• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Holy crap, I just played my first full game on PS3 and I will HAVE to get used to the buttons being reversed. Faceless, not sure how you do it but I couldn't C4 a tank to save my life tonight. I went 11-4 as a Recon of all things but I'm sure it's because I was rank 0 that so many people were easy to headshot.

All in all, outside of the controller it's the same experience and I applaud DICE on a great multiplatform game getting them to look identical.

No_Style

PS3 players: Is it just me or is there a bit of lag lately? I've been getting some strange hit detection issues resulting in people not dying or dying after way too many bullets.

I been noticing it for a long while. Mainly things not registering. Yesterday I killed a guy and over a whole second after he dropped dead his grenade landed on my feet and there was no way he threw it because I was staring at him 3 feet away the whole time. My grenades disappear every time I die before the grenade touch the ground, but this was not the case.

Also tons of shots not registering.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, seems it's time to fuck the hitboxes to fix the lag again.

SMH DICE. :/

Think I'm going to get to 50 and go back to BC1. Seems less laggy there, besides the bullshit random damage per bullet ratio.

OldJadedGamer said:
Holy crap, I just played my first full game on PS3 and I will HAVE to get used to the buttons being reversed. Faceless, not sure how you do it but I couldn't C4 a tank to save my life tonight. I went 11-4 as a Recon of all things but I'm sure it's because I was rank 0 that so many people were easy to headshot.

All in all, outside of the controller it's the same experience and I applaud DICE on a great multiplatform game getting them to look identical.
well, i also played BC1 and 1943 on both, and complained alot too. nowadays, it's pure muscle memory based on the controller.

No_Style said:
PS3 players: Is it just me or is there a bit of lag lately? I've been getting some strange hit detection issues resulting in people not dying or dying after way too many bullets.
oh yeah, it's been crazy lately. i've emptied a full clip of a G3 into the back of someone and they didn't die, and i had to knife a guy on the UAV station THREE TIMES before he actually died. and it hasn't been rubber banding, just bad/no hit registration.

olimpia84

No_Style said:

Hit detection is horrible, specially in Arica Conquest for some reason. Last night I finished with a 0.5 K/D ratio in that round we played.

No_Style

Yeah, it wasn't just Arica for me. All maps.

Found this on the blog. It sounds like a PC problem, but I'm not sure:

A lot of players are experiencing heavy lag after Map Pack 6. Why is that?

Map Pack 6’s release coincided with an increase in player use of an exploit with the chat system which caused players on the server to lag. We have implemented chat limits to prevent this from happening and play should have returned to normal. Please report any ongoing lag problems to us on the forums.

Nabs

that specific problem is pc only. people would spam the chat box and really ruin the game for everyone else. it happened in a game i was in once, and caused me to drop 40fps or more.

TheSeks

abuC said:
What's your PSN?

I was in the game you and Fersis were in. I got annoyed by the tank chokehold + helicopter base rape so I left it.

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
I'm getting to the point where I don't want to play maps with helicopters on them.

It's not so bad. I took out the Apache when it climbed the first time (suicided it so I didn't get the kill, bastards). Second time they took the anti-air vehicle out and then proceeded to fly around in circles base raping us. That was the annoying part for me.

abuC

TheSeks said:
I was in the game you and Fersis were in. I got annoyed by the tank chokehold + helicopter base rape so I left it.

I don't remember your name, unfortunately some of my friends joined the game so it didn't go so well, I had to squad up with them and show them the ropes since they just started playing.

I lost more games with them today than I have in a week.

Yup I'm definitely not playing tonight. Turned on the PS3 and went on BFBC2 and it went overdrive speed already thanks to the temperature and humidity here.

abuC

Hit detection sucks, I saw Facless stab some sniper in the back, and it didn't even register, he had to shoot him to kill him.

I use the shotgun attachment alot now with assault, and sometimes I'll see blood fly off the people that I hit, and they just keep on truckin & kill me with 100% health on their end.

So many hit detection problems that I'm pretty desperate for patch info. I want to know what will be fixed and when. At the rate Dice patches things I expect it to be next month.

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally got my D2.0 kills. :D

Now I just need to finish Valparaiso Onslaught on Hardcore and I'll have every achievement in the game. :D

Holy dog shit... I just played some maps on hardcore Rush just to get my time served so I can get my 5 days insignia and OMFG it is a sniper fest. Way to ruin the game 100%. Now I know what you guys are complaining about.

FYI, if you want to play hardcore... please just pick Conquest. I promise you you'll have a way better time. Rush is pretty much ruined. :(

edit: sending out FR for PSN when I start playing in a few days. I've check people's public profiles who post here and a lot of folks don't have their PSN listed so either add me or send me a FR. I'm "OldAndJaded"

Dabanton

I find Rush can be hit or miss.

I really don't understand what joy you can get being a Sniper for the whole game and then you just sit in the spawn when you're an attacker and even then their not actually do your job (i.e spot and take out any enemies you see trying to flank us) then you glance at the scoreboard after the match and all the snipers in the team are all at the bottom. :lol

olimpia84

Last night I went back to playing Medic for a few rounds (it was the first class I fully completed when I got the game and then switched to Engineer since then).

PKM LMG = best weapon in the game

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
That worked but I'm still only Veteran status 1. I created a Battlefield Heroes account. Does that not work anymore? I have a buddy with the PS3 version of BC1 so I'll borrow that from him and play a game online if not.

It takes a week or two. Esp. if you aren't linked XBL/PSN/EA.

TheSeks said:
It takes a week or two. Esp. if you aren't linked XBL/PSN/EA.

I played a round of 1943 on PSN last night and it's already registered though.

Marvie_3 said:
Same here. They're so fuckin overpowered.

I think the big issue is that they spawn way too fast. I'll take down one heli then 10 seconds later there is another and I spend the majority of my time taking them down rather than playing the game and capturing flags.

Marvie_3

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
I'm getting to the point where I don't want to play maps with helicopters on them.
Same here. They're so fuckin overpowered.

I really hate shotguns too. I can't wait to get that stupid insignia so I never have to use them again.

TheSeks

Played a round with Faceless. Dunno WTF his team was doing. They suck shit at defending.

I miss GAF's nightly group of enemy team steamlolling. :( Would help me get to 50 faster, as well. *cough*

Nearly level 40... hoorah. Then, I have to deal with 50 clantards 24/7...

abuC

TheSeks said:
Played a round with Faceless. Dunno WTF his team was doing. They suck shit at defending.

I miss GAF's nightly group of enemy team steamlolling. :( Would help me get to 50 faster, as well. *cough*

Nearly level 40... hoorah. Then, I have to deal with 50 clantards 24/7...

Sometimes steamrolling teams gets boring.

TheSeks

abuC said:

Steamlolling teams never gets boring when you have a team that is in sync.

Plus there were times where GAF nearly had their ass handed to them only to turn it around at the last few seconds (like that one Atacama Conquest double-helicopter fuck game).

abuC

TheSeks said:
Steamlolling teams never gets boring when you have a team that is in sync.

Plus there were times where GAF nearly had their ass handed to them only to turn it around at the last few seconds (like that one Atacama Conquest double-helicopter fuck game).

It gets boring to me, I prefer playing evenly matched teams, where even if you are in sync it's a struggle. The guys I usually play with, it results in steam rolling, every once in awhile we play a good opposing team, mostly full of 50 ranked vets and clans.

So got my buddies version of BC1 and played a quick game to get my PS3 veteran status and my unlocks. Now I can play as a medic and rack up the points getting my secondary guns. Still miss having my mortar though.

abuC said:
It gets boring to me, I prefer playing evenly matched teams, where even if you are in sync it's a struggle. The guys I usually play with, it results in steam rolling, every once in awhile we play a good opposing team, mostly full of 50 ranked vets and clans.

Yeah, my favorite games are ones that are dead even. My favorite tends to be Nelson Bay on Conquest cause it always seems like one team has two bases and the other team has two bases and then they rotate around and it's a big fight to get a new one.

If I play a game were we hold all the bases for too long of a period, I'll just drop cause it's no fun and boring.

I hate playing against clans myself. All of them are so damn predictable and cheap as fuck.
Even if we win I still hate playing with those bastards. When defending they suck shit with a straw, when attacking it's annoying.

abuC

Crakatak187 said:
I hate playing against clans myself. All of them are so damn predictable and cheap as fuck.
Even if we win I still hate playing with those bastards. When defending they suck shit with a straw, when attacking it's annoying.

You want to see annoying, play against Otomo-Ahiru, by far the best and most aggressive sniper I have ever played against. He basically uses the recon class as an assault class, but keeps the M24 scoped, you run up on him and he quick scopes like a demi god. The only person I played against better in my opinion is "WhiteyBulger"....who is easily the best BC2 player on PS3.

Why do I play hardcore so much... hmmmm, let's see. My regular mode killers heath tonight was 4%, 3%, 8%, 2%. WTF. These same guys would have been dead in HC mode. It really pisses me off when I know I lost a kill because of regular mode :(

OldJadedGamer said:
Why do I play hardcore so much... hmmmm, let's see. My regular mode killers heath tonight was 4%, 3%, 8%, 2%. WTF. These same guys would have been dead in HC mode. It really pisses me off when I know I lost a kill because of regular mode :(
but they would have just killed you faster...

abuC said:
not really. that's when i start experimenting and doing ridiculous things.

OldJadedGamer said:
I thought about this but my K/D ratio is always higher when playing hardcore compared to regular mode.
mine is too. mainly because i camp more and there's no killcam crutch for my opponents. still don't like it as much...

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
I thought about this but my K/D ratio is always higher when playing hardcore compared to regular mode.

Pulling the KDR card out doesn't make you any more or less skilled in normal/softcore mode than it does in hardcore/sniper circlejerk mode. Just means you died less in a round with damage up than you did in a round with normal damage.

AKA: You're more careful in hardcore than you were in softcore and you're QQing because you think you should be able to steamroll in both modes. Sorry, but that doesn't magically happen.

Top Bottom