• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

iam220

Played this game for the first time since I've got Starcraft 2. I'm loving the 24/7 atamaca desert with the 1000 ticket servers. It has to be my favorite conquest map ever. The perfect mix of infantry and vehicle battles.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The Faceless Master said:
some dude was beasting in the Hind and posted about it on EA UK forums

craaazy!
I swear I haven't seen a helicopter last more than a minute or two in the PC version, most attack helis seem to last about 30 seconds.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That heli rape has gotta be Atacama Conquest. There is no way in hell Rush would let you get 100+ kills unless you decide to wait until their last few tickets to let them push on for the four sets.

Conquest is more likely, but ticket bleed if they cap a flag. If no one does, this is possible. But why would they do that unles--

--Oh!

Boosters, thus nothing to be impressed about.

poppabk said:
I swear I haven't seen a helicopter last more than a minute or two in the PC version, most attack helis seem to last about 30 seconds.
You need Nightman to pilot that shit. Every time he does I get like 50 kills in it.

thefreshjive

Neo Member
TheSeks said:
That heli rape has gotta be Atacama Conquest. There is no way in hell Rush would let you get 100+ kills unless you decide to wait until their last few tickets to let them push on for the four sets.

Conquest is more likely, but ticket bleed if they cap a flag. If no one does, this is possible. But why would they do that unles--

--Oh!

Boosters, thus nothing to be impressed about.
This was done on Atacama Rush I believe where the Hind is available for the attackers which makes sense, just as long as the attacking team doesn't destroy all the mcoms or deplete their spawn tickets, the round can go on indefinitely. But with the availability of the VADS and the Hind's lack of agility, it either had to have been one hell of a pilot, or the defenders were just clueless...

poppabk said:

Yea I never see Heli's do anything on the PC version, they get instant raped and it seems often that people avoid them at all costs at times and leave them at the base.

What we usually do to effective destroy with the Hind in have our the other 2 guys in the squad sniper and mortar strike the VADS while also relaying info on when its down and such.

Once its down or the gunner has been shot off of it we then zip in. Once into the base the best idea is to not stray to far away from the gunner having a clear shot at it. Most times once you have the Hind in the base the enemy team will consistanly keep running to the VAD even if its destroyed. You can nab 15+ kills per base alone from guys who hang around the area of the VAD thinking there gonna hop in and get you.

General rule we use for the Hind is keep VAD destroyed first and foremost, don't go shooting at anything till the VAD is a smoking heap. Once the VADS down troops our first priority while still consistantly shooting at the VAD/surrounding area. Also I always say...Don't stop shooting,!! If your in the Hind or light attack chopper fire at buildings, unoccupied vehicles, areas you know people frequently hide etc... Nothing is worse then a gunner who acts like the bullets will run out and doesn't shoot till he thinks he sees something. The reload is minimal, excellent way to get 2.0 kills, pre-damage vehicles helps team and limits enemys movement and attack abilities, and a lot of time random shots in areas show hit detection thus showing you hiding spots. Plus this constant barrage in my opinion psychologically fucks with them and keeps them scrambling, rain hell on them!!!!
For the love of god also, please gunners stop bellyaching about "stop moving around so fast and such I can't aim and I'm getting sicks!!!" A Heli that isn't doing figure 8's, donuts, etc... is a sitting duck lol.

With any level or chopper type tho I think the best idea is have your two ground pounder squadies adamantly aimed at destroying the VADS/Gunner in it, destroying the tank with the AA gun atop it, and mostly relaying info on when these objects have spawned or are occupied. A Heli given the chance to lay waste to an area provides ground units a ton of support.

What Vehicle perks do you guys use btw for the Heli's? I haven't found one me and my gunner favor just yet. I rarely use the Lock-on missle for the light Heli, mostly I will use Extra War Head Damage. I find it it really helps layout enemy armor, buildings, and puts a huge smack on air 2 air fights. My light gunner will usually use Optics or +Armor, think the Armor stacks? For the Hind I usually go with Smoke, I think the flares knock off tracers. I'm actually not sure what fits best for Hind piloting...
My Hind Gunner will usually choose +Dmg or Optics.
The perks are confusing cause I still can't figure what and which do stack and what's best, kind of switch it up a ton. Only thing we don't really do is Alt fire, while the single missle is awesome the other perks seem so much more useful.

Why have optics when you are a gunner in an attack chopper. It already zooms in. I can't fly for shit but I'm a gunner for JM. I pack either warheads or quick reload, alternate fire if he needs missiles.

Crakatak187 said:
Why have optics when you are a gunner in an attack chopper. It already zooms in. I can't fly for shit but I'm a gunner for JM. I pack either warheads or quick reload, alternate fire if he needs missiles.

Most likely cause my buddies an idiot lol. He says he can see "farther" which I had sincerely doubted. But me having almost never gunned and still wondering about the specifics of what's usefull or what stacks I always just shrugged it off and let him do what he wanted.

Pkm said:
Most likely cause my buddies an idiot lol. He says he can see "farther" which I had sincerely doubted. But me having almost never gunned and still wondering about the specifics of what's usefull or what stacks I always just shrugged it off and let him do what he wanted.
i'm pretty sure that optics does nothing. i've forgotten it on a few times and there's no benefit that i can remember.

somnific

i'm pretty sure that optics does nothing. i've forgotten it on a few times and there's no benefit that i can remember.
i would concur with this statement. optics is usually my default since it's so useful in a tank or UAV, but whenever i jump into a blackhawk it's been pretty useless. there might be a benefit if you're the pilot in the apache, but it's been so long since i've jumped into one that i might be remembering it incorrectly.

somnific said:
i would concur with this statement. optics is usually my default since it's so useful in a tank or UAV, but whenever i jump into a blackhawk it's been pretty useless. there might be a benefit if you're the pilot in the apache, but it's been so long since i've jumped into one that i might be remembering it incorrectly.

Yup, you guys are correct. Now I can go yell at my buddy for wasting a spec :)
Also, spending 5 minutes Googling vehicle specs, like I should have weeks ago, I found some great vehicle guides on stacking etc..

Some speculation to on vehicle specs retaing to the vehicle when a person/passenger exits, highly doubt it tho being true.

TheSeks

I hate the Special Victim's Unit, even with Mariska Hargitay slapped on it, it doesn't have a killing speed worth a damn.

That said: Special Victim's Unit Gold Star 1. Time to "cancel" it and "pilot" the VSS.

</TV references>

VSS in the hands of a good shooter is pretty good. I haven't tried it without Magnum Ammo slapped on it yet to see the difference in speed, but it can be a decent assault rifle. I got like six-seven kills without dying against assaults. You gotta have a steady hand and nerves of steel with quick scoping for it because you can't no-scope/hip fire it worth a damn.

Time to silver/gold it and then finish the SV98 and go back to my waifu Sniper: GOL SNIPER MAGNUM.

Pkm said:
Yup, you guys are correct. Now I can go yell at my buddy for wasting a spec :)
Also, spending 5 minutes Googling vehicle specs, like I should have weeks ago, I found some great vehicle guides on stacking etc..

Some speculation to on vehicle specs retaing to the vehicle when a person/passenger exits, highly doubt it tho being true.
nothing is retained when someone exits a vehicle. even the 'vehicle armor' spec is just a damage reduction calculated at time of impact.

abuC said:
Played a bunch of good games with Faceless and Olimpia.
oh man... my friend and his friend joined that game and i went in their squad for a few games, and everything was going fine until they got in an argument because one of them had the other one boxed into a corner and couldn't move and they got killed. so they started arguing with each other and quit. i was at a loss for words.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Played for 30 minutes got 36 kills with no deaths. I'm going to keep that record in my history.

Crak you coming back tonight? Since the Move controller is taking years to charge, I may just go into BC2 for a while.

somnific

TheSeks said:
I hate the Special Victim's Unit, even with Mariska Hargitay slapped on it, it doesn't have a killing speed worth a damn.
i used to love the SVU in BC1 and was my go to sniper gun. with the bullet drop, massive recoil, and killcam additions i find myself hardly using it in BC2.

i just looked up my stats, while i have 3271 kills with the SVU in BC1, i only have 39 kills with it in BC2.

U2NUMB

I have an extra VIP code for the PS3. If anyone who really is into the game would like it PM me and its yours.

Edit: Gone

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally got my last achievement, Valparaiso Onslaught on hardcore. For the first time in almost 2 weeks I was actually able to find a game and unlike last time, I wasn't booted 5 seconds before capturing the last flag. :lol

Got this for the PC a few days ago as I've soured on the Modern Warfare series. I am VERY content with that decision.

I hadn't even realized the game had destructible environments until my 10th game or so I think I was in a conquest battle on a desert map. I was heading on foot to a capture point when I see a helicopter in the skies get shot down, spinning and descending until it crashed into a building destroying it and giving a monster explosion. I was blown away. FUCKING EPIC.

This game really shows how aged the MW engine is. Makes MW2 feel like it's a generation behind. I'm trying to convert some of my MW buds to this game.

TheSeks

Outdoor Miner said:
This game really shows how aged the MW engine is. Makes MW2 feel like it's a generation behind. I'm trying to convert some of my MW buds to this game.

Another sheep comes back to the flock. Welcome home, my brother. (Or whatever Mr. Snrub would say)

i used to love the SVU in BC1 and was my go to sniper gun. with the bullet drop, massive recoil, and killcam additions i find myself hardly using it in BC2.

I don't notice bullet drop or recoil on it. I do, however, notice the FUCKING DISMAL DAMAGE it does. 5 bullets to down someone with an auto-sniper and firing fast still isn't enough. WTF. :|

Just popped BC2 back into my PS3 for the first time in a few months. WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY STATS EA???? Has anyone else had any issues with their stats resetting recently?

Marvie_3

Banned
Mystagogue said:
Just popped BC2 back into my PS3 for the first time in a few months. WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY STATS EA???? Has anyone else had any issues with their stats resetting recently?
It's been happening a lot lately it seems.

Nemic77

Mystagogue said:

Same thing here. Will they reappear later on, or are they really gone?

yeah, i dunno why, but stats servers have been down for a few hours every sunday for a few weeks now. EA/DICE hasn't commented on it other than zh1nt0 saying he'll look into it when he's at work. stats and unlocks will be back when the stats servers are up again.

TheSeks said:
Another sheep comes back to the flock. Welcome home, my brother. (Or whatever Mr. Snrub would say)

I don't notice bullet drop or recoil on it. I do, however, notice the FUCKING DISMAL DAMAGE it does. 5 bullets to down someone with an auto-sniper and firing fast still isn't enough. WTF. :|
so use it in BC1 :p

TheSeks

so use it in BC1 :p

Why do that when I have the Q3A railgun with the sound of thunder/M95 unlocked in BC1? :lol

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
I'll play tonight probably. I try to avoid weekends now. Weekdays are more fun since there are less idiots on.

I'll be on Monday and Tuesday.

Schedule me down for the usual 8PM PT appointment. :lol

abuC

Played a lot with Faceless and dreamgazer yesterday, I'd say half the games ended with the other team trapped in their spawn :lol

TheSeks

abuC said:
Played a lot with Faceless and dreamgazer yesterday, I'd say half the games ended with the other team trapped in their spawn :lol

Yeah, I joined you guys in the early evening. You and Faceless and the whole team versus 2-4 enemies at a time.

I left after you guys left and just went to Blazblue. Didn't want to bother with "LOL SERVER FULL" trying to join you. :/

abuC said:
Weekend Battlefield!

gotta love when you're so deep in their spawn on Laguna Alta that people are trying to knife them on spawn at the one location they all appear at.

i still can't believe that one game we won when we came back from being like 100 tickets down because the rest of our team decided not to cap bases anymore and concentrate on sniping instead, and the other one on white pass where we came back from like 70 down and almost won... omg ticket count is 0-0 who is gonna win?! you win! wait, fucking bradleys rolling across the bridge, nooooooooooo!

abuC

Weekend Battlefield!

gotta love when you're so deep in their spawn on Laguna Alta that people are trying to knife them on spawn at the one location they all appear at.

i still can't believe that one game we won when we came back from being like 100 tickets down because the rest of our team decided not to cap bases anymore and concentrate on sniping instead, and the other one on white pass where we came back from like 70 down and almost won... omg ticket count is 0-0 who is gonna win?! you win! wait, fucking bradleys rolling across the bridge, nooooooooooo!
That game on white pass annoyed me with how we lost, how can it be 0-0 and they get the W. That other game on Port Valdez was a close one, I think it turned when we were in the helicopter, they couldn't do a thing.

Im in a good groove, been averaging 350spm the last week :D

Fun games tonight after we switched to a competent team. Isla was the highlight with the chopper rape. The way we bailed out of the transport to steal the Apache was :lol

JM you should have seen the game after you left. I kept on team killing the guy who kept Quad C4ing. I think I killed him around 5-6 times. Yet he wouldn't stop :lol

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Fun games tonight after we switched to a competent team. Isla was the highlight with the chopper rape. The way we bailed out of the transport to steal the Apache was :lol

JM you should have seen the game after you left. I kept on team killing the guy who kept Quad C4ing. I think I killed him around 5-6 times. Yet he wouldn't stop :lol

:lol :lol That's awesome. Did you get any hate mail for that?

Yeah, Isla was so awesome tonight. Normally I don't care for that map, but I don't think I've ever seen a Blackhawk so deadly before. All I did was fly the entire time, but it was so fun!

Nope that guy was like a freaking robot. He kept on doing it. He escaped my wrath 2 times. Lucky bastard :lol

No hatemail, disappointing really :lol

That Isla blackhawk game was pretty hilarious. I can't believe they didn't shot us down and we were keeping the entire team at bay :lol

This is probably not news to you all so I will paraphrase the Source:

"NPD Group said on Monday that during the first six months of this year in the U.S., BFBC2 sold 11.2 million digital units vs. 8.2 million physical units."

Cuban Legend said:

"NPD Group said on Monday that during the first six months of this year in the U.S., BFBC2 sold 11.2 million digital units vs. 8.2 million physical units."
your paraphrase nothing like the article.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:

:lol :lol :lol

Cuban, I like you a lot, but you need to read the article.

olimpia84

That rush team we were in last night was pretty bad. We had 10-12 players in the team at all times but every time I paused the game only 5 or 6 would show up in the map moving and helping the team.

Top Bottom