• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

olimpia84

I've been part of two epic matches in the past few days. The first in White Pass Conquest: the other team was just better than ours but towards the end we started picking up (I had to put my headset on the yell at my random squadmates...). Towards the end all I see is the ticket count 7 vs 4 in their favor along with the map showing a crapload of red triangles on B. Since my squadmates and I were the only ones there against all those enemies I thought we were done for sure, but I managed to kill two enemies and stay alive (with a blood covered vision, probably 2% health left) and then the screen goes black and I hear the "victory song" (although it said my team lost...seriously fix that shit please).

The other one came last nigh in Arica. Again the other team was way better than ours and at the end they had all three flags so I guess this was one of the weird occasions where we killed more enemies faster than the bleeding + killing rate of the other team. This match was fucking war, it was 12 on 12, most people were level 50s and there wasn't a single sniping recon in either team. I've never played such an intense match before. In the end, I look at the ticket count and I see "0 vs 0" and then the screen goes black and....victory song again! It felt amazing and for the next round most people in the other team quit =p

F#A#Oo

Banned
vaelic said:
what gun do you all use for assault class/think is the best to use atm?

I don't stay on one weapon...also I believe there is no best gun (atleast not ala COD)...but if I was pushed the G3 with magnum ammo seems pretty strong so is the M1A1 Thompson with the right set-up...

It really depends on your playstyle...

Woorloog

Banned
I'll play playing BFBC2 Conquest (but can play Rush and Vietnam as well) on Xbox360, gamertag: Empyrus in case someone wants to play.
Have headset, feel free to ask me to repeat in case you can't undrestand my pronunciation.
EDIT will be playing an hour or two probably, starting now

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
scogoth said:
Switch between the two; third person vehicle view will give you situational awareness and allow you to not be blown up by C4, first person allows better aiming.

Once again: Can't stand it. I'm a first person driving person and I get in and out in first person. Why the hell would I suddenly switch to be out of my body?

Besides, I keep the tank moving and am paranoid about C4 in general.

abuC

I lost my mojo, since coming back I've been horrible, losing most close range fights and basically not being able to kill people at distance with ARs. I expected to suck after such a long layoff but this is worse than I thought it would be.

Larry Holmes status, flabby and sick.

Ocho

TheSeks said:
Once again: Can't stand it. I'm a first person driving person and I get in and out in first person. Why the hell would I suddenly switch to be out of my body?

Because this is a video game, and such thing is feasible. Really gives an edge to those who use it over those who don't. Awareness on a tank > everything else.

Woorloog

Banned
Hmm, two maps with a good team, winning all 4 rounds. Then Harvest Day... we win both but by the second round, the enemy team had gotten considerably better and it was hard battle. Defended Bravo viciously, but didn't use the UAV. Strange people. Though that UAV station is quite coverless... I got knifed maybe 3 or 4 times due flying UAV.
I'd like to play Assault but i'm always needed in some other role. Enemies have tanks and my team doesn't quite do anything, or the enemy team has a lot of snipers or they're in good places and i need to counter snipe. Urgh.

olimpia84

abuC said:
I lost my mojo, since coming back I've been horrible, losing most close range fights and basically not being able to kill people at distance with ARs. I expected to suck after such a long layoff but this is worse than I thought it would be.

Larry Holmes status, flabby and sick.

That explains why you didn't get any ace pins last night =p

JJD

abuC said:
Yeah, mostly after I fire so I can see the arc of the shell to make corrections, I go back and forth between the viewpoints.

Wow...never thought of that. Thanks for the tip!

TheSeks

ochobit said:
Really gives an edge to those who use it over those who don't. Awareness on a tank > everything else.

You say that, but I keep the tank moving. And when I don't, I spot anyone that is coming up in front or to the sides of me. The only exception is behind me, because I can't keep an eye and ear on that front.

*shrug* I make do and use the tank for whoring in first person view and have rarely been C4'd, ask the rest of PS3 GAF or ask Calion about the two times I've had 6 rockets hitting a tank with me piloting it and holding it while annoying the shit out of the defenders while he gets out, goes to the back to repair and I'm decimating enemies. I don't see the point of third person.

abuC

Ejas and JJD sorry about that horrible flying, I'd advise getting in any vehicle with me for a while. I looked at my stat history and its like two different people playing this game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
abuC said:
Ejas and JJD sorry about that horrible flying, I'd advise getting in any vehicle with me for a while. I looked at my stat history and its like two different people playing this game.

Actually... you're still the same. It's just that the rest of us got waaaay better. Snooze you lose bro.

:0

abuC

Evolved1 said:
Actually... you're still the same. It's just that the rest of us got waaaay better. Snooze you lose bro.

:0
I finished dead last the other day and that was without any GAFers playing with or against :(

I'd be fine with everyone from GAF being better, I fully expect to suck when I go to the big leagues on PC for BF3, but finishing last to randoms is soul crushing.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
Sony is half-steppin' with that $50 pricedrop...

How about they half step on fixing my PS3 for free? No? :(

Evolved1

abuC said:
I finished dead last the other day and that was without any GAFers playing with or against :(

I'd be fine with everyone from GAF being better, I fully expect to suck when I go to the big leagues on PC for BF3, but finishing last to randoms is soul crushing.

I was just kidding dude I still consider you top gaffer. Though some day I'd like to battle you in a tank, because I pride myself in tank piloting and you seem to be the guy to beat.

abuC said:
How many console players are going to get BF3 on PC?

A lot of us are going to I think... I know Dream is planning on it. I will be on PS3PC. But I have to build a PC first. I want to make the rig somewhat future-proof though, so it might be late fall when I get the money together to buy all the components.

JJD

abuC said:

Come on man, don't be like that! Everyone is happy to have you back! You're still top dog around here, and you ALWAYS contribute to the team regardless of getting the Ace Pin!

I'll gladly jump at every opportunity to be your gunner! I hope you continue playing, enough of of this sabbatical shit! Lol!

Now we just need Dreamgazer and Seks back...

Did you heard about the price drop Seks? There's still Uncharted 3 and Dark Souls coming besides BF3! ;-)

abuC

Evolved1 said:
I was just kidding dude I still consider you top gaffer. Though some day I'd like to battle you in a tank, because I pride myself in tank piloting and you seem to be the guy to beat.

A lot of us are going to I think... I know Dream is planning on it. I will be on PS3PC. But I have to build a PC first. I want to make the rig somewhat future-proof though, so it might be late fall when I get the money together to buy all the components.
Haha, 40 tread paces and we slowly turn our turrets around, deal?

I'm going to build a PC in the same vein too, and I'll probably double dip and get it for Ps3 as well. I think PC GAF could be even more dominant than they are now with the influx of 360/Ps3 players, it could get really ugly for opposing teams.

olimpia84

guys, next time we do GAF vs GAF please switch teams accordingly so that the teams are balanced. I kept bouncing from one team to another to try and make things even and sent invites to try and keep things equal but some of you refused to switch =/

TheSeks

@Abu: I changed my PS3 pre-order to PC. But I simply don't have the cash or job to build a PC. It royally sucks. :/ I've been attempting to get work for months since my PS3 died and nada. :/

Nabs

abuC said:

I'm going to build a PC in the same vein too, and I'll probably double dip and get it for Ps3 as well. I think PC GAF could be even more dominant than they are now with the influx of 360/Ps3 players, it could get really ugly for opposing teams.
iamsogoodnfix.gif

Yo Seks, if you ever wanna play some 3S sometime, hit me with a PM so I see the msg. I haven't played in months, but I want to get a few games in before it gets dropped :(

abuC

JJD said:
Come on man, don't be like that! Everyone is happy to have you back! You're still top dog around here, and you ALWAYS contribute to the team regardless of getting the Ace Pin!

I'll gladly jump at every opportunity to be your gunner! I hope you continue playing, enough of of this sabbatical shit! Lol!

Now we just need Dreamgazer and Seks back...

Did you heard about the price drop Seks? There's still Uncharted 3 and Dark Souls coming besides BF3! ;-)
Haha, thanks, I don't care about ace pins that much, my issue is my aim is way off, with vehicles and with the assault rifles/shotguns especially. It's more frustrating than anything else, since those are the weapons I use the most.

There's no NBA this year, so my gaming time will go up. Where's Crakatak? I'm hoping to see Seks on Pc, his rants after games are the best.

Evolved1

abuC said:

Haha sounds good. And we each get to pick our gunner/engineer co-pilot. lol

It's going to take me forever to adjust back to kb&m. I started gaming on PC and then eventually migrated to console. I prefer almost every shooter with a gamepad but I realize it's not really competitive in PC land. I recently played through Deus Ex for the millionth time and realized how rusty I am with the keyboard... it was ugly. I think I'd probably be a liability in the beginning.

TheSeks

Nabs said:
Yo Seks, if you ever wanna play some 3S sometime, hit me with a PM so I see the msg. I haven't played in months, but I want to get a few games in before it gets dropped :(

Friday or Saturday depending on plans I'm good to play all day.

There is supercade unless that gets its support dropped as well.

abuC

TheSeks said:
@Abu: I changed my PS3 pre-order to PC. But I simply don't have the cash or job to build a PC. It royally sucks. :/ I've been attempting to get work for months since my PS3 died and nada. :/
That sucks, we made a good team, I hope you can find work to get back with the crew.

abuC

Evolved1 said:
Haha sounds good. And we each get to pick our gunner/engineer co-pilot. lol

It's going to take me forever to adjust back to kb&m. I started gaming on PC and then eventually migrated to console. I prefer almost every shooter with a gamepad but I realize it's not really competitive in PC land. I recently played through Deus Ex for the millionth time and realized how rusty I am with the keyboard... it was ugly. I think I'd probably be a liability in the beginning.
I've never played on PC outside of BF2 demo for about 20 mins and I'm contemplating using a controller. I know it'll be a big disadvantage but I'm not sure if I can adapt to kb/m.

TheSeks

Nabs said:
True. The only prob with Supercade is that it documents your fail. Friday/Sat sounds good!

Cool. I'll PM you to let you know.

And yeah, you should see how bad I played Garou on Supercade. :lol

AbuC said:
That sucks, we made a good team, I hope you can find work to get back with the crew.

Yeah, it's certainly not a lack of trying at this point. I really don't know what is the hangup in hiring me. :/

I've never played on PC outside of BF2 demo for about 20 mins and I'm contemplating using a controller. I know it'll be a big disadvantage but I'm not sure if I can adapt to kb/m.

Play Q3A against bots at QuakeLive.com, practice mode is the bot mode. Don't go into public arenas unless you're ready to be destroyed. Once you get some rail or rocket leading skills down, the rest will follow.

I haven't played Q3A in years. ;___;

Or play TF2 where it doesn't matter if you suck so long as you contribute. It's F2P with a Steam account now. Cut your teeth less there compared to Q3A since you can relax and get back on the keyboard and mouse horse.

Nabs

Don't stress about m/kb, you'll catch on quickly. We all had to adjust to it at one point. The Quakelive suggestion is good.

TheSeks said:
Cool. I'll PM you to let you know.

And yeah, you should see how bad I played Garou on Supercade. :lol

lol. I got wrecked in Garou as well by some dude who was just sitting there waiting for fresh meat.

Evolved1

abuC said:

In vehicles the difference is negligible and maybe even slight advantage to gamepad... but out of vehicles... I don't know man... I don't want to get murdered. I play a team support role, which means I support when necessary, however necessary, and often that means being in the thick of the action is what's needed most. I couldn't just hang back and repair vehicles or whatever. I like taking objectives and tearing through three or four guys to do it. Just not gonna happen with a gamepad vs kb/m... even if they are average players. I'll get so frustrated dieing when I know I shouldn't have. So... I'll get acclimated to a new way of playing (even if it means a few painful weeks in the beginning) so I feel like a prime-time BF player.

Of course I will try the gamepad... just out of curiosity. I have a sneaking suspicion some of us pad users are a little better than we get credit for. Especially in a game like BF, that isn't exactly counter strike or Quake or whatnot. But I don't think good enough to close the gap against the good pc players.

I don't know... we'll see.

TheSeks

Eh, I consider myself support but I go on the frontlines when dumbasses won't push or I need to get into a base quickly after "BASE TAKEN, MOVE UP" happens.

@Nabs: Happen to know a way to bind PPP/KKK to L1/L2 on GGPO? They won't let me rebind from F/V. :/

Jas

abuC said:

You never have to apologize abu, my shitty gunning contributed plenty to us getting shot down. Like JJD I'd gun for you anytime.

As far as console guys going PC I know Memory Cure / BrLvgThrChmstry is on PC now, played with him a little bit in the BF3 alpha. I'll be going with both so I'll be there too.

No_Style

abuC said:
How many console players are going to get BF3 on PC?

Not right away. Maybe double dip once the game hits $10 or $20. The allure of the comfy couch, controller & my 5.1 setup is too great. (Hell, I may even play the PC version w/ controller when I get it)

So unless the PS3 version runs like utter crap, I'm sticking by it.

CatPee

meppi said:
Not me. Sticking with PS3. Possibly buying the WiiU version in the future if there are big improvements.

The money you'll spend towards a Wii U could probably build what's considered a high-end rig nowadays by that time. Besides, who the hell would wanna play an FPS with a Wii U controller?

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention this, but LOL at dat UAV tipping power. I need to start trolling enemy tanks with that on Arica Harbor Rush.

meppi

If I have to choose between a WiiU and a PC, which I don't, I certainly know what I'm picking. :p

I have no interest whatsoever in PC gaming and don't mind my games looking a like dirty peasant versions.

Top Bottom