• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks said:
You updated your firmware?

Well, shit, I guess that settles it. I'll update my firmware this weekend to play BC2 then. :lol

I just got my PS3 version of BF:BC2 and I can't update my firmware yet. Looks like I'm heading back to the 360 version for now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
no, i didn't turn off the PS3 and didn't log out. it ended up freezing anyway, so i used the DNS Proxy.

Oh, well, nevermind. I'm waiting for Arc the Lad to hit the PSN store or Jailbreak to happen on 3.42, or I give it until the end of the month. Whichever happens first for me to crack.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DICE will be showing BFBC2: Vietnam at TGS 2010.... yeah TGS.

Does the majority of gaf players here play the ps3 version then?

I could do with getting in on some actual fun game rather than joining random shit teams who just snipe all fucking day. 360 though.

Pete Rock

I roll on 360 but I didn't even know how to join games through the friends list until recently, so I only played with Faceless the couple times he joined my games. I've been making it a habit to check it first and attempt to join a game or two before inviting friends for some squad action. I should put the tag on, eightquid has joined my games a few times and screwed up my well laid plans, I wouldn't ever know any better but he always rocks [GAF] :D

Expansion news sooner rather than later is a good thing, hopefully it's not another series of "announcements".

Edit: I find the choppers incredibly lame since the last patch. I still love to use it and make it a priority, but there is either no balance and the things destroy, or they are nerfed to be slow as hell while the AA guns are buffed 30% and now mess with your movement to the point that one volley is enough to secure your death at the hand of a competent enemy.

On Valdez, you had to really fuck up with the Apache to lose it. Now you have to play a cat and mouse game with the light tank until it is blown up, assuming they have it and are waiting when you bring it off the pad, then always make it a priority while doing your normal circle strafing on the spawn, which again is a lot slower than it used to be. This is such a huge discrepancy and it's not exactly the first game they've made with choppers, so it's still confusing to me that they'd have an issue like that in the first place. Then again, M60 prepatch, C4 UAVS, etc

todahawk

MarkMclovin said:

Yes, as well as the majority of non-players who really need to start playing again but fear getting cussed out for forgetting how to be a team player... >.>

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Pete Rock said:
Expansion news sooner rather than later is a good thing, hopefully it's not another series of "announcements".

I agree, but I feel as though they have waited too long to put Vietnam out. I would like it to be successful so that there will be alot of people playing. With Halo 3, Call of Duty, and Medal of Honor coming out soon, I can't help but think it will be sent to die.

greenjerk said:
Yes, as well as the majority of non-players who really need to start playing again but fear getting cussed out for forgetting how to be a team player... >.>
shots fired!

MarkMclovin said:

I could do with getting in on some actual fun game rather than joining random shit teams who just snipe all fucking day. 360 though.
yeah, there are more active players on PS3, but still quite a few that play on 360.

Swapped that insufferable Modern Warfare 2 for this over the weekend.

-Where is the VIP code? I bought the game new but I don't see it anywhere on the box or manual.

-Is Onslaught mode any good?

-Not too big on the perks. Going against guys with body armor and 12x scopes when I've got nothing :\

-Teammates are just as dumb as in Modern Warfare 2, lulz

Marvie_3

Banned
MarkMclovin said:

You can add me if you want. I could use some non-random teammates for once too. :lol

Wthermans

Banned
Red Blaster said:

-Where is the VIP code? I bought the game new but I don't see it anywhere on the box or manual.

-Not too big on the perks. Going against guys with body armor and 12x scopes when I've got nothing :\

If you bought used you don't have a VIP code and have to buy the DLC from your console's DD store. Onslaught is fun if you like challenging AI. Flank the 12x scopers and use Magnum ammo for the body armor guys. It sucks starting out fresh, but roll with a squad and you'll get your own perks soon enough. Teammates are dumb in every MP game.

Red Blaster said:

the VIP code should be on an insert card behind the manual. if you don't have one in there, take the game back to the store and get another.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
The Laguna Presa map was hilarious. JM kept stealing their Bradley :lol

Those Mafia guys were so desperate :lol

"Look what I have guys!" :lol

I just love that map, it turns me from a typical BC2 player into a crazy thief.

I wish it would have been a map other than White Pass after that one. I'd be interested to know if the MAFIA_SQD guys pulled a rage quit, or if they just left because they hated White Pass.

I'm guessing a little of both at the very least. We held them back very well considering they used cheap tactics.

Dabanton

sdornan said:
I'm sure this might be a common subject in this topic, but they really should make the M-COM stations non-C4able.

DICE doesn't give a shit. They've got too much on their plates to be bothered with fixing things like that.

Red Blaster said:
Teammates are just as dumb as in Modern Warfare 2, lulz

People work as a team in MW2? Did they release some patch or something that I didn't know about that promotes teamwork and not stingy camping play?

According to EA UK Forums member TG jneagu, who supposedly has info from an anonymous DICE dev, we will see 4 new maps for Bad Company 2 before Vietnam comes out. 2 of those maps will be Bad Company 1 remakes. The other 2 will be Bad Company 2 single player maps converted to multiplayer. This will be the next VIP mappack or possibly the one after.

TG jneagu also notes that BFBC2 Vietnam will be $15 and the only confirmed release date is Winter 2010, which can be seen at the end of a teaser trailer. This new trailer is suppose to be released at the Tokyo Game Show.
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=163334

UFRA said:
"Look what I have guys!" :lol

I just love that map, it turns me from a typical BC2 player into a crazy thief.

I wish it would have been a map other than White Pass after that one. I'd be interested to know if the MAFIA_SQD guys pulled a rage quit, or if they just left because they hated White Pass.

I'm guessing a little of both at the very least. We held them back very well considering they used cheap tactics.
One thing is for sure, Mafia will be weary next time they face against GAF. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time Mafia got creamed on my GAF.

TheSeks

greenjerk said:

Shut up, you. I'm improving the GAF army and you know it. :lol

Faceless said:
2 of those maps will be Bad Company 1 remakes.

OMFG, PLEASE BE DECONSTRUCTION PLEASE BE DECONSTRUCTION PLEASE BE DECONSTRUCTION

I want my crazy bullet drop on five minute crane climbing action. :lol

That said. $15 for four maps is pretty disappointing. I expected better from DICE. :|

TheSeks

Ben2749 said:
I'm confused between Ultimate Edition and Vietnam. What exactly is each one of them?

Ultimate: BC2 LE/1943 (stand-alone BF game) code/Onslaught (add-on for BC2) mode code
Vietnam: "Expansion" pack with (rumored) 4 new maps that requires BC2 (ANY VERSION) to run.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Shut up, you. I'm improving the GAF army and you know it. :lol

:lol :lol :lol
You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? /end Taxi Driver rant

I'm just trying to take care of my backlog a bit. I'll be back in the saddle soon. I am a little burned out on BC2 but when I've played a few scattered matches I had fun, I just felt odd and out of it. *shrugs*

Gritesh

Decided to come back to this game after a break for a while.

Re-installed on my PC.

For some reason when I am connected to a server I can only play for about 5 minutes before I get the message

"Could not connect to game server, check your internet and network connection"

Never had this problem before, and I have not changed anything since the last time I played, except for when I went to run the game it downloaded an update.

Did a google search, found lots of people bitching about it, but no concrete evidence on how to fix it...

Facism

does anyone know of a way to force BC2 to use my native resolution of 1440x900 in dx10? Keeps switching to 1024x768 :(

TheSeks

mempbisB said:
Do we need to have the earlier DLCS such as the ultimate edition to play the upcoming Vietnam?

No. You just need a copy of ANY (normal/LE/UE) of BC2.

UFRA

OldJadedGamer said:
Drive tank to hot location... jump out and put mines in front and back. Forget and go play the rest of the game. Comedy ensues very soon.

Counter point - I see tank coming....hide. Driver jumps out, kill him. Destroy team with their own vehicle for remainder of map.

:p

Marvie_3

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Drive tank to hot location... jump out and put mines in front and back. Forget and go play the rest of the game. Comedy ensues very soon.
I love doing this. Or as the next poster mentioned, kill the driver. I never take the tank, but I'll put mines there and just run away. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I love doing this. Or as the next poster mentioned, kill the driver. I never take the tank, but I'll put mines there and just run away. :lol
one of my favorite things to do is set mines at the tank spawn spot *and* take the tank. why? well, because having the tank is an advantage and if it gets destroyed, people on the other team usually RUSH right to it to grab it when it respawns so it doesn't get stolen again. BOOM!

this also works for choppers, but sometimes the mines don't blow it up on takeoff...

UFRA

one of my favorite things to do is set mines at the tank spawn spot *and* take the tank. why? well, because having the tank is an advantage and if it gets destroyed, people on the other team usually RUSH right to it to grab it when it respawns so it doesn't get stolen again. BOOM!

this also works for choppers, but sometimes the mines don't blow it up on takeoff...

That's a really good idea. Then if you get killed placing the mines, it's really no loss since you were about to steal an enemy tank anyways. I rarely use mines, but that's a tempting idea. :D

UFRA said:
That's a really good idea. Then if you get killed placing the mines, it's really no loss since you were about to steal an enemy tank anyways. I rarely use mines, but that's a tempting idea. :D
i use mines too much! seriously, some games on Laguna Presa, i get like 6-8 'free' kills from AT Mines on the first section by just putting them along the shoreline or around the corner going towards A and boats and jetskis drive right into them. i've even started doing it on Isla Inocentes now >:E

TheSeks said:
Ultimate: BC2 LE/1943 (stand-alone BF game) code/Onslaught (add-on for BC2) mode code
Vietnam: "Expansion" pack with (rumored) 4 new maps that requires BC2 (ANY VERSION) to run.

Thanks. I already own BF 1943; is it worth me trading up for a copy of Ultimate Edition? What exactly is Onslaught Mode, and is it any good? Also, will my progress carry over to Ultimate Edition?

I'll definitely be getting Vietnam.

Facism

MrTroubleMaker said:
go into settings.ini and change the res there, it should be in documents/BFBC2

Unfortunately, it doesn't effect the problem. Set my res and it still switches to that low low res.

apparently i can only use a resolution listed in the dropbox in dx10 mode :I

TheSeks said:
That said. $15 for four maps is pretty disappointing. I expected better from DICE. :|

$15 for four brand new maps, weapons, and vehicles is not a bad deal. At all.

Gritesh said:
Decided to come back to this game after a break for a while.

Re-installed on my PC.

For some reason when I am connected to a server I can only play for about 5 minutes before I get the message

"Could not connect to game server, check your internet and network connection"

Never had this problem before, and I have not changed anything since the last time I played, except for when I went to run the game it downloaded an update.

Did a google search, found lots of people bitching about it, but no concrete evidence on how to fix it...

Did you update PunkBuster/pbsetup?

i use mines too much! seriously, some games on Laguna Presa, i get like 6-8 'free' kills from AT Mines on the first section by just putting them along the shoreline or around the corner going towards A and boats and jetskis drive right into them. i've even started doing it on Isla Inocentes now >:E

My usual mine tactic is as soon as the round starts I choose Eng.+extra explosives then lay them all around hotspots and books I know people don't see. After I lay my mines down I just suiside and come back Engy with rockets, sure its -10 but its better to have your Engy with secondary weps on the ground and now on his back.
I do this everytime my mines on the ground all are hit/destroyed or everytime the MCOM changes, but not directly after an MCOM moves tho since an enemy seems to charge in more and zip around after the fall of an MCOM. They have a false sense of "area clear"

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
sdornan said:
I'm sure this might be a common subject in this topic, but they really should make the M-COM stations non-C4able.

Actually, I think it's ridiculous that it takes a whole crap load of explosives that would level an entire city block just to blow up one measly M-COM.

TheSeks

Mr. Snrub said:
$15 for four brand new maps, weapons, and vehicles is not a bad deal. At all.

MW2 does 5-6 maps for $15 a pack?

CoD4 did 4 maps for $10?

Yes, it's a bad deal. You can sit here and go "LOL NO IT ISN'T" but to me it is.

Thanks. I already own BF 1943; is it worth me trading up for a copy of Ultimate Edition? What exactly is Onslaught Mode, and is it any good? Also, will my progress carry over to Ultimate Edition?

No. Online co-op mode. Debatable. No, respectively.

Roxas

I know i am going to get shit for this. but is there a way to connect the xbox controller to play the PC version?

TheSeks said:

CoD4 did 4 maps for $10?

Yes, it's a bad deal. You can sit here and go "LOL NO IT ISN'T" but to me it is.

In all fairness, maps in Battlefield 2 dwarf the maps in MW2. They're so big that you can play a single map quite differently on multiple games, especially in Deathmatch, where no single area is of more importance than any other.

Besides, if it also comes with new weapons and vehicles, that automatically makes it better value than the MW2 map packs.

I'm not going to say it's *amazing* value, but I think it's worth it.

TheSeks said:
No. Online co-op mode. Debatable. No, respectively.

Thanks. I'll skip Ultimate Edition then.

Cornbread78

OldJadedGamer said:
People work as a team in MW2? Did they release some patch or something that I didn't know about that promotes teamwork and not stingy camping play?

:lol :lol :lol

That's like saying nobody whores NOOB Tube or Quick Scoping... Hmmm. That takes teamwork..:D

I use mines too much as well. Most times when I see a tank I'll drop a mine right beside it then just shoot it. Sure I get -10 for the suicide but 300 for the tank kill. They work great as traps and as a C4 type of explosive for up close.

TheSeks said:

CoD4 did 4 maps for $10?

how many COD maps fit in Laguna Alta?

also, weapons and vehicles.

OldJadedGamer said:
I use mines too much as well. Most times when I see a tank I'll drop a mine right beside it then just shoot it. Sure I get -10 for the suicide but 300 for the tank kill. They work great as traps and as a C4 type of explosive for up close.
yeah, i'll grenade or shoot my AT Mines to kill an oblivious tank.

TheSeks said:

CoD4 did 4 maps for $10?

LOL NO IT ISN'T

Again, $15 for 4 new maps, vehicles, and weapons. It's not a map pack, it's an expansion, regardless of what witty ol' GAF says.

But this is all moot, because we don't know the price point.

Mr. Snrub said:
LOL NO IT ISN'T

Again, $15 for 4 new maps, vehicles, and weapons. It's not a map pack, it's an expansion, regardless of what witty ol' GAF says.

But this is all moot, because we don't know the price point.

Trophies, Achievements, New Unlockables for the weapons, new perks, and hopefully the radio feature from BF Vietnam.

Top Bottom