• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
Hopes for the new map pack:

1. Oasis

2. Over and Out

3. That stage from BC2 single player near the end where you are fighting through the destroyed city.

4. The airplane stage at the end. Just shove 24 players in there and call it a day.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
how many COD maps fit in Laguna Alta?

also, weapons and vehicles.

And how much of Laguna Alta is used for more than Rush, Conquest, and Squad Deathmatch?

You can play a variety of modes on the maps sure. But the size doesn't change anything really. Just the "out of bounds."

Weapons and vehicles are the buying point for me. BC1 maps are nice, but the dismal amount of maps is annoying to me. Esp. since we still don't have Panama Canal Rush (something I'd love to have depending on the map size).

olimpia84

I must be the only person who is OK with the number of levels in the game. Sure, more levels would be nice but I already put 500+ hours and I'm fine with the variety they offer. As far as the Vietnam expansion 4 levels are fine with me as long as they don't charge a lot for it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
olimpia84 said:
I must be the only person who is OK with the number of levels in the game. Sure, more levels would be nice but I already put 500+ hours and I'm fine with the variety they offer. As far as the Vietnam expansion 4 levels are fine with me as long as they don't charge a lot for it.
I just imagined 500 hours in Nelson Bay and then proceeded to contemplate suicide.

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
I just imagined 500 hours in Nelson Bay and then proceeded to contemplate suicide.

Olimpia plays Conquest. He doesn't play the shitty Nelson Bay. ;)

(They really should fix the HDR. Dark is too dark, bright is too bright. Give me some sliders, SMH DICE)

olimpia84 said:
i'm still finding out new stuff and i've put in .. i don't think i even want to list how many hours :lol :lol :lol

TheSeks said:
Olimpia plays Conquest. He doesn't play the shitty Nelson Bay. ;)

(They really should fix the HDR. Dark is too dark, bright is too bright. Give me some sliders, SMH DICE)
but really, who plays Nelson Bay Squad DM anyway?

Crakatak187 said:
I'm fine with the number of maps. I want them to actually get rid of White Pass.
i just want them to reverse the direction of the map so the first base is the last and vice versa, and move the crate that's in the house on the 1st set to inside the well or something, and 2nd set crate on 1st floor to outside, in front of the guard tower... that would be nice.

I mainly mean Rush. I'm a Rush Hoe. I'll play conquest if I'm invite, but otherwise it's Rushing with randoms until somebody joins me or invites me into a game.

olimpia84

Crakatak187 said:
I'm fine with the number of maps. I want them to actually get rid of White Pass.

White Pass Rush has a horrible design but I enjoyed playing it so far. Defending is fun if you have a good team because you know if you let the first set of mcoms explode then you're done so you have to give it all you got. Recons + Medics is the way to go when defending, if everybody hangs on tight it's an easy win. Actually, I have 100% efficiency on that map; still haven't lost a single game in it :D

Getting really cheesed at this magnum ammo bullshit, been robbed of so many kills because everyone has it equipped. This trend of screwing over newcomers in shooters is annoying as hell.

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, I like pretty much every map in the jungle. Also, I'm far from the only Nelson Bay hater.
Nelson Bay is by far the worst map in the game. I would rather play 10 matches of White Pass Rush over Nelson Bay Rush anytime.

I use to hate Nelson Bay, but now I only hate it because people quit on that map. White Pass after the first checkpoint, I swear it's the worst map design I ever seen.

X-Frame

Red Blaster said:
Getting really cheesed at this magnum ammo bullshit, been robbed of so many kills because everyone has it equipped. This trend of screwing over newcomers in shooters is annoying as hell.

I also don't like it and don't even use it in the majority of situations but I still use it for certain guns that need it. Mostly, I prefer the accuracy buffs.

TheSeks

Red Blaster said:

I've been down this road before.

In before Dreamgazer comes in and goes "B-B-BUT WHO CARES ABOUT PLAYING 'PROPER' CLASSES!? I NEED MAH KILLS."

Crakatak187 said:
I use to hate Nelson Bay, but now I only hate it because people quit on that map.

In public matches, I quit the Rush variant because I CAN'T SEE SHIT with how fucking dark it is and how fucking the HDR has to fuck with my LCD.

Shit, I can't even see the goddamn stairs in the lighthouse map going into the lighthouse because of it. It's stupid.

They really need to give a slider for the HDR and lighting/contrast so everyone has a decent image quality/experience.

Olimpia84 said:
Defending is fun if you have a good team because you know if you let the first set of mcoms explode then you're done so you have to give it all you got.

This is why White Pass is fun. If you have some proper medics + recons + assaults you can pretty much hold the first set provided you spread out and don't bunch up + stop their C4/AT/Rockets (which is possible on A, B is a bit tricky but able to be cheesed easy).

So long as you prevent them from sneaking in and getting in the stairs in the back, you should be able to hold it.

Should they reverse the map? Yeah, I agree and they should make one of the M-COMs in the other two sets not be in a collapsible building, but what can you do?

Atacama Conquest is more bullshit because of the double-helicopter fucks that amount to 99% of games there. As soon as Atacama Conquest comes up anymore, I quit. I don't want to get annoyed by LOL THEY STOLE OUR HELICOPTER! TRY TO TAKE THEM OUT WITH SHITTY ANTI-AIR OPTIONS! LOLOLOLOLOL (SMH DICE) gameplay that basically the round devolves into.

The map wouldn't be bad if the Helicopters didn't respawn except once every... ten minutes or never again. That and locking the helicopters (on conquest) to where the enemy team can't steal yours and then proceed to base rape/fuck you if they're good pilots (which in 60% of cases: THEY ARE).

Reversing White pass would only make it worst for me since the first 2 checkpoint would be a waste of time to defend with all those houses being 2.0ed. Got to have M-COMs in indestructible buildings as you said.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Got to have M-COMs in indestructible buildings as you said.

They need to put one out in the open (of course LOL CHEESE, but to prevent this...) and have some decent/non destructable cover for about 85% of all attacking angles. Thereby stopping rocket spam on it. C4 and AT would be able to be done, but only by UAV or getting close (IIRC there is UAV on that map?).

Keep one of the crates in a <D 2.0> building so the attacking team at least has a chance if the defenders are good and able to hold the out in the open one (which you should be attempting to do, shit Atacama Rush pretty much should drill this into your head on the first set).

Really, the first set is probably some of the most fun I've had with the game, with the excepetion of a good team on Nelson Bay Conquest. Having to "hold the line" with a good team is very fucking fun.

G-Fex

Just started right now sort of. I only played once and that was a long time ago when it first came out don't remember why but I didn't go back to it, now there's a update for nearly 500 mb wtf? Come on.

M-COM that are out in the open is the best one to defend to me. No place to hide and constantly being watched from all sort of angles. I always make sure to blast down the walls of indestructible houses that have a M-COM.

I can imagine defending White Pass with a M-COM out in the open. Collapse all the houses nearby and you practically screw the opposing team unless they UAV C4.

Give them no hiding spot is my best way to defend. It's like creating a no mans land.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I can imagine defending White Pass with a M-COM out in the open. Collapse all the houses nearby and you practically screw the opposing team unless they UAV C4.

Unless they sneak through the collapsed houses. Which could be possible with holes in your team.

or Rocket/Medic/Assault, provided they have the ability to rocket it.

White Pass Rush is a weird beast. I don't mind playing it (except on attackers first start and defenders after first set), but I do see the issues with it and it's weird that DICE okayed it when they could've made a more "urban" rush map that had slightly more cover and maybe a few "park" areas that had a crate in the open for the teams to defend/attack

I guess I'm too spoiled by playing Arica Rush a lot in the PS3 closed beta to where I wanted a map similar to the second set of that map than some of the other maps.

I start BFBC2 on Arica Harbor all the time. If only the other maps were urban as well.

Yeah they could hide in the collapsed building, it really does depend on the team to maintain awareness. It does help though, with all the houses collapsed you get a much more clear view, maybe you'll even see them before they get to hide in the collapsed building.

One huge flaw, it takes forever to collapse houses in every way. It's not that practical unless it's a team effort.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I start BFBC2 on Arica Harbor all the time. If only the other maps were urban as well.

Yeah they could hide in the collapsed building, it really does depend on the team to maintain awareness. It does help though, with all the houses collapsed you get a much more clear view, maybe you'll even see them before they get to hide in the collapsed building.

One huge flaw, it takes forever to collapse houses in every way. It's not that practical unless it's a team effort.

Well, the same thing could be said about the first set with the map as it is currently. It takes a team effort and unless they start off and try to push, they'll get trapped in their spawn and rage quit like they did that GAF game. :lol

My biggest issue with the first set on attackers is how LITTLE COVER there is getting out of the base unless you go to the edges, which is what the defenders (if they're me/GAF) know and will go toward the edges to wait for them to try to come out and hug the wall only to eat bullets.

They really should look at rebalancing the map. As it could be fun if it wasn't an uphill battle for the first set and a downhill rollercoaster ride for the last two sets.

And yeah, I was hoping Vietnam would bring a huge metropolis type map in addition to Deconstruction (*fingers crossed for BC1 remake being that*), urban/multistory maps are pretty fun for me. You funnel people into areas and they have to look up/down to find people.

That's not to say country maps can't be fun, BC1's open maps were pretty fun (but I really REALLY hated sprinting across the map. SML to DICE for making "click and run forever" the BC2 standard), but the open open open nature of them gets dull to me after a while (that and it's hard to find the attackers unless you spread out or wait for them to come to you unless they're far-away cheesing).

Edit: In addition to Arica Both modes and White Pass Conquest, Nelson Bay Conquest is probably the most fun map in the game when both teams are good/even and holding both their bases to where pockets of attackers are going into bases to be mown down. Shit can be intense when it clicks and your attacking against a bunch of attackers, see Faceless and I on White Pass when it launched a day or two after in Conquest and I_shoot_to_kill, Faceless, and I in Arica Harbor Conquest upstairs near construction side second house from A flag and there were attackers trying to kill us there.

wwm0nkey

Red Blaster said:
Yeah, fuck this game up the ass. Fucking incredible logic DICE, give the experienced players buffs and the newcomers nothing.
the weapons are good enough where new players can easily take out old ones.

Red Blaster said:
Yeah, fuck this game up the ass. Fucking incredible logic DICE, give the experienced players buffs and the newcomers nothing.

You can't even heal or give people ammo when you are new. Suck it noob!!

yes, it sucks

wwm0nkey said:
the weapons are good enough where new players can easily take out old ones.

I'm talking about the bullshit magnum ammo, 12x scoped, body armor wearing guys. I've got hundreds of hours logged in BF2 on PC with a 1.8 k/d ratio so I'm not new to the Battlefield formula and in that game the unlocks were not seen as any better than the default weapons but as alternatives.

I've been in so many situations where I get the jump on a guy but the lucky fuck has magnum ammo and blasts me, and then I see that I got him to 5% health which would've assuredly been a kill if I had magnum ammo but nope, gotta get to Level 15 or something DERP. Freaking Modern Warfare 2 at least gave you some stock classes with the higher level perks unlocked.

TheSeks

Red Blaster said:
I'm talking about the bullshit magnum ammo, 12x scoped, body armor wearing guys. I've got hundreds of hours logged in BF2 on PC with a 1.8 k/d ratio so I'm not new to the Battlefield formula and in that game the unlocks were not seen as any better than the default weapons but as alternatives.

I've been in so many situations where I get the jump on a guy but the lucky fuck has magnum ammo and blasts me, and then I see that I got him to 5% health which would've assuredly been a kill if I had magnum ammo but nope, gotta get to Level 15 or something DERP. Freaking Modern Warfare 2 at least gave you some stock classes with the higher level perks unlocked.

Yes. Magnum is Bullshit. You can beat it, but you gotta get a better base damage gun.

It's stupid. I agree, and I say that as a high level (40-50) player that's been playing Day 1.

Don't let it get to you. You just have to play slightly more defensively.

Once you unlock the class kit items, start abusing the hell out of them. Throw out ammo/medikits/motion mines, and repair if possible (probably ain't if you're playing with retarded public people), otherwise rocket the shit out of enemy tanks.

If you have the chance, abuse the hell out of vehicles. You unlock the vehicle perks, IIRC you also unlock class perks while on a turret/tank/helicopter and you're generally safe enough to rack up points to level up to 15 for Magnum Ammo so you can be part of the problem :)D!
SMH DICE
) yourself.

(And honestly, IIRC leveling to 15 shouldn't take too long, provided you use your class kits and place them every chance you get)

Edit: However, everyone I've agreed with has said that giving damage buff/debuffs as a perk is stupid bullshit. WHY to this day FPS/game developers give this option in a multiplayer game is beyond me and frankly I want to punch each and every one of them for that bullshit.

It's about as bad as Situational Awareness (literally a wallhack) being in Uncharted 2.

Seriously, developers: I have the free time. If you want my deaf ass to be blunt and expletive filled rants on your balances, feel free to get in touch with me and send beta codes on PSN.

GeneralIroh said:
Heres hoping they update the m16 model for bfbc2:V because bfbc2's m16 looks like turd. The models from MOH look much nicer.
Meh, I like it. But it's probably going to look like the skinny old looking one found in BFV (well duh).

Fucking C4 on crates is getting old. Even with 5 guys sitting around the mcom with shotguns it doesn't do shit when the whole other team is pouring in with C4.

I see it so much that I just make those bastards suicide if I'm too late, but I won't let them put 1 if I can stop it.

*Enemy puts 1 c4 on M-COM....Boom suicide* :lol

Yesterday I made at least 5 enemy suicide and even my own teammates :lol

I've played Rush so much my mentally adapted. I still hate it with a passion, but I get revenge by being an ass (Spawn camping). Back then I didn't retaliate, but I enjoy retaliating now. C4 my M-COMs I'm fucking jacking your tank.

so yeah, if the rumor is true, man i would love for some BC1 maps in BC2, too bad it's only rumored to be 2, that's a tough choice!

i would LOVE ... hell, i would love any BC1 Rush map in BC2, but especially Ascension and Harvest Day, though Harvest Day would need some changes considering every crate is in a building that can be D2.0'd in BC2

as far as BC2 SP goes...

Operation Aurora
... ... Squad Deathmatch in the Submarine Base?

Cold War
Epic Uphill Rush Map?

Heart of Darkness
Awesome Conquest Map (Logging Area)

Upriver
Conquest? (Riverbed Area, maybe have the bridge not be broken at the start)

Crack the Sky
Epic Downhill Rush Map?

Snowblind
Rush... Downhill...

Heavy Metal
Fucking Awesome Vehicle Rush/Conquest Map?!

High Value Target
Conquest? (Driving Section)

Sangre Del Toro
MEGA EPIC CONQUEST MAP ZOMG OUT OF MEMORY ERROR GAME CRASHES ON CONSOLE!@!

No One Gets Left Behind
Sweet Rush Map? (Middle Segment)

Zero Dark Thirty
Squad Deathmatch in the Storm Drains?

Force Multiplier
uhhh... how short is this level again? 3 minutes?

Airborne
:lol :lol :lol

Cornbread78 said:
So which guys are actually going to be playing this game over the weekend? (PS3, of course) LOL
i was thinking about playing BC1 if Seks was down, since i was supposed to a few weeks ago, but was sleeping all day that weekend!

TheSeks

Red Blaster said:
How often do you guys play? I need to run with some non-idiots. PS3 version here.

PS3 GAF is generally on daily/nightly. Weekends is when most people flood into it but Faceless/Olimipia/Myself (but I do play other games)/Crack (rush only)/NoStyle/Dreamgazer/AbuC/... all play nightly.

Faceless said:
i was thinking about playing BC1 if Seks was down, since i was supposed to a few weeks ago, but was sleeping all day that weekend!

*Bison"YESSSSS".gif*

Let's do it. :D I've been meaning to play BC1 and not have to worry about my KDR for a bit now. :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Red Blaster said:

Sounds to me like you have just started playing the game, yet you expect to be better than people who have been playing the game for months. It don't work that way in any game.

TheSeks

dskillzhtown said:
Sounds to me like you have just started playing the game, yet you expect to be better than people who have been playing the game for months. It don't work that way in any game.

He's talking about a perk that requires no skill to use. Ergo, it does work that way.

abuC

I got my groove back :D

Been using assault class with the shotgun attachment a lot lately and it's just vicious. I play very very aggressive most of the time and the shotgun attachment is no joke, those close range shootouts with other assault/medic class guys end pretty quickly now. They usually get one shot off before the shottie lays them to rest, it's really great when one enemy is close and theres someone else at medium range you just quickly switch to the AR after killing the guy at close range.

dskillzhtown said:
I don't even play that crap. I exit out everytime that map comes up in rotation.
ouch.

TheSeks said:
He's talking about a perk that requires no skill to use. Ergo, it does work that way.
experience counts for something!
i JUST got lightweight on that profile, haven't even equipped it yet.

abuC said:
I got my groove back :D

Been using assault class with the shotgun attachment a lot lately and it's just vicious. I play very very aggressive most of the time and the shotgun attachment is no joke, those close range shootouts with other assault/medic class guys end pretty quickly now. They usually get one shot off before the shottie lays them to rest, it's really great when one enemy is close and theres someone else at medium range you just quickly switch to the AR after killing the guy at close range.
yeah, the 40MM Shotgun is pretty vicious, i've barely used it and gotten several double and a triple with it. i usually use the Pro Tube or Noob Tube.

TheSeks said:
I didn't know aiming required no skill. If you aren't using perk spots for c4, then you use it for magnum and a scope, that's just the bottom line. Anything else and you aren't killing as well, and this game is all about killing.

The way I see it as magnum ammo is just the standard. If you want to go with something different for a change, then pick from the other ones at cost of one measly bullet. If I feel like being a douche with the RPG, I'll pick the explosive mkII, and still kick ass with the UMP. It doesn't make that much of difference, except on some guns where it's practically required for distance (M14, T88S, etc). The other perks in that category just aren't useful other than certain situations.

Seriously, it's the matter of 6 bullets vs 7. Woo. Get the fuck over it already.

Darkshier said:
I didn't know aiming required no skill. If you aren't using perk spots for c4, then you use it for magnum and a scope, that's just the bottom line. Anything else and you aren't killing as well, and this game is all about killing.
this game is totally not about killing. quite a few times in both Rush and Conquest, i let enemies that didn't see me run past or away so that i could gain a tactical advantage by letting them move away from a position that i didn't want them in. of course, sometimes this was totally ruined because someone spawns on me and just starts shooting.

The Faceless Master said:
this game is totally not about killing. quite a few times in both Rush and Conquest, i let enemies that didn't see me run past or away so that i could gain a tactical advantage by letting them move away from a position that i didn't want them in. of course, sometimes this was totally ruined because someone spawns on me and just starts shooting.
Those times are so few and far between though Face. I can agree there are times where stealthy approach can be taken, but they don't last for long. You have to kill a lot, and whatever does that the best way (magnum ammo), is just the most efficient.

Top Bottom