• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I am sure 16 vs 16 on PC makes a big difference to the ability to defend. More players definitely aids defense.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
It didn't happen in BC1 because C4 from your team also harmed the crate just like C4 from the enemy did.

Therefore, C4ing the crate while noble was a stupid thing that only newbies new to BC1 did, much to the dismay of older players (who promptly teamkilled them over and over).

I'd forgotten about BC1 friendly fire... been a while.

At the end of the day all I'm saying is that rush would be better with less cheese.

olimpia84

It was a Rush night for me, something rare :D
It's fun when you have a good team though, and even more fun when you see the level 50s in the other team start to quit when they realize their cheap tricks aren't working.

Sorry Crak and faceless for not joining your squad but I was playing with two of my buddies (non-gaffers).

I see, it's cool we were done afterward. I assumed you were alone so I sent an invite.

You guys sure punished them for their UAV C4, while I sat back most of the time at base :lol

Today was good fun we had total of 6 gaffers today but mostly 5 in a game.

Had an accidental moment of genius today. Playing defense on the first set of Valparaiso, the uav was repeatedly rocketing mcom bravo and I, or anyone else, could not find the damn thing.

I finally found the rockets trajectory in the sky but the uav was nowhere to be found so the only thing that I had to go on was that it was flying low, maybe hiding in the tree line.

The mcom needed one more hit to be destroyed and in a desperate and stupid attempt at countering it, I positioned myself in front of the mcom to try to absorb the damage:lol

Didn't work of course, mcom blew up and I didn't have a scratch but the uav still took me out with the gun and that was the uav pilot's fatal error.

Killcam! Caught me by complete surprise and it turned out my idea wasn't that stupid, if I had managed to die from the rocket I could've probably saved the mcom. Turns out the uav was parked on top of the rock formation in front of alpha, perfectly camouflaged and had already started rocketing alpha. Spawned as a recon > spot > vehicle destroy.

I try to utilize ingenious spots a lot of the time. It's real funny when you see tons of enemies walk right past you when the M-COM is armed.

Nope I never get a chance at UAV, but I do spot some ingenious people using UAV. Like people hiding in the sun.

There was this guy who hid behind our base on Atacoma Desert Rush, it took forever to find him because he hid behind the containers only popping up to shoot alpha. JM or Evolve sacrificed himself to get it because it was unreachable any other way.

I heard it's 3 minutes.

Crakatak187 said:
I see, it's cool we were done afterward. I assumed you were alone so I sent an invite.

You guys sure punished them for their UAV C4, while I sat back most of the time at base :lol

Today was good fun we had total of 6 gaffers today but mostly 5 in a game.
yeah, when they UAV C4'd B with like 5 tickets left on Port Valdez i was like "i am going to make sure they don't get on the UAV again" and i got into their base, destroyed the UAV station, set AT Mines at the front of their tanks, stole the T90, started spawn camping and destroyed the UAV station whenever it respawned. they started curving AT4's at me and it got wrecked so i hopped into the AA Bakhcha. and around this point most of the team started pushing up and we had them sandwiched. the T90 appeared again and i drove up and grabbed it again and then backed up and just kept shooting the shit out of them and destroying the UAV station.

While I was sitting back watching the hud.

Forgot about Faceless self sacrifice on Atacama desert. Went all the way to the UAV and killed him before dying by the timer.

You are pretty damn ruthless to UAV operators :lol

The team we faced on Valparaiso was pretty ruthless when we were attacking. They literally held us at spawn a couple of times until the 3rd checkpoint. The game that JM joined.

Crakatak187 said:
Forgot about Faceless self sacrifice on Atacama desert. Went all the way to the UAV and killed him before dying by the timer.
34hw7ti.png

"Remember when you were a kid and you'd hold your breath when you'd run past the graveyard? Leave that man's M-COMs alone."

You never forget your first...

VSS Red Dot. My first 1,000 kills gun.

You were a trusty gun, I loved the time we spent together but I have to move on. It's time for me to shoot other guns now. I'm sure I'll come back and shoot you now and again but it's better if you just remember the time we had. Don't be sad that it's over, be happy that it happened.

Marvie_3

Banned
I've really grown to love AT mines...especially when the other team is so stupid. :lol

Was playing Panama Canal conquest earlier and kept putting down AT mines in the same damn spot and the opposing team kept driving right over them repeatedly. They finally got wise to me and started driving elsewhere but then I moved where I was placing them and they kept driving right over them again. I had at least 20 kills in that round with AT mines alone. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I've really grown to love AT mines...especially when the other team is so stupid. :lol

Was playing Panama Canal conquest earlier and kept putting down AT mines in the same damn spot and the opposing team kept driving right over them repeatedly. They finally got wise to me and started driving elsewhere but then I moved where I was placing them and they kept driving right over them again. I had at least 20 kills in that round with AT mines alone. :lol
<3 AT Mines

so many great uses.

anti-tank
anti-jihad-c4-quad
anti-boat
shotgun traps
crate bashing

RaGe_pt

My friend just bought the game but he isn't in town so I picked it up for him. Can I play it on my ps3 or does the game has that blocking code that won't allow others to play on their ps3? I think I read something about this a while ago but I can't remember lol.

RaGe_pt said:
My friend just bought the game but he isn't in town so I picked it up for him. Can I play it on my ps3 or does the game has that blocking code that won't allow others to play on their ps3? I think I read something about this a while ago but I can't remember lol.
you can play, but you'll get booted from the "VIP" maps

RaGe_pt said:
So if I play my friend's game in my PS3 it means he isn't getting the vip maps? I won't play it than lol
no.

the game comes with a card with a VIP code on it behind the instruction manual. entering that code in the game is what enables the VIP content.

you can play the game, but you just won't be able to play some of the maps/modes online without entering the code or buying one online thru the PSN store.

RaGe_pt

The Faceless Master said:
no.

the game comes with a card with a VIP code on it behind the instruction manual. entering that code in the game is what enables the VIP content.

you can play the game, but you just won't be able to play some of the maps/modes online without entering the code or buying one online thru the PSN store.

I get it now :D . Thanks for the info man.

Pete Rock

bean breath said:
Turns out the uav was parked on top of the rock formation in front of alpha, perfectly camouflaged and had already started rocketing alpha.
On the fourth set of crates the camera on the uav even clips through a similar rock face at the rear of the base, allowing you to see all the defenders spawn near the shack behind B. At least spotting does not work through the rock, you have to elevate to do that successfully and target an attack, but it is still supremely cheap. I love players who park the Blackhawk in those spots solo, then switch to the gunner seat and start unloading in a hysterically useless manner into the jungle foliage before being Gustaved in the face :lol

I wish your UAV records contained the amount of spots and resulting assists instead of just kills and time piloting, usually I'll run an entire game from the first base using optics, guiding squads around on the front lines.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
crate bashing

SMH.

>>UAV Parking<<

You can park it in the back behind the rocks near the Hin-D in Isla Innocentes. Did that for a good ten minutes until someone got wise (and I didn't have alt weapons or v reload on), so it became a cat and mouse of "DO I HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO FIRE THE ROCKET INTO THE HELICOPTER, OR WILL I DIE!?" raising lowering into that spot. :lol

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
yeah, i know, i'm a night owl... i thought i was getting on early at 10PM :lol

I have bit of a backlog building up. I'm at 95% completion of RDR but I just started Bayonetta (been itching to get it for awhile) and AC2... loved RDR so much I picked up GTA:LCS, plus i'm getting hyped on Vanquish. I really don't know if i'll bother with MoH or CoD:BO.

Welcome to my hell, LOL. I only have 2 trophies left to get for FFXIII, but I've taken a break from it for the past few weeks. I only have two trophies left for BFBC2 (damn 2.0's) Plus, my buddy let me borrow inFamous, so I've been playing through that between jobs, then my other buddy let me borrow MAG and I've played that a little bit. Too many games, not enough time in the world to play them all, LOL.

Evolved1

Fun last night... finally played with faceless... which is weird since we've both been active in these threads since BC1.

Was pretty rusty for most of the night. Especially in CQB. Seemed like I couldn't get a handle on my pistol which is usually one of the stronger parts of my game.

I think straight up recon is probably my best class but I don't play it because of all the other terrible wookies already out there wasting space. I might just say fuck 'em though and play it anyway since it's the only way I can even dream of competing for an ace pin -- especially with you GAF guys haha. Too good.

Also... Seks, last night was the first time I've ever played a "real" medic in BC2. Your posts inspired me. No mag ammo, just a support role and I got so many points it was crazy. Near the top of the board (saying a lot since it was a game with Crak and Faceless) I lost most 1v1 battles and ended up 1K/8D but I think playing support helped the team a lot. They couldn't bust our coms... and I know I kept a lot of people alive that should've died otherwise. Hold the line! Haha it was pretty fun playing it straight up. First game in a while so my aim was probably to blame more for the bad K/D than the lack of mag ammo.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jtrizzy said:
Wish I had internet.
:lol (I noticed your previous post)

Yup, same here man.
Telefonica Speedy (My ISP) messed up with my connection. :(

X-Frame

Just unlocked the NS 2000 last night but it has the same stats as the SPAS-12. Are they identical?

I may be wrong, but the NS 2000 seems to reload slightly quicker and there's less time wasted between shots.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
no.

I bought a VIP code for a dollar off ebay a while back.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Also... Seks, last night was the first time I've ever played a "real" medic in BC2. Your posts inspired me. No mag ammo, just a support role and I got so many points it was crazy. Near the top of the board (saying a lot since it was a game with Crak and Faceless) I lost most 1v1 battles and ended up 1K/8D but I think playing support helped the team a lot. They couldn't bust our coms... and I know I kept a lot of people alive that should've died otherwise. Hold the line! Haha it was pretty fun playing it straight up. First game in a while so my aim was probably to blame more for the bad K/D than the lack of mag ammo.

Kinda wish I wasn't raging at Blazblue and saw that. It's nice that some people in here that aren't named Dreamgazer will give a true support class a support role in a support teamwork game. ;)

And yeah, "proper medic" is a points vacuum. But that's not really the point of going that way. You're helping your team keep tickets and keep them alive. A bunch of "proper medics" against non-Magnum Ammoed enemies will probably win 60% of the time if they're coordinated and know what they're doing.

I lost most 1v1 battles. First game in a while so my aim was probably to blame more for the bad K/D than the lack of mag ammo.

Partially aim, partially Magnum Ammo. The base damage rate for LMGs in comparison to Magnum Ammo is pretty bad. Like I said, you can kill with non-MA with all the guns, but it's flipping HARD when the majority of the playerbase, other team is using it. So yeah, it's hard to survive unless you become a cockroach and help others stay alive to kill the people that kill you. :lol

Just unlocked the NS 2000 last night but it has the same stats as the SPAS-12. Are they identical?

No. SPAS-12 has to pump between shots, as the gun (in real-life) lets you cycle a non-leathal round while leaving the rest of the magazine (lethal/non) untouched. No need to change ammo for one shot.

In game? No. The SPAS-12 is slightly less accurate (unless using slugs) + pump-action while the Neostead NS2000 fires more accurately (fires two rounds compared to the SPAS's one, IIRC?), while being a forward pump (different from other pump shotguns).

Evolved1

I didn't use LMG's though... I hate them. If suppression fire actually worked... then maybe I would. I just use the M14 or shotgun or something when playing medic.

It was fun though. I'll probably do that a bit more tonight if there's a need for it.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
I just use the M14

SMH for that gun. At least use the G3.

or shotgun or something when playing medic.

Ah, Shotgun can be partially the issue with the wonky hit-detection. I wouldn't recommend shotguns with range/rate ++.

The last week Ive finally stopped playing conquest and SDM and turned my attention to Rush. Its really not to bad once you just dont care anymore about people bombing the MCOM, in fact now I just spam a ton of AT mines on it and set the charge. I try to throw the nade in there once people run in and even if I die the tiniest explosion around the crate from anything or anyone will set them off and nab me 300-400 pts :D

(used 2 graphics since I think its funny the ones says "Squad play attitude=110%" lol, I go above and beyond lol)

Please do your worse to crit my playstyle or tell me ways I should improve it by looking at my stats, I love this game :D
I think not playing Rush really set me back points wise, I should be 50 by now!!!
I also think my stats are F'd up due to SDM, 22% W/L for defending?!?

dralla

you dont need shotguns to do that though. i blew a guy up yesterday by throwing a grenade into a AT mine field. his body flew 20 feet, it was glorious

dralla said:
you dont need shotguns to do that though. i blew a guy up yesterday by throwing a grenade into a AT mine field. his body flew 20 feet, it was glorious
yeah, you can use any gun, but they aren't as reliable. grenades just take too long to explode for it to be a great trap.

The funny thing about AT mines is when your dumb team just puts down like a cluster of 5 or 6 in the same spot. The urge to just toss a grenade on them is hard to resist.

I'd like to see an AT mine domino effect strung out across a map :lol

TheSeks

bean breath said:
I'd like to see an AT mine domino effect strung out across a map :lol

Could do it in a private server... that is if DICE's fucktarded private servers weren't reserving dedicated space. *sigh* One thing I prefer from CoD: Being able to fuck around in maps by myself to check things without being fired on.

Also IIRC you can use AT mines and have vehicles flip hilarious levels. I remember someone using C4/AT mines in a video and having the Jetski fly across the island of Ilsa Innocentes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Could do it in a private server... that is if DICE's fucktarded private servers weren't reserving dedicated space. *sigh* One thing I prefer from CoD: Being able to fuck around in maps by myself to check things without being fired on.

Also IIRC you can use AT mines and have vehicles flip hilarious levels. I remember someone using C4/AT mines in a video and having the Jetski fly across the island of Ilsa Innocentes.
Its done to save up server slots.

:3

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Its done to save up server slots.

:3

You know what would be done to save server slots?

Let me load the map for my damn self without any network coding going on.

It's crazy that Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3/Reach can let me load a map online by myself because they're peer-to-peer and DICE can't give me the option to do that.

TheSeks

http://i38.tinypic.com/k2znmo.jpg

Wow, is that the PC GUI or was that during the beta phase? The ammo count looks funky.

Doesn't look like it's that effective at all. Who walks forward and shoots deserve to die :lol

Edit: I'll be on around 7-8 pm pacific time. It's 104 degrees today. I don't want to kill my PS3 any faster.

Top Bottom