• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

endlessflood said:
You're referring to White Pass aren't you? I think crak meant Atacama when he said attackers really have to work to get the M-COMs.

I really enjoy Atacama in rush, especially as a defender at the first set. I love stealing a Cobra and going all Mad Max on the attackers arses as they leave their spawn on quads, I've had some epic chases going back towards the M-COMs: sand spraying off tyres, vehicles flying off sand dunes, heavy MG bullets whizzing through the air... the sort of stuff that no other FPS game can offer.
i thought he meant White Pass. the first section can be tough with people throwing sensors everywhere. I mean, arming or C4ing, Atacama isn't particularly tough at any section, though i would say the 2nd is the hardest of the 4. 1st & 3rd A can be covered from several decent locations once armed, the 2nd set needs a few attackers to swarm and cover the entrances after arming, and the 4th set you have beefy tanks, you just have to do is delay the defenders. you can also guard from several spots where defenders will probably run right by you to disarm. as for dirty:
2nd A is the toughest crate on Atacama, but if you have a quad saved from the first base, you can C4 it up and drive right into A (or B) for massive damage. you can also RPG A from the B section of the ship. you can throw C4 on the roof of B from the ship, you can even parachute out of the Hind and get on the 3rd/4th/roof and throw the C4 from there. 1st and 3rd A you can C4 Quad, smart defenders will have AT Mines and C4 down, but there are lots of approaches to cover. 4th set you can't shell from the front, but you can from the side or back, preferrably with an enemy tank, so they can't use it. you can also use the Stationary AT on both final crates. or you could just drive a loaded Cobra up and pull the trigger.
yeah, i didn't bother mentioning the D2.0-able crates.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
2nd A is the toughest crate on Atacama, but if you have a quad saved from the first base, you can C4 it up and drive right into A (or B) for massive damage. you can also RPG A from the B section of the ship.

OH WOW. I didn't know you could do that. (Crack, seriously: Don't highlight that. It'll ruin your day) Edit: And yeah. A is a real meatgrinder. I'd say that set in general is hard
because of the wide-open push area unless you have a team that is coordinated and keep people from finding people sneaking in so the rest of the team can spawn on them and attack from behind/sides.

yeah, i didn't bother mentioning the D2.0-able crates.

There's <Destruction 2.0>-able crates on Atacama besides...
1st set B? Maybe 3rd set A/B as well?
(Crack, don't highlight)

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I'll heed your warning. My blood is already boiling from countless matches today.

Yeah, when Faceless says dirty he means dirty, don't really read that if you want to stay "virgin" on your learning of the map right now. I mean it.

Since we're talking crates/M-COMs, Nelson Bay-wise, Last Set/Push B is probably (IMO) the hardest crate to take for attackers if the defense is good. It's really stupid that most people don't seem to get this idea and go for A quickly. Which, while noble and A is easy (because it's out in the open and can be rocketed from a few areas), it can't be "dug into" (well it can, that attacking side game of ours tonight Faceless had them digging in on it, thankfully I distracted them a little) like B can. Unless everyone on Attackers is going to flood in (bad/good idea depending on enemy strength), it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to take B as you can't rocket snipe it (covered by the console controls/decorative). I really don't know why some of Attackers don't split to go to B to stealth approach. If clear, rest of the team spawns, they arm or C4 (but don't blow it until ready/insta-destroy) B and hold/destroy it quickly before the other team can go there and dig in.

RaGe_pt said:
Started playing this today with two friends and the game is amazing. Love playing rush. I'm improving the assault class first and than I'll improve the others.

I'd suggest going into Conquest (it's the second "big" gametype for the game) and the other two (Squad Deathmatch/Rush, but they SUUUUUUUCK *in before Dskillz and Fersis*) to see if you want to play them. And switch classes as needed. You want to unlock everything (esp. the defib and medic kits for medics) as you'll be helping your team out more having a spread of unlocks/classes that you know to play instead of sticking to one.

Trust me, I say this as nicely as possible because the game is a class-based game and class-based team-based game require a balance of all classes to be successful. I could be nasty and yell at you like I did Strike (who stuck to recon/sniping until we danced/dramaed on the forums and he learned to love the other classes and came to hate recon, bizarrely) but it's for your benefit. Please don't play with GAF (or at least not me) until you do this. It'll drive me crazy.

Yeah that's almost an exact fact. Same thing with Port Valdez since the last Bravo M-COM is identical to Nelson Bay. I dread the moment my teammate takes Alpha first because it results in Bravo being packed with almost the whole team. That's like the ultimate defense. When defending I'm confident because I hope my team packs up in the last Bravo, if not I bitch if they don't get near it soon we will lose.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Yeah that's almost an exact fact. Same thing with Port Valdez since the last Bravo M-COM is identical to Nelson Bay. I dread the moment my teammate takes Alpha first because it results in Bravo being packed with almost the whole team. That's like the ultimate defense. When defending I'm confident because I hope my team packs up in the last Bravo, if not I bitch if they don't get near it soon we will lose.

Oh, god, yes. Attacking B last push LAST on Port Valdez drives me absolutely insane.

"ARE YOU MORONS!? THEY'RE GOING TO DIG INTO B AND MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE!"

I saw a tank able to attack B today somehow (optics, I think?) while Faceless and Starfish_Oxide/i_shoot_to_kill (who joined us late) were on defense. I stopped that and we held them off pretty well until they took B. They bailed on the anti-air wagon. Faceless repaired it, I hopped in and annoyed them as they were holding onto "B" to spawn from and we held them off pretty well from A. So, while A is easy to attack... it can also be HARD if the defense is good and coordinated.

But yeah, last push Valdez is horrible/bad for my blood pressure either way it goes. But attacking B first makes A easier as it's more open. It's getting to the back/A that's the issue if the defense is good and spread out.

TheSeks

new (to me) dirty: Port Valdez
shooting 3rd A/B from under the pipes at 3rd attacker's base

*I'm trying to imagine that in my memory/recreation of Port Valdez from 100+ hours of BC2*

Theoretically that's possible, but how would you do that with
B being blocked by wall and that tanker-container and A being covered by... well... nearly everything in front of it.
I could see A by
spamming rockets to clear out the obstructions, but the defense would know what you're up to and try to stop it
. But I can't see B being possible like that.

Edit: By
Third attackers base
you mean
second set for defense
, right? I may be misunderstanding.

Edit 2: And I've just noticed I have roughly ~10,200 or 300 kills. If this was BC1, I'd of gotten "Beans, Bullets, Bandages" trophy/achievement now. *sigh* Too bad it's not.

I'll get back to BC1... someday. Maybe when the community is dead and kills my chances of killing myself over the stupid random damage rate for all guns in game[/spoiler] grinding the 10,002 kills they want for the trophy. >_>

TheSeks said:
*I'm trying to imagine that in my memory/recreation of Port Valdez from 100+ hours of BC2*

Theoretically that's possible, but how would you do that with
B being blocked by wall and that tanker-container and A being covered by... well... nearly everything in front of it.
I could see A by
spamming rockets to clear out the obstructions, but the defense would know what you're up to and try to stop it
. But I can't see B being possible like that.

Edit: By
Third attackers base
you mean
second set for defense
, right? I may be misunderstanding.
yes

hylje said:
So, I've started playing again on PC after quitting in late april. Been loving lot of the changes that I've seen and most of all the performance is amazingly better now for me using ATI card.
And this happened accidentally. I disabled my other screen and played on one screen only. Frames got boosted 30-40% at the best.

Sadly though, people are still dicks and don't know that there is no I in TEAM.

PC GAF has a weird way of suddenly all showing up in Mumble/BC2 at the same time. Just about every weekend, we get a game with 4-6 of us all playing. I haven't played this week because of STALKER: Call of Pripyat, but I still play regularly. Add me:

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

Also, just when you thought this meme was dead: http://artbydash.imgur.com/battlebros/1

6VnR3h.jpg

vt7voh.jpg

DNA6Yh.jpg

84UoEh.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

X-Frame

Is there anything else to unlock from levels in the mid-20's (with the universal guns) to level 50?

I'm done with the classes and think I have all the universal weapons. Is there more abilities or something?

Facism

Finally upgraded to win 7 last night and BC2 won't support my native res in dx10. Resets back to 1024x768 even if i change the ini and make it read only :lol

Guess i'll still be playing this in dx9.

X-Frame said:
Is there anything else to unlock from levels in the mid-20's (with the universal guns) to level 50?

I'm done with the classes and think I have all the universal weapons. Is there more abilities or something?

No, after you unlock everything it's a super slow climb up the ranks. It's basically insignias for you from now on.

belvedere

Junior Butler
So upgraded my proc after having suspicions of the games performance on dual core procs.

My meager AMD X2 6000+/9800 Pro went from 30-50 frames average to 130-150 frames avg after an upgrade to a X4 965 BE.

Cranked the settings and am now running a locked 60 fps with vsync enabled. I knew it would help, but holy hell!

:D

Jinjo

Yesterday we managed to get about 7 people into one single team on the 360. We absolutely raped everyone in the games we played, it was awesome.:lol

Question though: Is there an easy way to get for example two squads into one game, aside from hoping you join a game with enough room and inviting everyone on the other squad one by one? The 4 player limit in playing with friends online is kinda annoying.

In before: get a gaming PC. I have one, the rest of my friends don't.

Coldsnap

Is there an ultimate edition coming out soon with all the dlc for xbox? I want to get into this game but might wait a bit for a complete edition.

TheSeks

Coldsnap said:
Dang, I looked at amazon before asking the question. I must have over looked it.

$60.00 is a lot for an ultimate edition. Is there enough content for the price? The original copy is around $30.00 now.

1943- $15
SPECACT - $5
Onslaught - $10
BC2- $30-60

BC2 ultimate ~=all of them combined. So, yes.

Coldsnap

TheSeks said:
1943- $15
SPECACT - $5
Onslaught - $10
BC2- $30-60

BC2 ultimate ~=all of them combined. So, yes.

Onslaught is the only paid for dlc though, sorta a high price to ask.

I might just pick it up a used copy.

TheSeks

Coldsnap said:

Huh? 1943 is DD. SPECACT is pay-for on PS3 (I'm assuming you're using the Dr. Pepper thing on 360).

For the price if you don't own all three of those and BC2, it's worthwhile.

Mr. Snrub said:

OMG. :lol That needs to be slapped on every tank.

Wow, so I was looking at the cost to unlock all the guns and stuff for when I double dip since I'm liking all my guns so far and it's f'ing $20 to unlock everything from the start!!!!!

TUSR

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Wow, so I was looking at the cost to unlock all the guns and stuff for when I double dip since I'm liking all my guns so far and it's f'ing $20 to unlock everything from the start!!!!!
I finished all the class unlocks are level 20. So its really not that much work

Squire Felix said:
I finished all the class unlocks are level 20. So its really not that much work

Oh, I know but I've already done all the work on one system. It's just annoying to not have the basic stuff from the beginning. For instance last night I went to pick up a fallen medic's pack so that I could revive 3 of my fallen team mates after a big gun fight and I picked it up and dude didn't have the defirb yet.

OldJadedGamer said:
Oh, I know but I've already done all the work on one system. It's just annoying to not have the basic stuff from the beginning. For instance last night I went to pick up a fallen medic's pack so that I could revive 3 of my fallen team mates after a big gun fight and I picked it up and dude didn't have the defirb yet.
i noticed that you said you had 1943 on 360, did you get veteran status yet? because that way you at least start with the basic tools for the kits.

TUSR

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
rage. isnt defib the 3rd unlock?

medkit->lmg->defib?

dralla

i finished the campaign today, it was pretty bad from what I remember.

anyway. I was Gustaving with ex explosives and improved demo today. lets just say people weren't happy :lol

Massa

Coldsnap said:

I might just pick it up a used copy.

Used copy doesn't come with the VIP code which you definitely want. Get the regular edition new for $40.

i noticed that you said you had 1943 on 360, did you get veteran status yet? because that way you at least start with the basic tools for the kits.

Sweet, good point. I will have 1943 from PS3 buying the Ultimate edition and then a friend of mine has BC1 on PS3 that all I need to do is play a single game online and I'm set. I forgot about this!

Man my buddy got me hooked on the MG-3, things a beast with magnum ammo, and quick controlled bursts at a distance. Now at point blank, that things sprays its mess everywhere and turns people to mulch :lol

Ahh good, I think it's kind of weird to have dream of gameplay. Sometimes I actually think it happened because it goes exactly like the matches I play.

Mr Nightman said:
Man my buddy got me hooked on the MG-3, things a beast with magnum ammo, and quick controlled bursts at a distance. Now at point blank, that things sprays its mess everywhere and turns people to mulch :lol
Since they nerfed the M60 I just can't find a medic setup that suits me. In the Beta and pre-nerf I'd stay towards the back with the M60, and I'd always be the last man standing so I'd then have a chance to revive my squad and refund our tickets. These days I just seem to die along with everyone else (whether I go magnum or non-magnum) which makes me far less useful as a medic.

Yes, it's still a total points bonanza playing as medic (crate-bashing aside) but ATM I just feel like I contribute more to the team by playing as other classes (e.g. being a killing machine as assault and keeping everyone stocked with ammo, taking out vehicles as engineer, or spamming motion sensors as a recon). I've tried the MG3 but even at close range it seems like most other weapons will still trump you which surprised me. Still searching...

@faceless: you seem to have been caught out without a squad the last few times you've joined me, sorry about that! When I send the invite there'll be room in my squad, but other AUF guys will start appearing and taking slots pretty quickly these days. If you get in but don't have a squad just send me a squad invite and I'll switch over. It particularly freaks me out when I do get into a squad with you and you're not mic'd up, I can't help but feel like I've made you angry and I'm getting the silent treatment! lol.

Crakatak187 said:
Yeah sometimes he doesn't talk, I just assume his mic is dead and is recharging.
I have a USB mic (official PS2 one) that I got for the whopping sum of AUD$4.95 and never needs charging. Wired FTW!

Except when the cable somehow manages to loop itself around the leg of every person and piece of furniture in the room. Which is pretty much every time I use it lol

TheSeks

I just want to say that Nelson Bay conquest game pissed me off. I'm not sure if it was team imbalance of general random stupidity of public people, but HELLO, THERE ARE TWO BASES ON OUR SIDE. WE NEED A FEW PEOPLE TO DEFEND BOTH AND NOT EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER RUSHING TO THE OTHER PEOPLES BASES BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO PULL THE SAME SHIT AND MAKE IT HARD TO GET THE BASE BACK.

FFFFFF.jpg

I'd use my PSEye for mic uses, but I really hate voice chat. 1) I can't hear back. 2) I talk fast and am slightly hard to understand and 3) I feel stupid "talking to the TV" as it dovetails into 1 and I'm not by myself/other people are home so me cursing and going "GODDAMN IT NO NOT THERE DEFEND HERE!" cursing like a sailor isn't nice in a home with other people. :lol

TheSeks said:
I just want to say that Nelson Bay conquest game pissed me off. I'm not sure if it was team imbalance of general random stupidity of public people, but HELLO, THERE ARE TWO BASES ON OUR SIDE. WE NEED A FEW PEOPLE TO DEFEND BOTH AND NOT EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER RUSHING TO THE OTHER PEOPLES BASES BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO PULL THE SAME SHIT AND MAKE IT HARD TO GET THE BASE BACK.

FFFFFF.jpg

I'd use my PSEye for mic uses, but I really hate voice chat. 1) I can't hear back. 2) I talk fast and am slightly hard to understand and 3) I feel stupid "talking to the TV" as it dovetails into 1 and I'm not by myself/other people are home so me cursing and going "GODDAMN IT NO NOT THERE DEFEND HERE!" cursing like a sailor isn't nice in a home with other people. :lol

Plus it seems like most people with mics on ps3 sound all crackly, just not very good voice chat quality

Mr Nightman said:
Plus it seems like most people with mics on ps3 sound all crackly, just not very good voice chat quality
That does happen occasionally (lag issues maybe?) but it's pretty rare. I would say the voice chat quality in BFBC2 is among the best I've come across in a game, peoples voices are actually very clear. The only problem I seem to have is that some people have the volume on their mics turned down a fair way.

Top Bottom