• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks said:
You're forgetting Faceless, but that's okay because he's a DIRTY TRAITOR. >:|

I'd continue to play BC2 on PC/PS3 after BF3 because most of the lame tactic people should be gone (*knock on wood*) but I'd be so damn rusty after all these months of being offline. :(

I miss Arica Harbor badly. :(

I didn't forget. :)

TheSeks said:
You're forgetting Faceless, but that's okay because he's a DIRTY TRAITOR. >:|

I'd continue to play BC2 on PC/PS3 after BF3 because most of the lame tactic people should be gone (*knock on wood*) but I'd be so damn rusty after all these months of being offline. :(

I miss Arica Harbor badly. :(
blame Sony.

faceless and friends on 360 is going all the way up to the launch.

abuC said:
They were rolling deep though, forget flanking or any tactics those dudes just bum rushed with a bunch of medics.

That's how most people play ( at least on Xbox ) bum rush the defenders, though not necessarily as a medic. It works more often than not because of the lack or coordination you see from most defending teams.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
i cant connect to the ea servers (xbox 360) for a couple of weeks now... dont think you will be getting more money for bf3 from me ea.

abuC

computers putin' said:
That's how most people play ( at least on Xbox ) bum rush the defenders, though not necessarily as a medic. It works more often than not because of the lack or coordination you see from most defending teams.
There were about 6-8 medics, some were carrying shotguns and they were mostly moving in pairs. It's a shame ps3 Gaf has disbanded, we could have coordinated one last game of pure annoyance. My vision, 10 medics, 1 assault to hand out ammo and 1 recon to throw motion mines, that would be a nightmare on a infantry only map. Half of the medics using shotguns, the other half LMGs.

And yeah, I've noticed that people on Xbox are really aggressive.

meppi

abuC said:
There were about 6-8 medics, some were carrying shotguns and they were mostly moving in pairs. It's a shame ps3 Gaf has disbanded, we could have coordinated one last game of pure annoyance. My vision, 10 medics, 1 assault to hand out ammo and 1 recon to throw motion mines, that would be a nightmare on a infantry only map. Half of the medics using shotguns, the other half LMGs.

Haha, that would be such a dick move. :D

I volunteer to be the wookie. ;)
Always hated the LMG spam along with shotgun lamers.

Too bad I missed the last game. Had the early shift this week, so by the time I quit playing yesterday I was awake for over 22 hours and had no reflexes to speak of.
Seems like I missed a bit of fun.

abuC said:

i remember doing something close to that a few times on Nelson Bay CQ! one time, the team i was on hadn't lost a ticket for around the first 5 minutes of the game due to revives and having enough flags. then someone died and wasn't revived and everyone was like "where is the body!? who died!?"

Ocho

Dreamgazer said:
Disconnected on last 2 tickets. Oh well. we won.

Sorry that I yelled, but...
I am not taking back about what I said about people going for choppers. >.>
*dream is too serious about winning things on the first set*

When I grabbed the chopper for the second time, we easily got 15-20 kills out of that. And my gunner wasn't even a GAFfer, so I'd expect control on the ground when we're mowing them down. Besides, it was a magic chopper that landed on water like Jesus Christ after I was sniped out of it.

EDIT: Also, the first chopper was essential for stalling B sniping, which I did while I lasted.

The last chopper was failblog, indeed. I noticed 3-4 people inside that thing at one time (I may be wrong).

CatPee

ochobit said:
When I grabbed the chopper for the second time, we easily got 15-20 kills out of that. And my gunner wasn't even a GAFfer, so I'd expect control on the ground when we're mowing them down. Besides, it was a magic chopper that landed on water like Jesus Christ after I was sniped out of it.

EDIT: Also, the first chopper was essential for stalling B sniping, which I did while I lasted.

The last chopper was failblog, indeed. I noticed 3-4 people inside that thing at one time (I may be wrong).

Last chopper was the one I grabbed out of the water after you got sniped. The 2 useless guys in my squad and one other guy was in it, then A got armed and I landed down on it, but we failed to defuse. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
i remember doing something close to that a few times on Nelson Bay CQ! one time, the team i was on hadn't lost a ticket for around the first 5 minutes of the game due to revives and having enough flags. then someone died and wasn't revived and everyone was like "where is the body!? who died!?"

Was this on PS3? Because I recall a similar game but on Arica. I went Medic and started to keep people up to stop the ticket bleed and defend A/B. I was pretty much running back and forth on the upper level of Arica while reviving anyone I could see when not in a firefight and basically running my ass off to the point where nearly everyone started to go medic and I'm like "NO! MY POINTS! D:" and switching to Assault.

I also love how people quote my tag and go "lol, I don't care. Game is perfect" despite stating flaws and admitting that the game isn't really stealth due to the fact that there is no penalizing you except on realistic due to higher bullet damage, but you can get around that by exploiting the AI by sitting near a door, whistling and stabbing the dude as they're coming out. Thereby having AI check and then proceed to go through the door because hey, it should be safe, amirite? *stab*
>:|

Heysoos

Hey guys, I have a quick question.. I'm installing Bad Company 2 on my new rig, so I can test it out.. except it's been stuck on this for a bit now.

Hm7fz.png

Is this normal? By the way, it's installing from Origin.

Mr. Snrub said:
Why did it take me this long to discover the VSS w/red dot?

Also been rocking the 9A-91. So good.

Yeah, why did it take you so long?
ps3_dreamgazer.png

<3

Too bad everyone is catching on now, and it is starting to get the reputaiton of being an "overpowered" weapon.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mr. Snrub said:
Why did it take me this long to discover the VSS w/red dot?

Also been rocking the 9A-91. So good.

The small clip makes it hard for people who are used to playing medic... so it doesn't get much attention. But it's one of the best guns in the game.

The avtomat is the best gun in the game. Just slightly better than the Uzi.

<----- yes I'm an engineer. :)

Az

Dreamgazer said:
Disconnected on last 2 tickets. Oh well. we won.

Sorry that I yelled, but...
I am not taking back about what I said about people going for choppers. >.>
*dream is too serious about winning things on the first set*

Cutting the fence down has never failed us on that last set + chopper preasure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS3GAF's Last Game was in memory of our fallen comrades:
Azrim904
TheSeks
Crakatak187
AbuC
gl0wvalter
memorycure
JM (died of female and GT overdose)

May you rest in peace and we'll see you in another world
BF3

2356i_m_back.jpg

edit: just stumbled across a gaffer playing RUSH. If you read this don't be weirded out by the random "Believe" message.

JJD

So when the beta launches for the MOH Tier 1 guys? Can I download it in a new account and share?

I haven't played in more than a month. I'm trying to clear my backlog as much as I can before BF3.

Hey, I'm a member now! Sweet!

CatPee

lol at all the PS3GAF is dead posts. I'm pretty sure people will still be playing this until Oct. 24th at the very least, myself included.
3AQmK.gif

TheSeks

JJD said:
Hey, I'm a member now! Sweet!

Now you can't get perma-banned unless you fuck up. Don't fuck up.

i wonder how many more i can get before the end...

What end? I doubt everyone will suddenly jump from BC2 to BF3. I mean, there are still players in BC1, isn't there?
Though, that seems to be thinning out due to oversaturation of shooters + insane achievement requirements.

CatPee

abuC said:
Ordered my pc, now I'll try to fix my ps3 or just buy a used slim.

Use the hairdryer trick, sync trophies, deactivate accounts, then buy a slim and use the data transfer to get your stuff over. Or reball it.

Also, please tell me you're ordering parts for the PC rather than buying an IBP/Alienware...

CatPee said:
Use the hairdryer trick, sync trophies, deactivate accounts, then buy a slim and use the data transfer to get your stuff over. Or reball it.

Also, please tell me you're ordering parts for the PC rather than buying an IBP/Alienware...

He's getting a DELL!

abuC

CatPee said:

I'll probably go with the hairdryer trick, then buy a slim. There are some saves on there I don't want to lose, mainly MGS4 and UC2, stopped playing both right near the end.

Hahaha, no way would I buy a alienware rig, I bought all my parts from Amazon and will be putting it together. It turned out cheaper on Amazon than Newegg and I got 2 day free shipping thanks to prime.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
He's getting a DELL!

It's really too bad PC developers don't embrace pre-built PC's and have them be a "console standard" to give consoles a run for their money in terms of games. Of course, I've stated this in numerous PC threads, so I'm not going down that road here.

Man, waiting for the exam results for me is torture.

Dreamgazer said:
Too bad everyone is catching on now, and it is starting to get the reputaiton of being an "overpowered" weapon.

It always was overpowered. I got my platinum on it months ago but my favorite part as that people would assume you were a dumb wookie and go in to stab you. With Hardcore and Magnum ammo, I could kill 4 guys bunched together with a VSS reddot with only one clip.

KillerAJD

So, this may not fit the current discussion here, but I have a $20 PSN card, and want to know if there's still a sizable population playing Vietnam on PS3 atm. I know it seems dumb buying something like that so close to BF3, but a buddy and I have been playing BC2 every night for the past few months, and we've grown bored of the current maps/weapons. I had heard there were some balance issues with the Vietnam maps, but at this point, I don't care. I just want more Battlefield, and I'll take it how ever I can! Plus, I was watching a frag video somebody posted, and the Vietnam stuff looked awesome. The other problem is that I'm afraid it'll go on sale soon in celebration for BF3 or something <_<

i think the problem many people have with the VSS is they run out of ammo too fast. that's the only thing i can think of, how else can they be sleeping on the gun with the highest DPS in the game?

Jas

What a mess, join Olimpia lose sound 2 minutes into the round.
Next round the server crashes.
Join Fersis and finish up a round.
Next round the games freezes.

I'm ready for Battlefield 3.

TheSeks

Jas said:

and you won in my spirit, right? RIGHT?! :mad:

lazybones18 said:
Well....who will be my final 10 victims en route to water vehicles platinum?

I'm getting this done tonight!

Use the PBR, it counts toward the vehicles.

Faceless said:
i think the problem many people have with the VSS is they run out of ammo too fast. that's the only thing i can think of, how else can they be sleeping on the gun with the highest DPS in the game?

Scope in close-quarters that isn't iron sights = fucked up orientation for me. I have to know that I'm not going to go "blind" for a second when aiming at mid-range while under fire.

That, and it vomits ammo, yeah. Then again, I'm a traditional sniper and when I'm not/in motion-mine throwing range, I'd rather take a G3 over it because 1) doesn't vomit ammo 2) has decent iron sites for mid/mid-long range and 3) hip-fire is able to be seen where it's hitting as opposed to guesswork. No, I don't like marking things on my monitor to cheat.

KillerAJD said:
>>Vietnam<<

I bought it day one at $15 and don't regret it. Some people do. If you're wanting to play it, buy it. I'm sure there is still players, but not there is a glitch that will drive you insane if people are still abusing it. Otherwise the maps are par/below-par and higher damage rate means you have to be more agressive/careful.

Jas

TheSeks said:
and you won in my spirit, right? RIGHT?! :mad:
Definitely! I did forget to send Olimpia a message about something he did / didn't do during that round tho, so it wasn't completely in your spirit :)

Calion82v said:
Well, I now have early access to the PS3 beta. I'm pumped.
Nice! see you online.

olimpia84

Jas said:
Next round the server crashes.
Join Fersis and finish up a round.
Next round the games freezes.

I'm ready for Battlefield 3.

Ah, so you lost the sound as well? I was playing without any sound for most of the match, even before you joined. It was tough as hell plus the other team was pretty good =/
I'm glad we held on to beat them and fortunately the server crashed during the second round because it was getting really frustrating playing with no sound and plus they got reinforcements...it would have been nearly impossible to win that round I think.

Jas

Yeah, they had a 3-4 man advantage at the end of that round we held onto.
The next round evened out but agree it definitely would of been frustrating.

TheSeks said:
Use the PBR, it counts toward the vehicles.

No shit :p

Anyway......got the platinum star for the boats so now I don't have to ever return to Vietnam. I won't miss the dumbass teammates who feel the need to commandeer my goddamn boat when I'm using it. Damn shame Hardcore Vietnam is practically dead. I would have done a whole lot of teamkilling earlier today

JJD said:
How did you get it? I have the MOH Tier 1 edition, but I didn't get any beta mail... :-(

Check your PSN Store, type "Battlefield 3" in the search tool, and it should be here. But some people with the the MOH Tier 1 edition aren't able to download it, don't know why :/

The Faceless Master said:

The recoil ,shitty hipfire, and stock scope is why. The recoil on the vss really is a bitch; the gun just takes to long to settle, so you really have to manage your shots to get the most out of the gun.

I'm in the camp that says the 9a-91 avtomat is the best gun in the game.

abuC

computers putin' said:
The recoil ,shitty hipfire, and stock scope is why. The recoil on the vss really is a bitch; the gun just takes to long to settle, so you really have to manage your shots to get the most out of the gun.

40mm shotgun is the best weapon :)

Calion

Jas said:
Nice! see you online.

See you then man!

JJD said:
How did you get it? I have the MOH Tier 1 edition, but I didn't get any beta mail... :-(

A good buddy of mine is a Store manager at a GameStop. She got it at Vegas (Huge GS meetup) and gave it to me since I'm a huge BF fanatic. I've had the code since Sunday, but Sony hasn't dropped the beta on PSN though so I can't use it. :/

computers putin' said:

i burst fire everything anyway, even lmgs...so the recoil is no biggy to me.

shitty hipfire? I can pull off amazing hipfire kills with the thing and I don't even know how it happens.

CatPee said:
VSS sucks. It's all about the SV98 when it comes to frontline sniping.

Also, Mx0 sucks
:(

VSS rocks.

His new manga title sucks even more
Like for real sucks, not "aww they killed the series" suck

-Silver-

I really wanna argue with you about the SV98 vs VSS comment but your Mx0 comment just makes me rage too hard. It sucks that not many people bought that manga.

Top Bottom