• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

olimpia84

I'm in need of a new computer, the problem is that I don't want to buy a desktop so my only option to play BF3 will be a gaming laptop and those are too damn expensive. I guess I'll wait until prices drop in the computer world. In the meantime I'll get the PS3 version (already preordered).

CatPee said:
The money you'll spend towards a Wii U could probably build what's considered a high-end rig nowadays by that time. Besides, who the hell would wanna play an FPS with a Wii U controller?

WiiU supports Wiimotes as well.

Ocho

Evolved1 said:
A lot of us are going to I think... I know Dream is planning on it. I will be on PS3PC. But I have to build a PC first. I want to make the rig somewhat future-proof though, so it might be late fall when I get the money together to buy all the components.

I'll be part of the fun on PS3. :D

JJD

meppi said:
Well that makes me happy at least. :)

I'll be there for PS3 Gaf too. As much as I would like a gaming computer, I don't have the patience or the time to re-learn to play FPS with KB/M.

The Faceless Master said:

Hey..
(Pardon my ignorance) I added the GAF GT and was accepted..should I be able to join games in progress off of it? When I looked at the GT's Friends List I saw you were playing but couldn't join directly..I filtered the map/game type and was randomly placed in your server.

-Silver-

JJD said:
I'll be there for PS3 Gaf too. As much as I would like a gaming computer, I don't have the patience or the time to re-learn to play FPS with KB/M.
Same here.Although, I will be giving the Beta a go on PC when it comes out in September.

meppi

JJD said:
Yeah, the last game I seriously played with KB/M was Half-Life Deathmatch. ;)
Was quite good at it as well if I say so myself, but then again my best friend at the time was one of the top players in the world.
So I watched him playing for hours and hours on end and picked up a lot of techniques and strategies that 99% of the people playing at the time didn't even think about.

That's something I really find lacking about PSN.
The way that classic multiplayer games like that and Quake III Arena for instance haven't been released on it and probably never will be.

Nabs

You guys gotta get over the m/kb hump sometime. It's not hard to use (hold w!) and it feels so good in games like bf3/cod.

We should get a console-gaf quakelive game going one night. That would be real cool (and fun!).

meppi

Nabs said:
You guys gotta get over the m/kb hump sometime. It's not hard to use (hold w!) and it feels so good in games like bf3/cod.

We should get a console-gaf quakelive game going one night. That would be real cool (and fun!).
It's not just the controls that bother me, it's the whole setup that I dislike.
Just not for me I guess.

HIGH DEF JEFF said:
Hey..
(Pardon my ignorance) I added the GAF GT and was accepted..should I be able to join games in progress off of it? When I looked at the GT's Friends List I saw you were playing but couldn't join directly..I filtered the map/game type and was randomly placed in your server.
if it doesn't show, there's a trick to get the "join session" option when view the person's profile to pop up... when you're looking at the person's profile, go to "compare games", wait for the icons to load, then go back and it should appear.

Vormund

Was playing 360 version last night. Oh dear god I suck at this game. I had one positive kdr out of 8 games :(

My BF2 kdr was much better looking at my old stats. :/ (I know kdr isn't everything though)

abuC

Just played with Dave, Rock and Vasilik on Arica and I have never seen a team so intent on taking the bridge on the 3rd set. It was great, they had like 8 medics on their team and it was just one long firefight on the bridge.

Just had my first really good game in awhile. Lately I just haven't been in sync all that much and it got pretty annoying. I decided to tone down my sensitivity and my aim seemed to have improved a lot. I also flew the helicopter correctly for the first time!

Izayoi

Banned
meppi said:
It's not just the controls that bother me, it's the whole setup that I dislike.
Just not for me I guess.
Bububu... 64 players! Commorose! It's not just visuals that are different this time around. You really would be missing out.

Soma

How many console players are going to get BF3 on PC?

i'll be on PS3 for Battlefield 3 like i am for BC2, at least for a while.

i have no job at the moment for a PC so my PS3 will have to suffice for the time being.

Ocho

Battlefield 3 News: Console server browser confirmed!

Also: 64 player matches are Conquest only on PC (Rush is still 32 players, like in BFBC2). Imo, Conquest is great and all, but I have a much better time in Rush. Now I don't feel THAT left out for picking up the console version.

betterthanexpected.gif

meppi

That's very good news.
One thing I missed from moving from KZ2 to BC2 was server lists.

Makes it so much easier to find a game you'd like.

I've had too many instances where I left a game full of morons, searched for a new game and was dropped back into the same one. :-/

I wonder what kind of customization options we'll be getting for setting up servers, if any.

just saw this on the EAUK forums... i swear i dreamed something very similar to this!

2qd0w0h.jpg

meppi

The Faceless Master said:
theoretical conquest layout
How silly o me. I didn't give a second thought about the markers on the map.

Not sure if that would work very well actually.
Seems like everything would be one big choke point except for B.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
moonspeak said:
i'll be on PS3 for Battlefield 3 like i am for BC2, at least for a while.

i have no job at the moment for a PC so my PS3 will have to suffice for the time being.

Well no job might mean no PC but it sure give you more time for Bf3.

That rhymed.

Who are you on PSN? ...I'm still getting everyone confused and I lost Dream's list.

Evolved1

Alt fire on the UAV is such fucking bullshit.

Just trash. You have to be a real loser to get your kills that way. Especially in harcore. It's retarded.

scogoth

Evolved1 said:

Just trash. You have to be a real loser to get your kills that way. Especially in harcore. It's retarded.

Or just shoot the UAV down. Its not that hard.

Ocho

Evolved1 said:

What? I am a loser. :(

IMACOMPUTA

Evolved1 said:

I dont think i've ever tried alt fire in the UAV. What is it?

Evolved1

ochobit said:
What? I am a loser. :(

You are the biggest loser! :)

scogoth said:
Or just shoot the UAV down. Its not that hard.

Actually... against someone who knows what they're doing, and equipped with the wrong kit, it is quite hard.

I just have a magnet on my back for the damn thing. An entire team of people and I get hassled by the little prick over and over. In HC you can't spot it... and it's very easy for it to get away during your reload or whatever. And whether or not your rounds land on it seems to be a dice roll.

Evolved1

I think meppi is one of our best PS3Gafers now... good games dude.

You and Cal started late but have become go-to guys. Of course Cal has since abandoned us. :/

Also props to Ejas. Seems like whenever we are in a squad together "best squad" pin is a lock. :)

meppi

Well that certainly was something... :D

Has a great time tonight and I really wish there was a camera option as I witnessed not one but two Battlefield™ moments tonight.

The first one was on Oasis attack.
I'm driving my tank halfway down the road to the fist set, when I notice from afar that someone had thrown mines on the side of the road and hid behind the house.
I blow up the mines and start to tear down the house. I hit him but can't kill him.
The defenders are shooting rockets left and right as well as that special mounted grenade launcher on the second floor and even the AA at me.
I take out the AA, take out the grenade launcher while our chopper takes out the infantry.

Then I turn my attention back to the house next to me.
At this point someone on my squad mentions there's a recon besides me that I didn't even see.
I back up and shove a shell up his ass wondering what he was doing sitting there crouched in front of the house looking at me not even 3 meters away.
Then I realize what he was doing, he called an air strike.

At this time an enemy tank rolls up to me as I back up out of the airstrike, shoot 2 shells at it as I realize he had the edge on me and will fire first. So I jump out as my tank only has 8% left, quickly pull out my AT4 and blow it up.
I turn around and the guy that was hiding all along and threw the mines has jumped into my tank.
Now I know I don't have time to reload since he is swinging the barrel straight at my face, so I take my took and destroy the tank that way.
As it blows up, he jumps out and tries to knife me, as I'm still out of ammo, I turn to my pistol and shoot him in the face.

Holy crap. :)

The second one was during conquest in Panama Canal.
We're having a hell of a time trying to keep C.
It goes back and forth all the time. I'm playing attack recon with a SV98 and x4 as I jump into C and notice about 6 guys hiding in and around the containers in the building as I throw a motion ball.
As I'm in the middle, all I can do is go crazy and try to take out at least a couple before I bite the bullet.
First I snipe the one guy who realizes I'm there as he walks into the container I'm entering. With my handgun I take out his teammate who's right behind him.
I want to go into the other container now so I can reload, but as I do, I see 2 guys crouched in there, one is reloading.
I stab the first one and swipe at the second one, killing both. Only have a second to reload my SV98 as 2medics come in.
I shoot the first and realize I'm completely screwed now, so I pick up whatever kit is closest to me.
This happens to be an LMG. So I pull the trigger and don't let go. His buddy goes down with remarkable easy as I see 2 more guys enter the container, yet again from the other side. Without letting go of the trigger, I mow those two down as well. lol
Then it's time to revive the one person who was crazy enough to spawn on me in my moment of madness. ;)

Besides these two stupidly crazy moments there were a couple more where I just said WTF.
At Harvest day for instance, I knifed 5 people in a row as they were sitting around B trying to take it over.

On the first Heavy Metal I shot down two choppers with my tank. One with a shell and a second with my machine gun.
All the while enemy tanks were dropping like flies as it seemed my shells were magnetically charged all of a sudden. :)

Then on the second Heavy Metal I ended up with a K/D of 10/0 even though I was jumping, running and driving all over the place.
Never happened before.

What a crazy night.
Too bad I had to stop since I have a huge headache from playing so long.

edit
Evolved1 said:

You and Cal started late but have become go-to guys. Of course Cal has since abandoned us. :/

Also props to Ejas. Seems like whenever we are in a squad together "best squad" pin is a lock. :)
Thanks man. :)
I have my days. ;)

Just wish it would always be like this as it certainly was soooooooo much fun tonight.
But on certain nights I want to throw my controller at the wall out of frustration. Very weird how the game sometimes flows without you having to break a sweat and sometimes nothing you try seems to work.
Can't wait for BC3. Gonna be so much fun.

abuC

Here's how ps3 Gaf rolls: 4 engineers, 1 tank all 4 engineers running after the tank repairing it. It looks like a pit crew out there sometimes, rocks tank just wouldn't die.

Jas

Evolved1 said:

I think you have more to do with that than anything else :)

Good games tonight PS3 Gaf!

Top Bottom