• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

I got the last 200 kills for the 500 shotgun kills with Slugs. Boy it was fun and frustrating at the same time. Frustrating because mid range if I don't headshot I automatically lose (I use pump, The aiming skills). It's satisfying to snipe a sniper with a headshot from long range, I even got a guy with a headshot long range while he was jumping off a cliff before, boy that was a lucky shot.

Facism

snuck up on an enemy recon earlier, found i had no smoke nades left, so resupplied, had to wait for my Akaban to refill before it'd give me a smoke nade. 20 seconds after getting behind him i put a smoke in the back of his head and laughed like a Jackel.

Razor210

You know, for all the crap reputation wookies have, they are at least known for one thing - running up to vehicles blindly and throwing C4.

So anyways, I wasn't playing with GAFers, so I figured, hey, I'd run around with a sniper rifle and see what I could do. Second set of MCOMMs on Port Valdez, dude rolls up with a light tank - and me, being unlucky, had used my mortars recently. So I charged at the tank with no plan whatsoever, and lo and behold - when I got there, a beautiful "PRESS O TO ENTER" icon was showing up.

Press circle, kick into reverse, aim at original driver, :lol

I'm going to take a tiny break from playing BFBC2 alone, but feel free to message me if you want me to play.

I'm marathoning the MGS series.

Facism said:
snuck up on an enemy recon earlier, found i had no smoke nades left, so resupplied, had to wait for my Akaban to refill before it'd give me a smoke nade. 20 seconds after getting behind him i put a smoke in the back of his head and laughed like a Jackel.

I loved people like you when I'm playing recon with a shotgun. Go ahead, take your time... I have my TV volume up so high that I can hear you behind me and I can easily turn around and shoot you in the baby maker.

Btw, just a tip... not all Recons are sniping.

Facism

OldJadedGamer said:
I loved people like you when I'm playing recon with a shotgun. Go ahead, take your time... I have my TV volume up so high that I can hear you behind me and I can easily turn around and shoot you in the baby maker.

Btw, just a tip... not all Recons are sniping.

:lol @ condescending tone implying I'm a scrub and lacking in the requisite knowledge of the classes and their roles. i certainly don't deserve it, good sir. I'm just recounting something that happened earlier.

i play cqc recon too. ns2000 or red dot vss, c4 and slugs.

Facism said:
:lol @ condescending tone implying I'm a scrub and lacking in the requisite knowledge of the classes and their roles. i certainly don't deserve it, good sir. I'm just recounting something that happened earlier.

i play cqc recon too. ns2000 or red dot vss, c4 and slugs.

Please don't take it that way. I was just mentioning how I love when I'm playing a non-sniping recon and people assume they get an easy kill/extra time with me. It makes playing that class that much more fun.

Please excuse the tone as there wasn't one when I originally wrote it.

Facism

OldJadedGamer said:
Please don't take it that way. I was just mentioning how I love when I'm playing a non-sniping recon and people assume they get an easy kill/extra time with me. It makes playing that class that much more fun.

Please excuse the tone as there wasn't one when I originally wrote it.

then i apologise for the return. BFF? <3 :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Faceless, dude: I hopped onto BC1 there were players. I invited you and nada. :/

Razor didn't play Street Fighter with me. He played BC2, I went to play 15 rounds with someone on GAF through Blazblue and then he was gone. :(

TheSeks said:
Faceless, dude: I hopped onto BC1 there were players. I invited you and nada. :/

Razor didn't play Street Fighter with me. He played BC2, I went to play 15 rounds with someone on GAF through Blazblue and then he was gone. :(
yeah, i saw that invite when i woke up, i was sleeping all day.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Not sure if this old news but apparently on 2nd set of MCOMS on arica harbor -A
can be C4'd from above.
Didn't get to try it out myself. You may need extra explosive damage.

TheSeks

poppabk said:
can be C4'd from above.

OLLLLLLD. Faceless taught me and it spread.

Haven't seen the secret
read: vehicle
backdoor way that Faceless taught me to get over there is the defenders are holding the road done meanwhile. Hopefully that stays a secret.

Faceless said:
yeah, i saw that invite when i woke up, i was sleeping all day.

It's cool dude, the teammates were made of idiots.

"WTF, heal my 2% ass!"
TheSeks <NS 2000> DumbAssTeammate
(Pick up kit, throw out five health kits)
"Dumbass."
(Pick up demolition kit and go back to tank busting)

BC1 reminds me that I wish there was a "punish idiots" non-carebear option in softcore. Along with ammo boxes so I didn't have to deal with "AMMO PACK NOT COMING OUT! SHIT SWITCH KITS AND TRY AGAIN!" sitting-duckness that has to happen 95% of the time I'm using another class and have to reload because teammates are idiots. FFFFFFF.

But yeah, BC1 team was made of idiots and after a bit we started to win, but it was boneheaded retarded shit that annoyed me during the process. That and the damage rate/being locked to shotguns for RPG tankbusting. Fucking hate the shotguns in BC1. More so that being locked to classes and not having a pistol unless sniping. Ugh.

poppabk said:
can be C4'd from above.
yeah, you can C4 quite a few crates from above, below or an adjacent wall. i think i posted a list somewhere in the first thread.

vanty

Just played for the first time in months, only about 15 minutes but had a great time. Probably my best sniper round ever (95% of my time is with assault), hiding behind a plant getting headshot after headshot while the rest of my team goes for an m-com thing on some jungle map. Really makes me want BF3 though...

X-Frame

Uhh, WTF? I just quit a game and then when I went to check my stats it's saying I've never played! I'm a Level 1 Private!

Tell me this is a common bug .. Lol.

EDIT: Oops, didn't read the recent posts. Haha.

TheSeks

AHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man, idiots in BC1 as well.

That one map in the woods with the construction site/crane/bridge. Faceless will know it.

Squad Wild Card (10 kills per squad member and something something) 17/8 KDR round.

Next round, squad bails. Team left destroying enemies at the second set. They (idiot players) are bailing on the bradley.

I quickly grab it, take it to the back (to where mortar fire can't hit it) start pumping the walls with shells. And hold the line.

15/8 KDR defense with the tank.

They had someone behind one of the walls in our base, I throw a mortar over there (playing medic/support/engineer class) and get back in the tank quickly to kill three of them and the rest of the team mops up (no "STRIKE!" wild card for me. :().

Hilarious. Learn to die with your vehicles, idiots. Otherwise you give me free reign to fuck you up the ass with them. :D

Kinda wish I took some screenshots, but like I said earlier: BC1's screenshot function is messed up for me on the website. :(

somnific

TheSeks said:

That one map in the woods with the construction site/crane/bridge. Faceless will know it.

i believe that map is called Deconstruction. great map, although a good team on attack can rip through it pretty quickly.

Marvie_3 said:
These last 3 D2.0 kills are starting to piss me off so much. I can't get them to save my fucking life anymore.

you can do it man, be patient. use tanks, c4, rockets. tanks mostly!

Screen%20shot%202010-08-29%20at%204.24.29%20PM.png

TheSeks

somnific said:
i believe that map is called Deconstruction. great map, although a good team on attack can rip through it pretty quickly.

No, it wasn't Deconstruction. Another one.

Marvie_3 said:
These last 3 D2.0 kills are starting to piss me off so much. I can't get them to save my fucking life anymore.

I posted a few pages back how to boost this with a friend. It's super simple with two people.

somnific said:
fortunately, they do not.
fixed.

imagine if they did... just... imagine...

TheSeks said:

Squad Wild Card (10 kills per squad member and something something) 17/8 KDR round.

Next round, squad bails. Team left destroying enemies at the second set. They (idiot players) are bailing on the bradley.

I quickly grab it, take it to the back (to where mortar fire can't hit it) start pumping the walls with shells. And hold the line.

15/8 KDR defense with the tank.

They had someone behind one of the walls in our base, I throw a mortar over there (playing medic/support/engineer class) and get back in the tank quickly to kill three of them and the rest of the team mops up (no "STRIKE!" wild card for me. :().

Hilarious. Learn to die with your vehicles, idiots. Otherwise you give me free reign to fuck you up the ass with them. :D

Kinda wish I took some screenshots, but like I said earlier: BC1's screenshot function is messed up for me on the website. :(
the funniest thing that happened in a game i was in recently was the attackers on Atacama Desert using C4 jihads on all the crates, so after we lost the 3rd base, we took all their tanks. eventually, they managed to get 2 of their tanks back, get across and take out B and damage A, but we bled them so much they just couldn't finish A. we even shot down the UAV a few times.

okay, no, the funniest thing that happened in a recent game was a recon on Port Valdez Conquest ran up to me at B and .. i guess he thought i'd bail, but wtf dude, i can see the binoculars in your hand, I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE C4!!!

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
okay, no, the funniest thing that happened in a recent game was a recon on Port Valdez Conquest ran up to me at B and .. i guess he thought i'd bail, but wtf dude, i can see the binoculars in your hand, I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE C4!!!

:lol :lol You gotta love people that'll bail on vehicles before they are 000% and lag lets you get out before dying in them.

Edit: And the map was Valley run.

X-Frame

Here's some Assault - Crate Bashing gameplay from today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htKQv8gIEgo

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me any tips. I've only had the game for 2 weeks.

Thanks!

EDIT: Apparently it's a "douche move" to plaster C4 on crates that've already been armed by teammates and blow it up before they get the points. Lol. I can see where I'd be pissed, but I figured the quicker we complete the objective the better. And they still get the arming points .. am I still a douche?

TheSeks

ProTip: Even if a crate is in a house, you can still drive a quad right inside the door and Jihad Quad C4 it up close and personal.

The Faceless Master
Bad Company 2's Kool-Aid Man
(Today 07:21 PM)

TheSeks said:
The Faceless Master
Bad Company 2's Kool-Aid Man
(Today 07:21 PM)
just sayin... put the C4 as close to the crate as possible. exploding it outside the house does like 1/2-2/3 the damage. also, place the C4 on the part of the vehicle you expect will be closest to the crate.

X-Frame said:

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me any tips. I've only had the game for 2 weeks.

Thanks!

EDIT: Apparently it's a "douche move" to plaster C4 on crates that've already been armed by teammates and blow it up before they get the points. Lol. I can see where I'd be pissed, but I figured the quicker we complete the objective the better. And they still get the arming points .. am I still a douche?
Yes.

X-Frame

ProTip: Even if a crate is in a house, you can still drive a quad right inside the door and Jihad Quad C4 it up close and personal.

I tried doing this once and the C4 wouldn't explode. I drove a quad into the damn crate and all 6 C4 bars were still on there and it wouldn't detonate. Last time I did that.

Does it have to do if the quad was destroyed or something?

X-Frame said:
I tried doing this once and the C4 wouldn't explode. I drove a quad into the damn crate and all 6 C4 bars were still on there and it wouldn't detonate. Last time I did that.

Does it have to do if the quad was destroyed or something?
if you get on the Quad before the final C4 animation completes, sometimes it doesn't trigger. just wait until the animation completes betore getting on.

also, watch this: http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=ygV3dOtO6qg

X-Frame said:

Thanks!

Wow, after playing hardcore for so long I forgot just how many bullets you have to plug into someone to kill them in regular mode.

Oh, and sidenote. Everyone don't forget that the Ultimate editions come out Tuesday. I might get a discount but I think I'm going to pull the trigger and double dip with the PS3 version.

http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Bad-Company-Ultimate-Playstation-3/dp/B003VWGBBG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283126527&sr=8-5

X-Frame said:

Thanks!

Only thing I noticed you didn't do is spot enemies. Easy way to accumulate points and help your team out. Back button on xbox, select for ps3, which I believe is the version you have.

I thought it was pc at first because it sounded amazing, way better than my xbox setup. I guess it's because I watched the video with headphones?

X-Frame

I'm usually very good with spotting especially if I am unsure if I'm going to kill people but I guess I missed some opportunities in that game.

Pete Rock

Joined in with Oakcliff playing Rush yesterday, steamrolled for so many maps! Some mook attacker bailed the Blackhawk on Isla so I gyrated it in circles over the wookie hill with two gunners that knew wtf was going on, blasted their spawn for a good 30 tickets before a sniper finally got a lucky round through the windshield and into my skull. Every time a jetski or pb would take off I'd dip the tail back and strafe closer to our island and they'd get torched immediately, most of our team got bored and was posting up near the road taking pot shots at the spawn after they figured out what was going on.

Need to gold star the rest of my stuff, rank 41 is 240k, probably have to wait for the expansion to hit 50. Platinumed the CG and I still can't resist it, nothing compares to its overwhelming cheesiness. Really starting to dig into the Recon class in certain instances, got my first double headshot in Laguna on Saturday night and the very next shot was nearly identical. I couldn't fucking believe it, granted the first was pure luck as I didn't know there was a second guy down range crouched behind a bush, but the next time I had spotted 5 guys in a pack and I waited for one of the rear triangles to line up behind the guy I had targeted, back to back double HS with a GOL :D

Need to get one of those little hd pvrs and put together clips, I'd have so many good ones by now. The last time I was AT4ing on Isla I hit this Blackhawk in the windshield at such a weird angle the medic pilot and engineer gunner both flew out the exploding glass with their arms and legs all pushed back at weird angles, I had to stop and take a breath I was laughing too hard. I hit them as they were just coming in for another pass over A on the front side of the island and the corpses landed and skidded into the metal shack that is over B - my buddy was over there on the MG and about flipped shit from his angle :lol

BF3 needs the battle recorder or I will be upset!

RaGe_pt

Hi. I have a question. One of my friends bought the game but the radar isn't showing on the online. I mean, the spawn tickets that att have left appear but the radar doesn't... Is this a problem or you just gain access to the radar later? I think in my game the radar appeared when I started playing...

EDIT: Might be playing on HC mode maybe.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RaGe_pt said:
Hi. I have a question. One of my friends bought the game but the radar isn't showing on the online. I mean, the spawn tickets that att have left appear but the radar doesn't... Is this a problem or you just gain access to the radar later? I think in my game the radar appeared when I started playing...

EDIT: Might be playing on HC mode maybe.
Hardcore mode.

Are there any 360 players who are up for some casual games sometime? Sorry for asking here instead of the online matchup topic, but it's dead there, whereas there are quite a few people still posting here.

I really like this game, but I only end up playing with strangers who don't talk. It's a shame, as I prefer it to Modern Warfare 2, but as it stands, Battlefield 2 is pretty much a solitary experience for me. As a result, I don't play it much, and I'm not particularly good at it.

If you're interested, my gamertag is BENJO KAZ00IE (that's two zeroes in Kaz00ie, not the letter O). If you send me a friend request, let me know why or I'll probably ignore it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ben2749 said:
Are there any 360 players who are up for some casual games sometime? Sorry for asking here instead of the online matchup topic, but it's dead there, whereas there are quite a few people still posting here.

I really like this game, but I only end up playing with strangers who don't talk. It's a shame, as I prefer it to Modern Warfare 2, but as it stands, Battlefield 2 is pretty much a solitary experience for me. As a result, I don't play it much, and I'm not particularly good at it.

If you're interested, let me know here, or by PM, and I can send you my gamertag.
Feel free to add me. Gamertag - Marvie03

I don't have many people to play with either and randoms really suck sometimes.

Top Bottom