• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
oh wow what a pleasant surprise. I sold my 360copy a couple of weeks ago and now I stumbled upon the pc-version ( direct2drive ) for a measely 12£ or so. Wooohoo

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
abuC said:
Im really starting to hate Rush mode, it's god awful half the time.

Subliminal message: Play Conquest. Play Conquest. Play Conquest. Play Conquest.

Are you playing Conquest yet? It's the only right answer while making Crack cry as he's the only hold out for that mode anymore.

I hate trying to join Faceless only to get "LOL SERVER FULL" messages. *sigh* It's why I've been playing SSF4 and BB:CS this past week. I can't stand playing public games on Rush (if Faceless is playing it) or Conquest (which I can play, but don't really like playing without someone on GAF in my squad so I know someone COMPETENT is at least there to spawn on) anymore.

I've got like 37 kills with the M95 non SPECACT and 104 kills for the 98 sniper gold star left and then I have all the main guns with the exception of the scoped LMG Medic gun gold starred. It's a matter of pistols and shotguns left for those.

UFRA

Cuban Legend said:
This is probably not news to you all so I will paraphrase the Source:

"NPD Group said on Monday that during the first six months of this year in the U.S., BFBC2 sold 11.2 million digital units vs. 8.2 million physical units."

Everything in your paraphrase is accurate except for one minor detail.

It wasn't just BC2 that sold that many, it was PC games in general. ;)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Marvie_3 said:
Yeah it is. I haven't played Rush for awhile now. I just stick to Conquest most of the time.
I love rush, my experience with conquest on PC has been less than stellar. I played a few games on atacama desert PC the other day where the enemy were constantly camping our base, making respawn a pain in the ass - while we were holding all of the checkpoints. They did this multiple games in a row, losing each time.

My apologies fellows, I got a bit excited for our beloved BFBC2.
281akc8zjbq.gif

TheSeks said:
Subliminal message: Play Conquest. Play Conquest. Play Conquest. Play Conquest.

Are you playing Conquest yet? It's the only right answer while making Crack cry as he's the only hold out for that mode anymore.
don't worry Crak, i won't leave you hanging, i still love Rush.

I hate trying to join Faceless only to get "LOL SERVER FULL" messages. *sigh* It's why I've been playing SSF4 and BB:CS this past week. I can't stand playing public games on Rush (if Faceless is playing it) or Conquest (which I can play, but don't really like playing without someone on GAF in my squad so I know someone COMPETENT is at least there to spawn on) anymore.

I've got like 37 kills with the M95 non SPECACT and 104 kills for the 98 sniper gold star left and then I have all the main guns with the exception of the scoped LMG Medic gun gold starred. It's a matter of pistols and shotguns left for those.
send me a message if the game is full! don't worry, i won't use the new reporting tool :D

BoltzmannBrain

Neo Member
Anyone help with this problem? My brother just bought the game and we can't seem to join each others games? We've tried every possible way, like joining games in progress, partying up in the "play with friends" screen and it's always not allowing us saying stuff about not being able to connect to EA servers. Both our NAT settings are open. The only reason I can think of is that he doesn't have the VIP access, but we've made sure to choose maps that aren't part of the VIP thing. And it doesn't make sense that this would limit me being able to join games that he is already in.

We're on Xbox 360, the error message is"No games available at this moment, Failed to connect to EA online, please try again". But there are always spaces, and we can both connect to separate games perfectly fine.

BoltzmannBrain said:
Anyone help with this problem? My brother just bought the game and we can't seem to join each others games? We've tried every possible way, like joining games in progress, partying up in the "play with friends" screen and it's always not allowing us saying stuff about not being able to connect to EA servers. Both our NAT settings are open. The only reason I can think of is that he doesn't have the VIP access, but we've made sure to choose maps that aren't part of the VIP thing. And it doesn't make sense that this would limit me being able to join games that he is already in.

We're on Xbox 360, the error message is"No games available at this moment, Failed to connect to EA online, please try again". But there are always spaces, and we can both connect to separate games perfectly fine.
that's quite strange, you should post it on the EA UK forums or tweet someone from dice

Rush isn't that bad anymore on the PC (western US servers). Crate bashing and C4 shitting is all but dead. The only time I see it going on is usually some douche bag clan. I've seen other clans only setting the charge as of late, which is shocking. Maybe they got bored of C4 shitting, which admittedly does get old and defending the charge from waves of people is a lot more satisfying and authentic. And I haven't seen people putting mines on them in months. I still wish they'd change it up a bit.

Having said that, the next time I play it's going to be nothing but crate bashing just to piss me off. Just you watch. :lol

Oh, and I did get a triple D2.0 kill yesterday. :)

The Faceless Master said:
that's quite strange, you should post it on the EA UK forums or tweet someone from dice
For some reason my friend and I were having this issue on Reach. We could get paired like 1 in 40 tries. I went into my router and DMZ was off, so I enabled it. We've been connecting flawlessly since.

olimpia84 said:
That rush team we were in last night was pretty bad. We had 10-12 players in the team at all times but every time I paused the game only 5 or 6 would show up in the map moving and helping the team.
Yeah after our squad dies the opposing team double arms the M-COM and of course it was impossible to face 10 guys with 4.

I wouldn't mind if Gaf plays nothing but conquest really. I got a few that will join my rush games.

Mr Sandman said:
Rush isn't that bad anymore on the PC (western US servers). Crate bashing and C4 shitting is all but dead. The only time I see it going on is usually some douche bag clan. I've seen other clans only setting the charge as of late, which is shocking. Maybe they got bored of C4 shitting, which admittedly does get old and defending the charge from waves of people is a lot more satisfying and authentic. And I haven't seen people putting mines on them in months. I still wish they'd change it up a bit.

Having said that, the next time I play it's going to be nothing but crate bashing just to piss me off. Just you watch. :lol

Oh, and I did get a triple D2.0 kill yesterday. :)

For some reason my friend and I were having this issue on Reach. We could get paired like 1 in 40 tries. I went into my router and DMZ was off, so I enabled it. We've been connecting flawlessly since.
on console, it seems to be an unwritten rule where "if you don't, we won't", but once someone starts the ball rolling, the shit hits the fan.

i've gotten a few D2.0's recently, and got caught a couple of times. once on White Pass Conquest, i was behind the green garbage bin by one of the B Buldings and somehow i got D2.0'd from there despite being OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING!!! another time, i was in the roof of the 2nd B building with some other people, throwing grenades down the stairs while the crate was armed and someone D2.0'd the building.

Man if I ever get in a game with a douchebag cheesing clan and I'm on their team, I'm going to make them suicide like crazy. Before I said I would make all Cheesers pay, I'm going to do it a lot more now.

I can't wait to see a teammate do UAV C4 and blow their ass up all 2 of them while they are setting c4. I don't see much anymore but when I do it's mayhem.

Crakatak187 said:
Man if I ever get in a game with a douchebag cheesing clan and I'm on their team, I'm going to make them suicide like crazy. Before I said I would make all Cheesers pay, I'm going to do it a lot more now.

I can't wait to see a teammate do UAV C4 and blow their ass up all 2 of them while they are setting c4. I don't see much anymore but when I do it's mayhem.
i was playing BC1 last night on a friend's PSN to boost his veteran rank, and before you even get to play multiplayer, a training video plays, and before they even mention arming the crate, they mention damaging the crate with weapons. it's by design!

i was playing BC1 last night on a friend's PSN to boost his veteran rank, and before you even get to play multiplayer, a training video plays, and before they even mention arming the crate, they mention damaging the crate with weapons. it's by design!
That won't make me spare their lives Faceless :lol

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:

This is a good idea.

I will join you in your efforts, Crak.

I will put new clan tags on, "GAC - Gaffers Against Cheesing" :lol

on console, it seems to be an unwritten rule where "if you don't, we won't", but once someone starts the ball rolling, the shit hits the fan.

Maybe that's what it is.

i've gotten a few D2.0's recently, and got caught a couple of times. once on White Pass Conquest, i was behind the green garbage bin by one of the B Buldings and somehow i got D2.0'd from there despite being OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING!!! another time, i was in the roof of the 2nd B building with some other people, throwing grenades down the stairs while the crate was armed and someone D2.0'd the building.
Or when you touch the rubble 5 seconds after it's been demolished and you end up dying.

Cuban Legend said:
This is probably not news to you all so I will paraphrase the Source:

"NPD Group said on Monday that during the first six months of this year in the U.S., BFBC2 sold 11.2 million digital units vs. 8.2 million physical units."

change your name to "PHAIL"

TheSeks

don't worry Crak, i won't leave you hanging, i still love Rush.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love the mode. But I've gotten so tired of the cheese tactics and if it's not the cheese it's the rest of the non-GAF team not even going into the bases/many snipers. It's just... tiring.

send me a message if the game is full! don't worry, i won't use the new reporting tool :D

This is some ploy to get me to send you a message and you report it for spam, isn't it? I'm onto you! :lol *frysquint.jpg*

I'm way use to the cheesing now. Every time a UAV is up I expect UAV C4.

"Oh Shit! UAV!!!" That's my reaction.

If people invite me to Conquest I would play it until my mood changes. I don't really join people's game until I get invited :lol

yeah, they quit after i started Blackhawk C4ing their shit. Strangely, they did THE EXACT SAME THING to us in the previous game.

and damn, after those first two games on Atacama, they got handled. i mean, they didn't even win White Pass Rush on attack!

Taste of their own medicine :lol

I admit I hate a love to hate relationship with Mafia. This is the 5-6th time Gaf faced against them, maybe even more if the other gaffers faced them. I'm just counting how much timed I've played against Mafia.

UFRA

yeah, they quit after i started Blackhawk C4ing their shit. Strangely, they did THE EXACT SAME THING to us in the previous game.

and damn, after those first two games on Atacama, they got handled. i mean, they didn't even win White Pass Rush on attack!

What a bunch of babies.

Yeah, I seriously can't believe we held them off on White Pass on the first set of crates. That's just impressive on our part. :lol

UFRA said:
What a bunch of babies.

Yeah, I seriously can't believe we held them off on White Pass on the first set of crates. That's just impressive on our part. :lol
i still can't believe we disarmed A that time, that was a close one!

Crakatak187 said:
3 motion sensors covered the entire base :lol
yeah, and no need to worry about ammo, just pick up an assault kit from one of them, i mean, except for that one medic, they were all running assault (until the started RPGing B from their spawn) so that was covered.

abuC

Crakatak187 said:
Taste of their own medicine :lol

I admit I hate a love to hate relationship with Mafia. This is the 5-6th time Gaf faced against them, maybe even more if the other gaffers faced them. I'm just counting how much timed I've played against Mafia.

They're the Washington Generals of clans, I got nemesis pins from 3 of them in one game before, and in another game against them I was 50-3.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm never going to get the insignia for '50 Combat Excellence pins'. I get up to 5-6 kills in a row and always fuckin die. ~150 hours in and I've only gotten 11 of them. :lol

abuC

Marvie_3 said:
I'm never going to get the insignia for '50 Combat Excellence pins'. I get up to 5-6 kills in a row and always fuckin die. ~150 hours in and I've only gotten 11 of them. :lol

Are you any good with the tanks?

TheSeks

abuC said:
They're the Washington Generals of clans, I got nemesis pins from 3 of them in one game before, and in another game against them I was 50-3.

Who, what now?

If you guys are playing in an hour or two I'll try to join you. If the servers full, I guess I'll pester Faceless
and get banned from PSN
to get in.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah tanks, chopper gunner, and heavy MGs are your best bet. Play as an engineer if you go that route so you can keep your shit in working order (even the heavy MGs).

(._.)

Banned
I need help GAF. I have this on PC, got it a while ago actually. For some reason though I have never been able to play online. Punkbuster issues I guess. I installed the software and I believe have the latest version but it still wont list any games when I search. I have one server saved under my history tab (was able to find some the day I got the game) but I get kicked every time I join saying my punkbuster isn't up to date. What should I do?

TheSeks

(._.) said:
I need help GAF. I have this on PC, got it a while ago actually. For some reason though I have never been able to play online. Punkbuster issues I guess. I installed the software and I believe have the latest version but it still wont list any games when I search. I have one server saved under my history tab (was able to find some the day I got the game) but I get kicked every time I join saying my punkbuster isn't up to date. What should I do?

Cry, because Punkbuster is shit.

That aside: Contact Even-balance and see if they can help. Also run the pbupdate.exe or whatever and see if it finds an update that the auto-updater didn't find.

Facism

(._.) said:

you may need to go to the punkbuster site and manually download the latest pb files for BC2.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bc2.php

(._.) said:

This should help ya out
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

It has the pb exe to download, which when it opens, you add a game to the list, select the game, and click check for updates, has helped me with pb issues

Top Bottom