• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Lately it seems like I can never find a full game. Just played a match with some clan where it was just the 4 of us against a team of 8 I believe. We managed to completely destroy them though. The next game I left because it was a team of 6 against 2.

No_Style

I wonder why BC2 got a new OT and MW2 didn't. :p

Anyway, it's been a few days since I played some BC2. I may put in an hour or two tomorrow. I've been busy with Demon's Souls & new PC nonsense.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, I played this afternoon for a few rounds. KDR dropped to 1.08, which I quickly brought back to 1.09.

I freaking hate dying a lot and having one more death than I did kills. STOP SHOOTING THE CRIPPLE, YOU ASSHOLES. :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm finally discovering the joys of a C4 assault class :lol.

-M14, C4, Extra explosives, extra explosive power.
-Get the M-COM as quickly as possible
-LT LT LT LT LT LT
-Arm it
-As soon as people start getting close throw an uncooked grenade at the M-COM
-PHYSICS N SHIT
-Profit :D

TheSeks

Pankaks said:

-LT LT LT LT LT LT
-Arm it
-PHYSICS N SHIT

207uyph.jpg

Pffft. The real Micheal Westen would C4 the M-COM, arm it. Bail to another building with a SPAS-12 (love how playing FPS let me identify Fiona's guns now and then) and blow away anyone that tried to get close to the M-COM with the C4 being a backup "FUCK YOU" if they get too close.

Nevermind, read you wrong. That's what you're doing. :lol

Man, now I want a Burn Notice moment where a SPECACT assault snaps their fingers and a C4 charge blows out a wall, making an enemy run away. :lol

Animator

If any gaffer is looking for squadmates please add me up. I am on usually every night with a group of regulars.

psn: keyframe007

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
TheSeks said:
207uyph.jpg

Man, now I want a Burn Notice moment where a SPECACT assault snaps their fingers and a C4 charge blows out a wall, making an enemy run away. :lol

Yes

Yes

YES!

Someone make a mod or something for this please :lol.

I don't C4/Landmines M-COM anymore, hardly did it in the first place. It defeats the purpose of Rush in my opinion. Defenders have to do so many shit to win, while attackers got so many options to win.

If there was a no explosive damage on M-COMs rush I would so play it.

dralla

if you tracer dart a helo and than they suicide, you should get points for it. its been happening to me a lot lately and its very annoying.

Razor210

It should take at least 30 C4s in order to blow an MCOMM. And that's generous.

Anti-tank mines should do no damage cause that's stupid.

Razor210 said:
It should take at least 30 C4s in order to blow an MCOMM. And that's generous.

Anti-tank mines should do no damage cause that's stupid.
Agreed almost 100%

Make it 36 C4s :lol so it would take 3 rounds of 12 C4s strapped to a UAV.

Binabik15

Pankaks said:

-LT LT LT LT LT LT
-Arm it
-PHYSICS N SHIT

Err, I tried to blow c4 up with grenades, but it didn´t work.

So right now I do

-G3, C4, Extra explosives, magnum ammo.
-LT LT LT LT LT LT
-Arm it
-As soon as people start getting close/someone shoots at me flip the switch
-PHYSICS N SHIT
-DEATH

Norml

eternaLightness said:
Lately it seems like I can never find a full game. Just played a match with some clan where it was just the 4 of us against a team of 8 I believe. We managed to completely destroy them though. The next game I left because it was a team of 6 against 2.

yeah, I'm getting sick of only play now option because of this.

Pancakes

Binabik15 said:

So right now I do

-G3, C4, Extra explosives, magnum ammo.
-LT LT LT LT LT LT
-Arm it
-As soon as people start getting close/someone shoots at me flip the switch
-PHYSICS N SHIT
-DEATH

Hrm that's strange. Usually what happens is that right after I plant all my C4s is the defense will just start raining grenades down all over the M-COM room, setting off my C4s before I can. I'll test it a bit more to see how it works.

Been enjoying Atacama/Valdez Conquest. Pretty relaxing after stressful nights in Rush. Been honing my skills in the attack helis and with the console-like handling from the latest patch or mouse controlled gunning, it's been pretty fun (have used them quite a bit before though).

My buddy got banned because he hopped in the gunner and the admin pilot asked him to get out and he said no. He also got banned by the same server admin in another server from them because they couldn't take down our Hind (one was Port Valdez CQ 24/7, other was Atacama Rush 24/7) because we kept killing him on the VADS. I have never ran into admin abuse until this game, and this is the first time since around launch I've seen it happen again. Fucking aggravating. I wish EA would do something.

In another server, we didn't base rape, but when a tank has been shooting us in their spawn the entire match I'm taking you out mother fucker. And no you can't hide under your little base rape accusations. Didn't think the admins cared on that sever. Any opinions on this? Is it fair to shoot at helicopters from their little safe zones thinking we can't do anything about it, then getting pissy in the chat when we get sick of it and go after them?

Mr Sandman said:
Been enjoying Atacama/Valdez Conquest. Pretty relaxing after stressful nights in Rush. Been honing my skills in the attack helis and with the console-like handling from the latest patch or mouse controlled gunning, it's been pretty fun (have used them quite a bit before though).

My buddy got banned because he hopped in the gunner and the admin pilot asked him to get out and he said no. He also got banned by the same server admin in another server from them because they couldn't take down our Hind (one was Port Valdez CQ 24/7, other was Atacama Rush 24/7) because we kept killing him on the VADS. I have never ran into admin abuse until this game, and this is the first time since around launch I've seen it happen again. Fucking aggravating. I wish EA would do something.

In another server, we didn't base rape, but when a tank has been shooting us in their spawn the entire match I'm taking you out mother fucker. And no you can't hide under your little base rape accusations. Didn't think the admins cared on that sever. Any opinions on this? Is it fair to shoot at helicopters from their little safe zones thinking we can't do anything about it, then getting pissy in the chat when we get sick of it and go after them?
to me, it's EA rules.

"it's in the game"

i do avoid UAV C4 Bombing unless someone else suggests it first though...

it always amuses me when my team does jihad quads and win, then the other team tries it and runs into my AT Mines, so they start second guessing themselves, slowing down, looking around and trying other routes and get shot off their seat. BAITED!!!

the other day on Port Valdez i took a suicide run into the attacker's spawn and knifed the guy on the UAV because they UAV bombed B when they were getting low on tickets and i didn't want them to get a second run and destroy it.

in Conquest on Atacama, i've gotten soooo many kills and combat excellence pins as US team by driving to the Russian base, planting AT Mines in front of their base, stealing a tank, parking it behind their base and just killing people. i don't take their chopper either, that's an extra 100 points if someone is crazy enough to get in it! DICE really needs to make anything past the back fence out of bounds like it is on the US base, i mean, you can be parked low enough that they can't see you, but you can see them because of 3rd person view, and the machine guns shoot the the tarp without destroying it.

i don't think i could take playing the PC version and being at the mercy of hatin' ass server admins.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Striker said:
Plankton!

It was you, Dskillz, MasterFox, Mully, and myself on the 360 about 20 minutes ago. Sorry I ran off so sudden. But I will be play it again tomorrow if you guys want to roll again. It's such fun with a group of guys. :)

Yeah, I am down. That was alot of fun. I had to get off shortly after you did though. Played briefly before bed as well, but had to go to bed.

The Faceless Master said:
to me, it's EA rules.

"it's in the game"

i do avoid UAV C4 Bombing unless someone else suggests it first though...

it always amuses me when my team does jihad quads and win, then the other team tries it and runs into my AT Mines, so they start second guessing themselves, slowing down, looking around and trying other routes and get shot off their seat. BAITED!!!

the other day on Port Valdez i took a suicide run into the attacker's spawn and knifed the guy on the UAV because they UAV bombed B when they were getting low on tickets and i didn't want them to get a second run and destroy it.

in Conquest on Atacama, i've gotten soooo many kills and combat excellence pins as US team by driving to the Russian base, planting AT Mines in front of their base, stealing a tank, parking it behind their base and just killing people. i don't take their chopper either, that's an extra 100 points if someone is crazy enough to get in it! DICE really needs to make anything past the back fence out of bounds like it is on the US base, i mean, you can be parked low enough that they can't see you, but you can see them because of 3rd person view, and the machine guns shoot the the tarp without destroying it.

i don't think i could take playing the PC version and being at the mercy of hatin' ass server admins.
Atacama Rush is great for mines with those Cobras. Put some on the left by the VADS = happy times. Put one in the ocean in case they think they're smart because they saw your other mines (watched a guy do this).

Admins haven't been much of a problem other than to my unlucky friend today haha. In all the servers I played it's been all tactics go. I always jihad quad on Valdez. Oh and I get a rush when I jihad quad on Nelson Bay. I drive it right in the door and boom. Objective damage, multi kill, and half the building fucked up. :D My favorite was jumping off right as I caught air on a rock only to see my quad land perfectly on the MCOM. Happened a few times on NB and LP.

A lot of servers base rape is a no-no though.

I believe that EA even officially sanctioned the use of Anti-Base Rape rule-sets since back in the BF2 days.

Besides, It's a decent rule, becasue nobody likes being base-raped. Even though it may make some twisted douchebags feel good, I'm damn sure it doesn't make them feel good when it happens to them.

Besides, it promotes sportsmanship. Nobody likes it when people get unsportsmaship-like.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Pankaks said:

-LT LT LT LT LT LT
-Arm it
-PHYSICS N SHIT
Whats the advantage of going C4 assault class over going recon with C4?
My procedure:
- VSS, C4, Extra explosives, extra explosive power
- Get the M-COM as quickly as possible
- motion sensor on MCOM
- C4, C4, C4, start arming, C4, C4, C4
- If possible do a runner to a corner or behind some crates
- watch the red arrows converge
- get shot from somewhere and get very unhappy

TheSeks

poppabk said:
Whats the advantage of going C4 assault class over going recon with C4?

"C4 comes in reload boxes!? I WANT ONE!"

Pankaks said:

-LT LT LT LT LT LT
-Arm it
-PHYSICS N SHIT
i do something similar this ALL THE TIME to B on Laguna Presa.

well, half the time i get killed, maybe more than half, but the other less than half, it's a great way to start the round.

-C4, Extra explosives, extra explosive power.
-throw ammo kit
-LT LT LT LT LT LT
-BOOM
-LT LT
-throw ammo kit
-LT LT
-BOOM
-I THINK WE GOT OBJECTIVE BRAVO

Binabik15 said:
grenades are flaky when it comes to detonating C4. they work well with AT Mines though!

Pankaks said:
Yea I was trying to switch teams too but I couldn't find the option, where is it exactly?
if you're on the opposite team, they can send you an invite (highlight name on scoreboard and [on 360] press X) and if you accept (and there's space), you'll switch sides. if you're alive, you'll suicide, if you're dead, you'll just switch with no penalty. it's nowhere near as convenient as a simple option item on PC though...

Spl1nter said:
The same thing happened with 1943. I think the main reason is the size of battlefield maps. It takes a lot more resources to put together a battlefield map then other shooters. Still they should come out with a BC1 map pack.

And the maps that came out for BC1 with conquest mode were new maps.
the first 4 conquest maps for BC1 were modified versions of the Gold Rush maps, though some things were changed up a bit, like lighting, the water level on Oasis and some geometry.

the other 4 maps were modified versions of the single player game's maps, though a big chunk in the middle of Acta Non Verba (the middle bridge area) was out of bounds in the single player.

Raiden

Banned
Man im loving this game so far.

What do you guys think is the best Assault rifle? I love/need the old red dot sight/assault rifle combo, using the xmp or something, it is good but i hope there are later unlocks with more power and accuracy?

Cornbread78

Raiden said:

What do you guys think is the best Assault rifle? I love/need the old red dot sight/assault rifle combo, using the xmp or something, it is good but i hope there are later unlocks with more power and accuracy?

Just whore the M16 like everyone else.

bloodydrake said:
to be honest with ya's if they simply went back and did a minor patch to BC1 that increased damage of weapons so they were inline with BC2 I'd play it as much s BC2.
The one thing that killed BC1 for me was that i couldn't stand taking 20shots from an m60 to kill a guy :(

But yes one of the guys from Dice(twitter) confirmed no plans to release BC1 Map pack
and fix the artillery glitch!!!

i'll even put up with hold to sprint and X/[] to switch to more C4

i played a few games of BC1 today and it was still awesome

<3 no killcam
<3 instant scope shot
<3 friendly fire on
<3 map width

Wthermans

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
and fix the artillery glitch!!!

i'll even put up with hold to sprint and X/[] to switch to more C4

i played a few games of BC1 today and it was still awesome

<3 no killcam
<3 instant scope shot
<3 friendly fire on
<3 map width
I'm curious to know (since I'm PC-BF) how they handled team-killing in BC1. Was it similar to the punish system in BF2 where the victim had an option to forgive or punish and after 3 punishes the teamkiller would be kicked for one minute?

Raiden said:

AEK-971 use it without any scope and use burst fire (3-4 shots per burst) and magnum ammo it is extremely deadly. The STG is another great gun use it without sight but equip lightweight and mag ammo and don't burst, full auto. Best run-n-gun weapon for assault.

Loxley

Wthermans said:
I'm curious to know (since I'm PC-BF) how they handled team-killing in BC1. Was it similar to the punish system in BF2 where the victim had an option to forgive or punish and after 3 punishes the teamkiller would be kicked for one minute?

If I recall, there was no punishment system (it's been a while, so I could be wrong). However, team-killing was always turned on, and got seriously annoying.

Although it was great for swift retribution for those who like to play fair. I know a lot of people who would intentionally kill team mates who would take advantage of a mortar-fire glitch that would allow them to fire a near-constant stream of mortar strikes down on the enemy team on Rush maps. Conversely, people would kill teammates because someone took "their" vehicle, or they would TK over who got use the previously mentioned glitchy mortar-strike station.

It actually also made snipers using the sniper mortar strike ability a lot more edgy with where they placed it, since you can kill team mates with'em just as easily.

Acta Non Verba was a bitch in that regard :lol

*edit

you got autokicked after (iirc) 5 team kills.

Well, there you go :D

kaskade

Is that SPECAT Dr. Pepper thing still going on? I started playing again(forgot how damn fun the game was). I'd like to have those empty weapon slots filled.

Wthermans said:
you got autokicked after (iirc) 5 team kills.

everything was different because you had to watch where you were driving, especially if someone was repairing, you couldn't just spam an objective with explosives when it was armed, breaching houses etc was all different because there was more room for error.

Yopis

Hey im still around on 360 somtimes, just been doing a FF13 run right now on ps3. Hope the game stays healthy for a while longer.

Yopis said:
Hey im still around on 360 somtimes, just been doing a FF13 run right now on ps3. Hope the game stays healthy for a while longer.
well, i was playing BC1 today and it had full games of people playing, and even more people bought BC2, so i think it'll stay healthy.

Cheech

Yopis said:

Until EA killed it, you could still fire up Battlefield Modern Combat and get full games no problem.

TheSeks

Cornbread78 said:
Just whore the M16 like everyone else.

That's not our BFF, AN-94.

Until EA killed it, you could still fire up Battlefield Modern Combat and get full games no problem.

Uh, unless something changed since April, the 360 AND PS2 version is still up of BF2: MC.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
So true. Or just constantly load with a G3 and C-4 regardless on a map with houses and hope endlessly that you get lucky with a 2.0 at some point.

i've gotten all of my 2.0 kills from tanks or mortar strikes, not a single one from c4.:lol

iam220

This game is soo damn good, I'm reminded of that pretty much every time I play it.

Been playing with the VSS lately and damn its powerful (maybe a little too powerful). Eats up ammo incredibly quick so I have to get the ammo perk otherwise I'd be out fairly quickly. Having C4 and motion mines are fantastic. Motion mines being one of my favorite tools. The perfect setup for lone wolfing.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
i've gotten all of my 2.0 kills from tanks or mortar strikes, not a single one from c4.:lol

Damn, I'll have to whore the Tanks more, although, we do make a pretty good tank/gunner Deathmatch combo, those fools didn't stand a chance, LOL.

Raiden

Banned
Ok .. anyone else have this problem?

Everytime i try to acces a server for multiplayer my game freezes, first it loads the map and then when the "join"button should appear i get a black screen, and have to reboot my PC.

I have the steam version, and everything was running fine until i started messing with the visual settings, my game froze and since then im having problems.

Mully

Striker said:
Plankton!

It was you, Dskillz, MasterFox, Mully, and myself on the 360 about 20 minutes ago. Sorry I ran off so sudden. But I will be play it again tomorrow if you guys want to roll again. It's such fun with a group of guys. :)

Yeah last night was a lot of fun. Hopefully we'll do it all again.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok, going online. (PS3)
See you there guys.

Cuban Legend said:
I believe that EA even officially sanctioned the use of Anti-Base Rape rule-sets since back in the BF2 days.

Besides, It's a decent rule, becasue nobody likes being base-raped. Even though it may make some twisted douchebags feel good, I'm damn sure it doesn't make them feel good when it happens to them.

Besides, it promotes sportsmanship. Nobody likes it when people get unsportsmaship-like.
I agree with no base rape, but like I said, I can only take so much of your cheap tank peppering before I go after your ass. :D

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Went 24-1 and 18-2 on foot earlier boy that was exhilarating and I was paranoid as hell :lol

You gonna be on later tonight? I saw you playing when I first got on. I'm totally up for some BC2 winning streaks tonight. Also will be on tomorrow night too.

Probably. it's 6:38 pacific right now. I might be on at 9-10 pm. Yesterday I was about to log on at that time but I was watching a movie. My friend is playing right now that's why I logged off.

I posted before about playing with people on the PS3, but never got a chance cause my RL buddies are quick to invite as soon as I hop on. I'm kinda done playing with them tho, they kinda "stink".
So if anyone wants to friend me, send PKM a request.

I only play conquest or SDM, not sniper-core..I mean hardcore whoops.
Rush is garbage imo, no matter how much work the D does the Mcom just gets destroyed with no planting. Total waste of time and not worth "trying"

Also I was thinking why didn't Dice ever do Karkand, Mashtuur, Sharqi, Jalalabad for the BFBC series?? It's perfect!
Urban warfare, same types of vehicles available now, destruction 2.0 adds new flavor to the already amazing maps!
I'd pay $25 for these, or even more! Make it an expansion "BFBC2: BF2 Urban Classic Pack"
You could even import all the classic SF maps (Warlord!)
Hell they could redo Armed Forces maps, Euro Assualt etc.. There sitting on a goldmine of maps we prob pay for in a heartbeat. The maps are designed already, tested to be fun, why dont they just do a quick overhaul and make a ton of bank????

Top Bottom