• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

If only I had spent more time studying instead of going for those random sessions in August...I would have scored better on my CPA exam.

*sigh*

oh well...

At least I passed WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 2 more parts to go

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Congatz! Hang in there... it will be over soon enough and hopefully worth it.

panda21

Evolved1 said:
My goal is to get kicked off a server for suspected aimbotting... while using a gamepad.

That would just be delicious.

that would be hard given how terrible (or nonexistant) the gamepad support in BF:BC2 is

Evolved1

panda21 said:
that would be hard given how terrible (or nonexistant) the gamepad support in BF:BC2 is

What do you mean... they don't work?

panda21

Evolved1 said:
What do you mean... they don't work?

the 360 pad is mapped all crazy and broken in a way that makes it useless by default and you can't change it. from what i remember clicking the left stick pauses the game and the left and right triggers are completely broken.

i think it is possible by editing config files to stop it from detecting the pad, so that you can then use xpadder, but I really don't like xpadder, since you have to map left stick movement to key presses and so it feels weird because it is all 'digital'

people have been complaining about it since it launched and they still couldn't be bothered to patch it.

(actually maybe its only the wireless pad that has this issue? i forget.. i'm installing the game right now so I will check later)

edit: oh and I totally agree with you, I used to do just fine in BF2 with a pad on the PC.

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
Aimbotters are so easy to spot and good admins on the GAF server will make short work of them. 30 kill streak was courtesy of heli whoring, tank whoring, horrible opponents and using Spl1nter as a bullet proof vest.

i think last night made me decide to get cable. Its hard to play with 800 ping. I swear the guy went around the building but instead you popped up a foot infront of me with a shotgun :(

Not mentioning that weird laggy ass first server we played on where the entire game was just behind.

Nabs said:
Chat bitching is some of the best shit ever. I get it every game (not aimbotting, but gustav whoring.) I deserve it though.

Yes you do very much.

Evolved1

panda21 said:
the 360 pad is mapped all crazy and broken in a way that makes it useless by default and you can't change it. from what i remember clicking the left stick pauses the game and the left and right triggers are completely broken.

i think it is possible by editing config files to stop it from detecting the pad, so that you can then use xpadder, but I really don't like xpadder, since you have to map left stick movement to key presses and so it feels weird because it is all 'digital'

people have been complaining about it since it launched and they still couldn't be bothered to patch it.

(actually maybe its only the wireless pad that has this issue? i forget.. i'm installing the game right now so I will check later)

OK, thanks for looking. I would use the dual shock given the option... I much prefer it to the 360 pad. But hopefully at least one of them will work for BF3, wired or not.

Nabs said:
I would follow you into games to troll if you were on my friends list :(
hahah that reminds me of this one time some random dudes on the other team switched sides and C4'd our crates and we left the game and they followed us into 2 other games we joined and did the same thing!

Nabs

Spl1nter said:
i dont know man if you make that top 20

what a joke friends system

First of all, we're bunny-hopping brothers. Second, I know you like my Hop > Gustav at my feet tech. Quake all up in this shit.

Fuck 'em for that dumb ass friend system. I wish you console guys could feel our pain. A 20 friend limit and a bullshit request system that rarely works. Smh.

The Faceless Master said:
hahah that reminds me of this one time some random dudes on the other team switched sides and C4'd our crates and we left the game and they followed us into 2 other games we joined and did the same thing!

I can respect that.

Spl1nter

Nabs said:
First of all, we're bunny-hopping brothers. Second, I know you like my Hop > Gustav at my feet tech. Quake all up in this shit.
I dont just like it, i love it.

Nabs said:
Fuck 'em for that dumb ass friend system. I wish you console guys could feel our pain. A 20 friend limit and a bullshit request system that rarely works. Smh.

thank god for battlelog.

that even has a nice ring to it.

Evolved1

Darkshier said:
Another montage video absolutely ruined by ridiculously horrible music. I swear, if I ever make a montage, it will be just the in-game sound and no music.

In game sound with voice chat... I love hear the chatter when something awesome happens.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Darkshier said:
Another montage video absolutely ruined by ridiculously horrible music. I swear, if I ever make a montage, it will be just the in-game sound and no music.

s/Montage/record video and no cuts to it.

Seriously, fuck montages. Half the time they're poorly done and most of the time they're terrible shit I've pulled off randomly in battles to where "OOOH AND AHHH" isn't new to me.

I have a patented idea for Youtube hits (if I was into that sort of thing) that I'm going to trademark if I ever get a BF3 PC for the purpose of having all the files. Too bad the theater mode (if there is one in BF3) probably isn't set up for my idea and if it is, it's similar to Halo 3's. >:|)

I Love the Uzi!

It's incredibly fun to use and the ironsights are fantastic. It looks sexy as all hell and just sounds sick, it sounds like tic-tacs hitting the ground when you're letting off shots.

My fav kit right now:
Uzi
M9 or Grach
Gustav
Extra Ammo
Magnum ammo

I just feel beastly with this class. I don't know why I didn't like the Uzi as much when I was platting it, but coming back to it, I just don't wanna put the gun down

scogoth

Spl1nter said:
PC Patch this Wednesday!

BC2 Patch notes
-M60 damage doubled
-Medics can now revive themselves
-Recoil eliminated from LMGs
-BF3 Beta access for BC2 players that have only played medic or engineer with CG equipped
-Helicopters now take damage from small arms and health reduced to 1
-To facilitate better flying roll and pitch controls have been removed, also you will automatically be killed if you fire from your own base

M16A2 finished

All assualt rifles finished. Will now work on getting a platinum star for the T88 LMG, my final LMG weapon. Have a long way to go with that weapon, I only have a Silver star with it

And I'm gonna try to finish up the M95, and just be done with the recon class altogether. Platinum for three sniper rifles is good enough

Soma

Aight I think I'm finally done with this game. Total playtime 217 hours. Not nearly as much as some of you guys but it's the most I've ever put into a game. Had a good run but I think I'm just burnt out of it. Out of all the weapons I definitely have to say my favorite was the 40mm Shotgun :3 sogood.gif

Also, sorry I didn't get to play much with you PS3 dudes but I'll definitely be active for the BF3 beta and hopefully I'll have a mic by then so I can communicate with you guys better.

scogoth

moonspeak said:
Aight I think I'm finally done with this game. Total playtime 217 minutes. Not nearly as much as some of you guys but it's the most I've ever put into a game. Had a good run but I think I'm just burnt out of it. Out of all the weapons I definitely have to say my favorite was the 40mm Shotgun :3 sogood.gif

Also, sorry I didn't get to play much with you PS3 dudes but I'll definitely be active for the BF3 beta and hopefully I'll have a mic by then so I can communicate with you guys better.

Do you mean hours? Cause if the longest you've played a game is 3.5 hours then maybe gaming isn't your thing =P

Soma

Hahaha.

That's more or less how I long I used to play in one session. But yeah over 200 hours is a personal milestone for me (and i've seen how many hours some of you guys put in :bow:). I'm sure I'll be putting in just as much if not more into BF3 :D

The Faceless Master said:
what's not to like about the music? and the editing, the way it's paced to the music, and some of the scenery shots, they're great!
What happened to you Faceless? You used to be cool, man. I just don't know you anymore.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
moonspeak said:
Aight I think I'm finally done with this game. Total playtime 217 hours. Not nearly as much as some of you guys but it's the most I've ever put into a game. Had a good run but I think I'm just burnt out of it. Out of all the weapons I definitely have to say my favorite was the 40mm Shotgun :3 sogood.gif

You're not level 50. You're not done yet. Get back on that horse.

Soma

TheSeks said:
You're not level 50. You're not done yet. Get back on that horse.
nah man i'm like
ztns4.gif

i'm surprised i even got above level 40 considering i hadn't really gotten into this game till april

i kinda feel guilty about not platting the Gracht though(50 some more kills i think)

ah well. for BF3 i plan on playing a lot more with the PS3 (and hopefully one day the PC) GAF crew and getting more involved. playing with randoms all the time kinda drains you :/

Evolved1

I'm about to officially retire BC2 myself.

Dark Souls is out very soon and BF3 beta... so my last game will be before then.

Look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield
;P
!!!!!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Evolved1 said:
I'm about to officially retire BC2 myself.

Dark Souls is out very soon and BF3 beta... so my last game will be before then.

Look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield
;P
!!!!!
Same here.
BF3 is the new bad boy in town! ;)

Hope i see Rockscar and all my BFBC2 bros in the BETA.

I've seen a lot of ps3 gaf stop playing after Dead Island, Deus Ex and Resistance came out. I think I'll stop when I hit lvl. 40 since I'm almost there. Lately the game has really been annoying me and I rarely have good games anymore.

I'm pretty satisfied with the time I put into this game though. 250+ hours, most ever for me in an fps, managed to platinum 2 weapons, and got a lot of Gaffers on my friends list. Bring on the bf3 beta and final game!

Evolved1

olimpia84 said:
Is there an official date for the BF3 beta?

29th for everyone. Two days earlier if you jumped through the appropriate hoops.

i gotta say, the best part of the BC2 beta had to be an hour of flying around the Apache and Blackhawk with aj2good4you2 and BrokenOath, doing all sorts of crazy stuff like hovering and switching seats and bailing from one chopper to the other and standing on the windshields way up in the air etc... so good!

Fersis said:
Same here.
BF3 is the new bad boy in town! ;)

Hope i see Rockscar and all my BFBC2 bros in the BETA.

I think Rockscar and all the BC2 PS3 crew will be day 1 in the Beta, they'll want to destroy every enemy team with that lovely violence <3. And with BF3 I'll playing with you guys from the beginning :D, not like in BC2 where I was kind of LTTP. Probably the most crazy moments I've lived in BC2 have been with GAF people and friends: rockscar, aBuc, olimpia, minthfresh, danthaman, hunting beast, ejas, fersis, evolved, 8bitgeorge, etc.. Can't wait to see everyone in BF3!

We'll meet in the battlefield!

xonrf9.gif

I still want to play some bc2.
Since I'm still in studying mode, I don't want to spend money/time on new games.

However, I ain't playing it without you guys.

~("~)

Chanser

Patch out.

• Removed some memory leaks
  • Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes); this should particularly help multi-monitor users
  • Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
  • Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
  • Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
  • Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
  • SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
  • Minor performance enhancements
  • Reduced rubberbanding on >24p servers
  • PrintScreen takes a screenshot, file stored in Documents\BFBC2\Screenshots directory

MNC

Chanser said:
Patch out.

• Removed some memory leaks
  • Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes); this should particularly help multi-monitor users
  • Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
  • Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
  • Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
  • Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
  • SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
  • Minor performance enhancements
  • Reduced rubberbanding on >24p servers
  • PrintScreen takes a screenshot, file stored in Documents\BFBC2\Screenshots directory
Pretty neat they're coming out with a patch. Wonder what it'll do with performance/lag.

MNC said:
Pretty neat they're coming out with a patch. Wonder what it'll do with performance/lag.
Is this most likely related to improvements to the netcode they've made with BF3? For example, they work through their netcode on BF3 and realise that the BFBC2 netcode they were working off had some big bug/potential optimisation available and decide to patch it in BFBC2 too?

Nekrono

I just played a match after the pacth and is it just me or is the hit detection much better? It didn't take much to kill someone and the bullets were landing where I was aiming.

MNC

I can't help but think "Teamates" is a typo, which is how it's spelled in the ticker when loading. Is it a typo or correct?

Top Bottom