• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

JJD

LordCanti said:
It's still going. I can't figure out how to join though lol. I added the group on steam, but since I didn't buy BC2 on steam, it doesn't seem to want to let me join a server with anyone.

I'm a PS3 player! But it's nice to see more gaffers joining the Gaf BF platoon! Believe me, if you have never played with the PS3 or PC guys, it's going to be an entirely different experience! I can't really play with randoms anymore.

Evolved1 said:
It was pretty vicious on PS3. A bit too heated for me today.

It's funny because I think I always play worse when I'm playing against friends. It also doesn't help that I'm playing like shit for the past couple weeks.

My skill level went from the higher 600 to the lower 600 if I'm right. I'm not playing assault anymore as I have platined every weapon, I think I'm alright as a engineer, but I absolutely suck as a medic or recon.

RS4-

LordCanti said:
How do I find you guys? I've got BC2 through Origin, like a peasant. Username BulletSmurf.

Just add people via the soldier thing on BC2; that's the only way I found the server lol.

GGs tonight. Sorry Nabs about the tank driving on Heavy Metal; what a lousy map!

soldier name: pinbacker

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
JJD said:
It's funny because I think I always play worse when I'm playing against friends. It also doesn't help that I'm playing like shit for the past couple weeks.

My skill level went from the higher 600 to the lower 600 if I'm right. I'm not playing assault anymore as I have platined every weapon, I think I'm alright as a engineer, but I absolutely suck as a medic or recon.

Medic is hard for me... I hate the LMG's.

Recon you can play almost like assault or engineer (CQB) while you're working on the VSS (ACOG) but it can be a downer with traditional rifles. I just don't think they contribute very much to teamplay, even the good "sniper" recons, so I don't like doing it anymore.

If your goal is to plat every weapon... well good luck to you. I couldn't do it. Just hate medic and Recon too much.

Playing against gaf is a good litmus test for your own skill because all of us are good players. Far better than playing against randoms. And we know a lot of each other's tendencies. There were a bunch of times today I knew exactly which gaffer I was looking at before I killed them/was killed by them. Too funny.

I was a little burnt out on BF this morning though... so not the best time to test myself against the wrecking crew. Hopefully we'll get another gaf-off soon when I'm really in the mood for it.

Nabs

RS4- said:
Just add people via the soldier thing on BC2; that's the only way I found the server lol.

GGs tonight. Sorry Nabs about the tank driving on Heavy Metal; what a lousy map!

soldier name: pinbacker

Hey, we didn't die, so no problems here!

Had fun guys. Hopefully BF3 solves the friend problem and makes it easier on all of us.

RS4-, didn't know you were pinbacker, were you in Mumble?

GG's tonight, we had 15 people at one point
lol.gif
Although playing BC2's Conquest maps reminded me of how many of them suck.

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
RS4-, didn't know you were pinbacker, were you in Mumble?

GG's tonight, we had 15 people at one point
lol.gif
Although playing BC2's Conquest maps reminded me of how many of them suck.

Every second I was playing, I was thinking "God, this sucks compared to BF3" lol

GG's everyone.

Ok is there some kind of cheat on the 360 I don't know about? I was guarding the B MCOM on the 2nd part of Arica Harbor in that house-my eyes trained on the bomb, not 4 feet from me when all of a sudden the bomb is armed. I can assure you no one snuck up on it-I was watching it.

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
I didn't want to be a party pooper but I felt the same way, haha.

I came in late, and my new headset was set to mute for much of the time we were playing. I'm sure "agghghhh this fucking NETCODE!" came out of my mouth at some point, but no one was able to hear it.

Booshka

Anyone else getting a "Failed to connect to EA Online" status on 360. Trying to play with a friend, who is in a game, and I can't connect to EA's servers.

Booshka said:
Anyone else getting a "Failed to connect to EA Online" status on 360. Trying to play with a friend, who is in a game, and I can't connect to EA's servers.

My roommate and I both have for the past couple of weeks. He talked to an EA support chat guy who said it was a known problem, and that they weren't sure when it was going to be fixed. A temporary fix for some users is to disconnect from Live and change your system clock to November 15 2005, wait a few minutes and then reconnect. This has both worked and failed for us on separate occasions, so it's worth a try. Good luck man I know it's frustrating.

meppi

Well that certainly was fun once again. :)

Started out a bit frustrating with the 9 man level 50 clan joining in and us only being 4 gaffers while the randoms dropped out of the game one after another, leaving us with 2-3 man disadvantage at all times.
Lost a couple of matches, then got Evolved1 and rock to join in for the fun, which evened the game out considerably. :)
Once Blue and Ejas joined, it was time to really show them what we are made of and as predictable as those type of clans tend to be, they all bailed after losing hard the next couple of matches.

Probably went in search of another server full of sub-30s they could pester and spawn camp. ;P

Evolved1

meppi said:
Well that certainly was fun once again. :)

Started out a bit frustrating with the 9 man level 50 clan joining in and us only being 4 gaffers while the randoms dropped out of the game one after another, leaving us with 2-3 man disadvantage at all times.
Lost a couple of matches, then got Evolved1 and rock to join in for the fun, which evened the game out considerably. :)
Once Blue and Ejas joined, it was time to really show them what we are made of and as predictable as those type of clans tend to be, they all bailed after losing hard the next couple of matches.

Probably went in search of another server full of sub-30s they could pester and spawn camp. ;P

That one AH match gave me fits... I'll give them credit, they were hitting us from every direction. Couldn't really get a fix on anyone because threats were everywhere. But somehow we still stuffed them on the third set. Same place we stalled on the match prior, but at least we didn't quit the server when things got tough.

I think I'm destined to never play with/against meppi.
Joined in at the end of white pass rush and he left afterward.

After that it was just rolling, rolling, rolling~

Felt bad for this one level 50 guy who sticked through all of our rolling sessions.

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:

After that it was just rolling, rolling, rolling~

Felt bad for this one level 50 guy who sticked through all of our rolling sessions.

Ugh.... especially that white pass turkey shoot. I'll admit, amidst the chuckles, I did feel kinda bad about that. lol

Evolved1 said:
Ugh.... especially that white pass turkey shoot. I'll admit, amidst the chuckles, I did feel kinda bad about that. lol

It's their fault for not taking out the machine gun for half of the game.

Although, yeah - I felt bad for them when we were just killing them in mid air.
It was fun watching the ragdoll bodies fall from the sky.

meppi

Evolved1 said:
That one AH match gave me fits... I'll give them credit, they were hitting us from every direction. Couldn't really get a fix on anyone because threats were everywhere. But somehow we still stuffed them on the third set. Same place we stalled on the match prior, but at least we didn't quit the server when things got tough.
Yeah that was really frustrating. No matter what tactic we tried, we couldn't get it to work on the 3rd set.

Was pretty funny on defense though, especially the final part.
I somehow got behind enemy lines and heard lots of shooting coming from behind one big rock. So I pop my head around and there are 4 attackers sitting there taking pot shots at our guys, trying to take enough of them out to plant a charge.
I just stabbed them one after another, including Blue who was put on the other team since we didn't have enough room at that point.
A fifth guy spawned and had no idea I was just about to kill the guy he spawned on, so he ran for the M-com. Had to shoot him in the back since I couldn't catch up with him. :p

Dreamgazer said:
Ah, sorry about that.
I had been playing for several hours and really needed a break since I was getting a somewhat severe headache. Seeing how there were only 2 people left on the opposite team, I thought that might be as good a time as any to go watch a movie and call it a night.

I should be on tomorrow night between 22.00PM and 1.00AM CET though.

Deadly said:
PC of course. But looks like game night was only on Friday because no one's on mumble right now.
game night was tonight, we only lasted about 2 hours though, we lost steam early on. We'll be on for next friday too if you're game.

Nabs

Cuban Legend said:
game night was tonight, we only lasted about 2 hours though, we lost steam early on. We'll be on for next friday too if you're game.

Next time we'll scout servers earlier and post it in the group popup. Had fun though.

Dug

Banned
sw33tclyde said:
Playing with a buddy on Live, really laggy games for awhile. We both just lost connection to EA.. wtf is going on?
Thought it was my internet, I guess not.

P.S.: Hello everyone, my first time actually posting in this thread even though I've owned the game for a while.

meppi

Cuban Legend said:
So much for the master race. They should chance it to casual race. ;P

meppi

Stallion Free said:
32 players is a lot more intense and tiring than 24 apparently.
You should really wait for BF3 to be released to make that comparison. ;)

I somehow doubt that 8 extra players would account for only being able to play 2 hours in a week compared to 2-3 hours every day on consoles.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
meppi said:
You should really wait for BF3 to be released to make that comparison. ;)

I somehow doubt that 8 extra players would account for only being able to play 2 hours in a week compared to 2-3 hours every day on consoles.
A lot of us are kind of burned out on the game I think.

Tawpgun

Asking again.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Please. Tell me the secret to leading shots with the nade launcher/tracer/rockets.

I feel it's either shitty hit detection or a terrible way of visualizing speed and distance. I can cross map a vehicle with a rocket in Halo. Can't do shit in BC2.
360 btw. If Halo didn't give it away.

Top Bottom