• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh man, that Laguna Presa Rush round was brutal in a horrible way.

They wouldn't spawn. It was like 12 vs 4 7 of which were GAF (that were there the previous round when most of the team ragequit on their side to where it was 2 vs 16).

I think I got the last kill of that defending round by emptying my M9 at a dude, not killing him switching to the M24 and headshotting him out of the boat he was using to try to harass A to push the round longer (we were on 5 or so tickets and they needed 1/3 of the crate blown).

petermooresoawesome.jpg

Also: AbuC should know who I am now. :lol

And double :lol :lol at Faceless rushing Port Valadez third set B. He has it set to attack for the squad and the vehicle is like 40%. I'm like "okay, we're rushing in and arming." Nope, his crazy ass grabs the helicopter just as it spawns. I arm B while looking going "well, fuck." Die, disarmed. I spawn on him and proceed to lay ownage on the enemy team for third set and fourth set.

24-4 KDR. :lol Only thing I hate is that chopper gunner doesn't have a full 360 view so Faceless is zooming past and I'm like "NO FUCK DAMN IT FUCK" and we nearly had a dude on the stationary AT swivel around and hit us until he pulls back in and I get him. Man that made my heart stop. :lol

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I can't believe most of you guys stayed after White Pass. I left after attacking :lol

Dude, we figured the server would fill back up. Nope, and they dragged it out for a good hour or so.

Attacking side? We cleared it within 15 minutes, they couldn't even spawn and if they did they just let us have it. :lol

White Pass was hilarious. They didn't even bother to attack so I was like "FUCK SITTING HERE PLAYING DEFENSE MEDIC!" run over to the mountain side and proceed to lay waste with a (NON MAGNUM AMMO ZOMG I SO PRO) Type 88 LMG :lol

I felt bad for them, but that's what happens if you don't push.

Also you missed my edit. Damn you. :(

Massa

OldJadedGamer said:
Not sure what you are asking. I put pictures up of the Ultimate Edition a page or so back if you can get the info from those. I did buy it on launch day and had to download all the patches including the big one. I'm sure it's the same contents on the disc with new packaging and downloadable codes. The title screen doesn't say "Ultimate Edition" when powering up the game.

Each PS3 game has a unique code, on US and Euro copies you can identify them here:

BC.jpg

The limited and regular editions have different codes as the disc contents are different. This means that if you have the patch for the LE on your PS3 you'll have to download it again if you try to launch the game with a regular edition disc (I know this from experience).

If the Ultimate and regular editions have the same code then the vouchers that come with Ultimate will definitely work on the regular version of the game, that's basically why I'm interested in this. :)

I was sitting behind the rock on the right side making sure they don't pass the road. Near the end of the round I finally got shot at.

Too much gaf members, a disastrous result of rage quitting :lol

Edit: So it was you guys that took the chopper. I was in the Bradley watching that area. I parked the Bradley to the left side of Bravo right after, shot the corner off and somebody armed it. I killed all the disarmers, they never had the chance with me still alive in the Bradley.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Too much gaf members, a disastrous result of rage quitting :lol

I think the only time GAF gets annoyed anymore is with helicopter assholes and level 50 clantards in said helicopters (and stealing ours since no one on GAF besides like Faceless will fly them).

Edit: So it was you guys that took the chopper. I was in the Bradley watching that area. I parked the Bradley to the left side of Bravo right after, shot the corner off and somebody armed it. I killed all the disarmers, they never had the chance with me still alive in the Bradley.

Yeah, that was Faceless. I arm, he's in the helicopter I think he was waiting for me, but got fired at and took off.

I'm like "well, dude, I wasn't going to make it anyway with you there. So good. *spawn*"

(Proceed to lay waste)

I can't really fly choppers that well. JM761 (UFRA) could fly very well, but he can only play on his days off. Maybe I should start practicing.

Massa said:
Each PS3 game has a unique code, on US and Euro copies you can identify them here:

BC.jpg

The limited and regular editions have different codes as the disc contents are different. This means that if you have the patch for the LE on your PS3 you'll have to download it again if you try to launch the game with a regular edition disc (I know this from experience).

If the Ultimate and regular editions have the same code then the vouchers that come with Ultimate will definitely work on the regular version of the game, that's basically why I'm interested in this. :)

Well, I double dipped so I don't have the LE of the PS3 version of BC2. I only have the Ultimate Edition on PS3 and that code is:

BLUS
30517GE

TheSeks said:
Oh man, that Laguna Presa Rush round was brutal in a horrible way.

They wouldn't spawn. It was like 12 vs 4 7 of which were GAF (that were there the previous round when most of the team ragequit on their side to where it was 2 vs 16).

I think I got the last kill of that defending round by emptying my M9 at a dude, not killing him switching to the M24 and headshotting him out of the boat he was using to try to harass A to push the round longer (we were on 5 or so tickets and they needed 1/3 of the crate blown).

petermooresoawesome.jpg

Also: AbuC should know who I am now. :lol

And double :lol :lol at Faceless rushing Port Valadez third set B. He has it set to attack for the squad and the vehicle is like 40%. I'm like "okay, we're rushing in and arming." Nope, his crazy ass grabs the helicopter just as it spawns. I arm B while looking going "well, fuck." Die, disarmed. I spawn on him and proceed to lay ownage on the enemy team for third set and fourth set.

24-4 KDR. :lol Only thing I hate is that chopper gunner doesn't have a full 360 view so Faceless is zooming past and I'm like "NO FUCK DAMN IT FUCK" and we nearly had a dude on the stationary AT swivel around and hit us until he pulls back in and I get him. Man that made my heart stop. :lol
:lol :lol :lol

yeah i timed the chopper spawn, that's why i waited a bit before gunning it down the road. it's even more awesome when i steal the attacker's Hind in the first section of Atacama Rush!

and boy, that white pass defense sure broke their spirits. i quit that Isla Inocentes game after i got a Nemesis pin on the one guy left, i hope he enjoyed the free win on an empty server after i was gone.

Massa said:
Definitely a new version, that's different than both the limited and regular editions. :(

Thanks for checking!

Here is what is weird. The title screen doesn't say that it's the Ultimate version but the copyright year in the bottom right hand corner is 2010 where as the LE of my 360 has the copyright year as 2009. Other than that, I can't tell *any* difference.

oh, and only 45 more minutes of playtime till I hit my 5 day insignia!!!

TheSeks said:
I think the only time GAF gets annoyed anymore is with helicopter assholes and level 50 clantards in said helicopters (and stealing ours since no one on GAF besides like Faceless will fly them).
this is all AJ and BrokenOath's fault for abandoning us! i still remember that one day in the demo when the AJ, Broken and I spent over an hour on an empty server flying the Apache and Blackhawk and doing all sorts of silly stuff like switching seats midair and bailing from one chopper to the other. totally boosted my flying skills before the game was even out!

Yeah, that was Faceless. I arm, he's in the helicopter I think he was waiting for me, but got fired at and took off.

I'm like "well, dude, I wasn't going to make it anyway with you there. So good. *spawn*"

(Proceed to lay waste)
:lol :lol :lol

wait on the enemy helipad? nah, i took off as soon as i hopped in... shot at some people going to disarm, but didn't kill them.

Crakatak187 said:
I can't really fly choppers that well. JM761 (UFRA) could fly very well, but he can only play on his days off. Maybe I should start practicing.
practice!!! flying can be fun!

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I'll start practicing on Atacama Rush. Nobody wants to fly a flying coffin anyways.

So you say until a level 50 clantard starts to circle strife and fuck your shit up to your annoyance.

Fucking helicopters, how do they balance!?

Faceless said:
wait on the enemy helipad? nah, i took off as soon as i hopped in... shot at some people going to disarm, but didn't kill them.

Yeah I'm like "WAIT, FACELESS I'M NOT THE-- OH SHIT MOVEMOVEMO-- Oh, okay you did (arm arm arm arm while this train of thought happens)"

"Well, guess I'll hold here and see if I di--"
(Death)
(Spawn on your Apache)

And I can fly, but I fly very poorly and I do TERRIBLE in the attack chopper unless I'm chopper gunner, so I really don't do it.

No I hate attack choppers, it's so damn unbalance. What I meant is the chopper on Atacama Rush is a death coffin because of VADs which makes a good map for me to practice.

I've been base raped so many times on Port Valdez Rush thanks to Circle strafers, it's fucking impossible to hit one with a rocket with them descending and ascending constantly and they always take out the Anti-Aircraft vehicle before you even have a chance or steal it into their base.

I wouldn't mind if Dice took attack choppers out, without a stationary Anti-Aircraft weaponry it's a clusterfuck.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
No I hate attack choppers, it's so damn unbalance. What I meant is the chopper on Atacama Rush is a death coffin because of VADs which makes a good map for me to practice.

I've been base raped so many times on Port Valdez Rush thanks to Circle strafers, it's fucking impossible to hit one with a rocket with them descending and ascending constantly and they always take out the Anti-Aircraft vehicle before you even have a chance or steal it into their base.

I wouldn't mind if Dice took attack choppers out, without a stationary Anti-Aircraft weaponry it's a clusterfuck.

VADS is fucking awesome, if they gave it to attackers on Port Valadez Rush (like they do on Conquest there) it'd be a stop to the apache rape.

But then Helicopter flyers would be nerfed even harder. It's hard enough to use the blackhawk when you can be mown down easy by machine guns, it'd be a deathtrap guaranteed with the VADS.

Of course, the VADS is also powerful enough to <D 2.0> a building if you spraysprayspray and aren't careful. I did a -100 Objective Destroyed with one.

But that's why you decide to take the VADS out first, but that is an issue with the HDR blinding you (WHY ISN'T THIS A SLIDER, SERIOUSLY!?) and the second VADS being pretty well hidden unless
you get on the boat/Objective B, but if the VADS sees you you're toast

I got nothing but love for VADs. It's practically needed in this game. Sure it might be a chopper whore's worst nightmare, but it's a savior to everybody else. It does what it suppose to do be Anti-Air.

I would love to see VADS in Port Valdez Rush. Shoot down those level 50 fuckers that just join that match to base rape and leave after the game switches the map.

TheSeks

Marvie_3 said:
I wish they'd take the UAV out as well. I hate that thing.

If you're being sarcastic, I'll reply seriously anyway: Nah man. UAV is easy to take out. UAV + C4 is the issue with it, but otherwise you can simply lay a mortar on the console and be done with it.

It's how I took care of a UAV in Laguna Presa Rush today in that brutal long match.

Crakatak187 said:
I got nothing but love for VADs. It's practically needed in this game. Sure it might be a chopper whore's worst nightmare, but it's a savior to everybody else. It does what it suppose to do be Anti-Air.

I saw /r/badcompany2 bitching about the VADS when Atacama Rush came out. I was like "WTF, it's sorely needed for circle strifing."

"ZOMG TOO POWERFUL"
"BUT IT'S A FUCKING GUN, THAT'S THE POINT OF IT!"
"ZOMG TOO POWERFUL!"
(gun in mouth, pull trigger)

Granted, it is a little powerful what fucking other anti-air options do you have? The one before the VADS came out is reasonable but SUCKS against strifing as you have to lead the volley.

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
I think it should be a comprise. It should only be able to spot and nothing else... well, still can road kill of course.

Dude, I'm not sure you know but it's flipping hard to hit things that are moving FAST with the UAV. A tank is possible to kill, sure, but that's easy. Taking out a helicopter with the UAV + Machine Guns is HARD, it's the only reasonable way to kill a circle strife until they learn you're there and will fire on the console blowing it/you up.

Same for the machine gun on infantry, it seems to take a while to kill the person.

If a person is good with the UAV (not hard, but like better than 50% of players are), don't knock/hate.

That said, Smoke Grenades don't seem useful with it and reload time seems to be a placebo effect. Using the UAV for me is V ALT all the time. If you could see where the smoke grenades launched/hit and they dissipitated after five minutes to let the UAV reload another volley of the three, I would use V SMOKE on the UAV more often to help the team push through lines. (and V ARMOR is neglectic since no one will land the UAV to let someone [IE: ME] repair it)

I don't know if I should be happy or sad that I finally unlocked this:

5days.jpg

TheSeks said:
If a person is good with the UAV (not hard, but like better than 50% of players are), don't knock/hate.

I'm really good with it... almost too good which is why I wrote that ;)

Ben2749 said:
Probably a stupid question, but when you fire a gun, does the enemy see you on the minimap?

No. The only time you will appear on the map, is if you are spotted by an enemy or you are in the zone of a Motion Sensor.

I'm not 100% sure that even if you are fired at, you show on the map.

Dabanton

MarkMclovin said:
Thats not hardcore as there is a HUD.

The sniping with the shotgun is ridiculous though. Gonna try that tonight.

I tried it out yesterday and it was quite frankly devastating. :lol cannot believe the reach of it. I was playing on Arica Harbour and was taking out guys from across the map.

But up close and personal it was hilarious as a defensive weapon it made sure that the third set of M-Coms remained in my teams hands.

olimpia84

Last night was fun, I got lots of kills with the Neostead2000 just waiting for people to come and arm/C4 the crates. Defending MCOMs can definitely be fun :D

MarkMclovin said:
No. The only time you will appear on the map, is if you are spotted by an enemy or you are in the zone of a Motion Sensor.

I'm not 100% sure that even if you are fired at, you show on the map.

Thanks a lot.

Also, I'm still always up for some games with you guys on 360. I noticed that you seem to have played a few games recently. What system were you guys on?

My GT is BENJO KAZ00IE (two zeroes in Kaz00ie)

Pete Rock

Been chugging away on the march to 50, probably won't happen until the Vietnam expansion drops though, which isn't terrible as it will leave me something to do other than destroy.

360_Cheerful%20Dub.png

Highlights of the weekend: joining a random friends game on Laguna Presa Rush, going to throw down AT mines in the cove behind A, realizing there was a guy on the HMG, knifing him - then knifing 8 other people in the back down the beachline.

Running WARHD + Armor with my favorite pilot, murdering 60 defenders with the Blackhawk on Isla, then shooting down their Hind and bailing out to steal the respawn, netting the last 4 kills on the would be dis-armers as both crates explode.

9K9dq.jpg

Working on dropping the plat on my Garand, been using it with assault & engi lately, really got into the rythm on it and finally prefer it over the G3 and even the M14.

360_Cheerful%20Dub.png

Cornbread78

I just wanted to announce that I FINALLY got the 2.0 trophy, thus I got my first shiny little platinum trophy for the game.. Felt pretty damn good considering I've killed my K/D so much to get the friggen thing, LOL. next time I jump into games, I can play with a clear head, LOL! I got the last 2.0 Noob Tubin' a building that a sniper was perched in until it fell over. I can't believe the idiot didn't jump out.... I must thank him again..

somnific

Cornbread78 said:
I just wanted to announce that I FINALLY got the 2.0 trophy, thus I got my first shiny little platinum trophy for the game.. Felt pretty damn good considering I've killed my K/D so much to get the friggen thing, LOL. next time I jump into games, I can play with a clear head, LOL! I got the last 2.0 Noob Tubin' a building that a sniper was perched in until it fell over. I can't believe the idiot didn't jump out.... I must thank him again..

congrats man! i know you've been lamenting about that trophy for awhile, must be a relief! :D

Cornbread78

somnific said:
congrats man! i know you've been lamenting about that trophy for awhile, must be a relief! :D

Oh yeah, not I can actually just play the game, LOL. I can;t believe I let those friggen 2.0's get to me like they did!

Cornbread78 said:

I really felt like sending the last guy on my 2.0 list a message saying "thanks" because I was so overjoyed that I could stop trying to blow up every building I saw. Playing normally, I've only gotten 5 more past my original 20. It's very slow going when not going out of your way to get it.

dralla

TheSeks said:
So you say until a level 50 clantard starts to circle strife and fuck your shit up to your annoyance.

Fucking helicopters, how do they balance!?

Yeah I'm like "WAIT, FACELESS I'M NOT THE-- OH SHIT MOVEMOVEMO-- Oh, okay you did (arm arm arm arm while this train of thought happens)"

"Well, guess I'll hold here and see if I di--"
(Death)
(Spawn on your Apache)

And I can fly, but I fly very poorly and I do TERRIBLE in the attack chopper unless I'm chopper gunner, so I really don't do it.

the faster tracer darts should allow you to shoot them down. i dont have a problem with helo's at all, I've tagged [and shot down] a ton of them. There's always AA guns around too.

TheSeks

dralla said:
the faster tracer darts should allow you to shoot them down. i dont have a problem with helo's at all, I've tagged [and shot down] a ton of them. There's always AA guns around too.

Not really. Seems to be "shoot->lag->ZOOM (helicopter is already past where I fired)"

"Shit, okay..."

(lead shot... again... SHOOT->lag->ZOOM!)

ApacheAsshole <Apache> TheSeks

Fuck the tracer dart buff, still a shitty counter to the helicopters. It's even more terrible when people do that 10 degree strafe and circle for speed.

Marvie_3

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
Congrats man. That one took me forever as well. The last 3 kills were a bitch and took over a week for me. :lol

Then the next day I got 3 or 4 D2.0's without even trying. :lol

Last achievement I need is Valparaiso Onslaught on Hardcore difficulty but no one is ever playing it. :(

I think guns on tanks should do a lot more damage to choppers. It's like a pea shooter to choppers. I shoot it for over 30 seconds and it's hardly a dent.

Coldsnap said:
The ultimate edition is $40.00 on amazon, I think I'm going to have to jump at that price. I finally get to play this :lol

I'd jump on it fast as it was just the deal of the day. This just came out so it won't hold this price for long.

Crakatak187 said:
I think guns on tanks should do a lot more damage to choppers. It's like a pea shooter to choppers. I shoot it for over 30 seconds and it's hardly a dent.
the real problem imo is the gun only goes up like 30 degrees, in BC1 they went up like 45 degrees.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
PS3 GAF needs to stop emptying servers!

i mean, even level 50's using C4 UAV quit on us, wtf?

You updated your firmware?

Well, shit, I guess that settles it. I'll update my firmware this weekend to play BC2 then. :lol

TheSeks said:
You updated your firmware?

Well, shit, I guess that settles it. I'll update my firmware this weekend to play BC2 then. :lol
no, i didn't turn off the PS3 and didn't log out. it ended up freezing anyway, so i used the DNS Proxy.

Top Bottom