me that's nothing like the PBR glitch in Vietnam.

endlessflood said:
There are lots of shortcuts/obscure places you can get to on the maps by jumping on certain things, going temporarily out of bounds in the right places, etc. and personally I don't have any problem with people using them (and I often use them myself). To me that's nothing like the PBR glitch in Vietnam.

Nothing feels better than out sniping Laguna alta hill snipers with a sub-machine gun.

or even better, heavy metal windmill snipers :)

Anyway, got home from a long day of work + studying at the library -> saw abuc, evolved and olimipia on -> jumped on -> abu/evolved left right as I was on -> joined olimpia -> olimpia playing HC conquest with a full squad -> no squad -> sad me -> goes nap now.

olimpia84 said:
So that's what it was then? I joined that Laguna Alta game late but did notice at least two snipers in a weird location that I didn't recognize. I'm glad we kicked their asses on the second round.

There's two spot's on Laguna Alta, that you can get to by jumping/vehicle only.
The huge hill where the waterfall runs off and also the green mountain right behind the US's spawn (faceless has driven the tanks all the way up to the top and has pretty much full view of the maps.)

The waterfall spot is extremely overrated - since once you're discovered you're pretty much in plain spot. Really dumb wookie squads will just spawn on each other there constantly and get killed over and over again. That or mortar death.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dreamgazer said:
Nothing feels better than out sniping Laguna alta hill snipers with a sub-machine gun.

Anyway, got home from a long day of work + studying at the library -> saw abuc, evolved and olimipia on -> jumped on -> abu/evolved left right as I was on -> joined olimpia -> olimpia playing HC conquest with a full squad -> no squad -> sad me -> goes nap now.

Sorry about that... needed a break and didn't actually see you on.

What are you studying for again?

Dreamgazer said:

The huge hill where the waterfall runs off and also the green mountain right behind the US's spawn (faceless has driven the tanks all the way up to the top and has pretty much full view of the maps.)

The waterfall spot is extremely overrated - since once you're discovered you're pretty much in plain spot. Really dumb wookie squads will just spawn on each other there constantly and get killed over and over again. That or mortar death.
mountains behind US base are so ridiculous!

get 1-2 recons up there and you can light up the whole map with spotting. the whole team knows where all the enemies are, no surprises. and you can cover all 3 flags and both bases too!

Mikasangelos said:
Im assuming im playing with a buncha Gaffers at the moment, we are steam rolling.
some GAF, some RK1, some Dr's, some others...

red731

Hello guys, check tis post.

To begin this, let me say that I don't have BC2 and am practicing on other fps games like KZ2 and for the most of the time now, RE2.

First "real" war game will be BF3 that I have preordered on PS3 so that is where I will be playing.

I would like to join some clan with people I can be in touch daily and NeoGAF is just a place for this. Am here at home, at work, not while on lake...

Playing Resistace2 with people that are not tacticaly thinking makes me come up with new flanking techhniques using them as bait and me as hunter to overcome the enemy.

The same is with using map to see enemies, crouching, jumping, sidestepping and using environment to my advantage.

If there will be any PS3 clan here and you guys would like to welcome someone new, whom you never played with to see, if that written here is true, then bring it on and teach me on how to become better squadmate and not a lone hunter.

I even have head set, but I will have to buy new. One I have is earpiece and I have surround sound so playing with both is a mess to listen on other side.

ace3skoot

I will be a bf newb too hoping on joining a clan/group on PS3 at the release of BF3, Ive never really been apart of a gaming community and whilst i am a newb I'm willing to take the time to learn and get good. So glad there will be dedicated servers for console :) so feel free to add me guys though let me know your from Gaf.

ace-anbu-marty

Dreamgazer said:

You mean Laguna Presa rather than Laguna Alta, right?

meppi

olimpia84 said:

Yeah, they were up there with all 4 people for a while.
I started dropping mortar strikes in their asses.
Problem seems to be that most people try to aim their mortar strikes at the edges of the cliff.
The best thing you can do it stand somewhat underneath it and aim it as the base of the cliff where the slab of rock starts coming out of the wall.
That way the mortar strike targets the center of their plateau which sends them into a panic and makes for easier shooting from a bit further.
Some even jumped down out of panic lol.
Got a could of guys that way.

Again, what a worthless POS clan.

Just looking at how Harvest Day went says enough really. :D
At one point they seemed to get so mad at AbuC that they went after his tank with 2 other tanks as well as a stationary and 2 engineers on top. lol
I was repairing non-stop but couldn't keep it together. Surprised our little metal horse lasted so long. :)

When I try to connect right now it's telling me "failed to connect to EA online" anyone else having trouble?

What's going on... couldn't connect last night either :/

Edit - so it's tuesday server maintenance night... how long does that usually last? apparently they went down two hours ago, so they should be back in like ten minutes right? two hour maintain?

Evolved1

meppi said:
At one point they seemed to get so mad at AbuC that they went after his tank with 2 other tanks as well as a stationary and 2 engineers on top. lol
I was repairing non-stop but couldn't keep it together. Surprised our little metal horse lasted so long. :)

The other day I got an ace pin basically just from repairing Abu's tank on Harvest Day. I mean I did other stuff too, but a lot of points from repairs. We were getting pounded from every direction, but I just kept switching between the gun and repair. I was actually a little annoyed because I had smoke equipped (useless spec for the gunner and you lose v-warhead so the .50 cal is even less effective). I knew they'd be packing hardcore tracers, and they were, but abu had a different vehicle specialization... armor maybe? I don't know. But we were lit up like a christmas tree and I was repairing like a madman. It felt like work lol. But we kept the tank up the entire round until the last attack on B in the house on the hill.

Moral of the story: a good team in a tank can give the enemy fits... they must have been so pissed. Landing over a dozen (at least) rockets and we kept chugging on.

meppi

Evolved1 said:
The other day I got an ace pin basically just from repairing Abu's tank on Harvest Day. I mean I did other stuff too, but a lot of points from repairs. We were getting pounded from every direction, but I just kept switching between the gun and repair. I was actually a little annoyed because I had smoke equipped (useless spec for the gunner and you lose v-warhead so the .50 cal is even less effective). I knew they'd be packing hardcore tracers, and they were, but abu had a different vehicle specialization... armor maybe? I don't know. But we were lit up like a christmas tree and I was repairing like a madman. It felt like work lol. But we kept the tank up the entire round until the last attack on B in the house on the hill.

Moral of the story: a good team in a tank can give the enemy fits... they must have been so pissed. Landing over a dozen (at least) rockets and we kept chugging on.

Oh absolutely! :)

I have to say he's absolutely crazy when he's in a tank!
I have a tendency to spot anything and everything, even before I release my first rounds, so normally when I'm gunning I tend to take out 60-80% of what I spot, but not this time.
I think I was able to take out 4-5 guys tops because he would literally blow them to smithereens the second I spotted them, or even before I noticed them. lol

BTW popping a smoke whenever I jumped out to repair was very much appreciated.
In my 350+ hours I played this year, this was the first time I noticed someone doing that.
First time he did it, I thought to myself: you clever motherf.... :D

blurrygil

meppi said:
In my 350+ hours I played this year, this was the first time I noticed someone doing that.

I f*ckin love the GAF...

FYI to all 360 players: My FL is full again. Gotta do a full overhaul of the fridge again tonight (provided I can peel away from Deus Ex) and I'll be happy to add GAF'ers. Try sending me a msg rather than a FR, first. And I'll add you when I make the time.

BTW, I have to give thanks to the RK's, Dr's and Faceless + others. You guys have taught me plenty in the many hours we've fought together, and I'm still getting better.

So yah: Play with GAF = Free Team Winnar pinz

Unless you're playing a very evil clan from Japan........

abuC

Evolved1 said:

Haha, yeah I've been using armor a lot more since I've come back, my aim isn't that great so I figure extra padding will help more than smoke. They must have hit us with 30 rockets no exaggeration either, it was just a constant stream of them.

blurrygil

abuC said:
Haha, yeah I've been using armor a lot more since I've come back, my aim isn't that great so I figure extra padding will help more than smoke. They must have hit us with 30 rockets no exaggeration either, it was just a constant stream of them.

Hopefully the other squads on yer team were able to reach their objectives.

abuC

meppi said:
Oh absolutely! :)

I have to say he's absolutely crazy when he's in a tank!
I have a tendency to spot anything and everything, even before I release my first rounds, so normally when I'm gunning I tend to take out 60-80% of what I spot, but not this time.
I think I was able to take out 4-5 guys tops because he would literally blow them to smithereens the second I spotted them, or even before I noticed them. lol

No problem, I used to turn the tank to shield engineers from fire too, but that didn't always work out too well for me.

abuC

blurrygil said:
Hopefully the other squads on yer team were able to reach their objectives.
We won that game with relative ease, the tank survived all the way until the last set before a wookie with c4 got it.

Evolved1

meppi said:
Oh absolutely! :)BTW popping a smoke whenever I jumped out to repair was very much appreciated.

I've been doing this for a long time as well... goes back to my socom days and using smoke on objectives.

As a tank pilot, besides your own skill, the number one most important thing is to keep the tank functional. You keep it alive, you can pound the shit out of the other team. You lose it, you're stuck in infantry role. I mean, it's common sense, but you know how many people just rush right in and get the thing destroyed.

Anyway... it follows that the most important asset to a tank pilot would be a good gunner/engineer. He keeps the tank alive and the .50 cal can be freaking mean as shit under the right circumstances. I've always thought my job as a tank pilot is to think about position (threat assessment and ability to get fire where it's most effective) and especially how to keep my engineer copilot alive. This means shielding them from fire while they repair, either with the tank, or with smoke... or even something in the environment. I use smoke sometimes to help other tank crews. If I see them low on health I'll drive over and pop smoke on them. Often they get the idea and use it for repair cover.

The only issues with tank smoke is that it causes the frostbite freeze. So the last couple months I've been trying to hit lvl 50... I didn't want to lose a bunch of progress because I got kicked. But now I don't care about points, so it's back to smoke!

Can't wait for BF3 they have smoke grenades!

meppi

Well that's certainly a big section that I have to improve upon.
At first I didn't even dare to drive or fly something as I was completely useless, but at least in a tank I've started to become somewhat decent.
Nothing special though. And certainly nothing that is on such a level to incorporate these kinds of elevated tactics.

While they seem perfectly reasonable and straight forward to use, in actual combat I still don't have the skill needed to add that addition layer to my repertoire.

That's the thing I love about talking about this kinda stuff and being part of it on the battlefield. You learn all kinds of things from different people that you normally wouldn't even pick up, or at least not this fast.

Have to say that I think rock was probably the biggest influence on me trying to use the tanks in a meaningful way.
Learned quite a bit from being a gunner for him.
But like I said, there's certainly lots of room for improvement on my side. ;)

Are we playing by meppi time now?
Otherwise I'm going to screw studying for the night and get ready to play instead of going to library to study/fail.

WHOOTZ

Top Bottom