• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

olimpia84

91-A1 platinum: check
USAS 12 platinum: check

I think I'm done trying to get plats in the rest of the weapons, I have 15 of them already (well, maybe I'll go for the Neostad and MG3 since I have a lot of kills for them).
The only engineer weapon left to plat for me is the PP2000 but I hate it so I won't even bother with it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Stallion Free said:
Technically it should since the higher the FOV, the more you see on the screen, but I doubt you would lose more than 2/3 frames tops.

great :), thanks

Nameless

scoobs said:
oh my lord the M60 is so good, i completely stopped using it after the nerf and focused on mg36... mistake #1. The nerf did nothing, I still rape everyone with this gun lol. :lol

Bleh. I had retired my beloved M60 after I discovered way too many people use it in BCBC2. after It had been my ace weapon for 2 years in BC1. Wise decision in the long run since the 870 Combat's symphony of death is unrivaled both in it's beauty and despair.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
olimpia84 said:
The only engineer weapon left to plat for me is the PP2000 but I hate it so I won't even bother with it.

PP2000 is a beast.

Long range? ADS->TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPDEADMEN
Shortrange? ADH->TAAAAAAAAAAPDEADMAN.

The clip size is an issue, but that's why you don't play engineer as an assault.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
PP2000 is a beast.

The clip size is an issue, but that's why you don't play engineer as an assault.

For me the main issue is the low damage. Even though the fire rate is very high it's not enough to compensate the low damage. Also, the fact that the game has hit detection issues doesn't help either making 1-on-1 situations almost impossible to win.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
For me the main issue is the low damage. Even though the fire rate is very high it's not enough to compensate the low damage. Also, the fact that the game has hit detection issues doesn't help either making 1-on-1 situations almost impossible to win.

Weird. I've never had an issue with the PP2000. It ruins peoples day.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ban is finally over... christ. :lol

Anyway, hopefully PS3 gaf is on tonight 'cause I'm in the BF mood.

TheSeks said:
PP2000 is a beast.

How do you mean? The PP2000 has the biggest clip out of the engineer weapons (40) and is a great street sweeper for that reason. Did you mean damage?

endlessflood said:
How do you mean? The PP2000 has the biggest clip out of the engineer weapons (40) and is a great street sweeper for that reason. Did you mean damage?
yeah i love the PP close range, i don't get how people can use it with a 4x ad mid/far.. i tried it and damn, it's like using a water gun on people.

The Faceless Master said:
yeah i love the PP close range, i don't get how people can use it with a 4x ad mid/far.. i tried it and damn, it's like using a water gun on people.
Yeah I tend to use it if I want to take the tracer pistol since it pretty much removes the possibility of running out of ammo in your primary during a firefight. Even at close range the damage can be an issue though.

I found out just recently that there are actually NO Aussie BFBC2 servers (despite Gordon Van Dyke saying there would be, and despite the fact that there were Aussie servers for the BFBC2 Demo and BF1943 even). So faceless that explains why you didn't get much lag playing with us... we were probably playing on US servers to being with! :)

The worst thing is that by default DICE routes Aussie players to Japanese servers. Now Japan is about 8,000km away (~5,000 miles), but many Aussie ISPs (including mine) route their traffic to Japan through the West Coast of the USA.

Now Sydney --> LA is 12,000km (~7,500 miles), and LA --> Tokyo is 8,800km (~5,500 miles). So when I get put on Japanese servers every packet has to travel 20,800km (~13,000 miles) in each direction. I begin to understand why I don't win one-on-one battles...

endlessflood said:
Yeah I tend to use it if I want to take the tracer pistol since it pretty much removes the possibility of running out of ammo in your primary during a firefight. Even at close range the damage can be an issue though.

I found out just recently that there are actually NO Aussie BFBC2 servers (despite Gordon Van Dyke saying there would be, and despite the fact that there were Aussie servers for the BFBC2 Demo and BF1943 even). So faceless that explains why you didn't get much lag playing with us... we were probably playing on US servers to being with! :)

The worst thing is that by default DICE routes Aussie players to Japanese servers. Now Japan is about 8,000km away (~5,000 miles), but many Aussie ISPs (including mine) route their traffic to Japan through the West Coast of the USA.

Now Sydney --> LA is 12,000km (~7,500 miles), and LA --> Tokyo is 8,800km (~5,500 miles). So when I get put on Japanese servers every packet has to travel 20,800km (~13,000 miles) in each direction. I begin to understand why I don't win one-on-one battles...
i thought you knew that (the no AU servers) before. iirc, DICE peeps mentioned that the AU hosting companies charge more than just about everyone else, so they opted for servers in less expensive places. and yeah, it's really obvious by the usernames when we're on JP servers.

TheSeks

Nelson Bay has become my garden.

Makes shit easier to see . Until DICE decides to give me brightness/HDR/bloom sliders, you'll have to enjoy my running around throwing C4 on things to make it harder for the attackers there.

abuC

TheSeks said:

Makes shit easier to see . Until DICE decides to give me brightness/HDR/bloom sliders, you'll have to enjoy my running around throwing C4 on things to make it harder for the attackers there.

I was wondering what you were doing :lol

i thought you knew that (the no AU servers) before. iirc, DICE peeps mentioned that the AU hosting companies charge more than just about everyone else, so they opted for servers in less expensive places. and yeah, it's really obvious by the usernames when we're on JP servers.
We always just assumed there were very few Aussie servers since as I said DICE had Aussie servers for BF1943, the BFBC2 demo and said they would be in place for the final game. The good games (lag-wise) would have been on US servers and obviously the usernames would be pretty much what you'd expect to see on an Aussie server.

Anyways I've set my EA Profile to US so hopefully I'll avoid the servers that are 20,000km away and instead be put on the really close ones (12,000km, cheers DICE). They're not even in the same fucking hemisphere.

TheSeks

endlessflood said:

Both. The poor damage eats into the clip which by the time you kill two dudes, is empty. Ergo, the clip-size is an issue.

Also crack am cry, UFRA helped me UAV C4 B first set and second set on the lighthouse map. Got tired of running for it and suiciding on the failure to jump on the roof with the ATV. :(

Crack also will cry as Faceless and I just cleared Arica Rush in a matter of ~10 mins? :lol Dudes tried to cheese the crate, failed at the third set (thanks to my anti-tank mines on the rails making them hesistate and try to cheese it from their base), we ran that shit within a matter of minutes. Most of them I think rage quitting. :lol :lol :lol

To quote Faceless: POIIIIIIINTS. :lol

Abu said:
I was wondering what you were doing

Well, hey. It helped you on the machine guns get a positive kill death to my negative, right? :lol I did my job as "GAF's resident support/jihad"er well, then. :lol

UFRA

TheSeks said:

I actually appreciated this.

Made camping at A a lot easier for me. I could see the guys coming from miles away. :D

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Seks why you got to pick on me in Neogaf :D

"Honor" in Rush, makes me tease you when I cheese for points and people doing it as the norm in general. ;p

UFRA said:
I actually appreciated this.

Well, good. At least me doing that helped people with their KDR's and defense. I was like... 14-28 or more at the end of that round. Mostly from either suicides from being too close to the C4 or people able to see me running to the few patches I missed. ARGH.

Two people/assaults or maybe three-four can easily EASILY clear a section on that map in five minutes, I wager. No one else was giving me ammo crates to speed the gain up so I had to wait... slowly... for... the... six... to restart my knockdown runs. :lol

mr_nothin

Banned
I've been away from this game for a while and just picked it up for the PC again. I thought the LMGs were nerfed...why the hell are they STILL soooo accurate? It's nerve racking. I completely destroyed a couple of snipers and a bunch of engineers/assaults when I picked up a medic's kit. He had the XM8 lmg and that shit is a MONSTER. I love the scope on it though. I dont use lmgs because I find them to be pretty cheesy/corny.

It's crazy how you have to burst fire with Assault class but you can let the lmg RIP and it's still a freaking 150 clip sniper rifle at long distances. What is it with every online FPS these days? There's always a few choice gameplay decisions that just completely ruin the experience and makes it frustrating. MW2 with it's...hell I'm not even going to touch that 1 because there's so much wrong with it. KZ2 with it's rockets+boost (also adds health regen AND THEN armor on top of that). BF2 with it's freaking LMGs. I mean wtf

And with that said, this game is STILL awesome. Soooo much fun.

TheSeks said:
Both. The poor damage eats into the clip which by the time you kill two dudes, is empty. Ergo, the clip-size is an issue.

Also crack am cry, UFRA helped me UAV C4 B first set and second set on the lighthouse map. Got tired of running for it and suiciding on the failure to jump on the roof with the ATV. :(
yeah when that happened i was like "did they just do that?" and JM was like "yeah, i saw Seks putting C4 on a quad so i parked the UAV next to him", to which i replied "JM DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM!"

Crack also will cry as Faceless and I just cleared Arica Rush in a matter of ~10 mins? :lol Dudes tried to cheese the crate, failed at the third set (thanks to my anti-tank mines on the rails making them hesistate and try to cheese it from their base), we ran that shit within a matter of minutes. Most of them I think rage quitting. :lol :lol :lol

To quote Faceless: POIIIIIIINTS. :lol

Well, hey. It helped you on the machine guns get a positive kill death to my negative, right? :lol I did my job as "GAF's resident support/jihad"er well, then. :lol
nah, Crak was like "last game, be chester cheesy" right as i was on the spawn screen about to pick engineer. the funniest part of that match for me was at the start when i saw u taking off in the quad and i hopped onto another guy's hummer, and he just jets right past you, so i hop out, throw an ammo box and wait for you to pull up so i can add more C4!

mr_nothin said:
I've been away from this game for a while and just picked it up for the PC again. I thought the LMGs were nerfed...why the hell are they STILL soooo accurate? It's nerve racking. I completely destroyed a couple of snipers and a bunch of engineers/assaults when I picked up a medic's kit. He had the XM8 lmg and that shit is a MONSTER. I love the scope on it though. I dont use lmgs because I find them to be pretty cheesy/corny.

It's crazy how you have to burst fire with Assault class but you can let the lmg RIP and it's still a freaking 150 clip sniper rifle at long distances. What is it with every online FPS these days? There's always a few choice gameplay decisions that just completely ruin the experience and makes it frustrating. MW2 with it's...hell I'm not even going to touch that 1 because there's so much wrong with it. KZ2 with it's rockets+boost (also adds health regen AND THEN armor on top of that). BF2 with it's freaking LMGs. I mean wtf

And with that said, this game is STILL awesome. Soooo much fun.
iirc they nerfed the damage of the M60, but they made LMG's more accurate while standing still.

UFRA

yeah when that happened i was like "did they just do that?" and JM was like "yeah, i saw Seks putting C4 on a quad so i parked the UAV next to him", to which i replied "JM DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM!"

:lol :lol

That was an awesome moment tonight too.

We destroyed B at the first set of crates, and then damaged the second B to 50%. Not a bad run considering we were against some high levels that payed attention to UAV's roaming around. :D

olimpia84

I tried joining your games last night but the server was full, at one point I managed to get in but I was in the opposite team so I left.
Had a few Conquest rounds with randoms and it was pretty fun. Everybody worked as a team and we won every match :)

TheSeks

:lol Sorry, but Rush is broken until they decide to not give me 1000 points per crate for cheesing them and remove UAV C4, AT Mine damage, *goes down this road again*. No honor among thieves pubbies, so I assume they're playing dirty until further notice.

That said, I generally DON'T UAV C4. JM gets on the UAV after I set up another ATV Jihad run. He pulls up the UAV near me. I'm like "wait, you want me to throw C4 on? *rushes past, UAV climbs* Well, what the hell.... *gets off UAV lowers, slaps C4 on, knife JM in the face to take off*"

(BLAM! B IS DESTROYED!)

*set up next run*

(BLAM! B IS DAMAGED! UAV taken out)

JM gets in the tank, I get back on the ATV to try to jihad A.

nah, Crak was like "last game, be chester cheesy" right as i was on the spawn screen about to pick engineer. the funniest part of that match for me was at the start when i saw u taking off in the quad and i hopped onto another guy's hummer, and he just jets right past you, so i hop out, throw an ammo box and wait for you to pull up so i can add more C4!

Haha. I saw you pop out of the Jeep, so I'm like "well, I'll pick him up" not expecting you to C4 my ATV. What's even more funny is you bailed out. I get it near B. Bailed. You blow the crate. You get into A. I'm trying to rush into A to arm it and get taken out only for you to take out A all by yourself with the C4. :lol

Buddy of mine shows me his skills on the PC version.

Me: Your are aware of the spot function, right?
Him: Erm, I thought they took that out since BF2?

... after 70h clocked in :lol

abuC

I think someone called me the king of cheese the other night, it was when I was on the other team going against Dream, JM and Crak (My team won :D ). After the game I switched to their side, and heard something about me and the king of cheese, explain yourselves! I'd admit to cheesy tactics, but I can't think of anything I do that's cheesy, unless of course using the tank from long distance is considered cheese.

UFRA

abuC said:
I think someone called me the king of cheese the other night, it was when I was on the other team going against Dream, JM and Crak (My team won :D ). After the game I switched to their side, and heard something about me and the king of cheese, explain yourselves! I'd admit to cheesy tactics, but I can't think of anything I do that's cheesy, unless of course using the tank from long distance is considered cheese.

I don't think anyone called you the king of cheese. I recall that conversation and it was someone else given that title lol.

abuC

UFRA said:
I don't think anyone called you the king of cheese. I recall that conversation and it was someone else given that title lol.

Oh ok, I thought it was about me, I was about to cancel the holiday cards. :D

Does team GAF do private clan games against other clans? I got invited to the RaW & R4P clans but turned it down, seems like they almost always do private games.

TheSeks said:
:lol Sorry, but Rush is broken until they decide to not give me 1000 points per crate for cheesing them and remove UAV C4, AT Mine damage, *goes down this road again*. No honor among thieves pubbies, so I assume they're playing dirty until further notice.
ha! i do the opposite, i assume they're playing clean until something blows up...

Haha. I saw you pop out of the Jeep, so I'm like "well, I'll pick him up" not expecting you to C4 my ATV. What's even more funny is you bailed out. I get it near B. Bailed. You blow the crate. You get into A. I'm trying to rush into A to arm it and get taken out only for you to take out A all by yourself with the C4. :lol
yeah, i was planning to bail at A, so we'd be taking out both at once! i weakened the back of A and got some objective damage, but a tank (i assume) took it out.

abuC said:
Does team GAF do private clan games against other clans? I got invited to the RaW & R4P clans but turned it down, seems like they almost always do private games.
GAF is a way of life, not a clan!

so I bought this game today used and I was wondering if anyone has a spare code that comes with the game???

please please please???? *o*

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh and SHAME ON GAFFERS WHO DONT USE THE GAF TAG!!
SHAME ON YOU!! SHAME ON YOUUU!!!

how much was it used vs new? more or less than $10?

dunno since I´m from Chile, and here is very different than USA, but is was more covenient to me...

lol, i forgot to say that is the ps3 version :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
lolez2matt said:
dunno since I´m from Chile, and here is very different than USA, but is was more covenient to me...

lol, i forgot to say that is the ps3 version :lol
Hermano Chileno !!!

I dont have a code sadly, i think there is a thread for asking codes and stuff.
Dont remember the name.

Fersis said:
Hermano Chileno !!!

I dont have a code sadly, i think there is a thread for asking codes and stuff.
Dont remember the name.

Buenas buenas!!!!

Yeah, I know that thread too, but forgot it, and I didn´t lose nothing asking here :D

scoobs

So me and my buddies came up with the offical 3 ways to die in bad company 2.

1. Your knife fails, you get knifed or shot.
2. Shot in the back
3. Carl gustav.

There are no other options.

UFRA said:

I think I call Faceless the King of cheese. Don't cheese Faceless or he'll be a nightmare :lol

The other team should be grateful that Faceless is holding back on them :lol

Fersis said:
Oh and SHAME ON GAFFERS WHO DONT USE THE GAF TAG!!
SHAME ON YOU!! SHAME ON YOUUU!!!

Shame on me indeed. I don't feel right with a tag on.

scoobs said:

2. Shot in the back
3. Carl gustav.

4. Get shoot in the head in every part of the map, by one of those lame wookies.

I'm one of them! MUAHAHAHAHA

And I use the GAF tag, even if I'm probably one of the few 360 GAF users playing BC2! :lol :lol

abuC said:
That sounds more like a cult :D
are you thirsty?

scoobs said:

2. Shot in the back
3. Carl gustav.

i haven't noticed CG spam in a while, i get killed more often by AN-94's.

lately, i've been using the AT4/Tracer combo. some of you are probably saying "but the AT4 doesn't lock on!" yeah, i know, i'm trying to hit choppers with the AT4, but tracer them first so someone else can shoot them down because i miss a lot!

Crakatak187 said:
I think I call Faceless the King of cheese. Don't cheese Faceless or he'll be a nightmare :lol

The other team should be grateful that Faceless is holding back on them :lol
:lol :lol :lol

even when i'm not cheesing, i'm probably fucking around and trying to find new ways to get up on the edges of maps or new spots to RPG crates from. or just sitting back and padding my KD...

Relaxed Muscle said:
4. Get shoot in the head in every part of the map, by one of those lame wookies.

I'm one of them! MUAHAHAHAHA

And I use the GAF tag, even if I'm probably one of the few 360 GAF users playing BC2! :lol :lol
whenever i check, nobody's playing!

olimpia84

We never fought against other clans but I do remember one time we had a massive GAF vs GAF Conquest showdown in a private server. It was fun as hell :D

I know we never had an all GAF match vs an all other clan match. There is always some randoms, but there were some matches that had 6-8 gaf vs 6-8 clan members.

It's always the clans I hate though. Love to hate relationship.

TheSeks

Faceless: Did you know you can take a tank up that shortcut (you know the one) on second set Arica Harbor Rush?

I did that two days ago and I think I "WTF"ed AbuC on that. I was like "screw it, it's an extra tank, I'm going to see if I can do it" and I did. :lol

coopolon

Beat this game today for the first time. On PC. Amazing single player campaign. Picked it up for super cheap the other week when EA was having a big online sale. Will definitely play the campaign again.

They improved SO much from the first game. Unfortunately, 2 out of 3 enemies still carry RPGs, and your squad mates are still dumber than bricks, but c'est la vie.

TheSeks said:
Faceless: Did you know you can take a tank up that shortcut (you know the one) on second set Arica Harbor Rush?

I did that two days ago and I think I "WTF"ed AbuC on that. I was like "screw it, it's an extra tank, I'm going to see if I can do it" and I did. :lol
yeah, you can take any vehicle over, hell, in the beta, you could run over with under a second to spare, but they expanded the out-of-bounds area since the beta and now you can't even make it running with lightweight.

TheSeks

yeah, you can take any vehicle over, hell, in the beta, you could run over with under a second to spare, but they expanded the out-of-bounds area since the beta and now you can't even make it running with lightweight.

I didn't know you could run over it, but I'm surprised a tank cleared over it. They had a few engineers around to take us out, sadly. :(

Top Bottom