• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crakatak187 said:
I left because I felt like it :lol

You mad because GAF plays Conquest and not cheesy Rush.
;)

You want to play Rush, get BC1 and drag Faceless and me into it. Enjoy the shit out of Rush in BC1 more than it's tacked on Conquest variant, which is weird and Rush in BC2 just annoys the hell out of me (partially because of the cheese) and Conquest while annoying is less cheesy to deal with.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I played 4-5 conquest games in a row today. When I started a Rush game afterward as usual it was nothing but cheese from both sides.

See, you don't have to worry about that shit in BC1, because they removed most of that shit.

Sure you can crate bash still, but it's HARD to do.

You should get BC1 and grease Faceless into playing BC1 daily again, so I can join up and we do Rush for a few hours and I get closer to my 10K2 trophy. :lol (Nearly 3000 of 10002 kills. *sigh*)

There was this game on Laguna Presa the opposing team only had 3 players and 6 lives left and some dick from our team started blowing up our M-COMS. I made him suicide but it was too late.

Sometimes I wonder does Dice know what hell they are doing when it comes to balance.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Sometimes I wonder does Dice know what hell they are doing when it comes to balance.

Given they go by user statistics and complaints (ZOMG M60 HAS NO RECOIL) and then bring the nerf stick out to blanket nerf (ZOMG M60 has slight recoil now! IT'S KAY GUYZ!)? Doubtful.

*cough*

But blowing the crates isn't really "balance." That's more "objective balance" than "gameplay"/gunplay balance.

If I was doing the balance I would do it like this:

Takes 24 C4 to blow up M-COM
C4 on vehicles will do literally no splash damage, all the damage will be concentrated on the vehicle. That will take out all Quad C4 and UAV C4.
No landmine damage on opposing M-COMS but if you are defending it could harm your own M-COM to prevent abuse. Also do over 300 damage damage on your team's M-COM will result in a 4 hour ban.
Take out that ridiculous mortar ground shaking and limit it to 2 uses per life and cool down carries over after dying.
Vads in Port Valdez and Isla Rush for attackers.

Edit: Cheesing to me is like letting Terrorist blow up the C4 on will in Counter-Strike.

TheSeks said:
See, you don't have to worry about that shit in BC1, because they removed most of that shit.

Sure you can crate bash still, but it's HARD to do.

You should get BC1 and grease Faceless into playing BC1 daily again, so I can join up and we do Rush for a few hours and I get closer to my 10K2 trophy. :lol (Nearly 3000 of 10002 kills. *sigh*)
crate bashing is hard in BC1? wait... what!?

is this some sort of ruse to get me to pull out all the stops in BC1 crate bashing next time?

TheSeks

LMAO Faceless steals the attacking team's Atacama Rush Apache, I get in and make the whole enemy team my Nemesis.

Also that Port Valadez Rush attacking round was "Arrive derci, baby!" Someone on our team leaves a quad/ATV/4-wheeler at B second set. I get on, move past an attacking Bradley/defenders, get to third set. Bail. XM8 Compact a dude, "Arrive derci, baby!" him arm A. Faceless is like "NO B" I'm like "NO FUCK B, A!"

+100 attacking bonus

Arm B. Get taken out. Someone arms B. We get it.

Arm B forth set (hardest in the round), die. Revive, take out dudes with dead medic's LMG, revive him. Take out a dude that takes me out. BOOM, objective destroyed.

Faceless is at A. Help him cheese the crate to boom it.

That was just hilarious. The second and third set I'm just "ARRIVE DERCI, BABY!" (blam blam) *move to next set* "ARRIVE DERCI, BABY!" (blam blam) defenders didn't know what was up. :lol

edit:
Faceless said:
is this some sort of ruse to get me to pull out all the stops in BC1 crate bashing next time?

Well, it's less cheesy to crate bash in BC1. You have to get close to C4 it. Grenading it takes a while. Arming/holding is more effective than bashing.

Edit2: HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET UP THE MOUTAIN/ATTACKING THIRD SET Laguna Presa Rush, Faceless? While I'm remembering it. I wish the screeen shot function was working because that was insane.

abuC

You should be able to repair the crate like the Beta, considering most teams now just try to blow the thing up. It makes no sense that you can't repair it, the attackers can fly UAVs in, fire rockets at it, throw C4 on it etc, there's just too many ways to destroy it without the defense being able to repair it.

TheSeks said:
LMAO Faceless steals the attacking team's Atacama Rush Apache, I get in and make the whole enemy team my Nemesis.
THEY CLIMBIN IN YOUR BASE, SNATCHIN YOUR CHOPPERS UP
TRYNA RAPE EM SO YALL NEED TO HIDE YOUR RECONS, HIDE YOUR MEDICS
HIDE YOUR RECONS, HIDE YOUR MEDICS, HIDE YOUR RECONS, HIDE YOUR MEDICS
AND HIDE YOUR ENGINEERS TO CUZ THEY RAPIN EVERYBODY OUT THERE

seriously, you had like 5000 points, and i was like 1000 behind and i had maybe 8 kills... just all those +50's for every kill you got in the Hind!

Also that Port Valadez Rush attacking round was "Arrive derci, baby!" Someone on our team leaves a quad/ATV/4-wheeler at B second set. I get on, move past an attacking Bradley/defenders, get to third set. Bail. XM8 Compact a dude, "Arrive derci, baby!" him arm A. Faceless is like "NO B" I'm like "NO FUCK B, A!"

+100 attacking bonus

Arm B. Get taken out. Someone arms B. We get it.

Arm B forth set (hardest in the round), die. Revive, take out dudes with dead medic's LMG, revive him. Take out a dude that takes me out. BOOM, objective destroyed.

Faceless is at A. Help him cheese the crate to boom it.

That was just hilarious. The second and third set I'm just "ARRIVE DERCI, BABY!" (blam blam) *move to next set* "ARRIVE DERCI, BABY!" (blam blam) defenders didn't know what was up. :lol
that A/B/A/B part was hilarious! but for me, the play of the day was on Isla Inocentes, when i was at our base trying to take out the Hind because it seemed like everyone else was doing it instead of attacking, then i push forward, die and it's time to spawn... who should i spawn on..WTF, SEKOKU IS IN THE BACK OF THEIR BASE KILLING THE DUDES ON THE MGS :lol :lol :lol guess i'm spawning there!

edit:

Well, it's less cheesy to crate bash in BC1. You have to get close to C4 it. Grenading it takes a while. Arming/holding is more effective than bashing.
it takes less of ... everything ... to destroy a crate. less C4, RPG's, mortars, grenades and bullets damage it! the light tanks are RIDICULOUS at close-mid range if you pace it. there are just as many tank sniping spots, though with the laser guided win bomb, that makes tanks a bit less dangerous at sniping. and while there are less Stationary AT spots that can hit the crates, there are more Grenade Launcher spots.

Edit2: HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET UP THE MOUTAIN/ATTACKING THIRD SET Laguna Presa Rush, Faceless? While I'm remembering it. I wish the screeen shot function was working because that was insane.
it's super easy in Rush. you know the inlet everyone pulls up to when attacking the first A crate. directly across the stream from there, you can run up the hill. in Conquest, you gotta do it the hard way, as i'm sure you saw me trying to do many times in a tank...

abuC said:
You should be able to repair the crate like the Beta, considering most teams now just try to blow the thing up. It makes no sense that you can't repair it, the attackers can fly UAVs in, fire rockets at it, throw C4 on it etc, there's just too many ways to destroy it without the defense being able to repair it.
bah, if they're RPGing it, you'll get killed by the splash damage when repairing and if they're C4ing it, that only stops single guys, 2 people can 1 shot it.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
THEY CLIMBIN IN YOUR BASE, SNATCHIN YOUR CHOPPERS UP
TRYNA RAPE EM SO YALL NEED TO HIDE YOUR RECONS, HIDE YOUR MEDICS
HIDE YOUR RECONS, HIDE YOUR MEDICS, HIDE YOUR RECONS, HIDE YOUR MEDICS
AND HIDE YOUR ENGINEERS TO CUZ THEY RAPIN EVERYBODY OUT THERE

seriously, you had like 5000 points, and i was like 1000 behind and i had maybe 8 kills... just all those +50's for every kill you got in the Hind!

:lol I wish I had V WARHEAD equipped instead of V RELOAD, because I did lose a few people in my volleys. It was crazy, I couldn't see anyone and anyone I did see I was firing at (and either killing/nearly killing) them.

Edit: And while I'm remembering it, it was like KDR: 40 Kills 18 Deaths that round. So it was like... 2.22 or 22.2 KDR?

that A/B/A/B part was hilarious! but for me, the play of the day was on Isla Inocentes, when i was at our base trying to take out the Hind because it seemed like everyone else was doing it instead of attacking, then i push forward, die and it's time to spawn... who should i spawn on..WTF, SEK IS IN THE BACK OF THEIR BASE KILLING THE DUDES ON THE MGS :lol :lol :lol guess i'm spawning there!

Actually, that's a funny story: I followed an assault in to the rebar "hole" that is there near A. He's going to A, I slash the green gate part to stealth insert and maybe arm/blow the crate.

Sniper <Heavy MG> Dumbdudenotstealth.

If I was maybe... two-three steps ahead, I'd of been mown as well. I saw the MG fire going through the gate, I'm like "FUCK!" (step back step back) (MG winds down)

"Well, guess I'll take him out..."

(RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN to next green gate to hide, knife in, climb up)

"He didn't notice me!?"

TheSeks <Combat Knife> SomeLevel40-50ReconDude

(Faceless spawns)

"Oh, hi there!"

(runs to A and arm/blow)

it takes less of ... everything ... to destroy a crate. less C4, RPG's, mortars, grenades and bullets damage it! the light tanks are RIDICULOUS at close-mid range if you pace it. there are just as many tank sniping spots, though with the laser guided win bomb, that makes tanks a bit less dangerous at sniping. and while there are less Stationary AT spots that can hit the crates, there are more Grenade Launcher spots.

Yeah, but IIRC unless the C4 is directly placed on the crate (AKA: arming distance) it does less damage, as does the rockets. It may take slightly less than BC2's, but the cheese also doesn't do as crazy damage (partially because of no explosive ++ perk), so arming/holding is more easy/preferable to do than C4ing the thing.

it's super easy in Rush. you know the inlet everyone pulls up to when attacking the first A crate. directly across the stream from there, you can run up the hill. in Conquest, you gotta do it the hard way, as i'm sure you saw me trying to do many times in a tank...

Huh? You mean the other side of that base? I do know you dicking around in the Bradley trying to climb it and I'm like "THAT'S NOT WORKING. STOOOOOP~" but I see you up there... spawn: I'm like "HOLY FUCK" (trying to snipe but doing poorly because I'm not used to height/drop calculation up here).

Your sniping up there was insane. IIRC one other person on our squad was helping you up there. :lol

Jtrizzy

damn it felt good playing last night for the first time in a month or so. I'll probably stick with this till kz3 comes out.

You really surprised me last night popping out of nowhere :lol
Our team sucked balls, I can't believe we won on Laguna Presa.

It's like we had to fight the whole team ourselves.

Nameless

You know you're doing something right when members of the opposing team suddenly start using the gun you've been dealing justice upon their faces with.

Also a quick question. If you get disconnected from a game are your stats from said game saved? My connection is shit: Wireless router down stairs being picked up by my laptop which is tethered to my 360 for XBL. I get disconnected about 35% of the games I play and lag causes me to either die and/or miss kills a couple of time each game. :-/

Nameless said:
You know you're doing something right when members of the opposing team suddenly start using the gun you've been dealing justice upon their faces with.

Also a quick question. If you get disconnected from a game are your stats from said game saved? My connection is shit: Wireless router down stairs being picked up by my laptop which is tethered to my 360 for XBL. I get disconnected about 35% of the games I play and lag causes me to either die and/or miss kills a couple of time each game. :-/
yeah, if you get disconnected your stats are saved, you only lose them (usually 1.5 games' worth) if the server crashes. you can usually tell it's the server that crashed because it just goes to the title screen with no error message instead of "you have been disconnected".

i know because sometimes my ISP is shitty and i get disconnected over and over.

Nameless said:

What os are you using on your laptop?

No_Style

Pretty good games with GAF tonight. Did you know they try to balance the team with people who are not in squads? That's why I got shifted over after a round of Port Valdez.

Someone here said abuC is one of the best BC2 players around? I totally agree! After spending time tonight in squad with him (that's why I didn't accept the invite, Dreamgazer), that guy is a killing machine. Although he did revive me into another death once, but that's my fault for not using the mic. :lol

I might be taking a few days off BC2 to hopefully play some Halo: Reach. Shifting between FPSes is always a bit annoying.

It was frustrating on our end. Shitload of hit detection issues. 5-6 bullet from neck to head nope 1 shot from a shotgun that came after those shots won.

Crakatak187 said:
Almost had your tank but somehow you ran me over when I was drilling. I was at your side. That team was frustrating to be in.
yeah, ever since that last update a few months ago fixed roadkills, i've been running people over like crazy. all it takes is a moment! it's especially great when an enemy is repairing their tank and i just hop in and reverse over them.

Cornbread78

$hit, I haven't played with you guys in a couple weeks. Do you guys have any PSN room left? Str1ker and Green don't play BFBC2 much anymore, the Ba$tards :lol

olimpia84

Yeah, hit detection was horrible last night. It was pretty much impossible to win one-on-one situations.
I won't be able to play until Friday (or maybe Thursday night) so see you guys then.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
$hit, I haven't played with you guys in a couple weeks. Do you guys have any PSN room left? Str1ker and Green don't play BFBC2 much anymore, the Ba$tards :lol

i know, i know. i want to put my backlog keeps calling! :lol

Nameless

yeah, if you get disconnected your stats are saved, you only lose them (usually 1.5 games' worth) if the server crashes. you can usually tell it's the server that crashed because it just goes to the title screen with no error message instead of "you have been disconnected".

i know because sometimes my ISP is shitty and i get disconnected over and over.

That's good to know. The most frustrating thing is when log causes your shots to miss. I also have to knife someone 2-3 times sometimes before it registers your kill.

Mr Nightman said:
What os are you using on your laptop?

Vista.

I think using a crossover cable instead of the crappy little standard ethernet cable that came with my old router to connect the laptop to the 360 may help.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
Yeah, hit detection was horrible last night. It was pretty much impossible to win one-on-one situations.

What's funny is that it was fine when Faceless and myself played in the morning/early afternoon. I hopped on in the evening saw the lag/bullshit "my-shots-aren't-registering-despite-being-on-the-dude" happening, and went to BB/SSF4.

abuC

No_Style said:
Pretty good games with GAF tonight. Did you know they try to balance the team with people who are not in squads? That's why I got shifted over after a round of Port Valdez.

Someone here said abuC is one of the best BC2 players around? I totally agree! After spending time tonight in squad with him (that's why I didn't accept the invite, Dreamgazer), that guy is a killing machine. Although he did revive me into another death once, but that's my fault for not using the mic. :lol

I might be taking a few days off BC2 to hopefully play some Halo: Reach. Shifting between FPSes is always a bit annoying.

Thanks, and sorry about that :lol , I thought I could revive you and kill the guy at the same time, I shot him several times with the MG3, but since I was crouching he got me with a headshot.

I enjoy playing with Gaffers, I have a squad I normally run with, but it's nice to play with Team Gaf too.

1stStrike

Banned
You guys should check out my first official thread :eek:

I don't think there's a lot of hope of me getting back to BC2 at this point. Probably when the Vietnam expansion comes out, but now that it's fall all kinds of kick ass games are coming out :|

I do have a vent server setup (details in that thread) so feel free to join up whether you end up playing Vindictus or not. We can still just sit around and BS :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1stStrike said:
You guys should check out my first official thread :eek:

I don't think there's a lot of hope of me getting back to BC2 at this point. Probably when the Vietnam expansion comes out, but now that it's fall all kinds of kick ass games are coming out :|

I do have a vent server setup (details in that thread) so feel free to join up whether you end up playing Vindictus or not. We can still just sit around and BS :p
Congrats for the thread!!

TheSeks

1stStrike said:
It's actually F2P :[

Okay... edit it to "Ew... money scam that'll nickle and dime you until you realize you wasted $150 on a Korean MMO and Source engine. D:"

I don't really like MMOs, can you tell?

1stStrike

Banned
TheSeks said:
Okay... edit it to "Ew... money scam that'll nickle and dime you until you realize you wasted $150 on a Korean MMO and Source engine. D:"

I don't really like MMOs, can you tell?

lol yeah, I can tell :p I haven't found any I've liked in a long time. This one is really quite different, though. Won't hurt me try it out :)

Worst case scenario, I quit and start playing BC2 again so I can watch you suicide over and over and over and over :lol

Nameless said:

Yeah, when I was totally owning with my VSS Red Dot all of a sudden in mid match there were 3 peeps on the other team using it to kill me. Even though I died, it was good to know I was sharing the love of the best gun in the game.

Dabanton

Played Squad Deathmatch for the first time yesterday and it's pretty cool i had a good team so we got our 50 kills pretty easily.

I also played Onslaught again good fun really liked that night version of Atacama Desert. DICE needs to let us select that in Rush and Conquest whenever they do their next 'new' maps update.

abuC

Just played one of the most frustrating games ever in BC2, with one of the worst teams I have ever seen. Was just thoroughly dominated in Conquest mode on Arica harbor against a bunch of 20-30 ranked players. We started down the hill near A, my teammates never deemed A important, they were too busy trying to get B and C, which is beyond stupid. It of course resulted in the fall of B, and then C, and guess who was trapped in their spawn area. I had never been in a game where we were trapped in the spawn when both teams were at 12 a piece. Then, a bunch of guys were just sitting by A, not actually trying to secure it, just sitting really close but not close enough to actually do anything.

abuC said:
Just played one of the most frustrating games ever in BC2, with one of the worst teams I have ever seen. Was just thoroughly dominated in Conquest mode on Arica harbor against a bunch of 20-30 ranked players. We started down the hill near A, my teammates never deemed A important, they were too busy trying to get B and C, which is beyond stupid. It of course resulted in the fall of B, and then C, and guess who was trapped in their spawn area. I had never been in a game where we were trapped in the spawn when both teams were at 12 a piece. Then, a bunch of guys were just sitting by A, not actually trying to secure it, just sitting really close but not close enough to actually do anything.
that game was so sad... 3/4 of my squad was recon, and only 1 of them actually tried to cap bases, the other 2 either camped at the train near our starting base, or on the hill near the US base. *the entire game*

abuC

that game was so sad... 3/4 of my squad was recon, and only 1 of them actually tried to cap bases, the other 2 either camped at the train near our starting base, or on the hill near the US base. *the entire game*

I don't understand how they didn't realize A was important. I saw one guy just sitting near A, looking up at the hill near C, and he was an assault, I would have TK'd him and a bunch of other people if this were BC1.

Nameless said:
That's good to know. The most frustrating thing is when log causes your shots to miss. I also have to knife someone 2-3 times sometimes before it registers your kill.

Vista.

I think using a crossover cable instead of the crappy little standard ethernet cable that came with my old router to connect the laptop to the 360 may help.

Well with wireless on vista checs for new connections every 60 or so secs, causing a lag spike, lemme find a link to this software that stops that lag

Edit: here you go let me know if it works

vista anti lag link

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
As long as you play Twisted Metal when it comes out :D

I'm honestly on the fence about that. I really hope they put out a month online demo for me to try it and see. I like car combat games (and liked TM2) but I don't really like David Jaffe (nothing against him, just his games are hit/miss with me).

abuC said:

Now you know my frustration when most of GAF and half the public people in our games continue to attack ENEMY bases when OUR base close to our default spawn is FLASHING and requiring defense and I'm the only one there.

Seriously guys: If it's Conquest, PROTECT THE FLAGS NEAR YOUR SPAWN. There needs to be at least two people near each flag for the sign of trouble and mark them as "HELP ME DEFEND!" if you need the army. Only if the flags aren't blinking (or you're already at the enemy base taking it) should you not bother being there. Ugh.

Crakatak187 said:
Man I wish I can collapse that damn lighthouse or punch a shitload of holes into it.

The engine would crash trying to do the physics for that thing. But yes, it's the hugest disappointment of the game's release to not collapse that son-of-a-bitch when it's full of snipers camping there in the darkness. Fucking shit. :|

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Zh1nt0 said:
Further updates for Battlefield Bad Company 2:Vietnam will be out later on. Check back on the internetz for further info &#65532;

So yeah, Vietnam trailer today!

Top Bottom