• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

The Faceless Master said:
mine is too. mainly because i camp more and there's no killcam crutch for my opponents. still don't like it as much...

My playstyle is the exact same in both modes (or I think it is). But maybe that's a point where I'm more aggressive in HC where as others are taking a more passive approach so I can run them more where as players are more aggressive in regular mode cause they know they don't have as much to lose if caught off guard.

I'm posting this cause I'm trying to wean myself off HC mode cause I want to start playing Rush again and Rush is broken in HC because of the snipers. Oh, and how much I miss spotting.

bwtw

Neo Member
Just got this and am terrible.

Playing mostly as the Recon online atm, have read the OP but have a few newbie questions:

- When I've spotted an enemy should I attempt to shoot them if they're moving? Does shooting make me appear on the radar or is there no real risk (beyond the noise)?
- As soon as I spawn I tend to just spam sensor mines around...should I be using them more strategically (I'm thinking yes...)
- Should I be constantly moving or staying in a 'good spot'?

Nameless

Oh my. The Remington w/ the 12-gauge & magnum round upgrades is a destroyer of worlds. I was looking for a weapons change since everyone seems to have flocked to my beloved M60 in BCBF2, damn did I find one.

bwtw said:
Just got this and am terrible.

Playing mostly as the Recon online atm, have read the OP but have a few newbie questions:

- When I've spotted an enemy should I attempt to shoot them if they're moving? Does shooting make me appear on the radar or is there no real risk (beyond the noise)?
- As soon as I spawn I tend to just spam sensor mines around...should I be using them more strategically (I'm thinking yes...)

- If you're confident , yes, probably is better just spot the soliders that move and take care of other snipers and static objectives, like enemies on turrets, etc..., risk? not real risk.

- Is better use them strategically, for example, if your squad is gonna take a mcom, throw a sensor mine in the area.

- Constantly moving is better, there's killcam, and normally the first thing someone you do killed is going after you.You should learn a few spots and alternate between them.

Good rounds last nite with the PS3 crew. One thing I am noticing more is this john woo jump in the air and shoot you shit. I guess that is the console's version of dolphin diving. I finally got my bronze patch for all weapons. Next, golding the weapons. I think I may go back to medic in conquest round after the initial stint. Im noticing enemies reviving a whole lot after you gun down their team and its starting to come into play when the game is close.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
:lol Dear Enemy Team,

Thanks for sitting still, wankers.

Signed,

SNIPERISN'TCREDITTOTHETEAM TF2 in BC2 snipah.

TheSeks (Headshot) <Default Sniper> EnemyOnLadderGoingToMachineGunInNelsonBay

Oh man, that was a sweet shot. And saving Dreamgazers ass by spotting an enemy for him to VSS in the face as he's in enemy territory.

If I'm playing sniper, you better be watching your faces from being rocked at 12x scope and from the backlines as a support role. :lol

And Faceless and I rolling C4 Jihad on crates, I think the enemy was "WTF!?" at times. They did dig into Ilsa Innocentes but Faceless takes the tank (I haul ass after him) into enemy territory, Dream spawns as I tried to get into gunner. Saved Faceless' ass from being C4'ed right in the behind (literally the tank's behind) with a UMP spray, repair a little, get in. Get out as the tank is destroyed, rush at A with the AT4 going "FUCK IT DAMAGE IT ONCE" damage it, die and somehow our team hits it one last time to win the game.

PeterMooreSoAwesome.jpg

Edit:

SnipingNewbie said:

1) Only if you have the shot gauged/travel distance and drop calculated quickly or want to damage them (if not going for the head) so your teammates can take them out. It's better to err on the side of taking a shot (if you have ammo reload) than it is to let them get away. You don't show up on radar making noise (at least you didn't use to, dunno about now?) unlike CoD so you're mostly safe except for the Killcam.

2) Yes. One on spawn to make sure someone isn't near your area. One for advancing (if you aren't staying in the back like 90% of snipers) any thing else near enemy territory (throwing one at the crates/flags is generally a good idea before going in). "Spamming" them is a good idea, but don't "spam" them if you don't have an assault around and you can only have one out at a time anyway.

3) Your choice. If no one is firing back at you, you can mostly stay in a place, it's generally how I am when I snipe. The smarter move is to move, but frankly that has risk of meeting an enemy (unless you're in your teams base, in which case alert your team to someone trying to base camp) is much greater on the move than it is sitting in a spot if no one has fired on you yet.

Every single person I play with is terrible, Im not lieing one bit. Theyre all hovering around a .50 K/D ration, some havent even unlocked every class specific item yet and many of them still refuse to drive/fly anything in the game. Sometimes I quit game and turn my PS3 off out of pure frustration.

If anyone needs a semi-good PS3 player, send me a friends request. I really need some good squad mates.

This is how Im coming along, all I really need is 40ish Headshots for the 100 sniper headshots, i need to broze the boat vehicles and I also need 5 more Des. 2.0 kills.

TheSeks

Dear Faceless:

Please stop dicking around with the Bradley in Laguna Alta Conquest trying to climb attacking start hill when we are attacking bases and haven't spawn trapped the enemy. Thank you.

Dear Faceless, Dream, Renderman:

Please... PLEASE... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, if I mark a place as DEFEND and you're in spawn and I'm the only green arrow there: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SPAWN ON ME PLEASE I COULD USE THE FREAKING EXTRA PERSON TO CAPTURE THE FLAG FROM A STALEMATE + DEFEND THE FLAGS NEAR OUR BASE SO WE DON'T GET TRAPPED.

Yes, we had three bases, yes that's nice. But if they take C on Nelson Bay and we're on that side, we need to REGET IT.

However, good work getting B back when we were on that side and they took it going for A.

Signed,

An exasperated "JESUS WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING FACELESS!? SPAWN AND STOP DICKING AROUND ARRRRRRGH" me. :lol

Seriously, though. If I mark a flag as DEFEND and it's blinking and it's OURS: I could use the help getting it back. Screw the one last flag they have. A person is in our base, the idiot public people will deal with them. Turn tail and run back to me. >_<

That doesn't mean: LOL MARK THE ATTACKING FLAG AS ATTACK AGAIN. I know you want the points for the command, but it's helpful for me to know SOMEONE is coming to at least help me so I don't feel so helpless sitting in a corner with someone above me and they're the only person there trying to take our flag.

ARGH.

That said: I had fun until we started to lose White Pass. I really wish the "defend our spawning side flag + middle flag" was drilled into peoples heads so the majority of our team didn't go toward their flag and thus leave the gate open for them to get the flags.

Oy.

And a utter bullshit moment with the knife today: Right near a person, damn near sticking them.

SomedudeSeksisnear <AN-94 ACKBAN> ADumbFoundedSeks

"WTF, that's bullshit."

Stupid "knife pull and stab" animation. Just give me a "slash" attack, DICE. :|

TheSeks said:
Dear Faceless:

Please stop dicking around with the Bradley in Laguna Alta Conquest trying to climb attacking start hill when we are attacking bases and haven't spawn trapped the enemy. Thank you.

Please... PLEASE... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, if I mark a place as DEFEND and you're in spawn and I'm the only green arrow there: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SPAWN ON ME PLEASE I COULD USE THE FREAKING EXTRA PERSON TO CAPTURE THE FLAG FROM A STALEMATE + DEFEND THE FLAGS NEAR OUR BASE SO WE DON'T GET TRAPPED.

Yes, we had three bases, yes that's nice. But if they take C on Nelson Bay and we're on that side, we need to REGET IT.

However, good work getting B back when we were on that side and they took it going for A.

Signed,

An exasperated "JESUS WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING FACELESS!? SPAWN AND STOP DICKING AROUND ARRRRRRGH" me. :lol

Seriously, though. If I mark a flag as DEFEND and it's blinking and it's OURS: I could use the help getting it back. Screw the one last flag they have. A person is in our base, the idiot public people will deal with them. Turn tail and run back to me. >_<

That doesn't mean: LOL MARK THE ATTACKING FLAG AS ATTACK AGAIN. I know you want the points for the command, but it's helpful for me to know SOMEONE is coming to at least help me so I don't feel so helpless sitting in a corner with someone above me and they're the only person there trying to take our flag.

ARGH.

That said: I had fun until we started to lose White Pass. I really wish the "defend our spawning side flag + middle flag" was drilled into peoples heads so the majority of our team didn't go toward their flag and thus leave the gate open for them to get the flags.

Oy.

And a utter bullshit moment with the knife today: Right near a person, damn near sticking them.

"WTF, that's bullshit."

Heya, sorry. I'll be more aware of what's going on. I didnt know we can see the command orders during spawn on the map. I'll keep an eye out for that.

Nameless said:
Oh my. The Remington w/ the 12-gauge & magnum round upgrades is a destroyer of worlds. I was looking for a weapons change since everyone seems to have flocked to my beloved M60 in BCBF2, damn did I find one.
When you say 12-gauge you mean slugs as opposed to buckshot, correct? Here's a pretty awesome vid by norm360 showing 870 + slugs in use in hardcore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6p91ZMr47I&hd=1

Definitely a destroyer of worlds in his hands.

TheSeks said:
and somehow our team hits it one last time to win the game
i loved that part, i hit it on the first shot and it blew up! i thought i'd need 2 or 3 shots!

TheSeks said:
Dear Faceless:

practice makes perfect! and our opponents those two games were as tough as a wet paper bag!

i actually like i when the other team has just C on Nelson Bay. that way i can get up on the hill and pick them off.

sometimes i'll wait to spawn if a base looks like it's being capped and i'd prefer to spawn there instead of elsewhere.

ARGH.
POIIIIINTS

yeah, on many maps, i totally don't mind just sitting on 2/3 flags and letting the other team come to us.

Oy.

"WTF, that's bullshit."

best moment tonight for me.
sneak up behind enemy medic.
KNIFE FAIL
SHOTGUN FAIL
REX KILLS ENEMY MEDIC AND ENGY THAT SPAWNED ON HIM!!!

How the heck do I broze a jetski, the boats hard enough just firing the blooper into a base but now I gotta get kills with a weaponless vehicle ??!!!

Also, do I need the M1 to get all pins/awards?

I got my last 43 Sniper headshots tonight so now Im 99% done all awards, just need those dang 5 Des. 2.0 kills too.

Ive decided to just play solo, my friends stink so much I get less stress from randoms. But like I said, if you need a BF vet send me a request. PSN: PKM
I'm really good at class/objective based shooters and such

Marvie_3

Banned
Pkm said:
How the heck do I broze a jetski, the boats hard enough just firing the blooper into a base but now I gotta get kills with a weaponless vehicle ??!!!

Also, do I need the M1 to get all pins/awards?

I got my last 43 Sniper headshots tonight so now Im 99% done all awards, just need those dang 5 Des. 2.0 kills too.

Ive decided to just play solo, my friends stink so much I get less stress from randoms. But like I said, if you need a BF vet send me a request. PSN: PKM
I'm really good at class/objective based shooters and such
The jetski and patrol boat kills all count towards the same medals. All the vehicle groups do that.

Pkm said:
Every single person I play with is terrible, Im not lieing one bit. Theyre all hovering around a .50 K/D ration, some havent even unlocked every class specific item yet and many of them still refuse to drive/fly anything in the game. Sometimes I quit game and turn my PS3 off out of pure frustration.

If anyone needs a semi-good PS3 player, send me a friends request. I really need some good squad mates.

This is how Im coming along, all I really need is 40ish Headshots for the 100 sniper headshots, i need to broze the boat vehicles and I also need 5 more Des. 2.0 kills.

[IG]http://g.bfbcs.com/22663/ps3_PKM.png[/IMG]
You should really add Olimpia or Dreamgazer or somebody who always play conquest. No point for me to add you though all I play mostly is rush.

Great games today until the final one, when I seen the whole entire other squad at a captured Alpha while our squad was the only one that was trying to capture.

X-Frame said:
How much of a difference does Hardcore make in that video?
I think it makes medium range bodyshots a one-hit kill (which they generally wouldn't be with slugs in normal mode). I notice norm gets quite a few medium range kills in that vid without getting headshots, and there are often a few of them in a row so it's probably not a case of the enemy already being damaged. I'm not sure though.

Crakatak187 said:
You should really add Olimpia or Dreamgazer or somebody who always play conquest. No point for me to add you though all I play mostly is rush.

Great games today until the final one, when I seen the whole entire other squad at a captured Alpha while our squad was the only one that was trying to capture.

Oh, I play everything now. I played SDM every night for like 2-3 months, then conquest, now Ive been playing only rush for the last month.
I try to play every mode a few times a week, mostly rush and conquest. Im really really burned out on SDM.

I am on every single night, honestly.
If anyone needs a PS3 friend for any game, seriously add me. I work 4pm-12am EST, there isnt a single thing to do after work. I play, and have played, some type of game on PSN every single night since at least Warhawk was released lol. I'm on from 1am-5am like clockwork and I pretty much own/buy everything for PS3.
Sat. nights my only iffy night since with my hours Sun. is family time.

Civ. 5 might be the only thing to lessen my time on PSN but with 100% assurance my night life is planned out for the next 6 months....BFBC2, MoH, COD:BO, MAG, BFBC2 Vietnam Exp., KZ3 etc....
Sounds lame but there isnt else much left to do when the world asleep when you get home from work.

Have anybody added you from GAF at all? If not I could add you and get you into some of our games so you can add those guys. I always see you wanting to play with GAF members and I seriously thought they would add you by now.

If nobody adds you add me PSN: Crakatak187
I'll get you started if there is a match with a couple of gaffers on it.

We practically add most gaffers we play with. Note that I always play squadless unless gaf members join my match or invite me and it's 100% rush. I don't trust randoms that's why.

I sometimes play 3-4 pm Pacific time central or 6-8pm. A lot of gaffers play around that time as well. I kind of want to have Fersis in our games more but conflicting time zone prevents that.

Edit: I'm always criticizing my teammates that is not in my squad. It's my form of bitching or I complain about hit detection.

Pkm said:
Oh, I play everything now. I played SDM every night for like 2-3 months, then conquest, now Ive been playing only rush for the last month.
I try to play every mode a few times a week, mostly rush and conquest. Im really really burned out on SDM.

I am on every single night, honestly.
If anyone needs a PS3 friend for any game, seriously add me. I work 4pm-12am EST, there isnt a single thing to do after work. I play, and have played, some type of game on PSN every single night since at least Warhawk was released lol. I'm on from 1am-5am like clockwork and I pretty much own/buy everything for PS3.
Sat. nights my only iffy night since with my hours Sun. is family time.

Civ. 5 might be the only thing to lessen my time on PSN but with 100% assurance my night life is planned out for the next 6 months....BFBC2, MoH, COD:BO, MAG, BFBC2 Vietnam Exp., KZ3 etc....
Sounds lame but there isnt else much left to do when the world asleep when you get home from work.
Are you on the west coast? If so I think that would put you smack bang in the middle of prime gaming time here in Australia (6pm - 10pm). I'm in a social PS3 clan and we have a lot of players online every night (especially during those later hours) and you're welcome to join up with us. Faceless is usually on during those hours as well.

endlessflood said:
When you say 12-gauge you mean slugs as opposed to buckshot, correct? Here's a pretty awesome vid by norm360 showing 870 + slugs in use in hardcore:

This is how I got the last 300 shotgun kills for my insignia. You can blast everyone from across the map and hardcore makes them one hit deaths. Only took like a couple days of playing for a few hours each time to rack up my last 300.

endlessflood said:

Wow, thats just insane! I gotta give tha a try lol

When I play HC tho its almost always snipers hiding tho, maybe its the game type that makes people actually use other classes.

I got my over 500 Shotty kills just playing basic SDM, almost all the gun requirements are insanely easy to get in SDM. I favor the USAS and 870, with the USAS I just put on Body armor then all you have to do is hold the button down and zig zag charge people, the 870 is good for insta kill 1 shots.

I'll add you PKM. I'll try to be on later tonight.

I've got back to playing this weekend since I'm free until Wednesday. 4 day labor day weekend, woot!

Was great playing with you guys last night.
Wish I could have been more productive but it seemed like everything was working against me at the house, kid was up late yapping, Mic was near dead, and my phone was ringing off the hook.

Would have been better to if I had one of you guys in the Hind with me. While my gunner had good intention, he focused all his shots on the tank while there was an easy 20-25 kills he could have got from foot troops.

somnific

The Faceless Master said:
http://g.bfbcs.com/22663/ps3_faceless360.png

http://g.bfbcs.com/22663/360_faceless360.png[/url]
congrats on your 2nd 50, man!

stats time!

360_saprophilous.png

Massa

OldJadedGamer said:
I got this and just an FYI that it doesn't included all downloads. Just Onslaught. SPECACT is not included.

Is the code for the PS3 Ultimate edition BLUS-30458? That's the code for the regular edition, I'm wondering if the disc is actually the same.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I have a hard time wanting to play when I log on and nobody is playing BFBC2. Oh well I'll play my PSP today then.

Seriously. I don't play if Faceless or someone else isn't on. It's just too damn frustrating playing with randoms. While I may get annoyed at some of the things GAF does, at least they're better than "DERP I'LL SPAWN AND THEN START FIRING LIKE AN IDIOT AND ALERT EVERYONE TO US! DERP" teammates.

Marvie_3 said:
Holy shit, man. You play a LOT of BC2.

Battlefield is the only game Faceless plays on BOTH consoles. So... :lol

Speaking of which, hit level 40 this weekend. Only ten more levels to go. *sigh* Leveling the weapons equally while helpful isn't as fast.

Edit:
Crack said:
>>Conquest<<

Dude, you seriously need to play that unless Faceless is playing Rush. It's where nearly everyone else is now a days. :lol

Massa said:
Is the code for the PS3 Ultimate edition BLUS-30458? That's the code for the regular edition, I'm wondering if the disc is actually the same.

Not sure what you are asking. I put pictures up of the Ultimate Edition a page or so back if you can get the info from those. I did buy it on launch day and had to download all the patches including the big one. I'm sure it's the same contents on the disc with new packaging and downloadable codes. The title screen doesn't say "Ultimate Edition" when powering up the game.

RaGe_pt

Hi gaf. I have a problem. I was playing yesterday with no problems, I'm level 16 with every weapon on assault and almost everything in the medic class and now I went online and I have nothing. I'm level 0 again and have no weapon on any class. Though when I go to see my world rank it still shows I'm level 16... What's the problem?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
RaGe_pt said:
Hi gaf. I have a problem. I was playing yesterday with no problems, I'm level 16 with every weapon on assault and almost everything in the medic class and now I went online and I have nothing. I'm level 0 again and have no weapon on any class. Though when I go to see my world rank it still shows I'm level 16... What's the problem?

I ran into the same issue just now. I have no unlocks except for my SA stuff and the M1. Everyone else playing seemed to be in the same boat on PSN.

RaGe_pt

Captain Pants said:
I ran into the same issue just now. I have no unlocks except for my SA stuff and the M1. Everyone else playing seemed to be in the same boat on PSN.

Must be their servers then...

TheSeks

You know what? If I was playing PC, I'd love the person that set up a Arica Rush/Conquest 24/7 server with maybe Panama Canal Conquest and White Pass Conquest on it.

Only flipping maps I need. :lol

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
You know what? If I was playing PC, I'd love the person that set up a Arica Rush/Conquest 24/7 server with maybe Panama Canal Conquest and White Pass Conquest on it.

Only flipping maps I need. :lol

Agreed, those two are the best levels in the game by far, imo.

Top Bottom