• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

No_Style

I haven't been a good old fashion PS3 GAF romp for weeks now. Should back to it on Sunday night.

Meanwhile, just a few turns in Civ V before bed.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Gaf Nights to me is on Tues and Weds when Jm plays.

I'll be on Mon night as well this week. :D 3 day weekend.

GG's tonight dream, abuC, Seks.

Between Conquest and Rush, we must have had around 10 wins in a row. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
imagine how fast the servers would clear if everyone used [GAF] tags!

Yeah, if only Dubbed and Abu did that... :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol @ Running into a suicide rush to C4 Third Set A the lighthouse map. AbuC can vouch and "WTF" at it. :lol

Double :lol :lol :lol :lol @ grabbing the Bradley, slapping V WARHEAD on it. Tickets are in the 10-20 area. BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM after rushing into the base, 13% left and A DESTROYED! pushing it to last push. :D

Faceless would've been proud. :D

Kills: 17
Deaths: 20 (gogodeathmarchtoC4AThirdSet)
KDR: 0.85 :lol

Score: 6710. SEGA SAIGA Silver Star

UFRA said:
>>Conquest<<

Yeah, I got out of BB:CS's story mode, joined Dream. You guys were behind in Panama with problems getting the flags. After that point, we seemed to turn it around and made the whole enemy team of "JC_whatever" ragequit/shit their pants out of rage of our turn around. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Stats reseted again... like every sunday.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Any preferred (PC) server GAF plays on? I'm a pubber myself and I'm pretty much always on the top5 of the server, I wonder how I would stack on GAF madness.

Also, what do you guys do for VoIP? BC2 voip never worked for me.

Edit: Wait, maybe i should ask: All this GAF pwnage is on PC or consoles? Also, is there a Steam BC2 GAF Group?

Deware80

Banned
oldschoolpinball said:
i play on 360 often with the gaf tag...tdf213

^^^ Cool man. Will def add ya.

It kinda sucks I have to reearn everything again after playing so long on the ps3, but damn it's kinda addicting too.

Marvie_3

Banned
Deware80 said:
Anyone still playin on 360? I'd love to join some gaf squads. Damn this game is awesome.
I play as well. Feel free to add me. I haven't played in about a week because I've been so hooked on NHL 11 though. Just send me a message and I'll hop on BC2. :D

Deware80

Banned
Cool ^^^ i'll add you too thanks. I'm more of a rush guy, but can play conquest as well.

Edit:Edit yopis I will add you too, thanks. I guess I should do the GAF tag as well to make things easier.

Donos

Bought it today (PC),

any very important tips and no no's for a beginner?

I'm quite competent at shooters (CoD4,CS1.6, TF2) but i read that BFBC2 isn't very beginner friendly (community wise).

Cannot wait to dive into it.

scoobs

Donos said:
Bought it today (PC),

I'm quite competent at shooters (CoD4,CS1.6, TF2) but i read that BFBC2 isn't very beginner friendly (community wise).

Unlock the carl gustav, own noobs. My only advice :lol

TheSeks

scoobs said:
Unlock the carl gustav, own noobs. My only advice :lol

Shit, you don't even need the Gustav. Just rush them all. :lol

drizzle said:
Any preferred (PC) server GAF plays on? I'm a pubber myself and I'm pretty much always on the top5 of the server, I wonder how I would stack on GAF madness.

Edit: Wait, maybe i should ask: All this GAF pwnage is on PC or consoles? Also, is there a Steam BC2 GAF Group?
Nightman and I play on western US servers. What's your BC2 ID? Maybe we can meet up sometimes. We use xfire and in game chat. IDK about a steam group as we play retail.

Donos said:
Bought it today (PC),

You've played a lot with a mouse (looking at your games), you should be good. Just be a helpful teammate and stick with the squad. Throw down ammo, health, motion mines, repair shit, and spot bad guys. Oh and defend or charge/attack MCOMs. Don't waste tickets and if you're the last guy in your squad, hide so your guys can spawn on you. You'll get it in no time. And there are lots of "noob only servers" you could try.

See you guys on the 'field.

Deware80 said:
Anyone still playin on 360? I'd love to join some gaf squads. Damn this game is awesome.
i try to, but everyone's always playing Reach.

Deware80 said:
^^^ Cool man. Will def add ya.

It kinda sucks I have to reearn everything again after playing so long on the ps3, but damn it's kinda addicting too.
what sucks is that there's no way to set zoom/shoot to L2/R2. that would make adjusting soooo much easier.

Nabs

drizzle said:

Most of us use Mumble for VoIP. It's a shame we haven't played much lately. I hope Vietnam comes soon so we can get everyone back into things.

TheSeks

what sucks is that there's no way to set zoom/shoot to L2/R2. that would make adjusting soooo much easier.

I was like you once, with CoD4 PS3 being "tactical inverted" (flipping L/R1 to L/R2 for shooting and tactical style like the 360 "tactical normal") died over and over and over, because the triggers suck.

Went back to tactical, forced myself to use the "PS standard" FPS scheme, haven't had issues since. Learn to deal, man. :lol ;)

TheSeks said:
I was like you once, with CoD4 PS3 being "tactical inverted" (flipping L/R1 to L/R2 for shooting and tactical style like the 360 "tactical normal") died over and over and over, because the triggers suck.

Went back to tactical, forced myself to use the "PS standard" FPS scheme, haven't had issues since. Learn to deal, man. :lol ;)
i've learned to deal since BC1, but it still sucks that there's no option when resistance and ut3 do.

i even put up with no stickdrive, despite the removal of that being fucking baffling to me.

scoobs

olimpia84 said:
Yeah, awesome weapon but I prefer the USAS12. It has a bit less damage but it has more range which can be helpful in a lot of situations.
I don't really know which i like more...

mempbisB

GAFS,

Do I need the DLC for PS3 to play online?

The original Bad Company 2 is much cheaper then the Ultimate Edition.

If so, I would much get the basic game and wait for the vietnam dlc which I am more interested in.

i've learned to deal since BC1, but it still sucks that there's no option when resistance and ut3 do.

i even put up with no stickdrive, despite the removal of that being fucking baffling to me.
It's definitely harder to drive and shoot without stickdrive. One (small) bonus though is that reversing (straight) is much easier now, previously I was all over the shop :D

TheSeks

Meh, I've never been huge on stick drive. I don't mind the default/trigger vehicle controls, except when I'm being attacked, flustered and have to yoga my fingers to d-pad down (rear view), L2 (back up), R1 (fire), right stick (aiming), left stick (drive). Of course, d-pad down may/may not be required depending on if I know no one is attacking from behind or not.

L1/2 BC1-style vehcile controls weren't too bad, but I do wish the "rear view" was easier to get than it is. :/

scoobs

OH MAN! Just realized you can hold down the left mouse button with the SPAS-12 lol! I was using it like teh saiga and i couldn't figure out what the difference was supposed to be between them :lol I am an idiot! This is awesome, this gun owns.

UFRA

scoobs said:
OH MAN! Just realized you can hold down the left mouse button with the SPAS-12 lol! I was using it like teh saiga and i couldn't figure out what the difference was supposed to be between them :lol I am an idiot! This is awesome, this gun owns.

You mean the USAS-12? The automatic shotgun? :D I always use that one when I'm out C4ing things. Love it.

The SPAS-12 is pump action.

Massa

mempbisB said:
GAFS,

Do I need the DLC for PS3 to play online?

The original Bad Company 2 is much cheaper then the Ultimate Edition.

If so, I would much get the basic game and wait for the vietnam dlc which I am more interested in.

Get the basic version brand new. That version will also get you the VIP map packs, which are the only map packs available for the main game modes (Rush/Conquest) until Vietnam comes out.

The Ultimate edition comes with a new coop mode (Onslaught, costs $10 for the regular edition) and Battlefield 1943 ($15 on PSN). You also get some unlockables right off the bat but that's hardly worth paying for imo.

olimpia84

sorry I didn't join you last night dreamgazer, but renderman and I were in a squad with two random dudes that had mics and we were playing very well as a team although I must say that it was just pretty much us 4 doing ALL the work.
I was so frustrated last night...I don't think I ever cursed that much in my life :lol
We won 2 games and lost 5 but I decided to stick with it and not switch servers despite being frustrated and having useless teammates. It was a very nice change of pace though, usually my Conquest team dominates the entire match so easily that halfway through the game we're spawn camping the opposing team.

I still can't believe we blew a 80+ ticket lead in Port Valdez, that defeat was plain humiliating; then we went on to win White Pass rather comfortably but in the second round they got us AGAIN with us having a huge lead over them....=/

Meh, I think I will re-purchase this. I need my BF fix badly! This time for PS3 because the dead zone of the 360 sticks pretty much ruined the aiming for me.

The WWII M1911 pistol is great but lately I've been using the MP-443 Grach and I'm really liking it.

Yeah, dosn't have the "punch" of the WWII pistol but I love the bigger clip size and the precision.

Also, I was doing a pretty god match and the console froze...FFFFFUUUU.

TheSeks

Relaxed Muscle said:
The WWII M1911 pistol is great but lately I've been using the MP-443 Grach and I'm really liking it.

Yeah, dosn't have the "punch" of the WWII pistol but I love the bigger clip size and the precision.

All the pistols are good. Just some of them need a small damage buff to kill. The Rex being notable for this.

That said, don't use them as a primary kill-method unless you're playing recon and moving into "close-quarters" areas. Use them when you run out of ammo in a primary gun to quick-switch and gun down the person.

Jubs

I just discovered the absolute joy that is pump action shotguns with slug ammo. The range is too good, and it still packs a helluva punch, despite what the description says. Question: Are there any real differences between the different pump shotties? Stats look similar for all of them. Is it just a matter of preference and which one you feel most comfortable with?

Donos

Started playing today, map in a huge desert with some ship wreckage.
Already the first moment was awesome. Spawned, bullets flying everywhere and saw a heli above me releasing (hellfire?) missiles at some target in the distance.That was pure Battlefield pure.
The sound of the game is just nice. TF2 has to wait some months.

Engineer starting weapon is a joke. So far only good impressions.

TheSeks

Donos said:
Engineer starting weapon is a joke.

Bullshit. The 91-A1 is a beast.

Put crosshair on target.
TAPTAPTAP
????
DEADMEN PROFIT

Edit: Abu/Faceless: My DNS died and since I'm slightly tired of playing right now I'm going to call it quits for an hour or so. I'll be back at 10PM, if you guys are still around.

olimpia84

Jubs said:
I just discovered the absolute joy that is pump action shotguns with slug ammo. The range is too good, and it still packs a helluva punch, despite what the description says. Question: Are there any real differences between the different pump shotties? Stats look similar for all of them. Is it just a matter of preference and which one you feel most comfortable with?

Stat-wise they're all the same but the Neostad 2000 loads a tad faster than the rest of them (some people think it has a better range too although I'm not too sure about this).

Top Bottom