• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

After using the VSS with red dot for so long, every other gun feels like garbage. I miss my motion detectors and mortar strikes! Nothing is better than playing the Recon like an Assault class. The Assault class kind of sucks once I come back to it... but at least I'm not running out of ammo.

X-Frame

OldJadedGamer said:
After using the VSS with red dot for so long, every other gun feels like garbage. I miss my motion detectors and mortar strikes! Nothing is better than playing the Recon like an Assault class. The Assault class kind of sucks once I come back to it... but at least I'm not running out of ammo.

I love going Shotgun + Recon. Using C4 and Motion Sensors is definitely a CQC beast.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OldJadedGamer said:

That's why everyone needs to change classes as needed (team balance) and probably switch guns so they don't get comfortable once they platinum one.

Just my opinion, though.

Owzers

I mostly play Squad Deathmatch and have gradually shifted to Conquest, which makes the Medic class a lot more fun since there are actually people to heal. Gaf posts have shamed me into playing a full-medic medic with both perks the med-pack enhancements and usually the X8 compact since the recoil isn't as bad as the M60.

Sniper + VSS red dot ( which i just got the red dot sight today) + Mortar + magnum ammo = fun. I'm relatively new with snipers but sighting people while in Mortar view mode, which i read about here, is pretty fun.

EDIT: Actually i dont think i have the VSS yet...i have one the one with 10 rounds per clip Xp

Got spawn camped today because the other squads wanted to stay back in base on Valparaiso. I died and look on the mini map seen the rest of the team huddled next to the UAV station on the 3rd checkpoint.

Just started a new game afterward.

Faceless do you have connection problems? because I noticed you get disconnected a lot.

dralla

there's a glitch when you pick the G3 and burst pistol, when you switch between them it does the grenade launcher animation.

anyway, I'm trying WWII load out, Thompson and M119 w/ lightweight and mag ammo [recon]

Crakatak187 said:
Got spawn camped today because the other squads wanted to stay back in base on Valparaiso. I died and look on the mini map seen the rest of the team huddled next to the UAV station on the 3rd checkpoint.

Just started a new game afterward.

Faceless do you have connection problems? because I noticed you get disconnected a lot.
isp sucks. some days it's great, others it's crappy. what's sad is the other choice is ... AT&T DSL. which is worse.

todahawk

X-Frame said:
I like the SPAS or the NS 2000 with the 12 gauge slugs but find I actually do better (and it fits my playstyle more) when I take off the slugs and replace it with the Lightweight spec. Running around faster + a beastly super-shotgun is fun as hell.

yeah, if i want c4, i'll throw on lightweight and use the saiga. i haven't touched teh spas or 870 in awhile.

dralla

they should give the T88 a boost. it does less damage at distance than the SVU, which is crazy because the SVU is silenced.

and what happened to gamescon, I thought there was supposed to be some news on Vietnam

Lothars

So it's been a while since I played BC2 but I plan to come back to it, did they ever make the dr.pepper content available for the PC?

TheSeks said:
That's why everyone needs to change classes as needed (team balance) and probably switch guns so they don't get comfortable once they platinum one.

Just my opinion, though.

Oh, I know. I'm moving on since my platinum but I REALLY miss that gun. I've unlocked all classes and can play them all but I found the perfect gun in the VSS red dot.

suplex

Managed to get a very near simultaneous triple and double kill from two different vehicles hitting my mines. The points just wouldn't stop flowing in, I think the final total for the transaction was 620. AT mines are awesome. :lol I love launching them long distance over cover at sitting tanks.

RaGe_pt

Started playing this today with two friends and the game is amazing. Love playing rush. I'm improving the assault class first and than I'll improve the others. Maybe I'll get to play some people from GAF :D

TheSeks

Scarl-L Gold Star 1
M1911A1 Gold Star 3

And the XM8 Compact is a fucking beast. Holy shit. Once you learn to iron sight that thing right, spray for 2-3 seconds and you have a generally dead man.

Just went 12 dudes per one death with it. :lol Nearly ran out of ammo, restock and got taken out by a medic. :(

TheSeks

Dabanton said:
Do your team mates get highlighted when you are using the UAV on hardcore?

No? At least I don't think so. Spotting does jack on highlighting people.

You probably hit them with splash damage from a rocket or firing the machine gun on the UAV at an enemy and hit them. (IIRC teammates aren't highlighted in hardcore like they are softcore)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Faceless Master said:
spotting does show people in hardcore... on the map in the start menu...

Hey if you have room on your FL add me... especially if you're playing on PS3 a lot now.

evolved1

aeolist

Banned
TheSeks said:
And the XM8 Compact is a fucking beast. Holy shit. Once you learn to iron sight that thing right, spray for 2-3 seconds and you have a generally dead man.

Just went 12 dudes per one death with it. :lol Nearly ran out of ammo, restock and got taken out by a medic. :(
Yeah I have a hard time playing with other guns now that I'm used to the XM8-C. It's good even at long range now that I've learned to rapid tap it.

recklessmind said:
Hey if you have room on your FL add me... especially if you're playing on PS3 a lot now.

evolved1
i actually tried to add you last night, but got the 'friends list is full' error... time to find someone to delete...

RaGe_pt said:
Started playing this today with two friends and the game is amazing. Love playing rush. I'm improving the assault class first and than I'll improve the others. Maybe I'll get to play some people from GAF :D
First you got to add some people from GAF. Feel free to add me PSN: Crakatak187

I mainly start the Rush games while olimpia starts Conquest games.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Rush on White Pass is absurd... once you take the first two coms you can mortar every one after that. Don't even have to get close.

:lol Great design choice there.

1stStrike

Banned
It was good playing with a few of you guys tonight. We won some and we lost some, but overall pretty fun. That white pass rush and Atacama Conquest were both pretty gay, but the rest was cool. Had some REALLY close games too with the other team.

aeolist

Banned
recklessmind said:
Rush on White Pass is absurd... once you take the first two coms you can mortar every one after that. Don't even have to get close.

White Pass and Atacama Desert are generally pretty terrible as Rush maps

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
recklessmind said:

Yup, its really weird.
Once youve lost the first set of MComs youre done.
Crakatak187 said:
I kind of like Atacama Desert. It's a decent Rush map to me.
Decent? Nope, its awesome if you play as engineer.

aeolist

Banned
Atacama is an awesome rush map!
I do almost enjoy it as defense because the Gustav is unstoppable and there's lots of weak vehicles to destroy but on offense it's just annoying, and it doesn't get better after the first set of MCOMs.

Fersis said:
Yup, its really weird.
Once youve lost the first set of MComs youre done.

Decent? Nope, its awesome if you play as engineer.
It's decent to me atm because I didn't get a chance to play it a lot yet. I felt the same way towards laguna Presa when it first came out.

Attackers really have to work to get the M-COMs. Very defender oriented map which is much needed.

Dabanton said:
Seriously i fucked up earlier took out some of my team mates twice got a very angry xbox live message. :lol

In hardcore I give you one get out of jail free card for killing me. Two and you get bad feedback. I play as a medic most times cause if I accidentally kill someone in hardcore (it happens when they spook me) then I'll just bring them back from the dead myself.

aeolist said:
I do almost enjoy it as defense because the Gustav is unstoppable and there's lots of weak vehicles to destroy but on offense it's just annoying, and it doesn't get better after the first set of MCOMs.
i especially love it on offense, it's epic.

Crakatak187 said:
It's decent to me atm because I didn't get a chance to play it a lot yet. I felt the same way towards laguna Presa when it first came out.

Attackers really have to work to get the M-COMs. Very defender oriented map which is much needed.
work? you can shoot B from your spawn, among other locations! A you can hit from all over the construction building and the right side, not to mention you can C4 both crates from any floor of the warehouse.

Calion

recklessmind said:

The only reason I played White Pass is to get Destruction 2.0 kills, which is about the only thing that map is good for. :lol

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Please don't show me how faceless. I want my Atacama Desert experience to be virgin.

You mean White Pass, surely? There is no way you couldn't have played Atacama Desert a few times, esp. since you were in a few games with me in them and not notice the map is hard to do for Attackers unless you crate bash.

I think I played it a total of 10-12 times. I have not really have a general effective tactic to attack certain bases. Other maps I do but not Atacama yet.

I'm not really as effective as I like to be on the map, there are things I'm still learning.

TheSeks

Man, my aim with any sniper besides the GOL SNIPER MAGNUM is crazy off. M95 I kept missing/mis-judging the time for the bullet to travel. Doesn't help I was doing it on Arica Conquest where the enemy capped all flags.

At least killing a dude rejoining Faceless on Nelson Bay (ugh, still can't see anything. Please turn down the HDR + give me brightness options for HDR/Bloom, DICE, PLEASE) turned it Silver. Should start to Gold Star everything that isn't the GOL and then go back to GOL and never leave it. Love that rifle.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheSeks said:
Man, my aim with any sniper besides the GOL SNIPER MAGNUM is crazy off. M95 I kept missing/mis-judging the time for the bullet to travel. Doesn't help I was doing it on Arica Conquest where the enemy capped all flags.

At least killing a dude rejoining Faceless on Nelson Bay (ugh, still can't see anything. Please turn down the HDR + give me brightness options for HDR/Bloom, DICE, PLEASE) turned it Silver. Should start to Gold Star everything that isn't the GOL and then go back to GOL and never leave it. Love that rifle.
Agreed. Love the GOL. :D

work? you can shoot B from your spawn, among other locations! A you can hit from all over the construction building and the right side, not to mention you can C4 both crates from any floor of the warehouse.
You're referring to White Pass aren't you? I think crak meant Atacama when he said attackers really have to work to get the M-COMs.

I really enjoy Atacama in rush, especially as a defender at the first set. I love stealing a Cobra and going all Mad Max on the attackers arses as they leave their spawn on quads, I've had some epic chases going back towards the M-COMs: sand spraying off tyres, vehicles flying off sand dunes, heavy MG bullets whizzing through the air... the sort of stuff that no other FPS game can offer.

When I first tried out a sniper I kept taking any shot I can find, then I realized the trick is only to take the right shots. I know it sounds like stupid advice and common sense but I kept saying it to myself and eventually I beasted with it. Until I leveled it up and moved on that is :D

hylje

So, I've started playing again on PC after quitting in late april. Been loving lot of the changes that I've seen and most of all the performance is amazingly better now for me using ATI card.
And this happened accidentally. I disabled my other screen and played on one screen only. Frames got boosted 30-40% at the best.

Sadly though, people are still dicks and don't know that there is no I in TEAM.

Dabanton

OldJadedGamer said:
In hardcore I give you one get out of jail free card for killing me. Two and you get bad feedback. I play as a medic most times cause if I accidentally kill someone in hardcore (it happens when they spook me) then I'll just bring them back from the dead myself.

What's weird is i played again last night and it does show where your teammates are on the UAV. I don't know why it didn't when i played that match earlier in the day.

TheSeks

-Pyromaniac- said:
When I first tried out a sniper I kept taking any shot I can find, then I realized the trick is only to take the right shots. I know it sounds like stupid advice and common sense but I kept saying it to myself and eventually I beasted with it. Until I leveled it up and moved on that is :D

Well, no shit. But my issue is hitting moving targets that are a threat.

I'll spot anyone before firing on them to make sure my team knows they're there. If they aren't fired on (or if they're a priority, see other sniper that hasn't seen me yet/stationary AT), I'll take the shot.

I generally don't play sniper, as 80% of the team seems to want to do that, and I rather be up close and personal. But when I do, I rather just stick to the GOL. It travels pretty quick, the sights are okay (doesn't obstruct my view and is basic as older FPS' sniper rifle aiming was).

M95 isn't a bad gun, but even with Magnum Ammo (yes, hypocrite, like I said before: Sniper/Assault doesn't have a decent Slot-2 to use besides an accuracy buff and auto-spot which are both blech), it isn't very powerful for body shots past mid-range for the gun. GOL seems to one-shot from a much further distance. Or maybe it's just a placebo effect. I had a few "under pressure" shots that I feel would one-hit but didn't giving the person a chance to get into cover and their team to kill me.

Top Bottom