• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

meppi

Vasilisk said:
Probably the most crazy moments I've lived in BC2 have been with GAF people and friends: rockscar, aBuc, olimpia, minthfresh, danthaman, hunting beast, ejas, fersis, evolved, 8bitgeorge, etc.. Can't wait to see everyone in BF3!
YES! :D

endlessflood said:
What's a desinged website? Is that some American lingo I'm unfamiliar with or did this person just struggle with English? :p
the guy who sent the message sent it to our entire team and i guess he looked at the profile of a few of my friends and visited their website before sending his hatemail.

Vormund

Nekrono said:
I just played a match after the pacth and is it just me or is the hit detection much better? It didn't take much to kill someone and the bullets were landing where I was aiming.

Yes it definitely feels more accurate....but

I can't stay connected for more than a couple of minutes. Just get disconnected from server.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man... we are going to rock shit so hard in BF3. The combined experience of PS3Gaf + new game smell. God I weep for our opposition.

Anyway... maybe we can set up a PS3 BC2 send-off game this weekend or something? That might be fun.

The Faceless Master said:
congrats!

i still have 2 to go...

You better hop to it then! Might I suggest Isla Inocentes Attacking (unless you plan on bringing chaos and mayhem via the Blackhawk). Worked for me when I was speed things up with getting platinum for the Burst

Calion

Evolved1 said:
Man... we are going to rock shit so hard in BF3. The combined experience of PS3Gaf + new game smell. God I weep for our opposition.

Anyway... maybe we can set up a PS3 BC2 send-off game this weekend or something? That might be fun.

I'd love one final GAF game this weekend. I'd definitely be in.

Evolved1

Calion82v said:
I'd love one final GAF game this weekend. I'd definitely be in.

Awesome!

Hey in other news... I finally was able to watch Breaking Bad thanks to Netflix and now I recognize the person in your avatar. Been wondering about that for a while. Mystery solved.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Evolved1 said:
Awesome!

Hey in other news... I finally was able to watch Breaking Bad thanks to Netflix and now I recognize the person in your avatar. Been wondering about that for a while. Mystery solved.

Wow... and I thought I was behind in times... BITCH.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Wow... and I thought I was behind in times... BITCH.

I still don't recognize the person in your avatar.

when are you gonna come back to PS3?

Bitch.

whoa wasn't seks banned? When'd you get back. sorry I haven't been as active guys, I let my COD religious friend borrow BC2 to get him pumped for BF3 and like evolved school's kicking in (even though nobody missed me :p) so I'll try and get it back if this bc2 weekend goes down.

edit: oh he wasn't banned his ps3 broke I remember. Seks are you getting a new one in time for BF3?

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
I still don't recognize the person in your avatar.

when are you gonna come back to PS3?

Bitch.

"As if your dreams would ever be fulfilled... When you can't even protect one woman."

If I pass this positions exam phase. I so got tripped up on a question but I think I got it right. The rest of it I'm confident but not too sure about. But it's the first time in the past... 6-8 attempts that I feel comfortable and think I 'nailed it.'

Not like I'm going to abandon the PS3. I need a new one for the P4 fighting game. >:| But I need a new PC first.

BITCH

whoa wasn't seks banned?

I was banned for three weeks.

As for the PS3, not in time for BF3's launch. But sometime in the year? Possible if things look up... which... they aren't. :/

TheSeks

CatPee said:
Y'know, I've got money ready to be deposited to Dream's "Buy Seks a PS3" fund...

First I gotta get the money to get Portal 2 out of my dead PS3. Yes, I'm mad about that.

Besides, I changed my pre-order to PC since I thought everyone was going to PC in the first place with 64 players and TEXT CHAT. derp derp. >_>

Calion

Evolved1 said:
Awesome!

Awesome. That show is incredible and I'm glad Seks beat me to the punch with the BITCH tag.

CatPee

Come on now Evolved, who ditches the chopper after landing it in the middle of the road with 3 guys inside while a bunch of tanks are looking right at it?
LLShC.gif

Evolved1

CatPee said:
Come on now Evolved, who ditches the chopper after landing it in the middle of the road with 3 guys inside while a bunch of tanks are looking right at it?
LLShC.gif

Lol... I didn't actually mean to do that. Hit wrong button when I bounced it... not really on my game tonight.

And of course you guys got in right then... I'd been flying around with no gunner for like five mins. So I was trying to distract the tanks by landing on them lol but then I fucked up. :(

abuC

Calion82v said:
Awesome. That show is incredible and I'm glad Seks beat me to the punch with the BITCH tag.
Gustavo is my hero.

Been playing on xbox, I like the ps3 controller more for this game.

CatPee said:
Y'know, I've got money ready to be deposited to Dream's "Buy Seks a PS3" fund...

TheSeks said:
"As if your dreams would ever be fulfilled... When you can't even protect one woman."

If I pass this positions exam phase. I so got tripped up on a question but I think I got it right. The rest of it I'm confident but not too sure about. But it's the first time in the past... 6-8 attempts that I feel comfortable and think I 'nailed it.'

Not like I'm going to abandon the PS3. I need a new one for the P4 fighting game. >:| But I need a new PC first.

As for the PS3, not in time for BF3's launch. But sometime in the year? Possible if things look up... which... they aren't. :/

Dude,

95T1x.jpg

Can cross M95 Platinum off my BFBC2 Bucket List

Here's what I'll try to get done in one month before I call it quits:

T88 Platinum
Thompson Platinum
Saiga 20K Platinum
AT Mine Gold Star 5 (only five kills left)

I'll possibly try to get a platinum star for water vehicles since I'm at the 6th gold star, but only if I care enough to play Vietnam again

TheSeks

lazybones18 said:
I'll possibly try to get a platinum star for water vehicles since I'm at the 6th gold star, but only if I care enough to play Vietnam again

Play Vietnam to troll with the PBR. Mostly the only fun I had playing it in Public matches. >_>

TheSeks said:
You never got back to me about that. >_>

I already told you:

1) Email me in early october if you need funds.
2) Various gaffers has pledge to donate.
3) *I* personally don't care if you put it toward PC or PS3 as long as you really let me know what you're putting it toward.
4) If you want you can pay people back in long installments.

go review your PMs you.

Calion

Dreamgazer said:
I already told you:

3) *I* personally don't care if you put it toward PC or PS3 as long as you really let me know what you're putting it toward.

go review your PMs you.

I'll pitch in if it means gettng you back up and gaming. PM me Seks if you need help.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
I already told you:

go review your PMs you.

I have! You said you had the money and then nothing after I was like "well, I pre-ordered on PC... >_>"

abuC

What's up with the lag on 360 when you pick up a recons kit and select motion mines? There's an annoying pause that can get you killed.

Also, pretty cool glitch I sometimes end up with C4 as assault while using the assault rifles, that never happened on ps3 but I can't complain.

abuC said:
What's up with the lag on 360 when you pick up a recons kit and select motion mines? There's an annoying pause that can get you killed.
i haven't noticed this at all.

Also, pretty cool glitch I sometimes end up with C4 as assault while using the assault rifles, that never happened on ps3 but I can't complain.
that's happened to me twice before, both times after going from vietnam to vanilla. wish i could replicate it!

abuC

i haven't noticed this at all.

that's happened to me twice before, both times after going from vietnam to vanilla. wish i could replicate it!
There's a small pause when I pick up the recon kit, its really annoying.

I've had the assault glitch happen a lot, mainly when I switch from 870 shotgun to xm8 with 40mm shotgun attachment, I lose the 40mm but gain c4. I'd say it has happened to me about 10 times now.

That was a fun game on Nelson Bay, I'm "Bluish" since I'm on the 1 month trial the name isn't my choice.

Operations Hastings Rush AKA "Let's place the Attackers in incredibly stupid spawn points"

Like spawning an attacker so close to a rock at the initial deployment, they have to do a bit of maneuvering/jumping to get out of the area

OR

At the final spawn base, just spawn an attacker in mid-air AND in an OOB area, giving him 10secs to deploy his parachute and get back into the combat area.

TheSeks

lazybones18 said:
Operations Hastings Rush AKA "Let's place the Attackers in incredibly stupid spawn points"

Like spawning an attacker so close to a rock at the initial deployment, they have to do a bit of maneuvering/jumping to get out of the area

OR

At the final spawn base, just spawn an attacker in mid-air AND in an OOB area, giving him 10secs to deploy his parachute and get back into the combat area.

Hasting's rush is terrible for defense more than attackers. Unless the public has wisened up for the past months that I've been fallen and can't get up, the defense can literally be steamrolled in a matter of minutes if the attackers are good and coordinated on the crates.

abuC said:
There's a small pause when I pick up the recon kit, its really annoying.

I've had the assault glitch happen a lot, mainly when I switch from 870 shotgun to xm8 with 40mm shotgun attachment, I lose the 40mm but gain c4. I'd say it has happened to me about 10 times now.

That was a fun game on Nelson Bay, I'm "Bluish" since I'm on the 1 month trial the name isn't my choice.
Nelson defense was so ridiculous, i can't believe the other team armed it like 4x and failed to keep it armed!

abuC

Nelson defense was so ridiculous, i can't believe the other team armed it like 4x and failed to keep it armed!
They were rolling deep though, forget flanking or any tactics those dudes just bum rushed with a bunch of medics.

TheSeks

abuC said:
They were rolling deep though, forget flanking or any tactics those dudes just bum rushed with a bunch of medics.

Medic Trained? That would be interesting to see.

Did DICE ever confirm a theater mode? >_>

abuC said:
i gotta say though, AMMO BOXES WERE EVERYWHERE!!! i threw so many motion sensors my arm got tired. i need to get back on after i eat...

TheSeks said:
Medic Trained? That would be interesting to see.

Did DICE ever confirm a theater mode? >_>
nope.

TheSeks

DICE just shot themselves in the foot. I don't know how much you know about 360 no-scope e-penis waving (I am an expert)...

Seriously: WTF DICE?

Evolved1

I don't really like this game anymore... done till BF3.

Had a good run! Thanks GAF.

olimpia84

I guess tonight was the farewell PS3-GAF match. There were 8 of us in that Panama Canal game; I doubt we will ever have that many people in a BC2 game from now on.

CatPee

Glorious PS3GAF is glorious.

That last game against H-HOUR was bullshit though. Yea, AT4 crates from the back of your base like a bunch of giant pussies, then fail to get past the hills, let alone arming even once on the last set
KuGsj.gif

Disconnected on last 2 tickets. Oh well. we won.

Sorry that I yelled, but...
I am not taking back about what I said about people going for choppers. >.>
*dream is too serious about winning things on the first set*

CatPee said:
Glorious PS3GAF is glorious.

That last game against H-HOUR was bullshit though. Yea, AT4 crates from the back of your base like a bunch of giant pussies, then fail to get past the hills, let alone arming even once on the last set
KuGsj.gif

Cutting the fence down has never failed us on that last set + chopper preasure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS3GAF's Last Game was in memory of our fallen comrades:
Azrim904
TheSeks
Crakatak187
AbuC
gl0wvalter
memorycure
JM (died of female and GT overdose)

May you rest in peace and we'll see you in another world
BF3

Wish I could have played with you all one final game but it was getting on my nerves lately and i haven't been enjoying it much. Decided to loan it to my bro since he always thought it looked fun but never wanted to play.

I'm still satisfied with my experience with this game though. Had the most fun and time put in than any other fps. Can't wait to see what we do in BF3.

abuC

Dreamgazer said:
Disconnected on last 2 tickets. Oh well. we won.

Sorry that I yelled, but...
I am not taking back about what I said about people going for choppers. >.>
*dream is too serious about winning things on the first set*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azrim904
TheSeks
Crakatak187
AbuC
gl0wvalter
memorycure

BF3
glory-fourth.jpg

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:

Azrim904
TheSeks
Crakatak187
AbuC
gl0wvalter
memorycure

BF3

You're forgetting Faceless, but that's okay because he's a DIRTY TRAITOR. >:|

I'd continue to play BC2 on PC/PS3 after BF3 because most of the lame tactic people should be gone (*knock on wood*) but I'd be so damn rusty after all these months of being offline. :(

I miss Arica Harbor badly. :(

Top Bottom