• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

X-Frame

Tried a Medic with the MG3 last night and rate/range+ and it was crazy how many points I earned. I think the health packs have like a 20 foot range with the upgrade spec. Lol.

Dabanton

Does anyone else quickly pick up the kits of fallen medics to revive team-mates who have been downed?

I did this a few times last night , but is the favour returned? very,very rarely :lol Some very selfish players playing.

Also the mortaring over and over is getting tedious we had a team of attackers on Arica Harbour who just sat back and wouldn't come down instead they stood on the top of the border patrol and mortared 'B' repeatedly most of my team were doing god knows what elsewhere. The attackers eventually lost they wouldn't come down to get 'A' and my squad went up to fight them.

Smoked the entire area then pushed them back.

Dabanton said:
Does anyone else quickly pick up the kits of fallen medics to revive team-mates who have been downed?

I did this a few times last night , but is the favour returned? very,very rarely :lol Some very selfish players playing.
I actually do this, but sometimes I forget or I am to busy shooting at something. When I am playing in a party with friends I do this even more, because one of my friends reminds me by saying that he is down and where he is.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dabanton said:
Also the mortaring over and over is getting tedious we had a team of attackers on Arica Harbour who just sat back and wouldn't come down instead they stood on the top of the border patrol and mortared 'B' repeatedly most of my team were doing god knows what elsewhere. The attackers eventually lost they wouldn't come down to get 'A' and my squad went up to fight them.

Smoked the entire area then pushed them back.

Yeah... you do that and then they sneak in around and C4 the crates. :/

I've always liked mortars but they are getting ridiculous in rush. If a com is in a building... you just hit it with mortars until it falls. You don't even have to get close. So defenders are forced to come out and hunt you down. You break up their line and sneak past to C4 (or arm haha yeah right) the crates.

The worst thing about mortars is how badly they affect your aim when you're near the impact. Actually... you don't even have to be too close for them to fuck up your aim. So even if you see the douche recon, you can't hit him because the reticule is jumping all over the place. It's like extra punishment -- salt in the wound. This game is so skewed towards attackers now, I don't even know what to say other than I've lost complete confidence in DICE's ability to balance a game mode. Not weapons... but the actual core mechanics of a game mode.

olimpia84

The hit detection lately has been ridiculous. Last night instead of knifing this guy (afraid that the knife animation won't work) that was just standing with his back to me, I decided to shoot him with my NEOSTAD in the back of his head/neck...after the shot it took two seconds for him to fall down and for me to get the "Killing Enemy +50 pts" message.

So basically I lost every single one-on-one situation last night...I know the fact that using a pump shotgun like the NS 2000 wasn't helping but heck, that's how I want to play the game and I shouldn't have to deal with these issues. My best options were to either go back to being an Engineer and use a SMG or use a semi automatic shotgun like the Saiga or USAS-12, it seems like hit detection isn't as bad when you use those weapons.

Also, DICE needs to add some kind of option where if you hold a button (or combination of them) and you speak through the mic then everybody in your team should be able to hear you, that way I can shout orders to all those useless idiots that don't contribute anything . It's so damn frustrating when you see half your team running around without a clue or either just standing in one spot to get kills when in fact they are playing in CONQUEST mode where the main purpose of the game is to CAPTURE flags in order to gain position and respawn points for the rest of the team.

Cornbread78

olimpia84 said:
Also, DICE needs to add some kind of option where if you hold a button (or combination of them) and you speak through the mic then everybody in your team should be able to hear you, that way I can shout orders to all those useless idiots that don't contribute anything . It's so damn frustrating when you see half your team running around without a clue or either just standing in one spot to get kills when in fact they are playing in CONQUEST mode where the main purpose of the game is to CAPTURE flags in order to gain position and respawn points for the rest of the team.

We've been screaming about this since launch... a right directional button like R2 would be great!

The damn useless Smurfs, just standind there....AARRGGHHH

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Zh1nt0 said:
We have compiled a list of 34 issues from the forums which we are currently looking at for BFBC2

So we can confirm a new patch coming soon.

*Crosses Finger*

Get Rush right please and fix or lesson the latency between shots that result in hit detection issues and the hit detection issue in general.

Marvie_3

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
*Crosses Finger*

Get Rush right please and fix or lesson the latency between shots that result in hit detection issues and the hit detection issue in general.
My K/D ratio would be way over 1 if it weren't for this.

Yeah it's a serious issue when you kill somebody and they drop dead 1.5 seconds later. It's no wonder there are so many draws from 1 on 1 shooting.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Cant play sweet sweet BFBC2 with my GAF brothers and sisters thanks to my ISP.
:(

Marvie_3

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
Yeah it's a serious issue when you kill somebody and they drop dead 1.5 seconds later. It's no wonder there are so many draws from 1 on 1 shooting.
Another problem is when you lay a whole clip into a guy, he doesn't die, then he turns around and kills you.

commedieu

Banned
I like the game. Been playing it off and on since launch, mainly Conquest/Rush on 'hardcore'

Really reminds me of the good old days of BF2 on PC.

Online gaming has issues with hit detection every now and then and of course BS shots, but its very enjoyable to be on a team of a hand full of guys trying to keep a point or defend.

I'd like some new maps, and the option to mute total fucking jackasses that cut on their fucking mic while debating with their mother about how many fucking "gaming hours" they've had today, and that they are exceeding the limit. Or the numbnutts who just breathe -- fucking mouth breathe -- into the mic the entire god damned match. Which definitely results in the only time I have to exit a game/replay.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
commedieu said:
I'd like some new maps, and the option to mute total fucking jackasses that cut on their fucking mic while debating with their mother about how many fucking "gaming hours" they've had today, and that they are exceeding the limit. Or the numbnutts who just breathe -- fucking mouth breathe -- into the mic the entire god damned match. Which definitely results in the only time I have to exit a game/replay.

I'm going to blow your mind. You ready?

Start->Squad->Highlight person you want to mute->Square

ZOMG MUTED.

X on 360, dunno whatever the fuck on PC, but you CAN mute people.

commedieu

Banned
TheSeks said:

ZOMG MUTED.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very very very very much. I swear I've just been so frustrated, I highlight them and mash the buttons. Thank you so much

thank you thank you thank you!!1

zomg

Massa

Fersis said:
Cant play sweet sweet BFBC2 with my GAF brothers and sisters thanks to my ISP.
:(

Are you sure it's your ISP and not router? I have a Netgear WGR614 that is atrocious, specially with Bad Company 2.

tsigo

Does anyone know how to fix this PC issue I'm getting, where the screen will flicker black seemingly at random? It blacks out everything except the HUD.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheSeks said:

ZOMG MUTED.

That's fucking awesome. :D :D :D

todahawk

TheSeks said:

ZOMG MUTED.

TheSeks
Mindblower
(Today, 07:17 PM)

TheSeks

NEOPARADIGM said:
And of course now that you're aware of that, you'll never have another instance where you'll need to use the feature. :D

Sureeee he will.

If he's anything like me, he'll mute EVERYONE on his squad like I do in CoD4. :lol

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
i wonder if DICE ever plans to fix the screenshot function.

Screenshot is broken (for me) in BC1, at least on the website. It won't show my photos despite them being uploaded apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't fix it here.

Fucking stupid.

Owzers

NEOPARADIGM said:
And of course now that you're aware of that, you'll never have another instance where you'll need to use the feature. :D

I had to mute someone the other day because he was singing....i don't know what it is about kids, usually, and singing. They must have American Idol installed into their brain.

delume

This game is a mess to play online right now, laggy, buggy, frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and want to enjoy its goodness but its performance is just killing it for me.

When the game first came out it was easy to find a solid game running but not these days. I live in New Zealand, so I am guessing this may not have changed for a lot of you. Anyone in Aussie getting the same horrible performance? I'm playing on 360. Cheers.

As I expected Faceless passed me up in rank. I knew it would happen eventually. I'm at the tip of reaching 47 and yet Faceless is already 47 when I checked the leaderboards today.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
recklessmind said:
Yeah... you do that and then they sneak in around and C4 the crates. :/

I've always liked mortars but they are getting ridiculous in rush. If a com is in a building... you just hit it with mortars until it falls. You don't even have to get close. So defenders are forced to come out and hunt you down. You break up their line and sneak past to C4 (or arm haha yeah right) the crates.

The worst thing about mortars is how badly they affect your aim when you're near the impact. Actually... you don't even have to be too close for them to fuck up your aim. So even if you see the douche recon, you can't hit him because the reticule is jumping all over the place. It's like extra punishment -- salt in the wound. This game is so skewed towards attackers now, I don't even know what to say other than I've lost complete confidence in DICE's ability to balance a game mode. Not weapons... but the actual core mechanics of a game mode.
Well, it's just more of a matter of the game. People could cratebash well before they started to do so at their current levels, but there's still plenty of value in arming the old fashioned way. that's what I tend to do since I usually carry Smokes or 40mm shotgun. I just sit in with an ammo crate and protube people as they try to disarm. I cant do it all by myself so I need one or two people providing covering fire from an alternate point (which doesn't happen nearly enough), I do pretty well that way.

Dabanton said:

Well, I used to a lot but then when they come back they take my kit so I'm stuck with whatever shitty config they have.

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
Well, I used to a lot but then when they come back they take my kit so I'm stuck with whatever shitty config they have.

Unless they're using the MG3: ADAPT. "Shitty config" isn't so shitty if you adjust on the fly. It may suck, but you can suck less without losing a ticket.

I rather suffer than lose a ticket, IMO.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheSeks said:
Unless they're using the MG3: ADAPT. "Shitty config" isn't so shitty if you adjust on the fly. It may suck, but you can suck less without losing a ticket.

Exactly. I've gotten used to almost any gun in the game so it really doesn't matter what they were using. I always try to revive when I can.

delume said:
This game is a mess to play online right now, laggy, buggy, frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and want to enjoy its goodness but its performance is just killing it for me.

When the game first came out it was easy to find a solid game running but not these days. I live in New Zealand, so I am guessing this may not have changed for a lot of you. Anyone in Aussie getting the same horrible performance? I'm playing on 360. Cheers.
I'm playing in Australia and it's not too bad. The problem seems to when we get put on Japanese servers in particular;; for whatever reason they seem to be worse in terms of lag than European or US servers. I often find when playing on Japanese servers that I'll be killed by the very first bullet fired from an SMG. Obviously on their screen they've been firing at me for some time, but on my screen they fire a single bullet and I die instantly :(

TheSeks said:

I guess that came out wrong. I can use any medic gun but sometimes they put the 4X on it and I can't shoot for shit. Plus, they take my gun and I'm not sure if they would rather be alive or deal with my weird gun they aren't used to like the VSS red dot.

On a different note, I found I still need my 500 shotgun kills so I moved back to recon (need my mortar kills too) and put the Combat 2000 on and fell back in love with that gun. Love seeing people drop with one shot but God forbid they are any distance away from me. Still miss my VSS like you wouldn't believe.

Massa

Terrible luck finding a balanced game the past few days, just played a round of conquest on Arica Harbor where my team won with over 200 tickets left. That just isn't fun at all.

Does anyone use any of the iPod/iPhone stat apps? There are a few and I wanted to get one but wanted to get people's opinion's first.

Massa said:
Terrible luck finding a balanced game the past few days, just played a round of conquest on Arica Harbor where my team won with over 200 tickets left. That just isn't fun at all.

I've been leaving games if they are unbalanced in one way or the other. It's no fun having the other team secure all the bases and spawn camp and it's no fun to hold all three bases and constantly hunt down people.

I've found that Nelson Bay on Conquest is the best so far as the points are pretty balanced with each team holding 2 of the 4 constantly and it's pretty much always a good game IMO.

UFRA

TheSeks said:

ZOMG MUTED.

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!

150hrs into the game and I thought it was impossible to mute people.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU all the times I put up with kids constantly talking "NICE SHOT, HAHAHHAHHAA I STABBED A GUY EHHAHAHAAHHAHA111!"

:lol

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
I've found that Nelson Bay on Conquest is the best so far as the points are pretty balanced with each team holding 2 of the 4 constantly and it's pretty much always a good game IMO.

Only if you have a good team. If you don't, it's either steamroll (if your team is good) or be steamrolled (if your team sucks and can't get the idea to DEFEND THE FUCKING POINTS, YOU FUCKING MORONS. FUCKING RAAAAAAAGE.).

I can use any medic gun but sometimes they put the 4X on it and I can't shoot for shit.

^ on enemy.
TAPTAPTAP

What is so hard about the 4x sight? It's better than the red-dot for "point at enemy and they die." Sure, the recoil is weird, but that takes time to adjust.

Really, it isn't hard to use, nor is it hard to just spray with the gun. Stop being selfish.

TheSeks said:
^ on enemy.
TAPTAPTAP

What is so hard about the 4x sight? It's better than the red-dot for "point at enemy and they die." Sure, the recoil is weird, but that takes time to adjust.

Really, it isn't hard to use, nor is it hard to just spray with the gun. Stop being selfish.

It's hard for me cause I never... ever have used a 4X sight so it' throws me off. I'm not selfish and bring people back. I just feel like they don't want my load out which they get by default when they come back.

Marvie_3

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
I was in an awesome round like that the other night. Each team had the two flags closest to their spawns and in between was just a meat grinder for both teams. Both sides had front lines set up and it went ticket for ticket until the end. Ended up losing by 2 but it was the most fun round I've ever been in. :D

I've just had two pretty close matches on Nelson Bay Conquest. It seems near the end, the fight always ends up between Base C and D. I think it's much better than White Pass, which at first was my favorite conquest match.

Dabanton

olimpia84 said:

To think that this option is not in is hilarious. It's almost impossible to coordinate properly. I can see why DICE took out the commander role, but they should have a squad leader role that allows the team leaders to communicate and co-ordinate would mean that games would have some actual tactics with everyone working together. (yeah wishful thinking)

Switching back to shotguns to get my 500 kills sucks. If a guy is even remotely away from me I miss the kill. I may end up getting my shotgun kills last as it's very frustrating now coming off the VSS.

Top Bottom