• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

(._.)

Banned
Oh yes, everything in my pb folder was up to date. I just redid it for a second time just now to make sure I didn't miss anything. It seems to be working now. Maybe I missed a file or something. Thanks for the feedback.

(._.) said:
Oh yes, everything in my pb folder was up to date. I just redid it for a second time just now to make sure I didn't miss anything. It seems to be working now. Maybe I missed a file or something. Thanks for the feedback.
Don't forget to run the game as admin under properties I believe, as that can cause some problems too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Faceless, h, Faceless. Where art thou? I wanted to play this morning but you weren't playing but in BC2 all the same. :(

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, i forgot the PS3 on.. i've been trying to avoid doing that lately!

:(

You should turn the PS3 on and help me steamroll teams right now. :(

Deware80

Banned
Hey Gaf, been play been playing bfbc2 on ps3 since it was released, but I'm getting thee 360 version now (I love custom soundtracks in multi!) Any 360 players want to add me, I think im pretty good:lol GT is LEGGZZZZ

And for my ps3 players. psn username is killzone_09 (All on my profile as well)

Please add me!:D

Deware80 said:
Hey Gaf, been play been playing bfbc2 on ps3 since it was released, but I'm getting thee 360 version now (I love custom soundtracks in multi!) Any 360 players want to add me, I think im pretty good:lol GT is LEGGZZZZ

And for my ps3 players. psn username is killzone_09 (All on my profile as well)

Please add me!:D
bad time to switch to 360, most of 'em are playing Reach.

TheSeks

Well, at least he doesn't have to deal with MA-douches surely?

Deware80

Banned

nahhh, I'm there is definitely a decrease from Reach being released, but there should still be a playable community tho. I bought reach and while in some ways the multi is better, in many other ways its not (even though BFBC2 is far from perfect as well) I'll probably be switching between the two anyway, until castlevania releases, so its all good. Add me if you want.

TheSeks

endlessflood said:
Anyone else desperate for some new maps? I'm starting to get bored with the BFBC2 maps and I'm still 5 levels off hitting 50 :(

Not really. All I need is a fucking Arica Conquest/Rush Nelson Bay Conquest map rotation server, and I'd be happy forever.

Also "Uber_Nooberful" is a fucking asshole that needs to be stabbed in the face repeatedly. If you don't like Nelson Bay Rush, here's a PROTIP: FUCKING LEAVE. Don't destroy the defending objectives if you're on the defending team. Some of us are wanting to PLAY AND WIN. Not PLAY AND LOSE AND LOL HOPE TO GET TO THE NEXT MAP FASTER.

Asshole. >:|

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Not really. All I need is a fucking Arica Conquest/Rush Nelson Bay Conquest map rotation server, and I'd be happy forever.

Also "Uber_Nooberful" is a fucking asshole that needs to be stabbed in the face repeatedly. If you don't like Nelson Bay Rush, here's a PROTIP: FUCKING LEAVE. Don't destroy the defending objectives if you're on the defending team. Some of us are wanting to PLAY AND WIN. Not PLAY AND LOSE AND LOL HOPE TO GET TO THE NEXT MAP FASTER.

Had someone doing that the other night when we were playing on Isla.

I just started shooting his C4 as he planted it and made him suicide.

endlessflood said:
Anyone else desperate for some new maps? I'm starting to get bored with the BFBC2 maps and I'm still 5 levels off hitting 50 :(
i would welcome new maps with open arms, but desperate? nope. i'm still constantly coming up with and finding out all sorts of new tricks to do and refining the old ones. i mainly want new maps because so many other people seem to need them to keep playing...

TheSeks said:

oh, so that's what happened. i was too busy gardening in the back for that section of the map.

UFRA said:
Had someone doing that the other night when we were playing on Isla.

I just started shooting his C4 as he planted it and made him suicide.
You were playing the other night? Post on Gaf when you are playing so I know early on :lol

TheSeks

i would welcome new maps with open arms, but desperate? nope. i'm still constantly coming up with and finding out all sorts of new tricks to do and refining the old ones. i mainly want new maps because so many other people seem to need them to keep playing....

I did learn your trick in Port Valadez today. And maybe you learned my stealth insertion for the team (protip: you can get around the whole base provided you know how to avoid suicide this way. YES IT'S POSSIBLE, you saw me do this), which helped you one time as a mobile spawn point and the other (current) one where you spawn on me, climb up. Dream spawns on you, you take out the site. Helicopter/Apache spawns. You both drop. I help Dream (who is taking fire from two dudes while in there) get away while you die, you spawn on him. Proceed to lay waste for Base 3, only to be taken out at Base 4. Clear the server when we take Base 4 somehow I dunno. I wasn't there for long, having to hoof it from Base 2's UAV there.

oh, so that's what happened. i was too busy gardening in the back for that section of the map.

:lol :lol Speaking of Gardening, I did that for first set defense one time. They get past. The take the second (after me doing that again). I'm like "FUCK YOU, YOU ASSHOLES! I'M NOT LETTING YOU PASS THIS TIME!" Clear out any tree near the choke point AND AROUND THE BASE (with the exception of the back). Get in the neglected bradley. Take out the ATV coming down the road. You get in, gunner. I sit there and V RELOAD the chokepoint while we slowly killed them.

Oh, and layed waste in the tank on Arica Rush until that dude got around and ass fucked us because I didn't notice in time. And then he killed you once when he went under the bridge and I didn't notice he was on the other side until he killed me. Damn me and my deafness. :|

Also :lol @ being the top player in White Pass Rush. Medic + H/R++ = point vacuum.

Also it's 3AM here. Holy shit. We started at like 8 or 9? Screw Civ. Battlefield is my "JUST ONE MORE ROUND" game. :lol :lol :lol

TheSeks said:
I did learn your trick in Port Valadez today. And maybe you learned my stealth insertion for the team (protip: you can get around the whole base provided you know how to avoid suicide this way. YES IT'S POSSIBLE, you saw me do this), which helped you one time as a mobile spawn point and the other (current) one where you spawn on me, climb up. Dream spawns on you, you take out the site. Helicopter/Apache spawns. You both drop. I help Dream (who is taking fire from two dudes while in there) get away while you die, you spawn on him. Proceed to lay waste for Base 3, only to be taken out at Base 4. Clear the server when we take Base 4 somehow I dunno. I wasn't there for long, having to hoof it from Base 2's UAV there.
yeah, i've done that before, but i usually only use it on tough teams cuz it takes so long to go all the way around. if i'm playing a team that just lets me drive the Vodnik right into B, i will. Yeah, in the Apache we got Carled by a straggler, lucky shot really. i think people bailed after that because we had 3 tanks in their base shooting up everything, crates armed, bodies everywhere (yep, they left the Bradley with 100 health in base 3 when they fell back!)

:lol :lol Speaking of Gardening, I did that for first set defense one time. They get past. The take the second (after me doing that again). I'm like "FUCK YOU, YOU ASSHOLES! I'M NOT LETTING YOU PASS THIS TIME!" Clear out any tree near the choke point AND AROUND THE BASE (with the exception of the back). Get in the neglected bradley. Take out the ATV coming down the road. You get in, gunner. I sit there and V RELOAD the chokepoint while we slowly killed them.

Oh, and layed waste in the tank on Arica Rush until that dude got around and ass fucked us because I didn't notice in time. And then he killed you once when he went under the bridge and I didn't notice he was on the other side until he killed me. Damn me and my deafness. :|

Also :lol @ being the top player in White Pass Rush. Medic + H/R++ = point vacuum.

Also it's 3AM here. Holy shit. We started at like 8 or 9? Screw Civ. Battlefield is my "JUST ONE MORE ROUND" game. :lol :lol :lol
yeah that dude on Arica was dedicated! i mean came all the way out there twice just to get the tank! i still can't believe we won that White Pass Rush game on defense, they had like six dudes on the roof (including 2 medics!) and still didn't manage to take A!

TheSeks

yeah, i've done that before, but i usually only use it on tough teams cuz it takes so long to go all the way around. if i'm playing a team that just lets me drive the Vodnik right into B, i will. Yeah, in the Apache we got Carled by a straggler, lucky shot really. i think people bailed after that because we had 3 tanks in their base shooting up everything, crates armed, bodies everywhere (yep, they left the Bradley with 100 health in base 3 when they fell back!)

yeah that dude on Arica was dedicated! i mean came all the way out there twice just to get the tank! i still can't believe we won that White Pass Rush game on defense, they had like six dudes on the roof (including 2 medics!) and still didn't manage to take A!

Eh, it takes a while but generally it helps the team. That and no one expects the Stealth Inquisition on their snipers that set up shop there. :lol

Also learned a good little snipe spot near there. It's under the four "tanks." You can get a pretty good view of the action up the hill from there.

i still can't believe we won that White Pass Rush game on defense, they had like six dudes on the roof (including 2 medics!) and still didn't manage to take A!

Yeah, I get killed when they started climbing up there. I'm like "GUYS! GUYS!? THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THE ROOF!"

Try C4ing them under them, no dice. Someone gets up there (Dream, I think?) and clears them out and we kept them out of the base at that point.

That said:

SQUAD HEAL +20
HEAL +10
SQUAD DEFENSE BONUS +30
SQUAD HEAL +20
HEAL +10
SQUAD DEFENSE BONUS +30
SQUAD HEAL +20
HEAL +10
SQUAD DEFENSE BONUS +30
SQUAD HEAL +20
HEAL +10
SQUAD DEFENSE BONUS +30
KILLING AN ENEMY +50
SQUAD HEAL +20
HEAL +10
SQUAD DEFENSE BONUS +30
SQUAD HEAL +20
HEAL +10
SQUAD DEFENSE BONUS +30
REVIVE +50
REVIVE +50
HEAL +10
SQUAD HEAL +20
SQUAD DEFENSE BONUS +30

I had a good literal 2-5 minutes of nothing but points being spammed on my screen when I did nothing but throw out a health pack at A and take out a couple of dudes, camp A and throw out packs. LITERALLY NOTHING.

I'm like "when will it end!?" :lol

i would welcome new maps with open arms, but desperate? nope. i'm still constantly coming up with and finding out all sorts of new tricks to do and refining the old ones. i mainly want new maps because so many other people seem to need them to keep playing...

I just need something different. After 270 odd hours (a lot less than many of the guys on my friends list, I know) I just need some new stuff. I'm not really into C4'ing objectives and that's what Rush is solely about now, and Conquest is more of a deathmatch and while that's good, for me it's not enough.

TheSeks

endlessflood said:
I just need something different. After 270 odd hours (a lot less than many of the guys on my friends list, I know) I just need some new stuff. I'm not really into C4'ing objectives and that's what Rush is solely about now, and Conquest is more of a deathmatch and while that's good, for me it's not enough.

Wait until Vietnam's expansion and attempt the new trophy/achievements while leveling to 50?

I'm about to hit 42 and yeah, the grind to 50 is starting to wear thin, but I'm not really tired of the maps. I don't give a fuck about a majority of them, hate a few (mostly because they blind me in sniper/gunner or are dark as fuck which makes disabled ol' me have an uphill battle compared to others), but I could play Arica Rush (without cheese) or Conquest any day of the week.

We need more urban maps, man. :lol Taking down city blocks would be fun.

I have been playing this game for a couple of weeks now and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. When I'm on a good team that's objective orientated I have a ball, but if I'm caught in a game where everyone decides to play team death match I can't stand it. Even then I'll try to somehow sneak in and take a base/activate a charge but no one ever spawns on me to back me up because they're too busy firing off sniper rounds from 500m away and missing 98% of the time. This wouldn't bother me so much if this was a rare occurrence but at least half of the games I play end up like that.

While not nearly as bad as the Left 4 Dead community, a lot of the people who play this game are terrible people.

I can safely say I'm going to play BFBC2 until the next console Battlefield comes out. Right now I'm player Vindictus with Strike and them until the beta is over. That doesn't mean I won't hop on though. Just less per week. I'll definitely be on when JM is going to play Tues and Weds usually. I'll play tomorrow if I can have the TV time.

I'm avoiding weekends though. I hate weekends idiots.

TheSeks said:
Wait until Vietnam's expansion and attempt the new trophy/achievements while leveling to 50?
I can't wait for Vietnam but that could be as late as February... I really hope the rumours of more map packs are real and not just somebody on the internet making shit up.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
official twitter account just asked what is your favourite BF map ever. I responded "Oasis". Let's get it remaked people!!!

TheSeks

endlessflood said:
I can't wait for Vietnam but that could be as late as February... I really hope the rumours of more map packs are real and not just somebody on the internet making shit up.

Uh, Vietnam is coming in October or Novermber, dude. Unless EA delayed it.

subversus said:
official twitter account just asked what is your favourite BF map ever. I responded "Oasis". Let's get it remaked people!!!

Pffft. Deconstruction, bitch.

somnific

subversus said:
that's awesome! out of the larger maps, i'd love for either oasis or harvest day. of the smaller maps, i'd love ascension.

I only hate the Jaggies in this game. Other than that I am in love. I am not very good - getting better.

Halo Reach came out and its really good - I will get back to this game soon.

subversus

Stallion Free said:
I think the only two options they can view are Karkand and Wake Island. BC2 is desperately in need of it's version of Wake Island :lol

yeah.... :(

Yeah.... :(

But after all, I play mostly with random people...

Also, End of the line would be cool, but Over and Out with the D2.0 would be awesome.

i really love Ascension. Deconstruction, Over and Out and Final Ignition are cool, but Ascension is my favorite small map in BC1.

when it comes to big maps, it's harder, because i really like Oasis, Harvest Day and End of the Line. i like Valley Run too, but not as much as those three.

the only map i didn't like that much was Crossing Over. it almost seemed like it was too big :lol :lol :lol Acta Non Verba, Ghost Town and Par for the Course were cool.

i should reply with Harvest Day since it's a big map with no choppers...

subversus

i should reply with Harvest Day since it's a big map with no choppers...

Harvest Day'd be cool too. Loved airstriking snipers in the hills near the first base.

But I'm afraid we'll get Karkand in the end :lol

subversus

Stallion Free said:
It's easily the best map that Dice has ever made so I don't see what's wrong with that. There is a reason it has so many 24/7 servers in BF2.

it's just not my favourite one. I was too late to BF2 party.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
subversus said:
it's just not my favourite one. I was too late to BF2 party.
All you missed out on was a badass grenade launcher on the assault class that got nerfed pretty soon after release and a shitload of dolphin diving. There were still tons of servers full going when I last played.

TheSeks

LOL 10-5 KDR with the SEGA Saiga shotgun. Olimpia, Dan, and I take B White Pass. I proceed to own faces with non-buckshot, non-buffed shotgun and the server clears after we retake A/B from them. :lol

Edit: Server clear #2.

REINFORCEMENTS!

Server clear #3 same game.

Stallion Free said:
I think the only two options they can view are Karkand and Wake Island. BC2 is desperately in need of it's version of Wake Island :lol
Wake Island Rush would be interesting...they would need to make some tweaks though or else wookie usage would spring up 400%. Eg: cargo crates, rusted ships, etc in the way of first base campers shooting across the sea.

(._.)

Banned
So I have been finally playing this online thanks to some help from the people in this thread (thanks again). Anybody else get a little distracted by the graphics when playing online? They are really detailed and it makes it a bit hard for me to focus while playing. I may turn them down so I can play better.

(._.) said:
So I have been finally playing this online thanks to some help from the people in this thread (thanks again). Anybody else get a little distracted by the graphics when playing online? They are really detailed and it makes it a bit hard for me to focus while playing. I may turn them down so I can play better.
:lol I know how you feel. I went through the same thing. You get used to it though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hey boys

just bought bc2 on pc and I was wondering if there's somekind of tweakguide to get better performance online. I really want my fps to stay at 60 online but when shit's flying everywhere it does dip noticeably.

thx

edit :

I did turn on / off HBAO and I thought the difference was soo negligable that I'd turn it off regardless of impact. Also I heard wartapes can fuck with your cpu, so I guess that has to go.

olimpia84

While playing Conquest with AbuC and danthaman today in Panama Canal I saw one of the funniest things ever in my BC2 playing time. We managed to get all the flags and we pinned the opposing team in their own spawn so when I run there to get some kills I see this Abram heavy tank (with a driver inside) fly upward about 500 feet in the sky doing about 3 perfect frontflips. I guess somebody put a bunch of AT mines that sent the tank flying up in the air but the funny thing is that after the last flip the tank landed perfectly again and the driver started to move the tank. I don't know how in the world the tank didn't blow up previously; I wish I could a replay of that from the driver's POV :D

TheSeks

LOL JC clan left in Panama Canal after we come back from behind to take all the bases.

NeoParadigm left after getting on the enemy team and being base raped in Port Valadez Conquest.

Now we're doing a third server clear out on the fall Laguna map (forgetting it's name). :lol

I can't get any points when playing with GAF, I swear. :lol

Server clear #4, 5, and 6. God, GAF. :lol

Top Bottom