• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
X-Frame said:
EDIT: Apparently it's a "douche move" to plaster C4 on crates that've already been armed by teammates and blow it up before they get the points. Lol. I can see where I'd be pissed, but I figured the quicker we complete the objective the better. And they still get the arming points .. am I still a douche?
Protip: it's 250 points to destroy an objective. It's 30 to arm it. They're risking their neck to get up close to the objective and then cover it as long as they can manage for their 250 points. You'd just be cockblocking them with what's already considered kind of a dick move.

PC's out of commission. I'm praying I'll have it back up and running by the end of the week :(

X-Frame

doomed1 said:
Protip: it's 250 points to destroy an objective. It's 30 to arm it. They're risking their neck to get up close to the objective and then cover it as long as they can manage for their 250 points. You'd just be cockblocking them with what's already considered kind of a dick move.

Understandable - but what if it's say below 25% health and this dude just armed it and I'm right next to him with 6 bars of C4 and could blow it up right there instead of risking the other team tanking/nading/n00b-tubing us and then they disarm it and we lose? Lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fucking Karma for kicking ass two hours ago.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE...

OH YOU KNIVED ME? SPRAY IN YOUR FACE AND HUMP YOUR KILLCAM LIKE IT'S ALL SKILL LOLZ

*imad.jpg*

Back to UT3 I go.

doomed1 said:

PC's out of commission. I'm praying I'll have it back up and running by the end of the week :(
if i'm playing with people on my friends list, i'll usually put on enough C4 for it to stay alive (well, if we have low tickets, all bets are off). with randoms, i just blow that shit up.

the real question is "what's up with people arming crates you're putting C4 on?"

oh man, Seks, in the last game i played, i knifed a guy THAT WAS STANDING STILL and it went right thru him.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
oh man, Seks, in the last game i played, i knifed a guy THAT WAS STANDING STILL and it went right thru him.

I knived the dude, feel the vibration confirmation of a stick and nada. LOL ASSAULT RIFLE TO THE FACE and hump the killcam.

That was my rage moment. But the constant dying/spawn/dying/spawn while trying to get my barings wasn't helpful either.

Which is hilarious as I went like literally 16-0 as a Medic before I quit the game to watch Top Gear like two hours ago. Which pissed me off further. :|

TUSR

Banned
TheSeks said:
I knived the dude, feel the vibration confirmation of a stick and nada. LOL ASSAULT RIFLE TO THE FACE and hump the killcam.

That was my rage moment. But the constant dying/spawn/dying/spawn while trying to get my barings wasn't helpful either.

Which is hilarious as I went like literally 16-0 as a Medic before I quit the game to watch Top Gear like two hours ago. Which pissed me off further. :|
one time i got points for a knife, he turned around and shot me in the face and killed me.

Marvie_3 said:
Finally got another D2.0 kill. At this rate, the last 2 are going to take until October to get. :lol
Just play some White Pass, load up on c4 and start being a 1 man demo crew. You should have those 2 2.0 kills in no time.

the secret is don't try so hard.

So not trying at all should net me even more than you have, but I have MAYBE 2 Destruction 2.0 kills since release. I don't even care about the achievement any more :lol

TheSeks

Marvie_3 said:
I really don't. I think that's why I don't get them. I mortar buildings occasionally but everyone gets out in time. :lol

Your problem is mortaring buildings. While it does collapse them, it's slow in the process.

Use rockets and a tank, or hell get in close and trap it with C4.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheSeks said:
Your problem is mortaring buildings. While it does collapse them, it's slow in the process.

Use rockets and a tank, or hell get in close and trap it with C4.
I don't do it just for D2.0 kills. Usually I'm trying to hit a sniper or scare some people out of the building.

TheSeks

Marvie_3 said:
I don't do it just for D2.0 kills.

Then you're going to take forever.

Getting in the mind set of "I'm destroying every goddamn building that is collapsible if it's the last goddamn thing I do" will speed up the process AND give you the two kills you're looking for.

It shouldn't take you more than an afternoon playing White Pass (AND ONLY WHITE PASS, or Arica) Conquest.

the real question is "what's up with people arming crates you're putting C4 on?"
I'm often guilty of that. Unless we're getting our arses handed to us I never even consider C4'ing objectives so I usually just run in and arm... a moment later I realise somebody is halfway through putting their C4 on it. I've seen too many randoms crouch next to crates without arming/disarming though so I don't bother to check what they're doing, I just arm the damn thing.

I'd still like to see no C4/AT Mine damage to the crate except from the defending team, but with Destruction 2.0 and rocket/vehicle weapons still allowed. The best moments in BFBC2 are around armed M-Coms when there are friends and foes firing in all directions :D

endlessflood said:
I'm often guilty of that. Unless we're getting our arses handed to us I never even consider C4'ing objectives so I usually just run in and arm... a moment later I realise somebody is halfway through putting their C4 on it. I've seen too many randoms crouch next to crates without arming/disarming though so I don't bother to check what they're doing, I just arm the damn thing.

I'd still like to see no C4/AT Mine damage to the crate except from the defending team, but with Destruction 2.0 and rocket/vehicle weapons still allowed. The best moments in BFBC2 are around armed M-Coms when there are friends and foes firing in all directions :D
it depends on my mood. if i'm in a good mood, i won't C4, if i'm in a great mood, i'll be running with a smoke launcher. if my team turns into 8 wookies or someone on other team uses C4 or some lamer teabags me in the killcam, i am no longer in a good mood.

So I stabbed this dude the other night and noticed i got some gold tags by it but didn't really take a notice to his name.

:rofl:

5a9c0196.jpg

Sent him a message saying "Knives do"

Owzers

*joins team with 2 snipers in nelson bay, team deathmatch*

*plays an assault class and leaves ammo next to one*

*watches as neither one feels like using a sensor*

*gets killed then quits*

Come on snipers, use sensors, especially in nelson bay where it's hard to see people!

sillymonkey321 said:
*joins team with 2 snipers in nelson bay, team deathmatch*

*plays an assault class and leaves ammo next to one*

*watches as neither one feels like using a sensor*

*gets killed then quits*

Come on snipers, use sensors, especially in nelson bay where it's hard to see people!

I'm getting my shotgun and mortar kill insignia's right now and I am constantly throwing out sensors. I'm always running out of my original 3 that I spawn with and I'm stunned how other recons never use them. They are insanely helpful especially in hardcore mode.

TheSeks

Ogs said:
War never changes.

They were no heros. Never was. They were just old wookies hired to do some shitty sniping work?

WAR HAS CHANGED

Hey guys, again, I'm looking for people to play this with on 360. My gamertag is:

BENJO KAZ00IE (two zeroes in Kaz00ie, not the letter O)

I'm not all that great, but I mostly play support roles anyway, like recon spotters, or a medic.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Played a few awesome matches with Faceless, can't believe no one would stay defending that last objective. Seems like it would get armed and disarmed in a matter of seconds.

Today was pretty boring in my squad. To many enemy rage quitters. I love the Arica Harbor matches especially the UAV C4 one. I kept coming up to spawn camp them and I got teabagged in the process.

So a contact I made with a guy at EA at E3 is paying off and I'm getting the Ultimate version of the PS3 for dirt cheap so I'll be playing some matches with you guys soon. I'm 5 hours away from my 5 day insignia so I want to get that first.

Cool, some days there are so many GAF members on that it sucks when we make the other team rage quit because we can't fit everybody in another server so we have to split.

You'll probably end up playing with olimpia since he plays conquest a lot. Hardly any of us play hardcore btw.

Do any of you guys remember the great Hitler downfall parody vid that was made for the BFBC2 Demo? It was taken down after that first wave of constantin film requests but nobody has uploaded it again and I'm trying to find it.

Any ideas?

vitaminwateryum said:
Played a few awesome matches with Faceless, can't believe no one would stay defending that last objective. Seems like it would get armed and disarmed in a matter of seconds.
some of the people on both teams were doing some ... head scratching stuff ... i was mainly trying to get 40MM Shotgun kills so i can get it gold starred.

Crakatak187 said:
Today was pretty boring in my squad. To many enemy rage quitters. I love the Arica Harbor matches especially the UAV C4 one. I kept coming up to spawn camp them and I got teabagged in the process.
i joined on Port Valdez and was like "it's 11 on 4? GAF Squad must have been steamrolling again"

We had like 2-3 games in a row where we had the enemy team rage quit afterward and all of them we just joined for a single game.

The funny game is the one where the opposing team was UAV C4ing. One of us got a hatemail right at the start. I think the opposing team got us mixed up because the other squad was probably the one that pissed them off. I went up their spawn to see 4 guys at the UAV station, killed 2 and got killed and teabagged. It was hilarious to me because 1 second later was he was teabagging he got killed.

They rage quit on Port Valdez the one you joined I think.

X-Frame

Question: If I put down 6 AT mines while I was using the increased damage spec .. and then I switched classes with other specs .. what happens to my AT mines?

Do they retain the increased damage while they're still on the field?

playing Squad Rush with some of endlessflood's peeps.

Knife/Defib/Repair Tool/Smoke Launcher only

and Knife/Defib/Repair Tool only after realizing the Smoke Grenade is almost as good as a real gun.

HI-LAR-IOUS

X-Frame said:
Question: If I put down 6 AT mines while I was using the increased damage spec .. and then I switched classes with other specs .. what happens to my AT mines?

Do they retain the increased damage while they're still on the field?
i remember a DICE rep responding to this on the EA forums. damage is calculated at the time of impact, so no.

Got my Ultimate Edition today and played a round. Gotta get used to firing from the shoulder buttons and not the triggers. That really threw me off and the thumb sticks are pretty spongie making running while turning a little weird but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Add me on PSN if you want "OldAndJaded" is my username. Here are a few pics of the packaging:

P1000474.jpg

P1000475.jpg

P1000476.jpg

Hey guys, I got a friend request from a GAF Battlefield 2 account (360), but it hasn't been online since. Do you guys often use it to arrange games?

Also, what's the deal with that Ultimate Edition/Vietnam version? Wikipedia says it's an expansion pack. Do you need to own the original game? Or do you basically have to buy the game again to get that extra content (like Super Street Fighter IV)? Also, is it coming to 360? If so, when?

I'm interested, if only because it will get more people playing again.

Top Bottom